• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Boss Is Champ Once Again

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Tonight's Raw saw a rare happening in that a women's match was the main event of the show with Charlotte defending the Raw Women's Championship against Sasha Banks. In what was another great effort, Sasha picked up the win and is WWE Raw Women's Champion for the 2nd time.

Unless something happens, such as another injury or Sasha doing something to get heat backstage, I'm of the opinion that she'll hold onto the title for the rest of the year, wind up turning heel some time around or after the first of the year, possibly as late as the Royal Rumble, and drop the title at WrestleMania to Bayley.

Charlotte has a rematch for the title and it'll almost certainly happen at the Hell in a Cell ppv; I think it'd be kinda cool to see a women's HIAC match as Reigns vs. Rusev will be the first Cell match for a mid-card title.

I agree with pretty much all of that.....except I want to see Sasha beat Bayley this time. I think Bayley needs a longer build before winning it. She seems perfect for the type to keep falling just short, before finally breaking through.

Loved that match tonight, and yeah a hell in a cell match would be cool. Sasha and Charlotte are as good as anybody in the company. That Charlotte spot was insane, the match was hard hitting, told a story, and finished hot. A hell in a cell to blow the feud off(for now, this one should go on and off for years) would be amazing.

My problem with this match was that it was so similar to the last time they faced each other for the title on Raw. The story in this one was exactly the same as before with Charlotte playing the over confident heel, imploring Sasha to "stay down", only for Sasha to surprise her with the Banks Statement. While the match was good, that spot from Charlotte was extremely dangerous and could have gone horribly wrong. I give both women props as they did show why they deserved to be the main event, but this was too much of a repeat of Sasha beating Charlotte for the title on Raw, which she just did not that long ago.

This was essentially a reset back to where we were before Sasha took those few weeks off.

First off this is not a bash on either women, they both can go when they are on point.

I said this in the regular Disqus section, is it just me or whenever Sasha and Charlotte go at it there's alot of botches and unnecessary risks which usually end up with Sasha looking like she copped another injury, case in point being knocked off the top rope she clearly hit her head on the top rope akwardly not to mention what looked like another back problem early on, now she may be ok and just a really good actress but it's just 1 situation of numerous whenever they battle and doesn't look good.

I can see she will be stripped of the title soon enough if that sort of thing continues, you can't put the weight of a division on someone who is a danger too themselves Hopes i'm wrong cause i like her.

I agree with pretty much all of that.....except I want to see Sasha beat Bayley this time. I think Bayley needs a longer build before winning it. She seems perfect for the type to keep falling just short, before finally breaking through.

Loved that match tonight, and yeah a hell in a cell match would be cool. Sasha and Charlotte are as good as anybody in the company. That Charlotte spot was insane, the match was hard hitting, told a story, and finished hot. A hell in a cell to blow the feud off(for now, this one should go on and off for years) would be amazing.

She already did that in NXT that was the whole gimmick, repeatedly coming up short before finally beating Charlotte

Personally if this lead to charlotte being push down the card and those 2 being seperate after hell in a cell then I don't mind the title switch. I don't really care for both women and the match itself was what it was but fans like sasha so she's going to be push until they go to the bayley match next year. Meanwhile, sasha will probably feud with nia jax for a couple of months and maybe even emma when she come back before going into the bayley feud

has for charlotte, she's probably going into a feud with dana after this and then she'll be a stepping stone for bayley.

My problem with this match was that it was so similar to the last time they faced each other for the title on Raw. The story in this one was exactly the same as before with Charlotte playing the over confident heel, imploring Sasha to "stay down", only for Sasha to surprise her with the Banks Statement. While the match was good, that spot from Charlotte was extremely dangerous and could have gone horribly wrong. I give both women props as they did show why they deserved to be the main event, but this was too much of a repeat of Sasha beating Charlotte for the title on Raw, which she just did not that long ago.

This was essentially a reset back to where we were before Sasha took those few weeks off.

Umm yeah.....that's the "story" because that's Charlotte's character. She's the "over confident heel". She believes she is "genetically superior". Why wouldn't that come into play? Her downfall was she lost her composure again after she seemingly should've had it won. She reversed the Banks statement into a pin, but this time Sasha was ready for it and reversed it back. It's actually very realistic and true to the gimmick that Charlotte is basically unbeatable unless she loses focus, and the way Sasha has been able to do that is to keep coming back.

