Rock Region, Third Round, Dog Collar Match: (4) Andre the Giant vs. (5) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Match?

• Andre the Giant

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match and it is a Dog Collar match. It will take place at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

amway_center.jpg

Rules: The wrestlers will be attached at the neck by a twenty foot chain. Anything goes and the match is won by pinfall or submission.

hqdefault.jpg

#4. Andre the Giant

vs.

Brock-Lesnar.jpg

#5. Brock Lesnar

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.​

Oh man. This is a good one. If there is anyone who I would be most confident against Andre the Giant, it's Brock Lesnar. Andre had years where he was undefeated, and that is a major accomplishment. But...Brock Lesnar. Dominant WWE World Heavyweight Champion, former UFC World Heavyweight Champion, the ONE in TWENTY ONE and ONE....

To make it better, a Dog Collar match? This match would be one of those brutal matches with both men hitting each other viciously with the chain. It also, is one of the few times where Brock would be a legitimate underdog.

Andre is huge, he's strong, and he was a huge draw. But I would say Lesnar is a BIGGER draw in mainstream because of his UFC success.

Andre will dominate much of the match, his sheer size and strength being a clear advantage. But Lesnar will hit that one blow that will stagger Andre, and then use his impressive strength and bring Andre to Suplex City.

Lesnar hits the F-5 and wins the match.

Vote Brock

If history has shown something, you don't want to be trapped close to Brock Lesnar. And this is exactly what this match is doing. However, Andre the Giant isn't your average wrestler. Andre was undefeated for 15 years. Brock however was the man who ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak.

Just imagine Brock Lesnar taking Andre the Giant to Suplex City in 1987! That would be like, one of the biggest moments in pro-wrestling history. Can Brock even take Andre to Suplex City though?

Also people, I wouldn't call Brock Lesnar a bigger draw than Andre. Don't be ridiculous. Everybody knew who Andre was back in the day. His drawing ability was as big as his size. He was definately a bigger draw than 5 Brock Lesnars combined.

I really don't know though. This stipulation is tricky. Under those circumstances, it's all about who's the stronger, hence who will able to pull the other guy close to him. Speed doesn't really matter. Brock obviously wins the ground game, if he's able to get Andre to the ground that is.

So can someone answer me, who is the strongest between Brock and Andre?

So can someone answer me, who is the strongest between Brock and Andre?

Lesnar is very strong but leg strength is key in a dog collar match as it can basically become a tug of war. Andre would wear Lesnar out in this environment. Also, even if Lesnar could throw Andre, would he want to? This is a dog collar match meaning your opponent could choke up on the collar heading in to a German and the weight of the Giant would completely pull down on Lesnar's neck. This completely negates half of this current incarnation of Lesnar's offense.

Vote Andre. The stipulation makes this less of a difficult decision.

Well if there are two guys you would never want to be chained to, these guys take the cake. Jesus.

The chain negates Brock's speed & both are more agile than people give them credit for, but at this close distance agility literally only gets you so far. Both have a mean streak & you never want to be in close quarters when either gets angry. Jesus, this is tough.

I can see Brock taking a huge beating, but is still able to take Andre off his feet in a great show of strength. I assume this version of Andre would be the slimmer & youthful version, not the slow lumbering giant we saw in later years & that means less weight for Brock to move around. His ground game is vicious & we have seen him rain down blows or break some arms when he gets a guy in position & Andre isnt exactly as proficient or effective as Brock is on the ground.

After a long battle & both men taking big damage, we have two giant forces running out of gas. I think Brock tries to break his arm out of desperation & Andre powers out of it, but damage is done. Then he is down an arm, rendering his offense only half as effective. He tries to choke Brock with the chain, but Lesnar slams backwards into the turnbuckle & catches his breath a sec before delivering some shoulders to the corner.

He goes for a big suplex off the turnbuckle, but Andre blocks it. Lesnar smacks Andre with the chain a few times while he is still on the turnbuckle & scoops him on his shoulders for an F-5 to end the match. Even with Lesnar taking a beating & running on fumes, he is still capable of dumping Andre. The more I think of this match, it very well could play out just like this.

Yeah, the stip before it was changed was a submission match, which did favor Lesnar, but a dog collar match? Yeah, no, that gives Andre the advantage. That means that Brock cant run away when he realizes that he's totally out of league here, and Andre isn't having any of his Suplex City nonsense.

Both of these guys are attraction wrestlers, except Andre has about 1,000 times the popularity and name value of Brock. It's true. Don't even fucking try to deny it. Andre was also far more dominant in kayfabe, spending 15 years in a WWE sponsored ring undefeated to Lesnar's 2. And while Brock is used to winning squash matches, Andre was winning squash matches against 3 guys or more at a time.

In actuality I imagine both these guys to possess the same level of raw strength, but tales of Andre's strength have been legendary. Like him flipping over a car with 4 people inside. If we go by WWE kayfabe feats, Andre's strength is preposterous...

