Rock Region, Third Round, Dog Collar Match: (4) Andre the Giant vs. (5) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Match?

• Andre the Giant

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So because Lesnar actually treats the wrestling business as a, get this, BUSINESS; we're supposed to look down on him? So because Andre loved the business more that means that Lesnar is just going to lay down and give up?

Oh good grief; I'm not telling you to look down on Brock Lesnar and I'm not saying that Brock would want to quit based on a lack of interest in winning.

While beating Andre would be one hell of a feather in someone's cap, Brock has been playing himself on tv like a guy who treats his opponents like they're just petty inconveniences. Laughing at Cena, destroying Hulkamania, showing the same mundane expression when someone mentions The Undertaker's streak. I'm sure that you and Brock would define the pro-wrestling business as just a task-oriented paycheck factory, but someone like Andre lived for it and loved it. Brock would be fighting to gas up his plane, and Andre would be fighting to preserve the art he loves. In this bout I've got to give someone the edge, and Andre gets the edge.

Andre is exactly the kind of monster that Lesnar would go over. The fans would be thinking, "Finally, somebody that's going to give Lesnar the beating of his life". Only for Lesnar to topple the big monster.

I wouldn't go calling Andre a monster, he was more like a sophisticated brute. Lesnar is the kind of asshole that Andre would go over, especially if we're considering Andre when he wrestled like a taller version of Bob Backlund. I think at this point the shoe would be on the other foot with fans expecting Brock to dominate (yet again), only to have Andre prove that he's a tougher person to hold down.

I keep hearing about how in his day Andre was so over and unbeatable and it's true. That's because in his day size and look were the tools that got people over. I'd be willing to bet that if Lesnar were wrestling back then, he would've been massively over with his size, look, and ability. If Andre was wrestling today, though, would he be as over as he was or would he be booked like all the other big guys now a days? The only thing Andre had that made him stand out was size. If Show had of been first instead of Andre we'd be talking about him instead. Andre couldn't talk, didn't have much charisma, and wasn't that great in the ring. Even in his earlier days, he was still very limited in what he could do.

How well do you really know Andre again? I feel like you're not playing with a full deck of cards here.

Andre didn't just wander into a gym one day and win a match after someone bounced off of him. Size most certainly gave him an advantage over everyone else, but he used to do dropkicks off the top rope and sell suplexes. I don't know what would happen if both men switched places, happenstance is a motherfucker.

I think Brock is an athletic freak of nature. He'd wear Andre down and take a beating in the process but the match ends with Lesnar throwing Andre off his shoulders for the F-5. That would shock the fans and that's what would happen.

I think Brock deserves the credit you're giving him, but I think you're also underselling Andre's potential. Few men have beaten Andre, and most of those wins came after Andre was wayyy past his prime. If you were going to beat prime Andre and it wasn't a countout or a dq, then you were going to go on a ten match losing streak against him before he let you pin him.

I promise that if you watch some of Andre's matches in Japan in the late 1970's you'll reconsider if one F-5 could really keep him down. Andre's been hit with all that Chuck Wepner had and just tossed him out of the ring, while Brock went on the UFC's shitlist by losing to Alistair Overeem in two minutes.

Vote Andre.

Phenom, just stop. You really have no clue about Andre. I am voting Brock still, but man. Andre has no charisma? Just because he spoke with a heavy accent does not mean he lacked charisma. Andre could make you hate him, but also charismatic enough to put a smile on your face. He was a special type of guy, one of a kind & back in the day he was massively over due to his charisma, size & the fact he moved so well for a giant.

I still see Lesnar as a force that could win. I just think some people are selling Andre short due to only knowing him as the slow, lumbering giant of his later years.

Don't pay attention to that Brock vote, damn clumsy fingers. Anyways I would take Andre in this match. Brocks a beast but he ain't throwing Andre around like he does Big Show and he's not rolling through Andre like he did with Big Show either. The fact that this is a dog collar match and Brock is rather stifled when it comes to any advantage he may have had seals the deal for me. Brock is strong but Andre is stronger, Brock can take a beating but so can Andre, Brock has stamina but it's not gonna help much when he's getting worn down by a monster like Andre. Brock will do some impressive things no question but I don't think it will be enough to topple the 8th wonder of the world.

I may have voted for Brock but that's because I wasn't paying attention, make no mistake though he would beat Lesnar.

What WWF programming did you watch? No dirty losses? The guy had tons of wonky losses by DQ & count out. Dominant fashion every time? While he was dominant, saying every time is revisionist history. Hogan & Warrior both took the guy out. Lesnar is superior in skill to them. Warrior was built as the next big thing & slayed the giant. Just like Brock would be billed here.

