The NXT Thread Is Like Ring of Honor's Bay-Bay!

Last night was the first night I noticed it happening a lot, though he has always dropped a few here and there, but Nigel really allows his fan to come out when talking about the indy darlings. He isn't really a heel announcer, but multiple times last night when Cole, who has been presented as a heel, was hanging near the cage and Mauro brought up the no escape rule, Nigel went into full defense mode and talked about how Cole wasn't wanting to escape, he was just using all the available offensive options to him. It's a refreshing touch.

So they've raided the women's division again and they still don't have any better ideas than debuting them all at once as the world's least coherent faction.

I may well be alone on this but I was a big fan of Ruby Riot and I don't think they quite utilised her as much as they could or should have. I suppose it's now NXT's destiny to have a rotating cast of six women at any one time, three of whom are a bit shit.

But yeah, we may start seeing some of MYC signees.

The dump truck full of money must have got stuck in traffic on its way to Toni Storm's house.

I may well be alone on this but I was a big fan of Ruby Riot and I don't think they quite utilised her as much as they could or should have. I suppose it's now NXT's destiny to have a rotating cast of six women at any one time, three of whom are a bit shit.

But yeah, we may start seeing some of MYC signees.

The dump truck full of money must have got stuck in traffic on its way to Toni Storm's house.

I'm on the Ruby train too, and I agree that she was under utilized in NXT. She showed up with no hype in that 8 man tag to fight Sanity, then just sort toiled around with random matches and a tease of a heel turn after her match with Ember. You know how I feel about Ember, but Ruby eclipses her in almost every way other than being trained by Booker T. Hopefully her main roster run is much better than her NXT run.

The odd thing about Storm is that she voluntarily went to WWE tryouts when they were in Australia, so she certainly has WWE ambitions. No idea why she isn't signed. She probably makes a comfortable living on the women's indy circuit and in Japan, but she is a star.

I'm on the Ruby train too, and I agree that she was under utilized in NXT. She showed up with no hype in that 8 man tag to fight Sanity, then just sort toiled around with random matches and a tease of a heel turn after her match with Ember. You know how I feel about Ember, but Ruby eclipses her in almost every way other than being trained by Booker T. Hopefully her main roster run is much better than her NXT run.
Ruby is rather good, and I'm hoping the lack of use in NXT will equate to better use on Smackdown. To be fair the NXT women who got called up to Smackdown last time seemingly fared better than the RAW women. Hopefully that trend continues.

You know how I feel about Ember, but Ruby eclipses her in almost every way other than being trained by Booker T. Hopefully her main roster run is much better than her NXT run.
I see what you did there.

I find it interesting that of the five call ups, only Ruby was really considered "good." Sarah is pretty good based on her indy work, but outside the MYC and maybe a handful of random matches she did nothing in NXT. THose two were the only two that I think did any real indy wrestling, the other three were all basically green as goose shit when they got to the PC.

So they've raided the women's division again and they still don't have any better ideas than debuting them all at once as the world's least coherent faction.

x2

Liv and Rose as a Blonde Bombshell team, perhaps as back up to Alexa or Ruby leading Sonya and Logan in a Fight Club team would have made sense.

Unless the whole thing is a NXT invasion, neither faction makes any sense.

I assumed they would dovetail at some point and be a unified front across the two brands, but maybe I'm giving the E' too much credit. I mean surely they're not so creatively bankrupt to have two groups of three debut in nigh on exactly the same manner involving five call-ups and a return for Paige...right? Right?

Really odd selections, odd combinations. Not just that but both groups go

Pale chick
Pretty blonde chick
Tough chick.

Woof.

I echo the sentiment that Ruby had at least another year down in NXT were she could have been useful.

Liv and Sonya are both about 2 years away from being properly prepared to anywhere near a main roster spot.

I had assumed that someone who looked like Mandy Rose (see; created in a lab) but was not featuring on TV regularly had to be so bad she was downright dangerous to herself and others.

Also how the fuck do you call up 5 people and none of them are ICONIC.

Oh Well, bring on Abbey Laithe, Alpha Female, The Kiwi chick, Rhea Ripley.

NXT
Date: November 22, 2017
Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Mauro Ranallo

We’re finally getting to the end of the Houston tapings with a pair of dark matches from this weekend’s Takeover: WarGames. Therefore, aside from the two matches, expect a lot of recaps from Saturday. That’s not the worst thing in the world though and lets the main stories take a breather. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

A Sweet End

Your review confirms that I do indeed remember this happening and it wasn't just me imagining it, but any reason why they dropped the whole kinda supernatural, sorta mysterious, maybe she is a werewolf gimmick with Ember?

Барбоса;5765595 said:
Unless the whole thing is a NXT invasion, neither faction makes any sense.

Not necessarily.

The RAW invading faction makes sense. Sonya & Mandy were both contestants on the Tough Enough season that Paige was a judge. Also, Sonya & Mandy are known to be best friends. With Paige wanting to make a huge return, why not grab two girls who know each other, know Paige and are hungry for an opportunity to use as lackies for her when she goes to reclaim her division. With girls like Nia, Asuka and Alexa Bliss on the roster, all of whom are massive threats, why not get a little back-up?

The Smackdown invading faction, however, is honestly just three girls from NXT doing the same thing as the RAW team. The only good thing from that is more Ruby Riot on my screen. Liv & Sarah aren't bad but I'm looking forward to Ruby more than anything.

Your review confirms that I do indeed remember this happening and it wasn't just me imagining it, but any reason why they dropped the whole kinda supernatural, sorta mysterious, maybe she is a werewolf gimmick with Ember?

If they dropped it, they dropped it on the same night she debuted when they showed her having an excruciatingly awkward conversation backstage with Bayley.

It went wrong with Ember Moon when she was injured and they kept showing her in a hoodie backstage. I’ve not seen anything like that since TNA used to show Sting getting out of his car with no make up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back