[youtube]rJ5Y7TzjaK0[/youtube]

Andre could probably snap Brock like a toothpick. But I'm sure people will rage that because Brock beat Big Show he can beat Andre. :rolleyes:

Yeah, no. Andre wins. More popular, more dominant, didn't need world titles to justify his importance, was a full time star that promoters actually relied on, and he cared about the industry and didn't show up just to earn a paycheck.

Well, I've heard stories of Andre tipping over a car with 5 people in it like it was nothing, so I think he has the strength advantage in this one. And don't be fooled, Andre wouldn't be going to "Suplex City", Brock DEFINITELY wouldn't be throwing around the man who couldn't be slammed for over 20 years. He'd be lucky to get one german in on a prime Andre the Giant.

Sure Andre has never faced anything like Brock, but Brock hasn't really faced anything like Andre either. We've seen people like Seth Rollins, Kane, and Dean Ambrose get the best of Brock in certain situations, and he's been nearly beaten in most of his matches since coming back. 95% of the people Andre faced rarely got any offense in on him, he was the epitome of dominance on a whole other scale than Brock Lesnar.

Brock obviously has the athleticism advantage, but his speed is pretty much neutralized in a Dog Collar match. Andre has the strength and if he gets his hands on Brock, which is highly likely, he'll put a good beating on him. It'd be a hell of a match and Brock would have been one of the biggest tests for Andre, but I think Andre would have ultimately pulled it out.

Here we go with the paycheck argument...

Why exactly is it a negative to want to earn what you are worth? Brock may not wrestle for peanuts due to his love of the business outweighing his need for money, but he still goes out and does his job. He clearly has respect for the business in some way, otherwise he would just shoot every match & legit fight people, thus getting him blackballed for being a shithead. Nothing wrong with wanting to earn what you are worth. He just wants to make sure he gets paid, no matter what he is doing & trust me, there will be a time when that means putting guys over to earn that big check. He wont care about wins or losses then, as long as his account is stacked with zeroes.

This would be a big money match & while I am sure he would take a good sack of cash home to lose, I bet promoters would make tons more by putting him over Andre & billing him as The Giant Slayer for the next round. Andre was undefeated in a way different time & the special attraction thing was easier to go unbeaten travelling across the states. Especially when it was padded with victories over jobbers moreso than big time names. Brock has gone unbeaten in todays era of 50/50 booking & has wins over some of the biggest names in WWE today. Not like he is beating up Heath Slater to pad his streak or anything. The guy handed John Cena his ass for fucks sake. Nobody has ever done what he did to Cena. Brock is legit & can definitely win this.

There are a lot of interesting parallels you can draw up between Andre and Lesnar. Both, for their time periods, were freaks of nature who filled a vital role in the profession that no one came close to staking a claim to. Both were extremely dominant in victory, and incredibly narrow in defeat most of the time. And both drew a lot of money and attention to their product. Make no mistakes about it, these are probably the most dominant and decorated monster heels of all-time, with the exception of perhaps The Undertaker, but it's much harder to generalize Taker than it is Andre and Brock.

The gimmick I feel doesn't necessarily play into anyone's favour; whilst one could make the argument that Lesnar's MMA career often involved far more close combat than a typical wrestling match with regards to kayfabe, Lesnar never officially had an MMA match with someone the size of Andre, and Andre didn't exactly like to keep his distance from his opponents either. So for me, the stipulation is a non-factor.

What seals it for me is that Andre was one of the main components for making wrestling globally influential across pretty much the entirety of the globe. As great as the likes of DiBiase, Piper and Heenan were, it was Andre who presented Hogan with his greatest challenge and helped successfully channel the prime of the most recognised and culturally relevant wrestler on a global scale.

When someone inevitably beats Lesnar decisively, it won't be treated as a huge deal in today's product. Hogan beating Andre decisively helped cement the WWF's hegemony of the wrestling business and wrestling as a global phenomenon.

Vote Andre.

Lesnar went over 'Taker who many call "The Andre of Our Time" at Wrestlemania and ended the Streak. Spin it anyway you want to; "'Taker was old. The Streak wasn't that important. Blah blah blah". Years from now, that moment is going to be looked upon as the greatest and most shocking moment in WWE history.

Can Brock beat Andre in this match? You're damn right he can and he would. Brock has spent years tossing the Big Show around so Andre wouldn't be that much of a step up. Add to that that Brock has a chain that he could use to beat Andre with or possibly choke him out with. Andre could use the chain too, but I think Lesnar would take it to Andre a lot more frequently. Also, the fact that they're chained together doesn't negate Brock's speed and agility that much. Unless the chain is just a few feet long. You guys a seriously under selling Brock here. Nobody in wrestling history has dominated big name stars the way that Brock has been doing and Andre would fall victim as well. Once Andre is off his feet, it's over. Brock would use the chain and submissions to keep the big man down and wear him out until it was time to finish him.

