TNA: Hartford Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Come in here to discuss the Hartford Sub-regional, headlined by the Game Triple H, remember, all matches take place in the six sided ring.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Hartford, CT
4. "The Game" Triple H
61. Stan "The Man" Stasiak

29. Barry Windham
36. Bobo Brazil

13. "The Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington
52. Mil Mascaras

20. Dustin Rhodes/Goldust
45. Michael "P.S." Hayes

5. "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper
60. Santino Marella

28. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock
37. Ole Anderson

12. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
53. Fritz Von Erich

21. M.V.P.
44. Demolition's Ax

Round 2
Hartford, CT.

4. Triple H
29. Barry Windham

13. Tom Billington
20. Dustin Rhodes

5. Roddy Piper
28. Ken Shamrock

12. AJ Styles
21. MVP

Round 3 Matches:

4. Triple H
13. Tom Billington

5. Roddy Piper
12. AJ Styles

Styles wins. HHH is great, but AJ is hardly bad. In his home ring, how can you go against him? Piper would just be lost in there. His tactics are rarely great in the ring to begin with, and if you have Styles flying around he'd just be out of his element and would go down. HHH and Styles would be a massacre anywhere else, but he's the golden boy of TNA. You put him in front of those fans against a guy that is the poster boy of TNA's enemy in HHH, how can he not go over?

Piper was great, but I wouldn't put him over Triple H in any type of match. He pissed people off as a heel, but Triple H beats him here. But this is 6 sides here. I really can't see the game playing in the new dimension. AJ Styles is the master of TNA, beating him out on his crosshairs. AJ Styles is at home in TNA, and it will be interesting to see who takes him out.

This is going to be a doozy if Triple H and AJ Styles make it to the finals. Styles is a great wrestler and would have the TNA crowd behind him but I don't think that matters much to HHH. He has that vicious streak in him so if the right match comes across especially if it's a Hell in a Cell or Last Man Standing Match I think he would use his trusty sledgehammer to win this region.

Styles is a huge favorite. He's a top dog of TNA and has been for years, probably their best "home grown" talent, along with Joe. Stacked up with either Piper or HHH, both of whom are great wrestlers and would probably take this region, were it in the WWE, but it's TNA and that favors Styles 100 %. No one is more versed with the style of TNA than he is, and you can't beat that. Experience can sometimes be the whole match, and while Triple H and Piper would walk into a TNA ring with no experience, Styles would have years. Factor that in with the fact that Styles is a phenomenal (pun intended) wrestler in his own right, well...you've got the perfect man to take this region and if Joe doesn't get seeded here, potentially the entire TNA region.

This is looking very interesting. The TNA ring certainly favours speed and high flyers, hence AJ's successes in the company. I can see AJ prevailing against Rowdy Roddy Piper, and given that there is very few contemporary wrestlers that HHH has never beaten, and most of the people from the past who he would have struggled against have already been seeded, you've got to think he should make it through to round 4 too.

This is where it gets interesting. It moves into the Impact Zone, which certainly works in Styles' favour. It all rests on the gimmick. However, I think AJ will probably scrape a narrow victory in most match types, before advancing to Round 5, and potentially the tournament semi-finals.

Piper got about as bad as a draw as anyone, except for Andre in ECW. He was a great heel, but wasn't great in the ring. He'll win a match or two, but he won't get much further.

I can't think of anyone that could be a bracket buster here to take out Triple H or AJ Styles, and it's just a matter of waiting before we are debating who'd win. AJ definitely has home-turf, and can use the 6-sided ring better than anyone. Triple H is just as good in the ring, but the time needed to adjust may spell the end for him.

If Triple H wins, he better hope he draws Monster's Ball, or else his biggest achievement will be knocking off AJ in TNA. If AJ wins, he better hope he gets the Ultimate X, or the same will be said of him beating Triple H.

I think NSL has it right; it's gonna come down to Triple H and AJ Styles in the finals, and if that's the case, then the gimmick will decide the winner. Monster's Ball suits Triple H better, but an Ultimate X match pretty much ensures a win the The Prince of Phenomenal.

HOWEVER, we still have no idea who else will is in this thing, so we've still don't know if there's going to be a dark horse in the TNA region.

Oh cmmon! I know Styles isnt bad, but to even suggest he would go over HHH is absoloutaly ridicolous. HHH is a superior wrestler in almost every way - storytelling, selling, drawing, psycology, even charisma.

Even ignoring all of that and looking at them as wrestlers, HHH is stronger, and has made a career going over guys AJ's size. Oh wow HHH has to adapt to the shape of the ring... Is it really going to matter? HHH's wrestling style of ground, and pound in the most part isn't going to be effected. Sure AJ may be able to hit a few of his big spots on him, but thats it. Everyone knows it will end with a pedigree whatever the gimmick. As for the ultimate X match, yeah it favours AJ, but HHH isn't at a huge disadvantage as it might seem, HHH has competed in ladder matches before, and he definantly had the athletism to win the match - its just HHH's style doesnt show off his athletism in the same way AJ's does which is v. in your face because he's hitting a spot every 30 seconds.

Triple H is unlucky to have drawn the TNA region. However at the same time, he is a great wrestler. Good enough to beat Styles in his own backyard? Maybe. It will depend on a lot, but really either could deserve it. I'd liek to see Styles go through because he's underrated for a TNA wrestler, and it's a possibility with the amount of "Triple H is only champion because he married Stephanie!" posters on the boards.

Styles obviously has thee advantage here, as it is the TNA region with TNA ring and rules. Of course I'll need to do some more research on Styles before voting.

