TNA Hartford, Round 3, Match 2: #5 Roddy Piper vs. #12. AJ Styles

Piper vs. Styles

• Rowdiness

• Phenomenalness

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TnA Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Hartford, CT.

#5. Rowdy Roddy Piper
piper_wm6.jpg

vs.

#12. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
TNA_Wing-AJ_Styles.jpg

UPSET! I'm picking AJ Styles. Simply because Piper is a brawler and the object of brawling is to keep your opponent near you. Styles is quick, a high flyer, and can hit you with some powerful moves.

If Piper can keep AJ on the ground, then the Rowdy One can win it, but I don't see this happening in the atmosphere of TNA, which is the breeding ground for Styles.

It's the Styles Clash, FTW.

Aj goes through here,and not with much trouble.I never saw much in Hotrod,but he is good on the mike and has provided some great moments.But very few,if any,wrestling related.Except with Mr.T maybe.That's saying something.And here is why AJ wins:

1)Firstly,AJ is in T-N-fucking A.He is Mr.TNA,the golden boy of the promotion.He will easily wrestle in the hexagon and outclass Piper.

2)Aj is faster.He is the greatest X division wrestler there was,is and ever will be.He will speed past Roddy and hit him fast and hard.Roddy won't know what hit him,except for AJs forearm.

3)AJ is stronger and a better mat wrestler.AJ is in no way a spot monkey cruiserweight.He can suplex Sting,Angle and Joe with relative ease.He has a great technical side to his abilities.

4)AJ is a better high flyer.I know you might say it doesn't matter,but I had to add it in,just to prove a point.AJ can use the flying forearm,Stylin' DDt and even the incredible Spiral tap.

AJ is better in every way that matters for this contest,and the Hotrod will be defeated by the phenomenal one before he beats the game.

Roddy Piper is a great heel, but he did end up losing the majority of his big time feuds. He wa an excellent brawler, for sure, but in AJ Styles you have one of the most celebrated and versatile high flying wrestlers ever.

The TNA ring was made for guys like Styles, and I can completely see him going over Piper here, after being beaten down early on in the match. Styles wins here, and moves on to what will hopefully be an excellent match against Dynamite Kid, but likely be a WWE vs. TNA battle with HHH.

Has to be AJ here. We're in TNA, FFS. The six-sided ring gives so much more opportunity for AJ's style to take off, and although I'm not the biggest fan of his work, he offers a lot more in this region than Piper, who was just a brawler. AJ would find him out: he's much more the complete package. In every area except charisma, and that doesn't really count, does it?

If this were anywhere but TNA, AJ loses. However, AJ is without a doubt the biggest star in TNA's history and it's not even close. Angle and Joe have the TNA triple crown, AJ needs another world title win to do it four times. He is the undisputed golden child of TNA and can more than hang with any wrestler in the world. Piper is without a doubt a legend and was a catalyst for the initial boom of Hulkamania, but he is out of his element here against the true TNA King. Piper goes home and we get the showdown we've all been waiting for: HHH vs. AJ Styles.

AJ's a better athlete, is quicker, faster, more agile, and at the very least equal in terms of strength. AJ is just the better wrestler in the ring. Now hopefully when(if) he goes on to face HHH in the next round the match will be an Ultimate X match and not a monsters ball match.

AJ is the heart and soul of TNA. Some would even go as far as to saying that he is like The Undertaker of TNA. Not in wrestling ability or anything like that, but people Consider The Undertaker as Vince's most loyal worker. Well people consider AJ Styles as the most loyal worker that Dixie Carter and JJ have.

Roddy Piper would give him a very good fight but AJ Styles will win this match because he is a much quicker wrestler than Piper and You also have to throw in the fact that this is a 6-sided ring, something that Roddy Piper might not be as familiar with. In the other hand Styles has been wrestling with TNA and in the 6-sided ring since its beginning. So styles will be able to use that to his advantage because Piper will have to take sometime to adjust and he is not going to feel as comfortable in the ring because he is used to the 4-sided ring.

My vote is on Styles, but I think that Piper will give him a good fight.

I have to give this to Styles, even though I don't like the guy whatsoever. To me, Piper is one of the best talkers in the history of the business, but his in-ring capabilities I think are a bit overrated. Piper is a good brawler, but I've seen much much better. Piper is also a decent technical wrestler but, again, I've seen much much better. I could listen to Piper go on one of those rants of his for hours, once he got started he just sucked you into the promos and interviews. Overall though, I've just never really been impressed with him as a wrestler. He'll give AJ a decent go of it, but Styles will take it in about the 10 or 12 minute mark.

Piper is one of the world's greatest heels, while AJ is one of TNA's greatest babyfaces. The feud behind this match would be legendary, and they weould put on one hell of a show. However, when it comes down to it, AJ will win this with a beautiful Styles Clash, leaving Piper on the mat, probably bloodied, with a ref down in the corner, and the fans on their feet.

Who makes these damn matches?!? Holy shit...how I am supposed to pick a winner in this one? I had to whip out my original Top 100 list to reference for starters and I did rank Piper 8 spots that Styles. But this match takes place in TNA. That does make a huge difference. Even though I feel that Piper may be an all around better wrestler than AJ, I'm not sure that the circumstances surrounding this match are conducive to a Piper victory. AJ's aerial assault may prove too much for Piper to deal with. This would be a VERY close match, but I'm going to have to chalk this one up to home field advantage.

Styles wins. I think.

I will vote for piper. People forget the younger stronger piper that headlined the first two wrestlemanias. THE FIRST TWO WRESTLEMANIAS. aj styles can't even headline tna anymore. lol

A heel piper vs. a babyface AJ Styles would be freaking awesome. The only reason I am voting for AJ is because the guy is simply bad ass in the TNA Ring. Piper is great, very under appreciated as far as ring work goes, but he's up against someone whose athleticism strikes me in awe every time I watch him in the ring. AJ is at home in the six sided ring, and I just can't see Piper walking away with a W.

Hmm, this is a tough one.

Piper's younger days are legendary, AJ's current days may become legendary. I really do like this guy. Also didnt Aj give Sting a good beating, I mean I know this is the current day Sting but that's still quite impressive.

I think Piper will do what Piper does best, and that is make a babyface look like gold.

My votes with AJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back