The Next Rock Tournament

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
A few options. Last time I split the bands into decade-based regions. 50's/60's, 70's, 80's, 90's/00s. There are a few ways I can go this time.

Option One

Regions for genres of rock. A "Classic Rock" region, a "Metal" region, an "Alt / Grunge" region, etc. Bands from all genres entered in. Problem with this is some bands span more than one category, and may lose to a band purely from that category.

Option Two

Stick with the decades, only with 6 regions (50's - 00's) and pick the matches at random instead of by seeding.

Option Three

Each region represents a member of a rock band. In the "singer / frontman" region, guys like Freddie Mercury, Bret Michaels, Steve Perry, etc. battle it out for title of the greatest rock singer. In the guitarist region, the Slash's and Clapton's of the world. Then a bass region, a drum region, and a misc. region (for keyboards, cello, whatever). At the end of the tournament, WZ names its Mega-band.

Thoughts / ideas / brainstorms.

Pfft.. if it's option 3, Alice in Chains are getting roasted.

option 3, then we might as well drop the Guitar section and have Kirk Hammett walk away with the victory.

Do you honestly not think that Layne Staley would be competitive in the front man category? Watch AiC unplugged and tell me he couldn't at least compete.

Now, granted, I would vote Freddie Mercury over Staley, but still....

I like the idea of one, as it would mean similar styles can be compared. I like option 3 as well as it allows you to vote on a individuals talents instead of the band as a whole

Oh certainly I won't argue that Staley is a good front man, but I'm still gonna argue some of the other guys to perhaps go over him, while I wouldn't argue Metallica as a whole in the complete band choice, I would argue James Hetfield as one of the greater front men in my opinion.

Oh certainly I won't argue that Staley is a good front man, but I'm still gonna argue some of the other guys to perhaps go over him, while I wouldn't argue Metallica as a whole in the complete band choice, I would argue James Hetfield as one of the greater front men in my opinion.

I disagree, respectfully.

Option 3 sounds the most interesting, but the best bassist of all time may not be the most talked about thing in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back