First off this is not a bash on either women, they both can go when they are on point.

I said this in the regular Disqus section, is it just me or whenever Sasha and Charlotte go at it there's alot of botches and unnecessary risks which usually end up with Sasha looking like she copped another injury, case in point being knocked off the top rope she clearly hit her head on the top rope akwardly not to mention what looked like another back problem early on, now she may be ok and just a really good actress but it's just 1 situation of numerous whenever they battle and doesn't look good.

I can see she will be stripped of the title soon enough if that sort of thing continues, you can't put the weight of a division on someone who is a danger too themselves Hopes i'm wrong cause i like her.

LOL. It's selling. Most of the roster sucks at it....they either forget or don't bother to do it, or do it so cartoonishly over the top that we know it's selling. Sasha was realistic with it.

This! I was disappointed. Lots of botched moves, and overall a boring repetitive match. Meh...Come on WWE! You can do better than this! A 4 four foot dwarf as women's champ and a 300lb fat guy as men's champ? Sad...just sad1

Fun match. They can pass that belt back and forth forever as long as they continue to put on matches like last night. I don't mind the botches, they fight so intensely and with such rage that it makes more sense for not everything to go smoothly.

Charlotte is terrific in the ring. Best wrestler on Raw. She makes anyone look like a good opponent. Her combination of strength, flexibility, and creativity is such a joy to watch.

I really hope they get a Cell spot because I want to see what Charlotte and Sasha are willing to come up with in that type of match.

I was disappointed.
Really? When was the last time you were happy with anything in WWE?
Lots of botched moves, and overall a boring repetitive match. Meh...
Then leave watching WWE for god sake? Why not spend this money on TNA's Bound For Glory?
Come on WWE! You can do better than this!
Thanks for the trust in WWE.
A 4 four foot dwarf as women's champ
4 foot? Dwarf? You are just so much away from reality and facts. Do you have any animosity towards truth and facts? Sasha Banks is 5 foot 5 inch. That's 1.5 foot than what you said.

Plus you love TNA, right? Gail Kim is Knockouts Champ, right? Sasha is taller than Gail Kim. So is Gail Kim also a dwarf by your dumb standards? Grow up, someday.
and a 300lb fat guy as men's champ?
Kevin Owens is 266 lbs. Yes, he is a fat guy but he is probably there due to his talent unlike you who just knows to insult everyone in WWE.
Sad...just sad1
Right, you're really sad. I have sympathy for you, I guess I shouldn't.

Back to the topic. Really happy for Sasha. Plus women getting to main event Raw is a refreshing change.

Some posters are asking for a rematch in Hell In A Cell match. If it's in Hell In A Cell, and Rollins-Owens also takes place in the same gimmick, that would make 3 same gimmick matches. It may seem overuse of Hell In A Cell.

Plus, the only person to dethrone Sasha should be Bayley at a much bigger event, say Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania 33.

This! I was disappointed. Lots of botched moves, and overall a boring repetitive match. Meh...Come on WWE! You can do better than this! A 4 four foot dwarf as women's champ and a 300lb fat guy as men's champ? Sad...just sad1

Botches? Nope. Lots of "blocked" moves, because they've wrestled so many times. But you're just trolling like always.

I put the match around a 4 star, This scale doesn't give them free points for being women either;

Botches? Ya, they had a couple ugly botches, but it's because they're putting on pretty big spots, especially for women, but I hate factoring that directly.

Sasha looks like she dies every match, and it makes Charlotte or whomever her opponent that night look strong, if other people sold more often, instead of trying to look strong, then the entire roster would benefit.

Psychology wise, this was the best story told on RAW in a few months, the way they opened up with the NXT history, the way Dana Brook was taken out by Bayley, the fact this was 100% clean, with no screwjobbery of any kind, and Charlotte's frustration vs Sasha's determination. Honestly, this match is going to be one of the matches you see clips of for years, 25 years from now when they show the 4 Horsewomen's DVD about how the 4 revolutionized Diva's to Female Superstars, you'll be seeing Charlotte's Corkscrew and the leg scissor Bank Statement in the intro clips, but hey, let's focus on the negative, because nobody can be happy when they watch WWE anymore.

