Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

ironmanvmegaman.png

Tony Stark is a genius. What else can you call a man who invented something like the Iron Man suit? Iron Man has repulsor beams, missiles, and just about every feature one could want in their robo-armor, including flight. However, Mega Man was invented by a genius, a genius known as Dr. Thomas Light. Mega Man comes equipped with the powers taken from his Robot Master enemies, and is a fairly resilient little robot. Lightning blasts, fireballs, scissor-shaped projectiles with deadly accuracy and more all reside within the Blue Bomber's considerable inventory. Which metal man can make it to the next round? Whose arsenal is superior? Red and yellow or blue and light blue?

FIGHT!

I'll give the edge to Stark because he can basically create an army of Iron Men to take on Mega Man in any environment, and have the intellect to operate them all to War Machine capability. Mega won't even know which one he's in.

Oh come on, Mega Man can outmatch Iron Man, surely. Have you forgotten that he makes his living beating up far worse foes than Stark's robot suit? Whether it be The Yellow Devil, robots that can stop time, or even Wily's death machine, Mega Man has conquered them all. But he's done more than that...

He's absorbed their powers.

Mega Man has tons, tons, tons of weapons at his disposal thanks to the abilities he's learned from the Robot Masters over the years. He can slow down time. He can shoot a lightning bolt that could electrocute Stark. He could send out sharp projectiles to cut vital wires in the suit. He's also super strong thanks to increased joint strength, allowing him to rip a chunk out of the ground and hurl it at Iron Man with ease. Hell, he could freeze Iron Man in place, walk over to him, grab him by the leg, and bash him all around.

Mega Man is one of the most versatile fighters in the tournament. Don't let his boyish looks fool you, he's every bit the equal of Stark's robotics genius, considering he was built by a comparable robotics genius himself.

Oh come on, Mega Man can outmatch Iron Man, surely. Have you forgotten that he makes his living beating up far worse foes than Stark's robot suit? Whether it be The Yellow Devil, robots that can stop time, or even Wily's death machine, Mega Man has conquered them all. But he's done more than that...

He's absorbed their powers.

Mega Man has tons, tons, tons of weapons at his disposal thanks to the abilities he's learned from the Robot Masters over the years. He can slow down time. He can shoot a lightning bolt that could electrocute Stark. He could send out sharp projectiles to cut vital wires in the suit. He's also super strong thanks to increased joint strength, allowing him to rip a chunk out of the ground and hurl it at Iron Man with ease. Hell, he could freeze Iron Man in place, walk over to him, grab him by the leg, and bash him all around.

Mega Man is one of the most versatile fighters in the tournament. Don't let his boyish looks fool you, he's every bit the equal of Stark's robotics genius, considering he was built by a comparable robotics genius himself.

All very well, but how does he fare against an army of Iron Men, many with specific skill sets. Tony has basically a suit for every circumstance and he doesn't even have to turn up for the fight, he can just send them to do his bidding while he stays home and plays chess with Jarvis. Mega Man would basically be a soldier against an army, even Custer had better odds than that.

All very well, but how does he fare against an army of Iron Men, many with specific skill sets. Tony has basically a suit for every circumstance and he doesn't even have to turn up for the fight, he can just send them to do his bidding while he stays home and plays chess with Jarvis. Mega Man would basically be a soldier against an army, even Custer had better odds than that.

Nope, this is a one-on-one match. You say Iron Man has a suit for every occasion? Well, he's going to have to pick one for this fight, and even if the suit is remotely controlled, if it goes down, Mega's taking the W.

Mega Man has a suit for every occasion as well, but the difference between him and Iron Man is that Mega Man can whip out any of these "suits" at will. Electricity. Fire. Ice. Blades. Time. All of this and more is under Mega's command due to his array of weapons he's copied from the robot masters.

Why don't we have a look at them now?

Megamanmasters.jpg

This isn't even the full list! All of these powers belong to Mega Man, allowing him to stop time, to shoot lightning out of his gun, to create buzzsaws tough enough to pierce legions of robots, to create slick oil surfaces on the ground which he can set fire to, and much, much, much more.

Iron Man may have a suit for every occasion, but so does Mega Man, and he has them all in one.

Nope, this is a one-on-one match. You say Iron Man has a suit for every occasion? Well, he's going to have to pick one for this fight, and even if the suit is remotely controlled, if it goes down, Mega's taking the W.

Hold on, why is he not allowed to use as many suits as he wishes? This is not the same as calling in the Avengers, he has to split his thoughts to operate each unit which can be regarded as the downside to the tactic. He isn't calling in assistance, he is just using the full capabilities of his prowess (his incredible intelligence). This is still a one on one match no matter how many Iron Man units are deployed.

