• Scenario Two

• Neither Both Suck

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. Somoa Joe's debut at the RR with the #2 entry
2. Balor club staring across the ring against the Wyatts
3. AJ styles winning the RR
4. League of Nations staring across the ring against the Wyatts
5. Brock pulls the #2 entry into the RR
6. Dean Ambrose turns heel and wins the RR by tossing Roman Reigns out and aligning himself with the authority

So leave out able bodied, exciting wrestlers like Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, AJ Styles, James Storm and Sami Zayn for old guys who struggle to walk into the ring and would more than likely really hurt themselves if having to take a bump over the top rope.

And you would rather Hogan than any NXT talent who aren't racists?

Other than Flair or Hogan, none of those guys are likely to get hurt going over the top rope. Except for the rare spot like Kofi or Morrison, the RR is not an exciting match for moves and such, so you wouldn't be wasting anything. The pops for the others would outweigh your suggestion by a huge amount. Well maybe not Jericho. He's already announced he's going to be in.

And :lmao: at James Storm being in the RR. Did WWE and TNA merge? He's signed back with TNA already.

So leave out able bodied, exciting wrestlers like Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, AJ Styles, James Storm and Sami Zayn for old guys who struggle to walk into the ring and would more than likely really hurt themselves if having to take a bump over the top rope.

And you would rather Hogan than any NXT talent who aren't racists?

Yes and Yes!!

NXT is short for Next. The WWE Pay Per Views should be reserved for Raw and Smackdown talent. To those that do not watch NXT will look at these “Rookies” and think, “Who in the blue hell are you!?” Let’s get SuperStars and Legends in the ring that have and will put butts in the seats. Besides, if these NXT “Rookies” are good enough to be in the Royal Rumble, then put them on Raw and Smackdown first.

As far as the Immortal One goes, I don’t give 2 $#!+$ about Terry Bollea. I do, however, hold Hulk Hogan in high regard. He’s tied for my 5th favorite of all time and he’ll always be in that spot on my list. If it wasn’t for the Hulkster character, I might not even be having this conversation with you.

I see a final four that includes Jericho, Wyatt, Reigns and Lesnar. I think Lesnar gets the win and becomes the new champ, Reigns will a odds stacked against him type of match at Fastlane to earn a shot at the title at Mania. He will win and set up Reigns/Lesnar II.

on Twitter, Finn Balor hinted that he wanted to be in the Rumble. Most say he won't be in it because the casual fan will not know who he is.

I say SO WHAT! WWE can throw us regular fans a bone or two. I'm not saying he will win but he will get a loud response from the arena crowd. Besides, as NXT Champion he has a right to compete for the World Championship. Didn't Kevin Owens show up on Raw while still being NXT Champion?

It probably will not happen, but I speak for many fans when I say it would be awesome for the Demon to show up :)

G'Day everyone, just like the title says, if DB actually ends up being a surprise entrant in this year's Rumble then for the sake of Reigns' push and his momentum, Triple H has to be the winner IMO.
We all know that if Bryan is there and doesn't win then the actual winner will be booed out of the arena and they know how damaging this would be for Reigns if he did win but got booed like last year (WWE learned that even The Rock couldn't help).
But, if HHH wins the Rumble then he would be expected to receive massive Heat, he's been off TV for a while now and that is a great set up for a surprise return to try and gain revenge on Reigns for putting him out of commission for a while. Also if HHH wins it would be a perfect set up for the anticipated Reigns vs HHH match up.
This would give Reigns his Wrestlemania moment, as regaining the title with all odds against him would be a greater WM moment than retaining it if he were to hold the title to WM.

Also Triple H winning the RR potentially sets up another major storyline for Wrestlemania 33.... Say if HHH (the now 14 time Champ) defends the championship before WM, at say Fastlane he could lose the match to Reigns or whoever it may be and then after the match, maybe the LoN or New Day etc can come to the ring and beat down the new champ..... After the beat down, Hunter gets on the mic and uses his Authority to call for an immediate rematch, with an unconcious opponent he calls for the ref to Start the match and BOOM there we have HHH joining John Cena as a 15 time World Heavyweight Champion....