Honestly, my only HUGE criticism in the whole match was commentary, Michael Cole had to repeat 8 or 9 times "THIS IS THE MAIN EVENT, AND THERE'S WOMEN IN IT!" We get it, Women main eventing is rare, commentary repeating it killed the mood.

I'm expecting Sasha to heel turn on Bayley (I think it's probably the only way fans will accept Sasha going heel, and it makes sense to turn on her after their NXT History, have some sort of match out of respect and Sasha pulls the disrespectful heel angle out of nowhere). The RAW Women's division is too shallow to go too many directions, Nia is still Greener than the Hulk, Summer Rae and Paige are out on injury, Dana's been made to look so weak, and Alicia Fox... lol, So Bayley being injected into the mix is the only way to go, Sasha vs Charlotte needs a rest soon.

The Universal Championship is currently the number 3 belt on Raw at the moment, which is really sad when you think about it. Still, it's for that reason that I think Charlotte/Sasha deserve the Cell spot more than Rollins/Owens. Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins are both entertaining, they almost always knock the ball out of the park when they're on, and they should be opening and closing these shows every week, but the fact is, they're not. The Cell should strictly be reserved for the feuds that need it, and the UC feud most certainly does not have enough heat to warrant a Cell match. I would even go as far as saying that Sasha/Charlotte deserve the Cell more than Rusev and Reigns do at this point.

I really don't see any good reason not to put them in the cage and it seems like that's the direction they're heading in. Shit, they should probably be main-eventing the damn show when it comes down to it.

The Universal Championship is currently the number 3 belt on Raw at the moment, which is really sad when you think about it. Still, it's for that reason that I think Charlotte/Sasha deserve the Cell spot more than Rollins/Owens. Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins are both entertaining, they almost always knock the ball out of the park when they're on, and they should be opening and closing these shows every week, but the fact is, they're not. The Cell should strictly be reserved for the feuds that need it, and the UC feud most certainly does not have enough heat to warrant a Cell match. I would even go as far as saying that Sasha/Charlotte deserve the Cell more than Rusev and Reigns do at this point.

I really don't see any good reason not to put them in the cage and it seems like that's the direction they're heading in. Shit, they should probably be main-eventing the damn show when it comes down to it.
I concur. It just goes to show you just how far women's wrestling in WWE has come. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe some of the women wrestlers of the past were capable (if given the opportunity) of having a good match in a steel cage. Take Lita for example. Most of the women before Lita were strictly mat wrestlers and then Lita came in and changed the game. Now Sasha and Charlotte might be given the opportunity to take it a step further.

The US and Women's Championship feuds are much more deserving of Cell matches than anything else going on. Heck, the entire WWEU program is playing second fiddle to the Rollins vs. H/Stephanie garbage.

Meh. Not that I have anything against either Sacha or Charlotte. I'm just sick of seeing both of these women trade the championship back and forth. I don't think the Championship needs to be in play between this feud to be quite honest. I'd much rather see someone else be involved with the title best and elevate those two. Sasha and Charlotte have decent matches but it's nothing that we haven't seen before. When I realised they would be the main event, I was already bored.

Sasha is a two time Champ, well done her. Charlotte will likely win the championship somewhere down the line again and we are all doomed to repeat the same cycle. For the love of God, let's see something different.

I'd like to see them in a Hell in a Cell match, and have it be a no contest. Let this feud play out for one more PPV in a 30 minute Iron Woman match at Survivor Series.

I've enjoyed their feud. First women's feud I've enjoyed since Lita and Trish. Let these two go through Survivor Series with Sasha ending it at Survivor Series. Then she moves on to Nia Jax for Roadblock. Maybe a returning Emma at Royal Rumble or a tag match with Bayley as her partner. That's when she turns on Bayley. Bayley challenges at whatever PPV will be before Wrestlemania for RAW and loses in a dirty finish. Finally at Wrestlemania it's Bayley vs Sasha and Bayley wins.

Umm yeah.....that's the "story" because that's Charlotte's character. She's the "over confident heel". She believes she is "genetically superior". Why wouldn't that come into play? Her downfall was she lost her composure again after she seemingly should've had it won. She reversed the Banks statement into a pin, but this time Sasha was ready for it and reversed it back. It's actually very realistic and true to the gimmick that Charlotte is basically unbeatable unless she loses focus, and the way Sasha has been able to do that is to keep coming back.