Also, why was stipulation changed from a submission match? Trying to get Brock out of the tournament before the finals this year?

Vote Brock.

Here we go with the paycheck argument...

Where? Who? When did anyone make this argument?

Why exactly is it a negative to want to earn what you are worth?

It's not. Who are you talking to?

Brock may not wrestle for peanuts due to his love of the business outweighing his need for money, but he still goes out and does his job.

So did Andre, what are you getting at?

He clearly has respect for the business in some way, otherwise he would just shoot every match & legit fight people, thus getting him blackballed for being a shithead. Nothing wrong with wanting to earn what you are worth.

How does this help Brock win the match? How does this make Brock better than Andre?

He just wants to make sure he gets paid, no matter what he is doing & trust me, there will be a time when that means putting guys over to earn that big check. He wont care about wins or losses then, as long as his account is stacked with zeroes.

So you're saying this version of Brock is ripe for losses in the near future on top of the losses he has already taken.

This would be a big money match & while I am sure he would take a good sack of cash home to lose, I bet promoters would make tons more by putting him over Andre & billing him as The Giant Slayer for the next round.

That is quite an extrapolation.

Andre was undefeated in a way different time & the special attraction thing was easier to go unbeaten travelling across the states. Especially when it was padded with victories over jobbers moreso than big time names.

Like a broken Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Harper, and now Ambrose.

Brock has gone unbeaten in todays era of 50/50 booking & has wins over some of the biggest names in WWE today.

Did they change the meaning of the word unbeaten? Hasn't he lost to Cena 2x, HHH, Rollins 2x, and UT?

Not like he is beating up Heath Slater to pad his streak or anything.

Just Kofi, Show, Ambrose and Harper.

The guy handed John Cena his ass for fucks sake. Nobody has ever done what he did to Cena. Brock is legit & can definitely win this.

He can but he won't due to the stipulation and Andre's size, speed, drawing ability and legacy. But I'm really excited for the Hall of Fame built in Brock's honor and the annual WM match with his name attached to it. But yes, he can win. Doesn't mean he will or he should.

Lesnar went over 'Taker who many call "The Andre of Our Time" at Wrestlemania and ended the Streak.

Who calls Undertaker "The Andre Of Our Time"? Andre and The Undertaker are two separate entities that are defined by differing attributes. With Andre, it was his dominance, and with Undertaker, it's his longevity at the upper echelon of wrestling. Yes, Andre also had longevity, and Undertaker also had dominance, but they were defined by their primary attribute aforementioned.

Spin it anyway you want to; "'Taker was old. The Streak wasn't that important. Blah blah blah". Years from now, that moment is going to be looked upon as the greatest and most shocking moment in WWE history.

I'd beg to differ. While the Streak being broken was indeed significant and sent tremors across the wrestling industry, it was very much self-contained to the industry, and didn't change much for the company in terms of business. 2 years later, and the WWE is pretty much in the same position it was before the streak ended in terms of the bottom line, which is business.

The greatest moment in WWE history, disregarding the purchase of WCW, was when Hulk Hogan body-slammed Andre in the Pontiac Silverdome in front of 93,173 fans in attendance, with millions watching elsewhere. This forged WWF into a global phenomenon, and helped establish Hulk Hogan as the most culturally relevant wrestler of all-time on a global scale. This made wrestling mainstream not solely in territories or in specific countries like Japan, Britain and Mexico, this was pretty much everywhere.

I know the argument you're going to pull out "But Andre was the one getting slammed." Yes he was. And the fact remains that Hogan was slamming monsters before and after his match with Andre, so why do you think his slam on Andre is such a big deal? Because Andre himself was a big deal. It took the establishment of perhaps the biggest marketing entity in the history of professional wrestling to beat Andre in a decisive match.

I could get behind arguments that other merchandising machines like Austin, Rock and Cena could put down Andre. But Lesnar? He's simply not the man for the job.

Can Brock beat Andre in this match? You're damn right he can and he would. Brock has spent years tossing the Big Show around so Andre wouldn't be that much of a step up.

:lmao:

Lesnar has struggled in the majority of his matches against Big Show. Even in their swift match at the Royal Rumble 2014, it took a sucker punch attack before the match had begun to significantly weaken Big Show, and even then, Big Show was made to look strong by hitting Lesnar with his finisher, with no prior setup. Given that Andre is in every way superior to Big Show, Lesnar would struggle even more than he would against Big Show normally.

Add to that that Brock has a chain that he could use to beat Andre with or possibly choke him out with. Andre could use the chain too, but I think Lesnar would take it to Andre a lot more frequently.

Why would Lesnar use the chain more than Andre? Is it because you're supporting Lesnar and therefore that your support of Lesnar means he'll use the chain more in the match?

Also, the fact that they're chained together doesn't negate Brock's speed and agility that much. Unless the chain is just a few feet long. You guys a seriously under selling Brock here.

