• Professor X

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round 3

vadervsx.png

Another battle of good vs. evil as the Dr. King of the mutant world, Professor X, takes on the Napoleon of a galaxy far far away, Darth Vader. Does Professor X's psychic abilities have what it takes to overcome Vader's force, or does the dark apprentice slay the good professor?

FIGHT!

Whilst I would doubt Lord Vader's mental ability to even be in the ball park of Prof X's, I'd have to believe it is sufficient to let him get an attack on Charles and, unfortunately, given his frail mortal form that would be sufficient for Darth. The former Anakin Skywalker proceeds into the semis.

Sorry Skywalker, you might be the chosen one, but Professor X will make you live the rest of your life under the assumption that you're a 13 year old girl. He'll even have Gene braid your hair... Your charred off, metal...hair...

You have to be a Darth Vader fan, because he's Darth Vader. One of the greatest villains, if not the greatest villain to ever come along. But he's just unmatched in ability. The Force is nothing to shake your head at, but given all that X can do I just don't see Vader walking away with this.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3404470 said:
Sorry Skywalker, you might be the chosen one, but Professor X will make you live the rest of your life under the assumption that you're a 13 year old girl. He'll even have Gene braid your hair... Your charred off, metal...hair...

You have to be a Darth Vader fan, because he's Darth Vader. One of the greatest villains, if not the greatest villain to ever come along. But he's just unmatched in ability. The Force is nothing to shake your head at, but given all that X can do I just don't see Vader walking away with this.

Whilst I would love to agree with you (because Marvel is much closer to my heart than George Lucas' opus), the fact that Jedis possess mind control capabilities and can block attempts from each other force me to believe that Darth can avoid the Prof's mind control just long enough to lob off his head.

I think Professor X's lack of mobility is what will hurt him here the most. He has the mind reading and controlling powers but that's nothing Darth Vader hasn't encountered before and mastered himself. While I'm sure X's mind powers are more powerful than what Vader's encountered; Vader only needs to block the mind attacks for enough time to slice X's head off with his saber or hit him with some Force Lightning, which shouldn't be hard to do considering X can't really move fast.

So you have the second in command of the Sith up against the best telepath in the world?

For all intents and purposes, Darth has shown NOTHING regarding mind control. At best, he could just read your thoughts and basic controls (these aren't the droids you're looking for). This ain't Harry Potter with Occlumency and stuff. Behold Charles "James Mcavoy" Xavier's powers.

Telepathy: able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a radius of 250 miles (on Earth). With extreme effort he can greatly extend that radius. When synched with Cerebro, he can connect to every mind on a planet. Whether or not this also relates to all sentient lifeforms or specifically with Humans and Mutants is not known. After he was thrown into the M'Kraan Crystal, it not only restored his mutation, but made his telepathy more powerful than it has been previously, thereby making him the world's most powerful telepath once again.

Telepathic Illusion: ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
Telepathic Cloak: can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
Psi Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around him quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
Mind Blast: ability to place large amounts of information in another's mind.
Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration. This power can allow him to completely shut down several people's minds, making it appear as if time has stopped.
Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as his own.
Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people.
Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of other minds.
Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane.
Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies if his own physical body could be somehow killed.
Absorb Information: ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference.

Oh, and he's walking again. Which implies that he would be in shape once more as well as being capable of doing his military training, knowing Chi and shit.

Compare the two and tell me which is better. Vote for Charles Xavier.

The main points are that ALL of Professor X's abilities rely on him getting inside the mind of Vader. The strong emotions that are swirling around in Vader's psyche will both help and hinder Professor X. In the early stages, along with the mental training a Jedi/Sith has, these will prevent Xavier from punching through immediately, although once he does, the Professor could do great damage. However, that help will come too late.

Vader on the other hand, does not need skills in controlling the mind of his opponent; all he needs are sufficient mental abilities to sense that Xavier is powerful and then adequate defences to resist Xavier long enough to throw his light sabre at the immobile Professor and I think this is where this battle is won.

Xavier has no telekinetic skills in order to deflect any attack from the Dark Lord and once he is unsuccessful with his immediate mental attack, Vader takes the victory.

In short, Vader has two advantages here: legs and lightsabers.

X isn't much physically and we can assume that X and Vader's powers offset each other. Vader is also a master with a lightsaber and would have that as the long advantage. You don't become a Sith master by not being able to win a few fights. X may have mental powers, but if you're being strangled from across the room, those mental abilities probably aren't going to do you much good.

In short, Vader has two advantages here: legs and lightsabers.

X isn't much physically and we can assume that X and Vader's powers offset each other. Vader is also a master with a lightsaber and would have that as the long advantage. You don't become a Sith master by not being able to win a few fights. X may have mental powers, but if you're being strangled from across the room, those mental abilities probably aren't going to do you much good.

I suppose this is yet another test of who is off the mark first. X only needs a second, and if Vader is focusing on attacking, X has the time he needs to get in Vaders head, and the second he does, game over.

Vader has a choice at the beginning; he has to either begin by blocking Prof. X's inevitable psychic attack, or attacking himself; force choke or lighsabre would probably be the two obvious ones. I think Vader has to begin with expecting X's attack.

Its a really hard one, and I think Vader would be the obvious choice, but I could see Professor X winning this the second it begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back