The Edge DVD looks good

Edge vs Triple H was average. Nothing special. Undertaker vs Triple H on Smackdown this past week was 100 times better.

I loved it. Very entertaining bout that was definately pay per view quality. Why the gave it away for free, I will never know.

Hardy needs gimmicks to get over. Edge is better with them, but can put on a damn fine match without them. Look at him and Taker from WM this year

Jeff had some pretty good singles matches the last year or so. He's one of the most over stars in the WWE. Edge is good, but overrated. All his single non gimmick matches are a meh, and he's only famous for his gimmick matches.

I loved it. Very entertaining bout that was definately pay per view quality. Why the gave it away for free, I will never know.

Prolly cause a shit load of people don't get the MyTV or whatever the fuck channel SD! is on now, so a bunch of people didn't get the chance to see it, so they figure people will here about that match, get pissed and call up there cable or dish provider and bitch and complain until they add that channel

Prolly cause a shit load of people don't get the MyTV or whatever the fuck channel SD! is on now, so a bunch of people didn't get the chance to see it, so they figure people will here about that match, get pissed and call up there cable or dish provider and bitch and complain until they add that channel

If they are doing that for that specific reason, it's a really smart business decision.

Are people seriously saying Edge is no good at non gimmick matches, okay. KB said it best, Edge is good without gimmick matches, but excels when he is in them. Most of the Undertakers best matches have been gimmick matches, yet he is excellent without them. Likewise with Edge. He's great without them, but better with them. Jeff Hardy only has passable matches when he's jumping off of something. Seriously, comparing Jeff Hardy to Edge is criminal

Okay I'm a huge Edge fan, but I'm not going to sit here, lie, and say that his non gimmick matches are just as great as his gimmick matches because they're not. But to say ALL his non gimmick matches are "Meh" is crazy. I will admit that I like some of his non gimmick matches while he was a face better than the ones he has now a days.

So what if he is more known for his gimmick matches? Jeff Hardy is known for being a high flyer, Kurt Angle is known for being a technical wrestler, and edge is known for his tables, ladders, and chairs. There is nothing wrong with that.

Now back to the subject at hand. This DVD looks great and I can't wait to get it for christmas. Also one of the very reason's why there are more gimmick matches than non gimmicks matches on this dvd is because A lot of edge's non gimmick matches had chris benoit involved in them.

Also one of the very reason's why there are more gimmick matches than non gimmicks matches on this dvd is because A lot of edge's non gimmick matches had chris benoit involved in them.

One wrestler really shouldn't make a difference. What does it say about Edge when his DVD is incomplete because of one wrestler?

One wrestler really shouldn't make a difference. What does it say about Edge when his DVD is incomplete because of one wrestler?

By your terms the DVD may not be incomplete. I'm not justifying for his lack of in ring skill. I'm just making a point that some of his best work was when Chris Benoit was involved (wether it be tag, one on one, or triple threat) and it's not on the dvd for obvious reasons.

Like I said before, so what if his best matches were gimmick matches. Yes, his in ring work is not the greatest, but you don't have to be a magician in the ring to be known as a great entertainer.

The Eddie Guerrero would be fine without any Benoit, if they hadn't already done one of him, and a Rey Mysterio one.

Stupid Benoit. The only major omission from this set is the Edge/Rey vs Angle/Benoit series of matches, which are probably the best tag matches of this decade, and they aren't going to be included because of the WWE erasure of Benoit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back