But based off your tentative language on the matter, it definitely suggests that you think Lesnar will have an attribute of his hampered. To what degree is uncertain, but it definitely would be to a noticeable degree if the gimmick were to have any weight on the match whatsoever.

Nobody in wrestling history has dominated big name stars the way that Brock has been doing and Andre would fall victim as well.

If we're selling Brock short, you're definitely selling him too high here. There has only been one instance of a decisive Brock domination victory against a big name and that would be against Cena at Summerslam 2015, which was counter-balanced by a very balanced rematch at Night Of Champions and a loss to Cena in Lesnar's return match. An exception does not prove a trend.

Lesnar is amongst the likes of Warrior and Goldberg, which is an extremely prestigious position of dominance, but don't act as if he is in an exclusive tier of dominance all together.

Once Andre is off his feet, it's over. Brock would use the chain and submissions to keep the big man down and wear him out until it was time to finish him.

Now, Lesnar having an MMA background does give him an advantage when it comes to ground-based submission wrestling, I'll give you that. But it's not like Andre is going to be completely helpless while this is happening; if anything, his girth would give Lesnar much more difficulty than an average wrestler, and Andre has already proven to be extremely strong in kayfabe, so powering out of submission holds wouldn't exactly be a miracle for him.

Vote Brock.

The famous phrase goes "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." Andre's fall helped American wrestling reach a golden age. Lesnar's fall will change very little, particularly if someone as controversial as Roman Reigns is the man to decisively beat Lesnar, and by the looks of things, he is by far the most likely candidate out of the current WWE roster.

Andre was a better monster than Brock. It's as simple as that.

I'll take Brock and that's because I dont see this Brock losing to Andre in any high stakes contest. Brock's MO has been slaying giants, breaking streaks and doing the unthinkable.

They might book this where not only the ring but the whole arena implodes on a Superplex spot; if not, its Brock.

The guy handed John Cena his ass for fucks sake. Nobody has ever done what he did to Cena. Brock is legit & can definitely win this.

Yeah, and then Cena handed Brock his ass right back at NOC. That was the whole story. Brock looks unbeatable but he's taken losses, most notably to Taker at Summerslam. An extremely dirty loss. But a loss nonetheless.

Andre, at least in the WWE, didn't suffer dirty losses. He won in dominant fashion every time. Brock is exactly the type of opponent that would be built up to lose to Andre.

Makes sense to vote for the guy that could make a promoter money any day of the week and twice on Sunday over a guy that gets paid 3 million a year to work half a dozen matches. Which is down from his 5 million a year contract he started with in 2012. Wonder why.

If this was Brock against Andre during the Hulkamania era, Andre was in such bad shape then that I could actually see Lesnar winning this. In their primes? Andre was an absolute beast of a man who could print money in matches like this one. Sure, Lesnar would put up a great fight. However, Andre would win a "tug-o-war" like it was routine.

The vote is for the Eighth Wonder of the World, Andre the Giant.

Let's see. Speed and agility: Almost equal but Brock has an edge, though the chain slows both men down. Athletic ability: Brock by a mile. Power and strength: Equal. Popularity/drawing ability: Andre? Not so easy.

The fact that Brock can reach the mystique and reach an almost mythical stature within the world of pro wrestling in this day and age when the business is over-exposed on TV and all media platforms and kayfabe is no longer a thing, almost makes him equal to the Andre of the 70s and 80s.

Andre was the most legendary wrestler to come out of that era. But it was an era where he was literally the only one of that kind, with no competition. No one with that same size, same agility and ring presence. And Pro Wrestling was looked differently back in that day too. Not denying Andre's accomplishments, but one must understand the legend of Andre came alongwith the nature of the times back then.

One thing I can be certain of, if Andre competed in this day and age, he would be a big frickin deal no doubt, but not even close to the mystique he generated in the 80s. He would be just another 'big man'. Whereas if Brock Lesnar of his prime competed in the 70s, an athlete of that kind would take the business by storm and would have been a massive rage. If Hansen, Race and Hogan can bodyslam Andre and record pinfall victories, Brock would suplex and F5 him out of the tournament and move on.

Brock suplexes giants. Brock conquers streaks. Brock wins the top prize in 3 different types of combat sports. Vote Brock.

Yeah, and then Cena handed Brock his ass right back at NOC. That was the whole story. Brock looks unbeatable but he's taken losses, most notably to Taker at Summerslam. An extremely dirty loss. But a loss nonetheless.

Andre, at least in the WWE, didn't suffer dirty losses. He won in dominant fashion every time. Brock is exactly the type of opponent that would be built up to lose to Andre.

What WWF programming did you watch? No dirty losses? The guy had tons of wonky losses by DQ & count out. Dominant fashion every time? While he was dominant, saying every time is revisionist history. Hogan & Warrior both took the guy out. Lesnar is superior in skill to them. Warrior was built as the next big thing & slayed the giant. Just like Brock would be billed here.

