The sad tale of Johran McCormick

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ing-him-in-bed-with-his-daughter-9194397.html

A father shot dead his daughter’s 17-year-old boyfriend after finding him in her bedroom at night.

Police said Johran McCormick died when the girl’s unnamed father mistook him for an intruder and shot him in Harris County, Texas.

The 16-year-old girl allegedly snuck Johran into her room without permission. Her father was then awoken by one of his four children, who told him there was someone else in the house.

According to detectives, the man then picked up his gun and went to his daughter’s room to investigate.

After finding Johran there, his daughter immediately denied knowing him, leading to an argument between him and the boy.

Her father called police before an argument broke out. He then opened fire when the teen dropped his hands as if to pick something up. 1

Police said Johran, who died at the scene, was unarmed.

His mother Zakia told KHOU 11 News on Friday: “I have never felt pain like this. Ever.”

"He didn't deserve to die like that."

Harris County Officials have said they will present their findings to the Harris County Grand Jury for its consideration.

So basically:
Kid is snuck into his girlfriends bedroom.
The Dad hears and brings his gun.
The daughter denies knowing who he is.
The Dad kills him.
Daughter says after she did know him.

The father won't be charged because Texas and the daughter will get off scott free as well.

Thoughts on this?

Johran's death is most definitely tragic, but mostly because he was so young.

If you have children, teach them that sneaking into someone's house for any reason can get them shot. I realize that when booty calls, few men are wise and mature enough to weigh the potential for unfortunate circumstances against the pay off of getting laid.

Obviously the one person who needs to do some soul searching is the girl. Maybe Johran persisted until she told him to use his own judgement, either way she could have fessed up to her Dad. I'm pretty sure she knew that her Dad was willing to gun down Johran if she said that she didn't know him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back