PPV POSTER COMPETITION: NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Avrusha92

Formerly known as AD Angelic Diablo

Night_of_Champions_Logo_display_image.jpg

It's that time, ladies and gentlemen! A NIGHT WHERE ALL CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE DEFENDED....(or should be) anyways....

Like every month we have this poster competition, and this month's competition is simple: Design your own version of The Night of Champions poster.

Rep will be given, as well as comments and feedback from others.

The rules are simple. Don't plagarise and don't spam. For a conventional poster, I'd recommend a size of 400 x 500 or 300 x 500, whatever floats your boat.

So let's see what you've got, let your creativity run wild!​

v7w4dd.jpg

Well I made this poster for one of the people in the Book This section and I think it turned out pretty good. Alberto Del Rio has a lot of nice renders, and this one is a nice render as well. With him being the champion, I think it was safe to make him the main focus. Gold is his color so the poster was a golden-white-ish poster. Btw, love these threads you post for competitions AD!

v7w4dd.jpg

Well I made this poster for one of the people in the Book This section and I think it turned out pretty good. Alberto Del Rio has a lot of nice renders, and this one is a nice render as well. With him being the champion, I think it was safe to make him the main focus. Gold is his color so the poster was a golden-white-ish poster. Btw, love these threads you post for competitions AD!

That really brings out the intensity out of Alberto Del Rio and good job with the poster

Ladies and Gentlemen... Without further due... my poster

nocppv.png

I started off with a plain canvas, I then shaded it burgundy. I then found a render of a texture, and lowered the opacity on the texture.

I did a few brush strokes on a new layer above the texture, and I was debating whether to add Alberto Del Rio or Randy Orton, but it seems like someone already used Del Rio, so I decided to add Orton instead, but something felt odd about it... there was TOO much dead space.
So behind Orton I added some triangular/rectangular shapes... and lowered the opacity, yet still something didnt feel right. Should I add Christian on it? NAH.

Should I add the SmackDown! Money in the Bank winner? HMMM.... Not a threat to Orton.
Who should face Orton at NOC? The most dominating man on SmackDown... SHEAMMM... MARK HENRY!
I found an amazing render of Mean Mark Henry, and then put it under a low opacity but visible enough.

Then on top of everything I added a few black grungy brush strokes...

There you go guys! Hope you like it.​

dlkizd.png

Pretty simple poster here. Started with a black background and then placed a gold brush on top. Then I set an explosion c4d on overlay and placed it in the background and lowered the opacity. Also put a star c4d in on linear dodge and played with the opacity and fill. I then put in my images of Orton and ADR as they are the current world champions. Put the logo for NOC in and erased the parts of Orton and ADR that were visible below the logo. Put in my font and then applied my image on neon glow and put that on overlay and lowered the fill. Finally applied once more and sharpened it. Also lowered the fill on that one as well and called it a day.​

Ladies and Gentlemen... Without further due... my poster

nocppv.png

I started off with a plain canvas, I then shaded it burgundy. I then found a render of a texture, and lowered the opacity on the texture.

I did a few brush strokes on a new layer above the texture, and I was debating whether to add Alberto Del Rio or Randy Orton, but it seems like someone already used Del Rio, so I decided to add Orton instead, but something felt odd about it... there was TOO much dead space.
So behind Orton I added some triangular/rectangular shapes... and lowered the opacity, yet still something didnt feel right. Should I add Christian on it? NAH.

Should I add the SmackDown! Money in the Bank winner? HMMM.... Not a threat to Orton.
Who should face Orton at NOC? The most dominating man on SmackDown... SHEAMMM... MARK HENRY!
I found an amazing render of Mean Mark Henry, and then put it under a low opacity but visible enough.

Then on top of everything I added a few black grungy brush strokes...

There you go guys! Hope you like it.​

I think you should add the real sponsor of NOC but other wise great.Man you are an artist at work.

noc.png

OK everyone, I've been waiting for this competition :)

Here's what I did:

1. Started with 400X500.

2. Made the black grid-lines. First 3 vertical ones, then the horizontal ones and i deleted the excess bits.

3. In the top and bottom sectors I did a radial gradient from a light yellow to dark yellow. God I wish how to make gold. Try as I might, I can't do it :lmao:

4. In the four middle bits I did another radial gradient, this time from light to dark blue.

5. Then I got a favourite texture of mine and set it to overlay.

6. I then pasted in my four renders, each on a new layer.

7. Then I just cut off excess parts of them so they each have their own part. If you haven't figured it out, they're the 4 current male singles champions.

8. Then the logo and text.

9. The WWE logo on the NoC logo was a bit dodgy so I erased it and put in my own.

Thanks everybody, I like to think my entry's pretty good. I'm not exactly known for my posters, but i think this is one of my best PPV ones yet :)

wwe_night_of_champions_by_rollingthunderdesign-d47kg25.png

Right then, I settled on my render, first of all. Then I did some gold brushing and heavily edited the image. There were a lot of gradient maps and such to get it to that state. I then used an excellent "circus grunge" stock and put in the logo. To make the logo fit in, I did some light brushing and then added some patterns underneath it. Still looking a bit plain, I put in an image of some Greek ruins as I felt it had a Greek/Roman feel to it. Then there's a lot of stuff like adjustment layers and the like. Normally I would add a sponsor's logo and some writing but it didn't feel in keeping with the tone of the poster. And the way Ziggler's head is meant that I couldn't even write "WWE presents" or something.

Anyway, I'm really happy with how this turned out considering I was winging it.

Ok here is the comedic entry for the poster competition. It is my idea of Zack Ryder getting a match at Night of Champions. I was laughing making this because I have as his two opponents Santino and Wade who as far as I know are not Tweeters. Pretty simple to make with three renders. The text is mighty boring but as a sort of joke entry it is ok.

noc.jpg

3. In the top and bottom sectors I did a radial gradient from a light yellow to dark yellow. God I wish how to make gold. Try as I might, I can't do it :lmao:

I know how you feel, man. Gold is like impossible to find. But, I messed around a bit and found that #FFD700 is basically, the closest you'll ever get to it. Hope I helped.

2m63af8.jpg

That's what I got. I really had a hard time putting my vision down onto the poster, I really just couldn't get "it." That being said, I'm fairly happy with how it came out. I came up with an interesting background, then wanted to highlight the main match up and just went from there. I figured the WWE Title in the back would be a nice touch too.

I just joined this forum because the other forum I was in did not have a very active graphic section. I am amazed at the skills that many of you have. Good work.

v7w4dd.jpg

Wow this is great. I just think the main render of ADR is low quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back