Andre was great. He was a big attraction who is important to this business, but he was not unstoppable. He has just about the same amount of losses in his career as Lesnar. Just a handful less in fact. The immovable object can be toppled. He had been slammed before Hogan despite what revisionist history tells you & even the mighty Hulkster had trouble doing it.

If Hulk can use a bodyslam & leg drop to take out Andre, I have no reason to believe Brock could not do the same by tossing him with an F-5. The guy is freakishly strong enough to do it & has the fighting skills to hurt Andre before sealing the deal. It wont be easy, but he has more than enough to get it done.

Andre has walked in & beaten some of the best like they were little weaklings. So has Lesnar. He thrashed the great Cena, smeared the blood of Hulkamania across his chest like war paint & before ending the streak, he had walked into Takers yard at HIAC & beat him there also, just to name a few. Both are legit bad asses here, but one is a giant & the other a giant slayer. My money is on Brock.

Who calls Undertaker "The Andre Of Our Time"? Andre and The Undertaker are two separate entities that are defined by differing attributes. With Andre, it was his dominance, and with Undertaker, it's his longevity at the upper echelon of wrestling. Yes, Andre also had longevity, and Undertaker also had dominance, but they were defined by their primary attribute aforementioned.

JR has said many times that 'Taker has become the Andre of modern wrestling. So has Jim Cornette, Russo, and several others inside the wrestling industry. I'd suggest you do a little research. It won't be hard to find.

I'd beg to differ. While the Streak being broken was indeed significant and sent tremors across the wrestling industry, it was very much self-contained to the industry, and didn't change much for the company in terms of business. 2 years later, and the WWE is pretty much in the same position it was before the streak ended in terms of the bottom line, which is business

The greatest moment in WWE history, disregarding the purchase of WCW, was when Hulk Hogan body-slammed Andre in the Pontiac Silverdome in front of 93,173 fans in attendance, with millions watching elsewhere. This forged WWF into a global phenomenon, and helped establish Hulk Hogan as the most culturally relevant wrestler of all-time on a global scale. This made wrestling mainstream not solely in territories or in specific countries like Japan, Britain and Mexico, this was pretty much everywhere.

I'd argue that the Rock n Wrestling alliance is really what pushed WWE into the Golden Era. You give Andre and Hogan to much credit here. While yes, they were the main draws of WM 3, that gate wouldn't have been anywhere near as big as it was if not for the national exposure that they got from Rock n Wrestling. You're acting as if Hulk slammed Andre and then bam, wrestling ruled the world. Not so much. Hogan was already on MTV, several talk shows, and even Saturday Night Live before WM 3.

Lesnar breaking the Streak has already changed wrestling in the short-term by giving us a near unbeatable monster in Lesnar out of it. There simply hasn't been enough time since that moment to judge how history is going to remember it.

I could get behind arguments that other merchandising machines like Austin, Rock and Cena could put down Andre. But Lesnar? He's simply not the man for the job.

Why isn't he? As has been said, he routinely beats giants. Andre would be no different.

Lesnar has struggled in the majority of his matches against Big Show. Even in their swift match at the Royal Rumble 2014, it took a sucker punch attack before the match had begun to significantly weaken Big Show, and even then, Big Show was made to look strong by hitting Lesnar with his finisher, with no prior setup. Given that Andre is in every way superior to Big Show, Lesnar would struggle even more than he would against Big Show normally.

I wasn't suggesting that Show was as big a deal as Andre. I was suggesting that they were similar in size and build and that if Lesnar could throw Show around, he could do the same to Andre

Why would Lesnar use the chain more than Andre? Is it because you're supporting Lesnar and therefore that your support of Lesnar means he'll use the chain more in the match?

We can only go by what we know and what we've seen. What I know and what I've seen is that Lesnar is a far more vicious monster. More prone to using weapons and such. That's why I think he'd use the chain more. Andre wasn't known for using weapons. He may have before, but it wasn't often.

But based off your tentative language on the matter, it definitely suggests that you think Lesnar will have an attribute of his hampered. To what degree is uncertain, but it definitely would be to a noticeable degree if the gimmick were to have any weight on the match whatsoever.

Oh yes, Lesnar would lose some of his speed and agility, but so would Andre. My argument was that unless the chain was just a few feet in length, which it's not, that the disadvantage the chain provides would be negligible.

If we're selling Brock short, you're definitely selling him too high here. There has only been one instance of a decisive Brock domination victory against a big name and that would be against Cena at Summerslam 2015, which was counter-balanced by a very balanced rematch at Night Of Champions and a loss to Cena in Lesnar's return match. An exception does not prove a trend.

You and I have very different views on what domination is my friend. IMO, Brock dominated 'Taker at Mania, he dominated Cena at Summer Slam, he dominated Rollins, and hell, in his first match back he dominated Cena until a steel chain was used. He broke HHHs and HBKs arms. He dominated Mark Henry.