Therefore at WM33 we can maybe have a Triple Threat match for the championship with Trips and Cena as the 2 contenders along with whoever is champ thus giving Cena and HHH the chance to equal Ric Flair's 16 reigns as Champion I only say a Triple Threat as it ensures they are both in the championship match both being 15 time champions Or maybe there could even be a tournament that concludes with the championship at WM where they have both won through to the Final, but a Triple threat match sounds more viable than that option.... What do u guys think?

Ideally speaking I'd like to see Reigns retain the belt, just to see if he can do it. The odds are so stacked against him that I doubt hardly anyone is expecting him to retain, but man... that would be an incredible moment if he did. At least in my opinion it would.

I'm expecting Triple H to return in some fashion. I'm not exactly expecting him to walk away with the belt, but if he did a feud between him and Roman would make the most sense. We have already seen Lesnar vs Roman at Mania with a lackluster build up at that. If Lesnar wins the belt somehow and goes on to lose it at Mania against Reigns that would be one craptastic waste of a title reign. I'd rather see Lesnar face anyone but Roman Reigns at Mania. Especially if the world title is on the line.

Ideally speaking I'd like to see Reigns retain the belt, just to see if he can do it. The odds are so stacked against him that I doubt hardly anyone is expecting him to retain, but man... that would be an incredible moment if he did. At least in my opinion it would.

I'm expecting Triple H to return in some fashion. I'm not exactly expecting him to walk away with the belt, but if he did a feud between him and Roman would make the most sense. We have already seen Lesnar vs Roman at Mania with a lackluster build up at that. If Lesnar wins the belt somehow and goes on to lose it at Mania against Reigns that would be one craptastic waste of a title reign. I'd rather see Lesnar face anyone but Roman Reigns at Mania. Especially if the world title is on the line.

Bern dude, you're really going all out with the "One vs All" stuff. You are just about the only person who wants to embrace a Roman Reigns successful title defense this Sunday.

Bern dude, you're really going all out with the "One vs All" stuff. You are just about the only person who wants to embrace a Roman Reigns successful title defense this Sunday.

Well, yeah man. It makes for a super compelling story. If WWE really wants to make Reigns look like a true fighting champion, have him win back to back Rumbles and somehow manage to keep the title in the process. For some reasons us hardcore fans have decided that would be a bad thing. Like we want everyone other than Reigns to win the title because we are so convinced that Reigns won't retain. To the extent where some members of the IWC are convinced that it would be a super bad thing if he did; which of course is idiotic. IMO the only logical course of action if Reigns doesn't retain would be to have Triple H, The League of Nations, or someone else related to the Authority screw over Roman at the Rumble, leading to a Roman vs Authority angle at Mania. Because right now Roman needs to take over as champion. It's time. He's been red hot for a while now.

Not the only. I'm SUPER pulling for a Reigns defense at the Rumble, but it's likely that HHH comes in at 30 and wins, or even 31*. To be honest, I wouldn't even care if Reigns had 29 eliminations, and wins the record for most time in the ring. The records are scripted, so they don't really mean that much, and I honestly really like watching Roman Reigns.

If this was any other wrestling promotion and if we hadn't seen WWE get all gung ho by making their current champion such a superheroic, indomitable figure dozens of times over, I'd say that Roman Reigns would lose the title, yet have an impressive showing. However, while WWE hasn't yet taken the "Super Cena" approach to Reigns as of yet, tomorrow is their first real opportunity to do so at a huge ppv; if Reigns retains tomorrow night, sets a new record for longest Rumble appearance, eliminates the most competitors and/or equals/exceeds his record, then I think we'd be seeing the beginning of a new "Super Cena" type era or, at least the beginning of an attempt of such an era.

I have little doubt that Reigns will break Rey Mysterio's record of staying in the Rumble match the longest. Reigns may lose tomorrow night, but he's going to come out of the match with at least some sort of accomplishment as I just don't see him being eliminated, if he winds up being eliminated, until the very end of the match itself. As to how it'd happen, it's anybody's guess but the favorite seems to be Triple H returning as a surprise entrant, possibly entering at #30, maybe using his stroke as "C.O.O" to get others to beat Reigns down even more so in order to eliminate Reigns. It'd be a nice little power trip move if Trips had all the members of the League of Nations come out, if some or all have been eliminated at the time, and have them beat Reigns down before eliminating him for Triple H while Trips himself stands in a corner or something with that condescending smirk on his face. Trips becomes WWE Champion without ever having gotten physical.