Iron Man. He deserves the victory here so much. He is of equal ability as Mega Man however the one major difference is he by far more intellectually superior. I think his intellect will be able to guide him through this battle and ultimately give him some way to win this battle. I recognize Mega Man is as skilled, but Stark's ever processing mind will be enough to win this battle. I think Mega Man will ultimately make a fatal mistake which Stark will not only recognize but exploit to no end. But I will say it's close.

Hold on, why is he not allowed to use as many suits as he wishes? This is not the same as calling in the Avengers, he has to split his thoughts to operate each unit which can be regarded as the downside to the tactic. He isn't calling in assistance, he is just using the full capabilities of his prowess (his incredible intelligence). This is still a one on one match no matter how many Iron Man units are deployed.
Wait, is Stark psychic now? When has he been able to "split his thoughts" and control a bazillion Iron Man suits? Gonna need source on that, because that just sounds...wrong.

Also, Mega Man has faced down tons of enemies at one time before. It's kind of the whole deal with him going through levels, taking on the robot menace.
Iron Man. He deserves the victory here so much. He is of equal ability as Mega Man however the one major difference is he by far more intellectually superior. I think his intellect will be able to guide him through this battle and ultimately give him some way to win this battle. I recognize Mega Man is as skilled, but Stark's ever processing mind will be enough to win this battle. I think Mega Man will ultimately make a fatal mistake which Stark will not only recognize but exploit to no end. But I will say it's close.

Mega Man was built by a genius comparable if not superior to Stark. Xavier Light is the top robotics expert in the world and created Mega Man using revolutionary technology he invented. Mega Man has the powers of over 76 robots and can block, parry, and defeat any attack Stark throws at him.

People are SERIOUSLY underestimating Mega and overestimating Iron Man here. They're really evenly matched, and Stark has the disadvantage of being human.

Iron Man. He deserves the victory here so much. He is of equal ability as Mega Man however the one major difference is he by far more intellectually superior.

Anyone who thinks something can be more superior has no right to be talking about the intelligence of these characters.

I think his intellect will be able to guide him through this battle and ultimately give him some way to win this battle. I recognize Mega Man is as skilled, but Stark's ever processing mind will be enough to win this battle.

So you're saying that Stark's brain is better at processing large volumes of information than a guy who quite literally has a computer in his head? I have some beachside property in Mongolia that I think you'd be interested in. Megaman has a mode for anything Ironman can throw at him, and that versatility will see him through here.

I think Mega Man will ultimately make a fatal mistake which Stark will not only recognize but exploit to no end. But I will say it's close.

Megaman is a robot, Ironman is a human. Humans are more liable to make mistakes than robots. Especially when the human in question is an alcoholic facing someone who can exploit the weakness of any suit he chooses to wear.

Anyone who thinks something can be more superior has no right to be talking about the intelligence of these characters.

I see nothing wrong saying more superior. They are both quite awesome fighters who are superior to I think anyone in the human bracket so saying more superior is still correct.

So you're saying that Stark's brain is better at processing large volumes of information than a guy who quite literally has a computer in his head? I have some beachside property in Mongolia that I think you'd be interested in. Megaman has a mode for anything Ironman can throw at him, and that versatility will see him through here.

Might I ask has your computer ever crashed? Or all of a sudden computers are perfect right? Stark who works with technology could end up shutting off Mega Man. And how much is that beacside property?:shrug:

Megaman is a robot, Ironman is a human. Humans are more liable to make mistakes than robots. Especially when the human in question is an alcoholic facing someone who can exploit the weakness of any suit he chooses to wear.

This is where there is no clear answer. Robots have no emotions which could make them more prone to getting blown to bits.

How many units are we talking about? 1000, or 10? Tony Stark is only human, no matter how intelligent he is. There's no way he could spilt his brain power between hundreds and hundreds of suits, unless they moved on their own. And if they moved on their own then it wouldn't be a one on one match.

I haven't decided who I want to vote for yet, so I'm up for persuassion.

This is where there is no clear answer. Robots have no emotions which could make them more prone to getting blown to bits.

Don't be silly. Mega Man has emotions. That's what makes him different from other robots. He's more than just a tool, he's someone who can learn and live. It's been a plot point in every single damn game since the first. And furthermore, your point makes no sense! How would not having emotions make a robot more prone to getting blown up? If anything, a human would be more worried about death than a robot, as robots can just be rebuilt. There's no rebuilding a human.

