• Sub-Zero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round 2

sub-zero-vs-professorx.png

Both Sub-Zero and Professor X had fairly easy wins against Earthworm Jim and Dhaslim respectively, but they should have a harder time against each other in this round. Does the Frozen Fighter prevail, or the Mental Master?

FIGHT!

The speed and power of the mind defeats physical and magical prowess. Zero is asleep before he realises the battle as afoot and Charles moves serenely on.

The speed and power of the mind defeats physical and magical prowess. Zero is asleep before he realises the battle as afoot and Charles moves serenely on.

Dont count Sub out so quick. The master of Ice has faced many physics in his past and bulldozeder thru them. All Prof X know is Sub - Zero's name. He does not know of his might his iceman like ability or his twisted past. Once Xavier tries to read his mind he will see the sick and twistedness off the MK universe and trust me it will be a matter of seconds before he gets frozen into a little wheelchair Popsicle.

Sub - Zero WINS FATALITY!

This one is rather tough to answer for you have a pyshic who can't move around and a twisted psychologically fucked up mind as in Sub Zero. I Think I am going to give this one to Sub Zero for a few reasons. 1, if Professor X tried to read Zero's mind he would probally start to see all of his dark and tainted past and it would cause him to jump out his mind. This would effect Zero for the time that X is reading his mind and he would not be able to move from the pressure in his mind. Once X is ridin of the horrible torture that Zero has been through this will give Zero the time he needs. As for when X tries to re enter Zeros mind Zero will take that second as the last of his life and Professor X will end up in a FATALITY!!!!

Winner due to sick and tainted mind Sub Zero.

Prof X is a frail human and is also a tactical master. Short of looking across at Stephen Hawking, he'll be attempting instant incapacitating. He won't be attempting to read the disk, just wiping it. In a battle of speed, Charles' mind is much quicker than any attack Zero can manage.

Prof X is a frail human and is also a tactical master. Short of looking across at Stephen Hawking, he'll be attempting instant incapacitating. He won't be attempting to read the disk, just wiping it. In a battle of speed, Charles' mind is much quicker than any attack Zero can manage.

Wrong. Sub Zero's ice ball is the 4th fastest projectile in mortal kombat I have timed it to 1 second. Once Xaiver is frozen its over. He is incapacitated and if he sees fit he would take the kori blade and chop his head off.

Wrong. Sub Zero's ice ball is the 4th fastest projectile in mortal kombat I have timed it to 1 second. Once Xaiver is frozen its over. He is incapacitated and if he sees fit he would take the kori blade and chop his head off.

I can think 'sleep' much quicker than one second (and I ain't an Omega level mutant whose greatest weapon is his brain) and, just for arguments sake, being frozen wouldn't stop Xavier's brain - he has to be unconscious or dead.

I can think 'sleep' much quicker than one second (and I ain't an Omega level mutant whose greatest weapon is his brain) and, just for arguments sake, being frozen wouldn't stop Xavier's brain - he has to be unconscious or dead.

The time for a Freeze then chop of head is under 3 seconds. As we have stated Sub - Zero has dealt with psychics and have deflected their powers Xavier would never have enough time to shut down his mind. All he knows is Sub - Zero's name. Xavier will fall victim the frozen warrior.

The time for a Freeze then chop of head is under 3 seconds. As we have stated Sub - Zero has dealt with psychics and have deflected their powers Xavier would never have enough time to shut down his mind. All he knows is Sub - Zero's name. Xavier will fall victim the frozen warrior.

Why does MK's own official site not list the ability to avoid psychic attacks? Proof please, because you're right - if he cannot access Zero's brain he's toast but if he can (and remember the extent of Xavier's prowess), Subby is outta there!

Which Sub-Zero are we talking about here? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but it does affect my vote and my argument.

Otherwise, keep in mind that we can't just make up that people will act out of character just for the sake of the tourney. Xavier specifically has been in many "you've been picked up out of your world and taken away to combat others for a prize, etc.." situations before, and never has he reacted by going to auto-mind wipe mode. He CAN do it if he feels it's warranted or justified, but he WON'T do it just on instinct or without feeling that his target is worthy of such tactics.

My vote is split at the moment until I get some answers.

As with many of these contest, it all comes down to the first attack. To my knowledge, Xavier has never shown any proficiency with telekinesis so he has to prevent that first attack from taking place.

Sub-Zero on the other hand has to land that first shot otherwise he is a goner for I firmly believe that Xavier can deal with whatever "sick and twisted" nature Sub-Zero is hiding. I mean he has psychically tangled with beings of almost god-like proportions.