Now, Lesnar having an MMA background does give him an advantage when it comes to ground-based submission wrestling, I'll give you that. But it's not like Andre is going to be completely helpless while this is happening; if anything, his girth would give Lesnar much more difficulty than an average wrestler, and Andre has already proven to be extremely strong in kayfabe, so powering out of submission holds wouldn't exactly be a miracle for him.

Lesnar has also proven to be extremely strong in Kayfabe and vicious. Breaking people's arms in submissions a few times. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Lesnar could hold Andre in a submission. Especially after wearing the big fella down.

Vote Brock.

Guy
I'd suggest you do a little research.

And then you say this.

We can only go by what we know and what we've seen.

Andre could be brutal as well. I'd suggest you do a little research.

What I know and what I've seen is that Lesnar is a far more vicious monster. More prone to using weapons and such. That's why I think he'd use the chain more. Andre wasn't known for using weapons. He may have before, but it wasn't often.

Anyone can use a weapon. Brock is not a weapons expert. He uses them because he needs to. If Andre needed a weapon he would use it. Show me where Brock is better with weapons than anyone else and you may have an argument.

Brock is not Steve Blackman.

Oh yes, Lesnar would lose some of his speed and agility, but so would Andre. My argument was that unless the chain was just a few feet in length, which it's not, that the disadvantage the chain provides would be negligible.

All Andre has to do is grab the chain when getting thrown and Brock snaps his own neck. It is really simple.

You and I have very different views on what domination is my friend. IMO, Brock dominated 'Taker at Mania, he dominated Cena at Summer Slam, he dominated Rollins, and hell, in his first match back he dominated Cena until a steel chain was used. He broke HHHs and HBKs arms. He dominated Mark Henry.

Great point. Brock did not take much damage from Cena and was knocked out by a steel chain punch. Imagine if he fought with a giant and that giant punched him with a steel chain. His is Brock's legendary soft chin going to hold up?

The other Lesnar marks have asked me to ask you to stop helping the Andre marks.

Before I continue, I should point out that Andre the Giant will always be the greatest pro-wrestler of all time in my heart.

I really think that this one will come down to passion for the business. Neither man has ever truly had their strength tested in the ring, in that neither man has ever shown that a feat of strength would be impossible for them during a match. Speed and agility are kind of a non-factors in this one, but I'm imagining Andre from the late 1970s going up against Brock from 2003. Andre was very agile during his days in Japan and could hang with the most potent athletes of his day.

Andre loved the business, and he hated anyone who was just there for fun. There was a famous incident when The Freebirds were going to debut with the WWF and they were late to the show, Andre waited at the door and when they finally arrived he told them that they were all fired and had to go home. They promptly went home because nobody fucks with the business when Andre is on the card.

In comes Brock Lesnar, a guy who (possibly just part of his gimmick) flaunts himself as a guy who only wrestles because it's an easy way to make money. His main focus is on staying in shape and maintaining his family farm, which are both very noble causes. Prowrestling though, yeah, he was bored and wanted to be famous again for a little while.

Oh look, a match against Andre. In Brock's head he's thinking "Easy day. Suplex, repeat. Go home, screw wife, drink Coors." while in Andre's head he's thinking "This motherfucker is going down." You chain them together, and Andre is going to fight like a demon while Brock's left wondering why he can't intimidate his opponent.

Vote Andre.

Andre wasn't known for using weapons. He may have before, but it wasn't often.

Neither man is known for using weapons, but Andre got pretty mean with a chair on Hogan at WrestleMania 4. Mind you, Hogan hit Andre with the chair first prompting Earl Hebner to disqualify both of them :)confused:). That chair shot pissed Andre off, and he came back with a chair of his own that had the audience screaming in terror for fear that Hogan would get killed.

Let's talk about chains for a second. Brock takes a shot to the head with a chain from John Cena and it's lights out. Andre took on Hogan at Shea Stadium back in 1980 and took three hits to the skull with a chain and it barely took him to a knee, Andre bled a little but he went on to win the match.

Andre has the history of being able to endure getting hit with a chain, he has the desire to win this one for the industry he never stopped loving and he can match every one of Brock's typical advantages. Vote Andre.

JR has said many times that 'Taker has become the Andre of modern wrestling. So has Jim Cornette, Russo, and several others inside the wrestling industry. I'd suggest you do a little research. It won't be hard to find.

These are comparisons based on spectacle and size, which whilst defining attributes, are not the key attributes of either wrestler's career. Undertaker lost far, FAR more than Andre ever did, but Taker maintained a nearly 3 decade position at the top of the most successful wrestling company of all-time. To lump Andre and Taker together is simply unfair because of the vast number of differences between the pair of them. You are using a very vague comparison to justify that if Brock can beat Undertaker, he could beat Andre.

