Predictions and Discussion Thread

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
I don't think we'll be doing a formal predictions contest for this like we do for the WZT every year, but you can use this thread to talk about potential match ups, vent frustrations, predict the regional winners, do a break down of the subregions etc etc.

Here are some first round matches that caught my eye...

Cheerleader Melissa vs ODB - here we have a popular journeywoman wrestler against one of TNA's most popular wrestlers in general. It took some going back and forth but I think I'm going to throw my weight behind ODB, but it was a difficult decision.

Chyna vs Madison Eagles - Here we have Chyna the powerhouse up against another powerhouse in Eagles. Most will probably be voting for Chyna but those that have seen Eagles might be stopping to think first.

Molly Holly vs Maryse Ouellet - An example of a match between a true technician and a true showmen. There might be an upset here.

AJ Lee vs Stephanie McMahon - What a war!

Trish Stratus vs Ivelisse Velez - Will the location make difference? Will the foreign star score the upset? It's happened many times in the WZT. Fans of Santo remember...

Paige vs Candice Michelle - One of the brightest new Divas against a Diva that I feel is terribly underrated. Interested to see if Candice can pull off the upset.

Looking through the second round matches here are some I found potentially interesting...

Victoria vs Cheeleader Melissa - Victoria will probably get the win, but it will be hard fought I am sure. Still on the fence on this one.

Awesome Kong vs Sara Del Rey - this match would have been epic in the gimmick rounds. Damn. I'm expecting some good discussion here, and I'll probably pull for Kong.

AJ Lee vs Wendi Richter - new school vs old school. AJ has the benefit of being fresh in peoples minds, but Richter is one of the greatest of all time.

A quick rundown on the regional finals....

[1] Fabulous Moolah vs [3] Victoria - there are arguments to be made for Victoria. Those that know history and know Moolah might be poised to argue against her. Otherwise her legendary status will probably see her through.

[1] Lita vs [3] Mickie James - Lita is a powerhouse. Her seed is justified. Though if there was anyone other than Trish Stratus that could bounce her out of this tournament before the championship rounds it's Mickie James.

[1] Trish Stratus vs [7] Manami Toyota - The most popular women's wrestler from the WWE meets the most popular women's wrestler from Japan. Both dominated their respected divisions and both have claimed the title of "greatest ever" from adoring fans. These two are allot alike. That's why I'm expecting a war here.

[1] Gail Kim vs [2] Madusa - Will TNA's best and brightest have what it takes to put down one of the greatest and iconic women's wrestlers ever? We'll see. I personally am on the fence with this one.

We have a pretty good final 8 here. The one that has me the most torn is Lita VS Mickie, that for me is so close I might have to flip a coin as I am a huge fan of both.

Thoughts on the semi-finals...

[1] Trish Stratus vs [3] Victoria - At first glance this match seems pretty one sided... if you're using WWE Victoria. If you factor in Lisa Marie Varon's tenure as TNA Tara then the match becomes much less obvious. Will LMV's longevity be enough to offset Trish's popularity? We'll see...

[1] Gail Kim vs [3] Mickie James - The best women's pro wrestler today against the most decorated women's pro wrestler of the past 20 years. Mickie's TNA career was not as strong as Gail's, but Gail's WWE tenure was weak compared to Mickie's. Combined, who knows?

I'm expecting great showings from both matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back