Andre was great. He was a big attraction who is important to this business, but he was not unstoppable. He has just about the same amount of losses in his career as Lesnar. Just a handful less in fact. The immovable object can be toppled. He had been slammed before Hogan despite what revisionist history tells you & even the mighty Hulkster had trouble doing it.

If Hulk can use a bodyslam & leg drop to take out Andre, I have no reason to believe Brock could not do the same by tossing him with an F-5. The guy is freakishly strong enough to do it & has the fighting skills to hurt Andre before sealing the deal. It wont be easy, but he has more than enough to get it done.

Andre has walked in & beaten some of the best like they were little weaklings. So has Lesnar. He thrashed the great Cena, smeared the blood of Hulkamania across his chest like war paint & before ending the streak, he had walked into Takers yard at HIAC & beat him there also, just to name a few. Both are legit bad asses here, but one is a giant & the other a giant slayer. My money is on Brock.

See the problem here, is the Andre you're referring to is one that was FAR past his physical prime. He had to start wearing the iconic black singlet that we all remember... to hide the massive back brace he had to wear. He worked 90% of his matches along the ropes... because he needed them to stand up.

THAT's the Andre that Hogan and Warrior both beat, but that's not the Andre that would be in this tournament. Just like anyone else, you're getting the wrestler in his prime here.

And Prime Andre (70's, early 80's)... was unstoppable. Anyone that got in the ring with him lost. If they didn't lose, it was because non-kayfabe Andre liked them enough to do them a favor. Hell Andre doing someone a favor was simply allowing them to take him off of his feet most of the time... because that's the only way that was happening.

Now let's look at this actual match. The two are tied together at the neck by a chain. Both are going to use that chain liberally. Andre, being both bigger and stronger, is going to have an easier time making full use out of it. And once he gets going with it, Brock's Achilles Heel is going to kick in. He doesn't like to get hit... and in this match, he would get hit harder than he ever has in his life. A man with Andre's size and strength hitting someone with a heavy steel chain would be a lethal weapon.

Brock is going to lose one of his main weapons... because he's not going to be able to use the german suplex on Andre. For one, I don't think he'd be able to get his arms around him. Secondly, without being able to cinch in that grip, he's not going to have the power to fully get Andre up and over. In fact, it would be extremely dangerous for him to try. He'd be as likely to drop Andre on his own face as anything.

The destruction of Brock here would be brutal to watch. The man is my favorite modern day wrestler, and there's other matches where I could make a case for him winning. But not one where he's stuck in tight quarters with a man like Andre... when that man has such a brutal weapon at his disposal.

In a simple sentence, Andre is a great pro-wrestling legend whereas Brock is a dominant pro wrestler.

Yeah Brock breaking Undertaker's streak was a big deal. Still it was one of the dumbest decisions made by WWE. At any level, Brock is nowhere near the level of Andre The Giant.

If you think that Brock defeated Big Show and so he can defeat Andre, Its a joke to think so. Big Show is nowhere near Andre too.

So Andre easily. Brock maybe the Beast but Andre is the Beastslayer.

Andre the Giant had a better career, was more popular than and has had more of a lasting influence on the business than Brock Lesnar. Andre the Giant is truly a legend of the business and I don't think the stipulation particularly derails him here. Andre wins.

Andre the Giant had a better career, was more popular than and has had more of a lasting influence on the business than Brock Lesnar. Andre the Giant is truly a legend of the business and I don't think the stipulation particularly derails him here. Andre wins.

I'd even say the stipulation helps him. No matter Brock's strength, who wants to be chained to a legit 500-pounder? This isn't Big Show's 500 pounds, where he's closer to 460-470. And Andre wasn't just a fat guy who couldn't do anything. He was a mountain of muscle.

Brock may make this match interesting, but he doesn't win it.

Brock wins easily. He tosses big show around like nothing. Andre is not much bigger. Lesnar slams Andre once and he is not getting up. You guys are overrating Andre too much. He never took bumps because it hurt him too much. Brock would cripple him with 1 suplex and Andre would be crying in his french accent to stop the match and demand 4 bottles of wine for the pain.

Andre was a big baby and had no tolerance for pain. It is well documented how much pain he was in just from standing. Vote Lesnar!!!!!

Brock wins easily. He tosses big show around like nothing. Andre is not much bigger. Lesnar slams Andre once and he is not getting up. You guys are overrating Andre too much. He never took bumps because it hurt him too much. Brock would cripple him with 1 suplex and Andre would be crying in his french accent to stop the match and demand 4 bottles of wine for the pain.

Andre was a big baby and had no tolerance for pain. It is well documented how much pain he was in just from standing. Vote Lesnar!!!!!

I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet but this is just stupid. You may not know this but Andre started his wrestling career long before 1986. Maybe Brock would win this match but not because of your moronic reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back