I'd argue that the Rock n Wrestling alliance is really what pushed WWE into the Golden Era. You give Andre and Hogan to much credit here. While yes, they were the main draws of WM 3, that gate wouldn't have been anywhere near as big as it was if not for the national exposure that they got from Rock n Wrestling. You're acting as if Hulk slammed Andre and then bam, wrestling ruled the world. Not so much. Hogan was already on MTV, several talk shows, and even Saturday Night Live before WM 3.

I think you're confusing the beginning of a golden age with the peak of a golden age.

Using the example of classical history, the Macedon Empire did not reach its peak whilst Alexander was being tutored by Aristotle and began his conquests, in the same way that the Rock n Wresting connection didn't immediately peak the WWF in popularity forever more - WWF were still very much on the rise.

WM3 was, unless the exaggerated figures of the modern Wrestlemanias are to be believed, the highest attended Wrestlemania of all-time. The finish to the main event turned Hogan from a highly successful wrestler into a icon recognizable by pretty much everyone in the modern world. Andre's undefeated streak, presence and position was highly instrumental in moving the needle for Hogan to achieve his status today. It's not that Hogan wasn't popular already, but the defeat of Andre helped secure his position as one of, if not the very best in professional wrestling.

Lesnar breaking the Streak has already changed wrestling in the short-term by giving us a near unbeatable monster in Lesnar out of it. There simply hasn't been enough time since that moment to judge how history is going to remember it.

I don't know, 2 years have passed, and very little has changed. Lesnar was always seen as a monster before he conquered the streak, and the conquest certainly gave him extra credibility, but Roman Reigns certainly held his own at WM31, as did Cena at NoC. Going off what we've seen so far, Brock has more credibility in his current WWE run, (which was pretty pathetic to begin with if we're being honest) but it's not drastically changed the wrestling industry, unlike Andre's accomplishments.

I'd also like to point out that the reason people were so surprised at the conclusion of the streak wasn't necessarily that the streak itself ended, but it was Brock Lesnar who broke it. There was a divide between people who thought the streak would end and those who didn't, but nobody expected Brock to break it. That's what the breaking of the streak all the more shocking at the time; because nobody had any faith in Brock to do it because of how laughable his current WWE run had been at that point.

Why isn't he? As has been said, he routinely beats giants. Andre would be no different.

The fact that you lump Andre amongst the likes of Big Show is pretty shameful; Andre was in a class of his own. And I've already explained why The Undertaker and Andre are two very different things.

I wasn't suggesting that Show was as big a deal as Andre. I was suggesting that they were similar in size and build and that if Lesnar could throw Show around, he could do the same to Andre.

And again, I think you're grossly misrepresenting how dominant Brock was in his fights against Big Show. Lesnar had a lot of difficulty putting Big Show away, and while he had the potential to throw Big Show, this didn't happen nearly as much as you'd think. Against a more potent threat like Andre, he'd have much more difficulty in a match against Big Show.

We can only go by what we know and what we've seen. What I know and what I've seen is that Lesnar is a far more vicious monster. More prone to using weapons and such. That's why I think he'd use the chain more. Andre wasn't known for using weapons. He may have before, but it wasn't often.

If there's a chain in front of both men that can legally be used as a weapon, I can guarantee you that both men will use it to their advantage, and just as often as each other when they get the opportunity to do so. Andre wouldn't shy away from using the chain because he didn't use weapons as much as Lesnar.

Except Andre was a slow and methodical wrestler, and this would play into his style, so I cannot see him being hampered close to the same extent as Lesnar. Sure, Lesnar has the MMA training which would definitely be of assistance in close combat, but this is an environment Andre excels in also, and Lesnar has never had a true MMA match with someone the size and the strength of Andre.

You and I have very different views on what domination is my friend. IMO, Brock dominated 'Taker at Mania,

No, the match with The Undertaker was a lot closer than you might think; it was relatively standard, and considering that Undertaker got concussed early into the match both in kayfabe and genuinely, it's pretty embarrassing Brock struggled as much as he did.

he dominated Rollins,

His 1 on 1 fight with Rollins was not a decisive victory, it was a disqualification victory. That's not discounting that he dominated Rollins during it, but still, the fact he couldn't put Seth Rollins away is very telling.

and hell, in his first match back he dominated Cena until a steel chain was used.

It doesn't matter that a steel chain was used by Cena; Brock had every opportunity to use a steel chain himself due to the match stipulation, and he didn't. Just like he'll have the same opportunity as Andre in this match.

He broke HHHs and HBKs arms.

Well good for Lesnar, he snapped the arms of two guys who no longer wrestle full-time; one of which actually managed to take a victory from him at Wrestlemania 29.

He dominated Mark Henry.

:icon_neutral:

Lesnar has also proven to be extremely strong in Kayfabe and vicious. Breaking people's arms in submissions a few times. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Lesnar could hold Andre in a submission. Especially after wearing the big fella down.

