Really what is the point of the Anderson/Angle Ladder Match?

I think The Anderson/Angle feud is one of the few bright spots in TNA. Sure wrestling in a ladder match for a key doesn't make sense but it was another opportunity to see these two go at it. I hope their match at Lockdown steals the show. If booked correctly, there will be lots of blood and maybe a surprise spot from Angle...kinda like his moonsault spot in the steel cage match vs Benoit in 2001 on Raw.

Maybe to entertain you? Why can't we just enjoy what turned out to be a very good match without complaining about why they did it? Is the key thing a little silly? Sure. But are you going to tell me you didn't like seeing a ladder match between two of the top wrestlers in the company for free? Why is there a need to complain about that?

Also, why is TNA getting bashed for attempting to get ratings? Isn't that the point? They are putting something entertaining on the screen in hopes that the fans will watch it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Thank you Disarray, this is what I'm trying to tell these idiots. Far be it for TNA to attempt to put on good matches right? I guess they would prefer TNA do exactly what the WWE does and just do the "team up guys that hate each other" angle as opposed to putting on a good match on free tv. Why are they complaining about something that was actually very good?

It's beyond me why a show would attempt to get ratings, It's not like they need them or anything.

Reactions: gd
Thank you Disarray, this is what I'm trying to tell these idiots. Far be it for TNA to attempt to put on good matches right? I guess they would prefer TNA do exactly what the WWE does and just do the "team up guys that hate each other" angle as opposed to putting on a good match on free tv. Why are they complaining about something that was actually very good?

It's beyond me why a show would attempt to get ratings, It's not like they need them or anything.

To bad it was in a gimmick for the sake of gimmick match which ultimately leads to the total devaluation of gimmicks and their rating drawing ability. Which some can argue that the total devaluation has already happened. Not to mention it was even the main event.

To bad it was in a gimmick for the sake of gimmick match which ultimately leads to the total devaluation of gimmicks and their rating drawing ability. Which some can argue that the total devaluation has already happened. Not to mention it was even the main event.

How is it any worse then having an entire PPV dedicated to cage matches?

Are you new to TNA, gimmick matches haven't meant shit in years. Yes, they cleverly had the best segment on at the same time RAW started, crazy business strategy inorite?

Why can't you people just enjoy something good when it comes along?

Who cares if it was a gimmick or done to get ratings? It was a good match, plain and simple. And the Angle/Anderson feud has been one of if not the best feud in wrestling this year. Everyone makes fun of TNA because of their ratings, then when they do something to increase the ratings, they get more shit. Should they just give up and not even try? Again, even the biggest WWE fans should root for TNA to succeed, because legitimate competition will make WWE better. The vaunted "Attitude" era didn't happen in a vaccum, it happened because Vince was on the verge of bankruptcy and he was desperate for success.

Reactions: gd
Tis a privilege to watch good matches now? I'm sorry, here I thought they might want to put on good matches to entertain me at all times, not just when I pay.

Id just refer it not be at the expense of the company's long term health by having in a senseless gimmick.

I have been watching WWE since 1986 and I don't recall this at all. I'm not saying you're wrong, but please give me some examples of this.

As far as Angle vs. Anderson it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. If tonight's winner will actually have an advantage going into the ppv I guess it's ok. I don't really care for it, but it's not too bad. I don't really watch TNA anyway. I just want those WWE examples.

Hard to remember specific matches, but I believe one of the cage matches between Hart & Hennig was preceded by a match where Hennig won the opportunity to use the key. I also believe the same for one of the cage matches between Hart & Lawler as well.

Id just refer it not be at the expense of the company's long term health by having in a senseless gimmick.

No long term health if the company tanks because it fails as hard as it did at last night. And that was with the Ladder match, without it.....I would have been forced to watch RAW.

I had to DVR both shows last night as I was at a bar watching the NCAA finals with some friends, but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Angle/Anderson ladder match last night. It was done at a very nice pace, had some good spots and ulitmately furthered the fued. The only really had 2 major issues with the match. 1.) Why the hell is Kurt Angle taking 15ft ladder to floor bumps with his neck as f'd up as it is. When he took that spill off the ladder onto the ropes then onto the floor, I saw him land and he legit looked like he could of snapped his neck. That leads to the second point. 2) I understand they need to get ratings and gimmick matches like that sell, but do you need to jeopardize the health of arguabley 2 of your best 4 or 5 performers that are involved in the best fued you've had in at least a year, and do all of it on free tv? Like I said I understand why they did it, but it very much reminds me of Hogan/Goldberg on Nitro right before a PPV. That PPV ultimately did very poorly because people had just watched the match on free tv, so there was no need to pay $35-40 for it. If their cage match ends up being better than this match was, and their PPV has a good buyrate then I will happily take back my criticism, but I honestly don't think that it will happen.

as someone said before, it was so Anderson can escape from the cage without climbing over. It just gives an extreme advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back