Some would hate the notion of Triple H winning it again and while I don't hate it, it's not really my favorite idea. However, there aren't very many other realistic options at this point.

Lesnar winning means he'll go back to having his quarterly title defenses whereas we'll go for weeks to months at a time without the WWE Champion on television.

AJ Styles, IF he debuts tomorrow night, winning the title could be that big "OMG" moment that people always wanna see coming out of one of the bigger ppvs but it just seems a little too far fetched.

Daniel Bryan returning is also a possibility but he's still so popular that putting him in this match without having him win it could very well result in a repeat of what we saw at last year's Royal Rumble; so if he's medically cleared but they're not gonna have him win the match, then it's probably safest not to put him in the match at all.

Owens is a possibility but, again, unlikely as I just don't see him winning the WWE Championship on the same night that he, most likely, closes out his IC title feud with Dean Ambrose via a loss.

They could put the strap back on Sheamus but, let's face it, a whole helluva lot of people don't want to see that and, frankly, I think more people would rather Trips walk out with the strap than Sheamus.

Del Rio is a possibility but, again, I don't think a lot of people are all that interested in Del Rio as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He's been in that spot a couple of times already and probably the most memorable part of his reign was his loss of the title to CM Punk, thus embarking Punk on his record setting 434 days as champ.

Rusev and Barrett are too far outside the title picture, especially Barred as I've no idea if he'll even be in this match. For the past month or so, I haven't seen the guy do so much as take a punch.

Chris Jericho isn't a realistic possibility at all unless he's planning to stick around past WrestleMania season. Otherwise, it'd be another moment like the Rock winning the title back in 2013 in that we knew he'd be dropping it to Cena the instant he won.

Bray Wyatt is a possibility, probably one of the few that genuinely has a solidified shot. However, I get the feeling they're going for something with Brock Lesnar for WrestleMania and since the Family left Lesnar laying on Raw Monday, it makes sense for Lesnar to get some degree of revenge, then for Wyatt to get another one up on Lesnar by eliminating him after he himself was eliminated.

I dunno, it just seems like Reigns retaining or Triple H winning are the most likely outcomes. I think some of the very few outcomes that would most definitely please internet fans would be Styles debuting and winning or Bryan returning and winning.

Does anyone know 100% either way whether or not Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens are in the Rumble match itself?

I haven't heard them as included in it on any broadcast.

My assumption is no, seeing as how they are in a "brutal" last man standing match earlier in the PPV and any "realism" of said match would kind of be lost if they were then able to come out and compete in the Rumble.

But, i've seen a few different places on here where people post with scenarios that have both men involved in it.

Anyone know for sure one way or the other?

Does anyone know 100% either way whether or not Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens are in the Rumble match itself?

I haven't heard them as included in it on any broadcast.

My assumption is no, seeing as how they are in a "brutal" last man standing match earlier in the PPV and any "realism" of said match would kind of be lost if they were then able to come out and compete in the Rumble.

But, i've seen a few different places on here where people post with scenarios that have both men involved in it.

Anyone know for sure one way or the other?

It wouldn't be rare if them both join the rumble match. Back in the old days the guys involved in regular matches used to not compete in the rumble, even if the match was a non title match. But nowadays almost everyone with a few bits of relevancy and healthy enough is in the rumble.

Ive made a list of entrants off the main WWE roster for the Royal Rumble tonight.

So thats 50 off the main roster & 17 possible surprise entrants.

Dunno how WWE are gonna whittle that down to 30, but im sure there will be a few wasted spots that could have been better used for others more deserving.

Ive made a list of entrants off the main WWE roster for the Royal Rumble tonight.

So thats 50 off the main roster & 17 possible surprise entrants.

Dunno how WWE are gonna whittle that down to 30, but im sure there will be a few wasted spots that could have been better used for others more deserving.

I did the same too, tbh you can't really take there word on "confirmed entrants" and the fact there are like you said 60+ possible entrants I too am just intrigued by who even fills those 30 spots. I broke it down to 40 and into 4 groups of "my odds to win" tabs, ill share if anyones got 2 seconds to have a nosey thru lol.

