The Wrestlezone Women's Tournament Rules and Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, all of this talk on why you should vote for the Japanese wrestlers over the WWE Diva's is kinda making me want to vote for the WWE Diva's. I dont think it should be necessary to talk people into voting for one person, it is a matter of there opinion, whoever they think should win the match, they should vote for.

It's funny that you say that seeing as not so long ago you said this:
Your going to have to keep pushing this hard or else Trish is going to get the win. Most people will just vote based on the name they know, they know Trish so she will get votes, hopefully your campeigning will stop this from happening,
So is it stupid to vote for the wrestler you know over the wrestler you won't bother to learn about?
I will vote for what I know.
Oh, okay.

Maybe the campaign took an ugly turn and you changed your mind. You should remember that many of the first few comments regarding this tournament claimed that no one on this board would vote for Japanese performers, and then the prediction poll had Trish winning huge over some of the most talented women in the business. It shouldn't come as a surprise that some fans rallied around their favorites from Japan or Mexico or the indys. This backlash from WWE fans saying that they will vote for divas because of other's posts when they would have likely voted for divas anyway is laughable.

The only thing that is making me want to vote for Trish is the campeigning has become so rediculous I am getting annoyed of it. I agreed with the campeigning until a point, but I feel people are basically being called stupid now for wanting to vote for Trish, that is agrivating me because everybody is entitiled to there opinion. That is why my opinion is slightly changed.

Question-When are we going to be allowed to vote?

The only thing that is making me want to vote for Trish is the campeigning has become so rediculous I am getting annoyed of it. I agreed with the campeigning until a point, but I feel people are basically being called stupid now for wanting to vote for Trish, that is agrivating me because everybody is entitiled to there opinion. That is why my opinion is slightly changed.

Question-When are we going to be allowed to vote?

"I" never called anyone stupid for wanting to vote for Trish, the whole point of the campaign to try and get people to research on names that they wouldn't know, and to gives those names a chance

I get called "biased" by people but yet those same people turn around and claim that they have no intention of doing research and that their just going to vote for the more popular choice anyway

late tonight when I get home from work, I'll start releasing the next set of 1st round matches, and turn polls on for the matches that have already been named

So the fur has flown and the dust has settled, how about a little first round round-up. This is completely my own take and opinion on the tournament so far, but if you beg to differ please speak up.

The Good: Lot’s of great performers including inactive and foreign wrestlers made it through to the second round. Some of them I was fairly sure of. I don’t think Awesome Kong, Del Rey, Lacey, or Alundra winning their match ups was a surprise considering their opposition. Nakano, Yokota, Molly Holly, and Toyota all proved that a retired or semi-retired star has what it takes to over come active wrestlers, and I honestly wasn’t sure how some of those match ups would be voted on.

The Bad: Lioness Asuka loses to Mickie James. This one killed me a little. I thought that my favorite half of the crush gals had proven enough to take on the diva and win. Of course diva fans aren’t going to vote against the current champ, but I was still hoping. Megumi Kudo loses to Trinity. Where were you hardcore fans? I think Trinity was good, but she only wrestled for a few years. Kudo was a legend in the 90’s amongst death match aficionados. I’m talking cool, old school, FMW death match and not 100,000 light tubes and a weed whacker death match. Lita squeaks by Moolah. I think Moolah should get to the second round on principle alone. I know, I know it’s based on in ring ability but I think Moolah put on many highly entertaining matches and that should count.

The Ugly: Yoshida vs. Trish. I think the battle over this one was better than the match that would have occurred. Only true marks would vote for Trish or only marks who are trying to not look like such marks would vote for Yoshida. From this one match there was a joshi backlash that affected the voting throughout the tournament to the point where people actually voted for Rockin’ Robin against Aja freaking Kong. My favorite assertion was that voters couldn’t possibly inform themselves about a wrestler by watching a few youtube matches, but someone who hasn’t seen any matches from that wrestler could have a valid opinion on the outcome. Tell you what, if you don’t feel confident about your ability to research one of the participants, Don’t Vote! In all honesty I think that Yoshida has a better move set, is more physical, and has better ring psychology than Trish and should have won. However, I don’t think that Trish should have started as the last seed in the AJW bracket. If she had been placed in WWE or even in TNA, I think we could have reasonable discussions about how her overall success would carry her through as well as her ability to hang with those ladies stylistically. If AJW bracket was strictly performers who had worked in Japan, than it would have been easier to discuss what might have happened if they battled in their primes.

Having said that, I think Aphelion has done a great job setting this thing up and I’m looking forward to the rest of it. There's my little rant.

Is this tournament still going or has it been abandoned? It hasn't been a huge success. Not that I'm surprised. Like I said in the Board Room. If people don't want to talk about Japanese males, then they won't talk about Japanese females. For a first time tournament it really should have consisted of more if not just TNA & WWE talent. The original males tournament wouldn't have been as successful the first time round if it had had the wrestlers that were involved in the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back