SpikeTV in Canada Coming to an End

SpecialFNK

Mid-Card Championship Winner
http://pwinsider.com/article/76992/tna-tv-changing-in-canada.html?p=1
As of May 25th, Rogers, who is the cable provider for all of Toronto, Ottawa and London is removing Spike TV from its standard tier and moving it into the Classic TV tier. It has been part of the basic tier since it was The Nashville Network. Rogers wants an additional $6.05 per month + tax for the station.

as someone in Canada this sucks!

I don't know if anyone knows this, but does this mean for all of Canada? or would this be only for the satellite provider Rogers? I have satellite through Bell Expressvu.

Just another reason for TNA to get the hell off that damn network. Recently there was a discussion about the ratings drop on here (because a lower rating for TNA is apparently news these days, as if they draw great ratings all the time) and SpikeTV was mentioned as the reason or part of the reason. And then, as if on cue, this happens.

This doesn't affect me but it obviously sucks for some or all Canadian fans. Luckily there are tons of streams and torrents for the show and it inconveniences a lot of people.

On a completely unrelated side note, I met Brodus Clay and Tensai in Rotterdam, The Netherlands today and they were pretty damn cool. And tired. First time meeting a wrestler (any wrestler) in my life and it was one of the most unforgettable experiences I've ever had. Insane. Just had to share it.

Wish I started a TNA chant but I'm pretty sure the army of "U can't C Me" T-Shirt bearing zombies would've beaten me to death.

Still, amazing.

But, yeah, SpikeTV sucks.

http://pwinsider.com/article/76992/tna-tv-changing-in-canada.html?p=1

as someone in Canada this sucks!

I don't know if anyone knows this, but does this mean for all of Canada? or would this be only for the satellite provider Rogers? I have satellite through Bell Expressvu.

SpikeTV is not being completely removed, it is just being moved to another area in their package. Now, if they removed it completely from every cable and satellite company, to where you couldn't watch it at all in Canada, then yes, that would suck, but currently that is not true.

This currently only affects Rogers subscribers. If you're on Bell for example, you'd be fine. It really isn't a big deal to be honest.

First of all im sorry Canadian Fans. That sucks for you guys in a major way. UFC got the hell off of spike TNA should follow suit. The ratings suck in TNA but when they leave for another station that the majority of people get. Spike TV sucks there is nothing good on anymore on that station.

But for people who have Rogers in canada this is bad news im sorry. I have never had the pleasure of meeting a pro wrestler in my life i hope too one day! As they seem like really cool people

Not to nitpick, but this is a bit overly dramatic. Spike isn't "coming to an end", it's just being moved to another cable package on Rogers. And whereas the link makes it sound as though Rogers is somehow the only cable provider in these cities, it's not. I can't speak for Ottawa or London, but Toronto has at least one other major cable provider (Bell). This is an inconvenience for Rogers customers , and another example of how shitty cable packaging is (really, we should get 100% control over which channels we are paying for), but it's not as bad as the link makes it out to be.

I think I must have read it too quickly. I understood it to mean they are removing SpikeTV completely from their package and moving their type of programming to a classic tier, meaning they were replacing whatever channel SpikeTV was on to classic TV programming, like shows from the 70's/80's/ect.

I can no longer edit the title. I overreacted thinking/assuming it was being removed and coming to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back