Something TNA can do at Lockdown to actual "change the landscape".

manmagoonbt

Occasional Pre-Show
There are going to be 2 things at Lockdown that TNA can do to throw a little change in the wrestling landscape and not have the same old stuff always happen.

1.) Mr Anderson won the key to the cage door for his match with Angle. This is a really simple thing they can do. Actually have Anderson win by using the key to get out of the cage door. They actually made a whole main event ladder match about the key, so why not actually prove that winning the match and winning the key is a big deal and truly puts Angle at a disadvantage. Normally when something like this is done, the face still prevails.

2.) The opening match of the PPV is James Storm vs RVD winning team has advantage in Lethal Lockdown. There are 2 things that could be done to have this be effective. You can either for the first time ever let faces have the advantage in the cage and win due to the advantage or if the Heels get the advantage, which they ALWAYS do, have them actually win the match due to all the beat downs leading to the event and the face they were actually a man up the entire match.

What are your thoughts?

Why? Why do they have to change the landscape? They change it enough as it is with ridiculous concepts like the reverse battle royal. I don't think it's necessary at all. If anything, it further complicates things and makes for shitty booking because the storys never actually arc with a smile.

Angle will almost undoubtedly win, as will Team Hogan unless there's plans to involve Bischoff (which I won't rule out) as a means to give control of TNA to Bischoff & Flair which would subsequently lead to a power struggle feud that leads to Bound for Glory.

I dont exaclty think either of those outcomes would change the landscape of wrestling.

If TNA wants to change the landscape of wrestling they need to:

1) Stick to fast-paced, in your face, wrestling. That's what puit TNA on the map on the first place.

2) Continue with the interesting storylines. Orlando Jordan (People might not like it but its got people talking), Beer Money's attacks on RVD and Hardy (Beer bottle to the head and the fireball, which by the way was sweet), The Black Machismo angle, The X-Division takeover by Doug Williams, The Beautiful People's takeover of the Knockout Division, the Sting, Hogan, Flair, and Jarrett angle, and much more.

3) Have the legends promote younger stars. Such as Hogan with Abyss and Jay Lethal, Bischoff and Beer Money, Flair with AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe, The Band and Eric Young, and Tara and the rest of the Knockouts.

4) Continue with character developments. Matt Morgan. Anderson. Lethal. AJ. Abyss. The Pope. Lethal. Desmond. etc.

5) Use your unique matches to your advantage. Enough Said.

TNA has all the right pieces in their favor. They just need to use them.

I for one am enjoying their product opposed to WWE's.

Ps. I live approx. 3 hours away from St Louis and im wondering if the trip and the cost of the ticket is worth the show? Im impressed with the card; however, Im concerned with the undercard. Thoughts?

And why does TNA have to change the landscape even more? Their booking is already (or was previous to last night) unconventional as is and the one thing every damn smark has been complaining about is their lack of old school booking and cohesive storytelling. Low and behold, we now have what looks to be old school booking used to base solid story telling and people want something different.

1.) Mr Anderson won the key to the cage door for his match with Angle. This is a really simple thing they can do. Actually have Anderson win by using the key to get out of the cage door. They actually made a whole main event ladder match about the key, so why not actually prove that winning the match and winning the key is a big deal and truly puts Angle at a disadvantage. Normally when something like this is done, the face still prevails.

Face still looks golden because the heel used a slight advantage, heel gets the win.This isn't new, heels can win legit, it happens, not often, but it does. It wouldn't change anything at all. In fact, I now expect Anderson to win. With Angle leaving after Lockdown, no reason at all why Anderson should not win here.

2.) The opening match of the PPV is James Storm vs RVD winning team has advantage in Lethal Lockdown. There are 2 things that could be done to have this be effective. You can either for the first time ever let faces have the advantage in the cage and win due to the advantage or if the Heels get the advantage, which they ALWAYS do, have them actually win the match due to all the beat downs leading to the event and the face they were actually a man up the entire match.

No...Just no... In a situation like this, when the outcome is so important(kayfabe), the face(s) should always either overcome the odds, or get swerved and lose. They should never lose legit. How do you develop an angle when the bad guys get over clean? Hero seeks revenge for what, losing because he failed. That's not face work, that's tweener fodder. Imagine Vince beating Hart at Wrestlemania, no swerve, Vince just wins. Is that a satisfying conclusion? Nope, not at all. To exaggerated you say? Ok well how about Batista going over Cena, no matches afterward, just that. Good ending for a feud? Nope.

Ps. I live approx. 3 hours away from St Louis and im wondering if the trip and the cost of the ticket is worth the show? Im impressed with the card; however, Im concerned with the undercard. Thoughts?
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=106127

And that was before we even knew the whole card.

Does anyone else see a major turn for someone on the Face team a la Hogan and the NWO?

If Hardy turned heel and joined up with Sting and Flair, that would be a huge move. I don't know that I have ever seen Hardy in a true heel role. He could pair up with Sting or just go heel and feud with Abyss.

If this swerve is going to happen though, I would think Jarrett would be the most likely culprit. Will see...

I think if the PPV ends with Beer Money, Desmond Wolfe, and AJ Styles in a Horsemen type of group with Flair the manager TNA could set them selves up with something special.

Change the landscape? No, it'll just be a different way of ending a ppv with heels winning as apposed to the popular decision of giving face's the win in the final stage of a feud. To change the landscape, they'd need to orchestrate storylines all the way through without overlooking or dropping anything, build characters, and focus on WRESTLING not Hogan. That would change the landscape. Right now, Lockdown holds alot of possibilities to surprise and throw off the fans, but with so many possibilities (heel turn, match outcomes, spots, etc.), it's doubtful TNA managment and the close mindedness it shows, will pick the right one(s). Personally, Team Flair would be my choice tp put over since the utter domination over team Hogan recently taking out each member would make it more believable. If Hogan's guys win after being hit by cars, beaten down, burned, etc. that makes Flair's whole team look like *****es. BTW, someone going should deffinitely make a sign saying "If the ring breaks, we riot!" bc that's just downright disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back