For Stark to shut off Mega Man he'd need to go back to being Stark, because that's some delicate work that the clunky Iron Man hands wouldn't be able to handle. It's not like Mega has a big red button on his back screaming "PRESS ME". And if Stark's out of the suit, he's more vulnerable than ever. Mega Man could encase him in a block of ice, or a lead bubble, or tie him up, or kill him, thus winning the fight.

Also, what Remix was saying is that "more superior" is grammatically incorrect. Superior already means "better than", so if something is "more superior", it's "more better than". And that's just silly.

I see nothing wrong saying more superior. They are both quite awesome fighters who are superior to I think anyone in the human bracket so saying more superior is still correct.

Superior means better. More superior means more better. That's just shit grammar.

Might I ask has your computer ever crashed? Or all of a sudden computers are perfect right? Stark who works with technology could end up shutting off Mega Man. And how much is that beacside property?:shrug:

Yes, computers which can process information and react much faster than a human are obviously far worse. Which is why the human brain is used to collate the results from the Large Hadron Collider rather than computers... oh wait.

You realise that Stark has all of the problems of both man and machine, right? Seeing as all the electrical stuff in his armour would require a hell of a lot of circuitry to make it work.

Being unemotional means that a robot is less likely to take courses of actions that will result in itgetting blown to bits by enemies. If anyone's getting blown to bits in this battle, it's Ironman.

How many units are we talking about? 1000, or 10? Tony Stark is only human, no matter how intelligent he is. There's no way he could spilt his brain power between hundreds and hundreds of suits, unless they moved on their own. And if they moved on their own then it wouldn't be a one on one match.

I haven't decided who I want to vote for yet, so I'm up for persuassion.

Stark's mind was a super computer to a level at one stage that he had to wipe it to prevent Norman Osborn using it's contents. As such he could operate as many Iron Man units as he saw fit. After being injected with the Extremis virus he also gained the ability to link to virtually any computer on Earth. Mega Man needs to hope he's immune to this otherwise this will be an incredibly short battle.

Stark's mind was a super computer to a level at one stage that he had to wipe it to prevent Norman Osborn using it's contents. As such he could operate as many Iron Man units as he saw fit. After being injected with the Extremis virus he also gained the ability to link to virtually any computer on Earth. Mega Man needs to hope he's immune to this otherwise this will be an incredibly short battle.

Could he operate a 1000? If he could effectly operate a 1000 suits then I'd be very tempted to give the vote to Iron Man.

Megaman has tons of great and useful powers, but even he couldn't fight an army on his own.

Rockman .EXE probably could :p

Don't be silly. Mega Man has emotions. That's what makes him different from other robots. He's more than just a tool, he's someone who can learn and live. It's been a plot point in every single damn game since the first. And furthermore, your point makes no sense! How would not having emotions make a robot more prone to getting blown up? If anything, a human would be more worried about death than a robot, as robots can just be rebuilt. There's no rebuilding a human.

For Stark to shut off Mega Man he'd need to go back to being Stark, because that's some delicate work that the clunky Iron Man hands wouldn't be able to handle. It's not like Mega has a big red button on his back screaming "PRESS ME". And if Stark's out of the suit, he's more vulnerable than ever. Mega Man could encase him in a block of ice, or a lead bubble, or tie him up, or kill him, thus winning the fight.

Honestly I'm learning stuff about Mega Man which is good because it is opening my eyes a bit. I have come to realize that Mega Man is much more powerful then he seems which I never knew. However my gut still says that Iron Man would take this because I feel he would have something up his sleeve. He seems like the type of guy who would have something to get him out of this tight situation.

However, if it makes you feel better you and Kotre have made me realize Mega man is one tough robot.

Could he operate a 1000? If he could effectly operate a 1000 suits then I'd be very tempted to give the vote to Iron Man.

Megaman has tons of great and useful powers, but even he couldn't fight an army on his own.

Rockman .EXE probably could :p

Ha.

I have to disagree with your sentiment that Mega Man couldn't fight an army on his own. you see, in his wide array of powers he has two in particular that would be perfect in this situation: The powers taken from Time Man and Flash Man. Both of these powers temporarily stop time for everyone but the Blue Bomber himself. With time stopped he could equip his Metal Blade and send buzzsaws ripping through the Iron Man suits. Of course, the question would be whether the ammunition for the two time-stopping weapons would run out or not, but with a bit of clever strategy I'm sure Mega would be able to cut the army down to a more manageable size before fighting in normal time with his variety of other weapons.

Plus, the whole setting of the games is Mega Man going through levels taking out an army of rogue robots. Regularly Wily's castle contains rooms with tons of them. He's fought robot armies before - and he's won every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back