The Schedule and Rules of the 2010 WZ Posters Tag Tournament

I) Schedule

• Round 1 (30 Teams): 3/31/10 - 4/3/10
  • Round 2 (16 Teams): 4/3/10 - 4/6/10
  • Round 3 (8 Teams): 4/6/10 - 4/9/10
  • Round 4 (4 Teams): 4/9/10 - 4/12/10
  • Finals: 4/12/10-4/13/10

II) Rules

A) Organizational Rules (Applicable to all participating teams except Operation Pedobear Barbarossa)

1. Every team participating in this tournament has been seeded according to a score. These scores have been calculated for each team by combining the reputation, post count, and join date of their members; while reputation has been given a weight of two-thirds for this score, post count and join date have each been given a weight of one-sixth.

2. In each round, each team’s opponent will be determined by comparing their score with other teams in such a manner that the team with the highest combined reputation within that round faces the team with the lowest combined reputation within that round, the team with the second highest combined reputation within that round faces the team with the second lowest combined reputation within that round, etc.

3. Each match-up will take place in an individual thread in the WZ Posters Tag Tournament sub-forum in The Bar Room and these threads shall be open for voting for a period of 72 hours (with the exception of the final, which will only be open for 24 hours). The team with the highest number of votes (which shall be tallied through a poll) at the end of each period will be declared the winner and advance to the next round. In the case of a tie, the team that first gets ten additional votes will be declared the winner and advance to the next round.

B) Pairing

1. Teams may consist of either two or three posters.

2. A team of three posters that faces a team of two posters will automatically have five points deducted from their final score (for scoring and voting rules, see below).

C) Scoring and Voting

1. All WZ members are eligible to vote once per match-up, and their vote shall count for one point. If there is a match in which a WZ member has already voted in and in which a tie is initially declared, they may vote once again to help determine the winner of this match, and their vote shall count for one point.

2. No reasons are necessary for the way a WZ member votes, although listing reasons is certainly encouraged (also, the polls will be public).

3. Although bribing for votes was strictly forbidden last year, you may do so this year if you so choose; some people are going to do it anyway, so there's no point in you getting held back.

D) Complaints

1. Complaints shall be handled by tdigle and Ty Burna, and they must be addressed to us in the form of a PM.

E) Miscellaneous Miscellany

1. This tournament is here for everyone's enjoyment; if either tdigle or Ty Burna feel that you are taking away from the enjoyment of this tournament, then they reserve the right to disqualify your team, discount your votes, or both.

2. Team managers hold no practical value in this tournament; save for their vote as WZ members, they have no power over the outcome of a match.

Alright guys, I know the schedule says tonight would be the start of the second round, but due to a fuckload of (in my case) unexpected family crashing at my house, I'm gonna delay the start of the second round to tomorrow night. Sorry about that.

Once we're done with the current OT match, I'll post the next round's match-ups, and Ty should get around to posting them properly sometimes tonight or tomorrow morning.

PR Represent, you get to keep on keepin' on, because IndyJon22 told Lord Sidious that he was in this thing, and he got upset.

klunderbunker, let me know what's what, and if you want to keep on keepin' on. If not, JBL Credit will move on to face Operation: Pedobear Barbarossa.

klunderbunker, I need your team name, theme song, and new partner if you plan on having one. The White Minstrel Show, should they win, will be getting a third-round bye.

Call me whatever you want, theme song is theme from Rocky and Bullwinkle, and I'll go it alone I guess.

Don't mean to be silly.

But how is it a tag-tournie, is two teams only have one member?

Here are the next round of match-ups:

Operation: Pedobear Barbarossa vs. The Axe Murderers

Untitled (klunderbunker and Invisible Man #1) vs. TMX

The Mighty Lariat! vs. Bond Girls In Heat

The Teddy Bhoys vs. The Pimptations

Couldn't find better competition for us than Bane and the man who wishes he was Stan Hansen's codpiece?

Next two match-ups are TMX vs. Axe Murderers and Mighty Lariat! vs. Teddy Bhoys. Ty, go on ahead and put up the threads (make the polls for two days). Be creative with the special guest refs and locations.

TMX vs. The Mighty Lariat will be up tonight. It will go for 24 hours. The winner will then face The One Man Dynasty in the finals, and that thread will be open for 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back