QF(4)GTA San Andreas -v- (8) Pokemon RBY

?

• San Andreas

• RedBlueYellow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
GTASABOX.jpg

Gotta gatch em all. But catch what? ****es or pokemon?

Pokemon_red_box.jpg

The game that started it all vs the game that barely cracks the top three in it's own series.

I enjoyed putting many hours into both of these games, but this is pretty much a no contest, this is Pokemon's match to lose.

The release of a new GTA usually always makes the past version obsolete, but with Pokemon, every single game in the franchise is compatible with the most current version. Sure you might need a couple games boys, a link cable, multiple DS's and every generation of Pokemon released for the gameboy/ds; but you can transfer Pokemon from red/blue/yellow all the way over to the current white/black version. which in turns adds value and playability to those original Pokemon games.

Pokemon has been a big part of my life and I love the series

But I don't know how I could vote for it instead of GTA San Andreas.

I mean look , I love pokemon but I can't shoot grannies or jump off a building or ride a motorcylce at 120mph up the wrong side of the street in pokemon

So yeah , had to go with GTA and I'm a bit shocked by the ammount which Pokemon is winning atm (about 3x the votes as GTA)

I can see why people would vote for Pokemon, but for me its appeal and success come from its pick-up-and play usability, its fun and simple style and its addictiveness. The compatibility is also a MAJOR boost to its chances of winning- why dont Smackdown games do something similar??

However,I have to vote San Andreas here. It is not my favourite GTA (that honour goes to Vice City), but the sheer scale of this game, the size of the maps, and the level of detail absolutely blew me away.

The intricate details of the locations in GTA games have always been really appealing to me, with individual magazines on the floor being able to be read after zooming in with the camera, graffiti on walls, conversations between other pedestrains etc make the level of detail incredible.

There is so much to do on these games, side missions, kill frenzys, taking the character to the gym, changing outfits, playing computer games in his house, or just spending hours driving round investigating and exploring the vast city of San Andreas, which actually feels like a living, breathing town. The possiblities are almost endless.

Add to this the usual GTA quality of the storyline missions, the fact you can form a gang and take over rival "turf", Samuel L Jackson as a voice over in the game, the usual thieving, car jacking, murders and police shoots outs and to me you have one of the best games ever made.

It is probably a "better" game than Vice City, but to me it was not as much fun. It still beats Pokemon though, although I do not expect many others to share my views, knowing the Poke-Love on these forums!

I don't even know how they can be compared. In San Andreas, I have the freedom to kill, steal cars, bet on horses, complete super fun missions and explore a huge map with three cities and plenty of desert and countryside. The ability to kill is about enough to make me vote for it. And besides that, I think San Andreas is the greatest game of all time so the vote is a no brainer.

Pokémon. Red, Blue and Yellow introduced us to one of the finest franchises in video gaming. Pokémon is known the world over, respected by pretty much everyone and loved by most. It's the kind of franchise that never gets old because there will always be a new generation to step up and play it. San Andreas is quite possibly a very good game, I've no idea, I've never played it. I'm not going to discredit something I've never played. I will however praise Pokémon as it's one of the most addictive games ever and it's replay value is amazing. Voting for Pokémon because it's what I feel is right.

I can't really disagree with anything Naitch has to say about San Andreas, he's got it pretty spot on, I even agree with his assessment of Vice City as the best of the bunch, and that's impart why I voted Pokemon over GTA SA.

GTA:SA is a great game, but I enjoyed vice city more, and even tough I haven't gotten around to playing the most recent GTA, I can only assume that it has VC and SA topped as far as gameplay, storyline, graphics and pretty much everything else that has to do with the series. While GTA:SA was the most in depth of the GTA's that where released on the PS2, it wasn't the best, that honor, as Naitch said, goes to Vice City, as VC revolutionized the GTA series far more that SA did.

With Pokemon R/B/Y you have a game that accessible to everyone and their mothers, literally. The game reaches all generations, all social classes and all ethnicity's, from 8 years olds to 88 year olds, this game has entertainment value for everyone, and it's part of the reason the game has been so successful. Parents have no problems buying their kids Pokemon games, there's no violence, there's no foul language, and yet it manages to captivate the attention of kids and adults alike.

Pokemon R/B/Y started a craze that still lives to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back