The point of a feud like this is to keep evolving the story, making it different in each match as the two competitors grow and learn more about each other. These two had this same match a couple months ago, with the same story, and pretty much the same ending. Charlotte was overconfident the first time and it cost her the match. Don't you think that in a rematch she would have learned from that and not do it again? It made no sense for her to act that way, knowing that Sasha already beat her after she did the same thing. If she's supposed to be superior, no way does she make the same mistake twice. It was just a repeat of the last Raw match they had, just this one was the main event.

I guess now we'll get the rematch of the rematch of the rematch at Hell in a Cell, Sasha will "hurt" her back, and Charlotte gets the title again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

The point of a feud like this is to keep evolving the story, making it different in each match as the two competitors grow and learn more about each other. These two had this same match a couple months ago, with the same story, and pretty much the same ending. Charlotte was overconfident the first time and it cost her the match. Don't you think that in a rematch she would have learned from that and not do it again? It made no sense for her to act that way, knowing that Sasha already beat her after she did the same thing. If she's supposed to be superior, no way does she make the same mistake twice. It was just a repeat of the last Raw match they had, just this one was the main event.

I guess now we'll get the rematch of the rematch of the rematch at Hell in a Cell, Sasha will "hurt" her back, and Charlotte gets the title again. Rinse, lather, repeat.

It makes no sense for Odell Beckham to lose his shit when he knows refs are just dying to flag him, but he's done it two weeks in a row. It's a weakness of his. Fantastic player, but can lose his composure when he feels opponents are getting away with dirty play. Rasheed Wallace used to lead the NBA in technical fouls every year. He just could NOT keep his mouth shut when refs made poor calls on him. Could not do it. So yeah, it makes perfect sense that Charlotte would repeat the same mistake.....it's part of who she is. It's her main flaw. Everyone's got a weakness. Losing her composure when what would normally put away an opponent doesn't do it. That's her weakness. Sasha is the one wrestler to this point that is both tenacious enough to hang in there, and skilled enough to take advantage of her opening so far.

And I wouldn't say overconfidence was what cost her.....it was her losing her composure when she couldn't put Sasha away. She got frustrated, lost focus for a second, then regained it by reversing it, but Sasha was ready this time.

Great psychology. Great match. Great rivalry. Best thing going(along with Jericho's comedy) on Raw hands down.

Though I've gotta remember.....this is the same forum that cried it's ass off because Jericho and AJ wrestled too many times. Freaked out when a best of 7 was announced for Cesaro and Sheamus too. ADD generation, I guess. Gotta have something "different" and new shiny every few weeks, and then y'all lose interest.

While I wasn't a huge fan of this match and I'm hoping that this is it between both girls am not going to make fun of the fans that like it like some other posters does on this board.

How long before Sasha is on the injured list again.
As much of a fan as i am she is a danger to herself and when her and Charlotte go at it, Sasha cops a beating every time.

That match on Raw had numerous obvious botches that coulda led to further injuries.

Did it really have to be on RAW? I understand they needed something big for mainevent of RAW that for the first time after a while feautured women but next PPV is in Sashas home town(well, at least town she is billed) so wouldnt it make more sense to do it there?

Also, she had injury and they gave it to Charlotte a while back. Understand they wanted the title on Sasha even then but they just should keep the title on her and not give it back to Charlotte.

But I am happy for Sasha. She did deserve it and Hell in a Cell for women should be fun eitherway.

How long before Sasha is on the injured list again.
As much of a fan as i am she is a danger to herself and when her and Charlotte go at it, Sasha cops a beating every time.

That match on Raw had numerous obvious botches that coulda led to further injuries.

THIS!!!!!!!! I said it before this match was a botchfest, but "Some" decided to deflect the subject by name calling. That match was horrific and it's only a matter of time before the "tiny dwarf" is injured AGAIN or injures someone else in the ring. Sasha is more reckless in the ring than Becky Lynch, and that's saying something. I stand by my assertion that the match was a botchfest and overall....meh. Hopefully this ends the boring Sasha/Charolette feud. If so, good riddance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back