Final 5
Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt & Sheamus

20 that probably get a spot
Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev, Big Show, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, R-Truth, Kalisto, Mark Henry, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, Kane, Braun Strowman, Goldust, Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper & Neville

Who i see getting the last 5 spots
Titus O'neill, Wade Barrett, Curtis Axle, Erick Rowan & Tyler Breeze

7 likely to compete for spots
The Ascension, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Darren Young, Zack Ryder & Damien Sandow

I dont see the following competing; HHH, Cesaro, Randy Orton, John Cena & The Undertaker. Nor do I think Vince will pull any NXT superstars or unfortunately a debuting AJ Styles :( lol. However, a suprise entrant creative may include could be the douche that tweeted about the Social Outcasts? have them take him out and just give him and ol' "dont run ya mouth elimination/hiding" lol.

For me, entering and having HHH win the rumble is the panic button option. Along with the current Authority/Vince VS Reigns plot already stirred there is no real "need" to have the biggest strap on either star to make this match Mania worthy, so why not put it on someone else to make another big WM32 match? With Lesnar in a possible Wyatt family feud and with the current batch of injuries besides a returning Kurt Angle or Batista, I dont see anyone other than Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble tonight.

I have a late Royal Rumble theory. Every year I try and come up with winners and surprise entrants so here is my first...

Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Brock Lesnar are in the final four. Lesnar and Reigns have no choice but to team up against the Wyatts...eventually eliminating Luke Harper and finally Bray Wyatt. Lesnar and Reigns go face to face both looking at the Title possibly sitting on a stool beside the Time Keeper. The Wyatts with Strowman and Rowan re-enter and beat down Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. They succeed in eliminating Lesnar leaving Reigns down in the corner. Before the referee can ring the bell...the Clock comes on the tron..it counts down...3...2...1! TIME TO PLAY THE GAME. Vince is at ringside laughing and walking back and forth. Its personal...HHH is taping his wrists as he walks to the ring. Reigns is on his feet as HHH enters and the two men start brawling. Steph slides the Sledgehammer into the ring, Reigns goes for the spear but is struck by the hammer. HHH tosses Reigns over the rope with ease. The bell rings and HHH is the Champion. Vince and Steph celebrate with HHH as the camera shows Reigns out cold on the floor.

My second theory is pretty straight forward. Reigns wins the Rumble and is still the champion. Triple H still returns and beats him down all over the arena. Pedigree on the table..etc..etc. Either way..HHH returns tonight and it is indeed time to play the game!

I have a late Royal Rumble theory. Every year I try and come up with winners and surprise entrants so here is my first...

Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Brock Lesnar are in the final four. Lesnar and Reigns have no choice but to team up against the Wyatts...eventually eliminating Luke Harper and finally Bray Wyatt. Lesnar and Reigns go face to face both looking at the Title possibly sitting on a stool beside the Time Keeper. The Wyatts with Strowman and Rowan re-enter and beat down Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. They succeed in eliminating Lesnar leaving Reigns down in the corner. Before the referee can ring the bell...the Clock comes on the tron..it counts down...3...2...1! TIME TO PLAY THE GAME. Vince is at ringside laughing and walking back and forth. Its personal...HHH is taping his wrists as he walks to the ring. Reigns is on his feet as HHH enters and the two men start brawling. Steph slides the Sledgehammer into the ring, Reigns goes for the spear but is struck by the hammer. HHH tosses Reigns over the rope with ease. The bell rings and HHH is the Champion. Vince and Steph celebrate with HHH as the camera shows Reigns out cold on the floor.

My second theory is pretty straight forward. Reigns wins the Rumble and is still the champion. Triple H still returns and beats him down all over the arena. Pedigree on the table..etc..etc. Either way..HHH returns tonight and it is indeed time to play the game!

Now I am more convinced Reigns/HHH wont win the strap lol. If anything could probably see some sort of Vince & Reigns VS Steph & HHH fixture at WM32 instead... Have Vince get fed up of Steph's antics the Raw prior to Fastlane, a couple weeks to build HHH/Reigns on the road to 'Mania than have Vince back Reigns. If creative work it right, that could be a stipulation added to make the card appeal more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back