Survivor Series Sweep

George Steele's Barber

Advertise Here $9.95/month
Was there a point to Raw winning all the main show matches beyond the Baron Corbin keeps his job mini-angle?

It just didn't seem necessary which makes me think/hope it had a purpose. My initial thought is that this sets Shane off and furthers his heel turn beyond "winning" that stupid best in the world award. Maybe it leads to resentment from the men in the tag division that their win didn't even count since it was pre-show. Maybe the men who didn't compete (Rusev, Orton, AJ) start a faction against the rest of the locker room. Does Shane clean some house and pull up some NXT guys?

Any thoughts or is this thread as big of a waste of time as Raw sweeping every main show match?

Shane posted something on Twitter Sunday night saying something about "change" coming to SmackDown. Everyone already knows that Vince sees Raw as the truly important show, that's been obvious since SmackDown was created really, so having Raw win every Survivor Series match just to drive the point home strikes me as too redundant, even for Vince McMahon.

There are reports that WWE might nix the notion of Shane turning heel now that they've turned Bryan but who knows at this point. Vince just seems to be making this stuff up as he goes along at any given moment and can change his mind just that quickly. Shane could be going full out heel and become this tyrannical authority figure who ultimately becomes the top heel for the blue brand, because God knows that's something WWE hasn't done ad nauseum over the last 20 years or so.:cuss2:

I like it personally. All too often we see one brand win the night on the final match. And whilst that keeps the suspense going, in terms of a brand supremacy angle goes, it's all too bloody predictable.

At least this is something new. Moreover, it didn't make Smackdown look particularly weak in my opinion. All the matches were very well contested. That said, Raw were always going to win the brand supremacy battle. If this kickstarts something on Smackdown and Raw and takes them down interesting paths, I don't actually care about the sweep.

I was wishing for Shane to open the show and start playing as a top heel, and making on SD a “rebellion” storyline. It would do wonders for the ratings, but it was so plain...

My only problem with the sweep was that it made the kickoff match meaningless and in turn made the tag division feel like a joke. If the whole point of the storyline was to have raw win every match, why not just give the raw tag team the win or at less put that match as part of the main show and take the cruiserweight title of the main show and put it on the kick off.

The fact that smackdown won the kickoff match and you had Corey graves mention it over and over again during the broadcast took me out of the story they we're telling.

I found it strange and disappointing for Raw to be so dominant. Having them win every single match with the exception of the pre-show which ”didn’t count” was a bit of a headscratcher. I get that the storyline was for brand supremacy, but it made Smackdown look weak. They should have won SOMETHING. Or, put the Cruiserweights on the pre-show and move the tag team elimination match to the main card so that it still counts. I hated Survivor Series this year. Raw’s dominance made the whole thing feel like a waste of time. The only good thing about the show was Charlotte snapping on Ronda.

This was absolutely devastating. The SmackDown brand as a whole was buried beyond any hope of recovery because of Vince's incomprehensible hatred of the show. Anyone saying this sweep "didn't matter" or "it will be forgotten in a month" doesn't know the first thing about how wrestling works. It was the worst booked PPV in WWE history and an embarrassment to Survivor Series and the company as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back