Rock Region, Third Round, Ladder Match: (2) Sting vs. (10) Batista *READ CHANGE*

Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
PLEASE NOTE: I screwed this up at first and had Kevin Nash listed instead of Batista. Completely ignore anything associated with Nash.

This is a third round match and it is a Ladder match. It will take place at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

amway_center.jpg

Rules: There is a briefcase above the ring and the wrestlers must use a ladder to climb up and retrieve it. Anything goes and all weapons are legal.

tumblr_mtj5te9I1l1scllemo1_500.jpg

#2. Sting

vs.

65329ec639batista.jpg

#10. Batista

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.​

Sting gets to fight a big match, this close to his second home? Really?

While I like Nash, and even like his chances in a match like this, I just don't see a way where he could beat Sting in a match where athleticism is rewarded. This is not a "Nash can't climb a ladder" argument. This is me saying that the guy that can perform the bigger spots, and carry the match, is the one that deserves to win.

Pretty sure neither has been in a ladder match, but this should be easy to figure out.

Sting is more athletic than Nash on his best day & all Kevin has going for him is a shorter climb due to his height advantage. That one factor is easily negated when Sting chops down the Big Sexy tree by working over his legs.

End spot is probably a powerbomb off the ladder by Nash, he tries to hobble up the ladder, Sting whacks him in the back of the legs with his bat & puts on the scorpion to punctuate the damage. Then he has plenty of time to climb to victory here.

...and before anyone uses the "Hall runs in with a cattle prod argument" just stop. Nash isnt booking this tournament & am sure Sting would have Luger watching his back against such shenanigans. Besides, that Sting took out the entire NWO many nights all by himself, so he should have no problem against Nash here.

Pretty sure neither has been in a ladder match, but this should be easy to figure out.

Just to show that it's happened.

Sting should definitely win though. Better worker, bigger name, etc. The stip would have to be overwhelmingly in Nash's favor and even if you give him the experience edge, it's not enough.

You guys are seriously selling Nash short here. Honestly speaking, Nash is one of the greatest of all time. He's been over everywhere he's been. Was the longest reigning WWE Champion of the 90s. He ended Goldberg's streak. He's partly responsible for the big boom period/Monday night wars by forming the nWo. Also, he's more mainstream than Sting is too. I think only the Rock has been in more big Hollywood movies than Nash. He was in TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze, Longest Yard, Grandma's Boy, Magic Mike 1 and 2, Rock of Ages, John Wick, the Punisher, and others. Seriously Nash deserves more respect than he gets and he could win this match.

He's not going to though. Sting is the Icon and at his peak with the Crow gimmick, he was the hottest thing in wrestling for awhile. He would routinely beat up the entire nWo week in and week out and that included Nash. Sting was better in the ring and has more accomplishments then Nash. Nash was better on the mic though. Sting wins this one.

Vote Sting.

I'll take Sting. Both men had a great run at the top but Sting had 2. And Batista at best was the second face behind Cena. Surfer Sting was the man for WCW for quite a few years before business went south.

Well, should we all just wait a few days till these matches are fixed or what?

Still going with Sting here I think. As great as Batista was, Sting is better in every way.

Yeah the gap between Batista and Sting is quite a bit smaller than the gap between Nash and Sting, but not significant enough to make a real difference in my opinion. It's a match that I had no idea I really wanted to see though.

Sting wins this match damn easily.

Batista was a good wrestler but Sting is a wrestling legend.

Sting outsmarts Batista in every matter i.e In-ring skill and other skills too. Accolades of Sting are enough to go over Batista in this round easily.

Sting as says the poll too.

Jeez, 37-4.

As it should be though. Whichever way you look at it, Sting was on a whole other level than Batista. Ladder match works in his favor here as well.

I think there's a very good chance that Sting wins this whole thing.

I think Batista has been quite criminally undersold by the posts in this thread, however he has never reached the levels of popularity as Sting, and never really had the longevity, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back