Rowdy Piper had it back in the day, and I just hope that his sporadic apperances now don't harm his chances of what he was like inhis prime. Also Triple H should do well, but I can't see it happening, by in large to the IWC's hatred of him.

I like Dynamite Kid, but the fact he'd have to go through Triple H doesn't help him at all. Without the level of popularity of a lot of other guys that aren't yet mentioned, he may even be an early exit. It's a shame, but it's still the truth.

It'll be interesting to see how he will fare against a TNA wrestler if he comes up against one, and how he'll do against anyone else unfamiliar with the ring.

Billington will lose when he gets to HHH. He's scrappy and good, but HHH will win after a decent match. Without Davey to back him up, Billington is Benoit with an English accent and not as solid in the ring. He might be willing to do more to win, but against a master like HHH, that's not going to be enough. Bounced in the third round.

Jake must be furious at the fact that Billington is likely going out without a fight. And that's a shame, as Billington was the original "innovator" of Professional Wrestling, I do believe.

A.J. Styles has the advantage with being in T.N.A. and knowing his way around the ring more than anyone else in this sub-region. (thus far) But he'll have his hands full with the powerful and aggressive Triple H.

Styles can't match power, but he has shown an incredible endurance and intense reaction to bigger opponents. I think Triple H. will have his loyal supporters, and haters.

In real life, Styles honestly shouldn't even stand a chance against Triple H., as Styles has made a living out of defeating a bunch of glorified cruiserweights, with the exceptional big guy. Kurt Angle being the exception, of course.

I see AJ making it to the finals here. In his own ring that he knows how to manuver in and knows all the stuff about it he shouldn't loose. HHH is good but to you honestly see him beating 2 Jeff hardys ( AJ is twice as good as Jeff Hardy IMO) at the same time? No. Should be a good region tho. But I do suspect a AJ and HHH final.

I'm goimng to have to say that HHH will pick up a victory here with the pedigree n Styles just for the fact that HHH is more over than Styles just because of his experience. Piper and Billington won't get past the other two.

In real life, Styles honestly shouldn't even stand a chance against Triple H., as Styles has made a living out of defeating a bunch of glorified cruiserweights, with the exceptional big guy. Kurt Angle being the exception, of course.

Scott Steiner, Sting, Raven, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown, James Storm, Jeff Jarrett, Booker T, Christian Cage, Abyss (in a six sides of steel nonetheless). All bigger than Angle.

And stop trying to draw me into argument before the tournament, you impatient bastard.

Even with HHH in this region, I fail to see how AJ doesn't win here. HHH's only chance is to face him in Monsters' Ball. That would make it almost to close to call

AJ Styles is TNA. The homegrown talent, the future of the company and ridiculously talented in his own right. I'd say it puts him on level pegging with HHH and his thirteen World titles.

I would dismiss without any consideration any arguement or notion that suggests he is a flippy spot monkey as his record suggests otherwise and can be backed up many times over.

I'd also put forward the idea that he has achieved more at his time in TNA than HHH did at the same age in WWE. Forgetting the point about Stephanie, HHH had to wait a long time to become the recognisable face of his company.

But when it happens, it's going to be one of the hottest matches of the entire tournament.

How are people not giving credit to the man who i believe just may be the smartest guy in the whole tournament....The Game, HHH. He's proven time and time again that in any big match envirnment that he is gonna bring his A game. He's beaten virtually everyone in the business and he has done it in so many different types of matches. You can say Ultimate X he doesnt have a good shot, but was he suppose to have a shot against Cactus Jack back at Rumble 2000 or in Hell in the Cell. The man has overcame the odds and won how many elimination chambers??? If its Monster's Ball, AJ is done, The Game will cripple him if he has to without blinking. And if its Ultimate X, do you really think HHH wont have something up his sleeve? You know the Sledgehammer will be close by and he's not the Cebral Assassin for nothing. He will wuin by any means and is not going to care one bit if he is cheered or booed.

Goldust didn't get a bad draw, but he probably could've landed in a better bracket. Not only is a he a solid in-ring performer, and has a finisher that could cripple any man, but he's already accustomed to the 6-sided ring.

If he pulls off the win over Dynamite Kid, it certainly wouldn't be an upset, but it is definitely to determine who gets their butt kicked by Triple H. AJ Styles is still my favorite for this bracket, but that could change to Triple H, depending on what the gimmick match is that they face. Roddy Piper remains to be out-matched here.

MVP is an interesting addition to this region. In a WWE ring I would back him over A.J. every day of the week but in TNA it may be too tough an ask for the man. This time next yer I hope he is a main event guy and a more favourable draw could come his way.

Triple H is actually in a great spot in the top of the draw, as he really has no one that is a threat to him. Sure Windham was good, but he's not in Triple H's league. Dynamite and Goldustin could be interesting, but neither of those two have what it takes to beat the Game, despite the six sided ring.

The bottom half has just become much more interesting. Most were writing AJ Styles vs. Triple H in, but the addition of Ken Shamrock, a former NWA champion in TNA throws that all out the window. Shamrock is much like Angle, if he can grown Styles, he can beat Styles.

This is wide open, because if Shamrock wins, Triple H can beat him, but if Styles wins, it's Styles Region.

I'm in agreement with Shocky. Somehow, Ken Shamrock has the ability to make people vote for him over Styles. Yet not over Triple H. However, Styles can go over Triple H., yet not Shamrock? I don't understand the logic in that.

Shamrock is a wildcard, but I don't think people will look at him in the same light as a Kurt Angle. His overall wrestling career wasn't anything greatly rememberable.

Shamrock was a good wrestler but not as great as some of the others on here. I can see Styles beating him but it would be a challenge. Overall I see HHH winning this region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back