And I firmly believe that Xavier's mind is quicker than Sub-Zero's magic and in a "first strike wins" contest like this, that is all that matters

DirtyJosé;3396409 said:
Otherwise, keep in mind that we can't just make up that people will act out of character just for the sake of the tourney. Xavier specifically has been in many "you've been picked up out of your world and taken away to combat others for a prize, etc.." situations before, and never has he reacted by going to auto-mind wipe mode. He CAN do it if he feels it's warranted or justified, but he WON'T do it just on instinct or without feeling that his target is worthy of such tactics.

I don't believe he'd wipe Sub Zero's mind, just knock him out instantly (which won't have any lingering effects). Charles will realise that he is incredibly unlikely to come up with a foe who doesn't have him overpowered and knowing people like Iron Man who can launch a near instantaneous attack will have him prepped to attempt this tactic with every opponent (especially when he has no knowledge of their abilities). He will only fail when he comes up against someone with strong mental defences because he has no fall back. I am yet to see any documentation of Zero possessing mental blocking ability, so he'll be dreaming of snow maidens before he even realised battle has commenced and sleeping = incapacitation.

DirtyJosé;3396409 said:
Which Sub-Zero are we talking about here? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but it does affect my vote and my argument.

My vote is split at the moment until I get some answers.

It would be the lil brother Kiu Ling I think.... He is the more advanced super fighter who mastered the art and the cryomancers style of ice and power. Xaiver will not beat Sub - Zero for he is faster. I have timed it. This match ends in 1 second. Sub - Zero or X could take it. I think X will freeze him thus incataiting him thus winning. If he needs to X's head will be ripped out of his body with his spine and it will be finished.

Sub - Zero > X

Sub's dragon Medallion enhances his powers to what I would call the equivalent of an Omni Mutant or whatever someone called them earlier. His ice nugget attack has a 100% hit rate and I do believe cold shoulder is one of the fastest attacks in the game. What about his freezing teleport in the Mk vs dc. I know it's Dc, but still all of his attacks to date should be used. X can't fix onto Sub-zero if he can't find him. His tele attack will leave him behind X and he will rip his fucking spine out. Fatality

Sub's dragon Medallion enhances his powers to what I would call the equivalent of an Omni Mutant or whatever someone called them earlier. His ice nugget attack has a 100% hit rate and I do believe cold shoulder is one of the fastest attacks in the game. What about his freezing teleport in the Mk vs dc. I know it's Dc, but still all of his attacks to date should be used. X can't fix onto Sub-zero if he can't find him. His tele attack will leave him behind X and he will rip his fucking spine out. Fatality

I believe that MK vs. DC isn't canon. Even so, Professor X doesn't need to be looking at his opponent to get into his head.

Professor X will be gentle with Sub-Zero's mind, but he's not going to let Sub-Zero do anything to hurt him. He'll get in his mind and make him fall asleep. If that's not incapacitation enough, Xavier can go Leo on Icy's ass and incept him with the idea that he wants to forfeit to Professor X.

Professor X walks... er... wheels away from this one the victor.

I believe that MK vs. DC isn't canon. Even so, Professor X doesn't need to be looking at his opponent to get into his head.

Professor X will be gentle with Sub-Zero's mind, but he's not going to let Sub-Zero do anything to hurt him. He'll get in his mind and make him fall asleep. If that's not incapacitation enough, Xavier can go Leo on Icy's ass and incept him with the idea that he wants to forfeit to Professor X.

Professor X walks... er... wheels away from this one the victor.

He wont be quick enough. Like I said as soon as thematch starts he freezez X then finishs him in 4 or 5 seconds... It will almost be in a blink of a eye. All he knows is to fight and kill and that is what he will do. Xaiver will not be fast enough with his mind. The MK Warrior will win.

VOTE SUB - ZERO!!!

He wont be quick enough. Like I said as soon as thematch starts he freezez X then finishs him in 4 or 5 seconds... It will almost be in a blink of a eye. All he knows is to fight and kill and that is what he will do. Xaiver will not be fast enough with his mind. The MK Warrior will win.

It will almost be a blink of an eye... but Professor X WILL do it in the blink of an eye. Don't forget, Professor X is one of the most powerful psychics in the universe and can do things like freeze time (look at that, something Sub-Zero CAN'T freeze). While he won't freeze time in this bout, you can be sure he'll psychically attack Sub-Zero in not a matter of seconds, but a matter of milliseconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back