Vote Brock.

No one is suggesting that it's outside the realms of possibility that Lesnar could apply a submission hold on Andre. But by looking at Andre's strength, it's very safe to assume that Andre has the capability of powering out of whatever holds Lesnar has in store for him.

Guy

And then you say this.

Andre could be brutal as well. I'd suggest you do a little research.

Anyone can use a weapon. Brock is not a weapons expert. He uses them because he needs to. If Andre needed a weapon he would use it. Show me where Brock is better with weapons than anyone else and you may have an argument.

Brock is not Steve Blackman.

All Andre has to do is grab the chain when getting thrown and Brock snaps his own neck. It is really simple.

Great point. Brock did not take much damage from Cena and was knocked out by a steel chain punch. Imagine if he fought with a giant and that giant punched him with a steel chain. His is Brock's legendary soft chin going to hold up?

The other Lesnar marks have asked me to ask you to stop helping the Andre marks.

I was not suggesting that Andre couldn't be vicious. I was suggesting that Lesnar has a history of being more vicious than Andre was.

So your argument is that Andre is going to use the chain to snap Lesnar's neck. Ok.

Whether Brock is an expert with weapons or not doesn't change the fact that he's been seen using weapons more often and being more vicious than what Andre was seen to do and be.

You're right about the chain and Cena. That was bad booking. Since then, though, Brock has kicked out of finishers, weapon use, got put through a table at the Rumble and still came back to win, etc.

Brock has the strength, viciousness, and skill to go over Andre here. As a matter of fact, this is just the type of match that Lesnar would win. He's chained to Andre so he can't get away and the fans are thinking that he's finally going to get his ass beat, but no. Lesnar shows his dominance and viciousness and pulls out the win. I'm not saying that it would be easy, but Lesnar is going over.

Vote Lesnar.

Neither man is known for using weapons, but Andre got pretty mean with a chair on Hogan at WrestleMania 4. Mind you, Hogan hit Andre with the chair first prompting Earl Hebner to disqualify both of them :)confused:). That chair shot pissed Andre off, and he came back with a chair of his own that had the audience screaming in terror for fear that Hogan would get killed.

Let's talk about chains for a second. Brock takes a shot to the head with a chain from John Cena and it's lights out. Andre took on Hogan at Shea Stadium back in 1980 and took three hits to the skull with a chain and it barely took him to a knee, Andre bled a little but he went on to win the match.

Andre has the history of being able to endure getting hit with a chain, he has the desire to win this one for the industry he never stopped loving and he can match every one of Brock's typical advantages. Vote Andre.

So because Lesnar actually treats the wrestling business as a, get this, BUSINESS; we're supposed to look down on him? So because Andre loved the business more that means that Lesnar is just going to lay down and give up?

Andre is exactly the kind of monster that Lesnar would go over. The fans would be thinking, "Finally, somebody that's going to give Lesnar the beating of his life". Only for Lesnar to topple the big monster.

I keep hearing about how in his day Andre was so over and unbeatable and it's true. That's because in his day size and look were the tools that got people over. I'd be willing to bet that if Lesnar were wrestling back then, he would've been massively over with his size, look, and ability. If Andre was wrestling today, though, would he be as over as he was or would he be booked like all the other big guys now a days? The only thing Andre had that made him stand out was size. If Show had of been first instead of Andre we'd be talking about him instead. Andre couldn't talk, didn't have much charisma, and wasn't that great in the ring. Even in his earlier days, he was still very limited in what he could do.

I think Brock is an athletic freak of nature. He'd wear Andre down and take a beating in the process but the match ends with Lesnar throwing Andre off his shoulders for the F-5. That would shock the fans and that's what would happen.

Vote Lesnar.

This is a match where whoever faces the winner of this match would have an advantage due to these two absolutely beating the ever living hell out of each other.

Andre has the size.

Lesnar has the athleticism.

Star power I'd argue is comparable. Andre was an attraction in his day. Lesnar is a star. He was announcing his resigning with the WWE on ESPN before the WWE had a weekly spot on ESPN. He is a multisport star in this day and age. He brings in the UFC fans who want to see him beat up someone. He was a MAJOR draw for the UFC, and if he said tomorrow he wanted a UFC fight, would STILL be a major draw.

I know Andre was undefeated for almost 2 decades. He didn't have the accolades that Brock has. Lesnar is a 4 time WWE Champion, King of the Ring, Royal Rumble winner and he ended Taker's Wrestlemania streak. Oh and he was IWGP Heavyweight Champion, and never lost the title.

Andre was great. He was massive. But Lesnar is vicious. He's brutal. He's a survivor. He has beaten some of the best in the business from Triple H to John Cena to Taker to Hogan to The Rock. He suplexed Cena, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose a dozen times in their matches. Will Andre be easy to suplex? No. But Brock is more than capable of doing it.

That's why I vote Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back