Ribbing In The WWE (Rumours)

Low_Ki

Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
Before I start, I just want to remind everyone that this thread is based on the rumour mill surrounding what happens behind the scenes.

Ribbing in the WWE has been around longer than I care to go into. Reading Mick Foley's books and seeing some of the stories that came out of there had me in fits of laughter. Like when Foley and Steve Austin were sharing a room with DDP and allegedly they placed crumbled cookies in his bed sheets because they knew it would make him mad, or the time Steve Austin and Steve (William) Regal goaded Foley onto a beach only for Foley to realise it was a gay beach.

Lets not forget also the likes of Chris Jericho and the ribs he played, including his alter ego Drunkicho. Reading about these when done in jest, are real slices of great comedy for the average wrestling fan.

Recently I read that allegedly, the reason for the stop in the push of Alex Riley was because John Cena punked him out rib style in front of some other talent and Riley didn't take too kindly to it. Now I know that it is all purely hearsay and it may not have happened at all. But it does go to prove that if you take a rib the wrong way, it may have serious implications on your future in the WWE.

What are your thoughts on ribbing in the WWE?

Can you think of any other funny stories from other wrestlers?

Does Cena have the right to rib other guys to that extent if what is alleged is true?

I love the story that Bret told during his Hall Of Fame speech about Owen. How the wrestlers were in the hotel, Jim Duggan called down stairs from his room. Duggan asked the front desk, "where is the gym?" The front desk guy was new to the job, so he asked Owen. Owen went on the phone and said to Hacksaw, "Why don't you come down here and find it yourself you lazy bastard!!" Hacksaw went saying, "I'm going to kick yourself when i'm going to find out who you are." Owen was like, yeah sure. Hacksaw was coming down stairs, Owen hand the phone back to the Desk guy. The Desk guy, asked Owen what was his name, Owen told the guy that his name is Jim Powers. I guess Hacksaw got into it with Jim Powers that night.

Owen was a funny man, of what I read. Somebody should make a book about Owen's ribbing. I like reading or hearing ribbing stories.

In HBK's book he says something about Andre The Giant completely blanking him and Jannetty when they first introduced themselves after joining the company.

Marty gave up trying after a while but Shawn kept offering his hand to Andre day after day, until one day Andre bought him a beer and said he didn't like Shawn when he first joined, but then thought he was ok, and was just ribbing him by refusing his handshake for a year, to piss HBK off.

A WHOLE YEAR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back