Hazing and Ribbing

With hazing and ribbing likely not being as extreme as it use to be, it may actually hurt the perception fans have with wrestlers. Wrestlers use to be the legit tough guys. The fans saw wrestlers as individuals who sometimes crossed the line and did crazy things in public and private. When you hear of stories of the harsh hazing and ribbing, you're reminded of a time when wrestlers were the legit tough guys. The hazing went along with the territory. Since you're not fighting for real in the ring, you had to do other things to present that image of a tough guy (as well as bar fights, brawls, sleeping around, drugs etc.)

Take JBL for example. His harsh hazing sent a reminder to wrestlers and fans alike that he is a tough guy who can do whatever he wants to people. Booking him as the tough guy isn't always enough to get him over.

To the general public, crapping in a diva's bag is absolutely disgusting and crosses the line. But Randy Orton isn't a politician. It benefits him if you legitimately don't like him. What he does behind the scenes helps blur the lines and gets you thinking the Randy Orton character isn't fake (I know he is face right now but he is still the Viper a badass persona)

I don't think of wrestlers as workers in a company, although that's what WWE wants you to think. I think of them as individuals who may not always be good people. Sometimes a wrestler really is a sob who wants to humiliate others. It makes it that much more interesting when I see this "sob" get defeated.

The fact that guys like Randy Orton and JBL remained unpunished also shows the type of character the 'higher ups' have.

I have listened to ex writers on various podcasts state that Vince McMahon encourages this kind of juvenile behavior. He likes to create a "shark tank" atmosphere in the lockerroom and amongst the writers. He encourages and rewards guys who have a reputation for being a bully. Hence, why guys like JBL and Orton was so successful as well as the Kliq. I'm sure we've all heard how ruthless they were in the lockerroom back in the day....

Let's be honest.

Hazing is as justifiable as rape.

I see hazing a lot where I am, the pieces of shit who exercise it always attempt to justify it because they had to endure it and because it builds "trust". I always react the same way, grab the ring leader by the scruff of his neck and toss him the fuck out (it works).

Unfortunately you have a lot of bi-curious psychopaths in the WWE who in trying to cope with their waning validity enforce their presence by doing things out of hatred and ignorance. Immediately after they revert to their more sensible self so if their act went too far, they can explain it as a misunderstanding.

It's how the greats before them treated them and it's blatant jealousy of more popular younger stars. Instead of doing anything to better their character, they opt to haze instead.

Randy Orton wants every living female to grant him full access to their privates and any denial of this results in his full political wrath. I say fire the sack of shit.

JBL is a closeted homosexual who obtains sexual pleasure from fingering younger male performers. Nothing against homosexuals, but someone please put the wall-street hillbilly out of his misery.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back