The TNA Region: General Discussion

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The TNA Region

The TNA Region is a region performed under the rules of Total Nonstop Action. The traditional squared circle is replaced by the six sided TNA style Ring.

The Rules: TNA for the most part has the same rules as WWE and WCW. You can be counted out and lose by disqualification, the only difference is indeed the hexagonal ring that the wrestlers will be performing in.

The Impact Zone: The fourth and fifth rounds will be held in the Impact Zone, in Orlando, FL. The fourth round will feature a random gimmick match, while the fifth round consists of two of TNA's signature matchups (well before Russo pissed on all of that). The first in the Monster's Ball, where the wrestlers competing in that match will be confined in a room without food, light, or water for 24 hours prior to their matchup, and the second, the Ultimate X match where the winners will have to retrieve a briefcase from the X set up.

Matchups.
The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Orlando, FL
1. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
64. Nailz

32. Kenta Kobashi
33. Robert Roode

16. C.M. Punk
49. Val Venis

17. "Lord" William Regal
48. "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

8. "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam
57. Jamie Noble

25. "The War Machine" Rhyno
40. Gorgeous George

9. Scott Hall
56. "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff

24. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
41. "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Hartford, CT
4. "The Game" Triple H
61. Stan "The Man" Stasiak

29. Barry Windham
36. Bobo Brazil

13. "The Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington
52. Mil Mascaras

20. Dustin Rhodes/Goldust
45. Michael "P.S" Hayes

5. "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper
60. Santino Marella

28. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock
37. Ole Anderson

12. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
53. Fritz Von Erich

21. M.V.P.
44. Demolition's Ax

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Charlotte, NC
2. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
63. Blackjack Mulligan

31. Giant Baba
34. Nikolai Volkoff

15. "The Iceman" Dean Malenko
50. King Kong Bundy

18. Matt Hardy
47. Antonino Rocca

7. "The Beast From the East" Bam Bam Bigelow
58. "The Road Dogg" Jesse James

26. "The Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison
39. "The All-American American" Jack Swagger

10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
55. Frankie Kazarian

23. The Big Bossman
42. Road Warrior Animal

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Winnipeg, MB
3. "The 2008 Superstar of the Year" Chris Jericho
62. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton

30. "The Living Legend" Larry Zybszko
35. Low Ki/Senshi

14. Bob Backlund
51. Ed "The Strangler" Lewis

19. Lance Storm
46. Carlos Colon

6. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
59. The Barbarian

27. Vince McMahon
38. Jumbo Tsuruta

11. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner
54. Ahmed Johnson

22. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
43. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Round 2.
Orlando, Fl.

1. Randy Savage
32. Kenta Kobashi

16. CM Punk
17. William Regal

8. Rob Van Dam
25. Rhino

9. Scott Hall
24. Greg Valentine

Round 2
Hartford, CT.

4. Triple H
29. Barry Windham

13. Tom Billington
20. Dustin Rhodes

5. Roddy Piper
28. Ken Shamrock

12. AJ Styles
21. MVP

Round 2 Matchups.
Charlotte, NC.

2. The Nature Boy Ric Flair
31. Giant Baba

15. Dean Malenko
18. Matt Hardy

7. Bam Bam Bigelow
26. John Morrison

10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
23. The Big Bossman

Round 2 Matches:

Winnipeg, MB.

3. Chris Jericho
30. Larry Zybszko

14. Bob Backlund
19. Lance Storm

6. Ted DiBiase
38. Jumbo Tsuruta

11. Scott Steiner
22. JBL

Round 3.

Orlando, Fl.
1. Randy Savage
16. CM Punk

8. Rob Van Dam
9. Scott Hall

Round 3 Matches:

4. Triple H
13. Tom Billington

5. Roddy Piper
12. AJ Styles

Round 3 Matches:
Charlotte.
2. Ric Flair
15. Dean Malenko

7. Bam Bam Bigelow
10. Jake Roberts

Winnipeg, MB
3. Chris Jericho
14. Bob Backlund

6. Ted DiBiase
11. Scott Steiner

As official spokesperson for TNA on WrestleZone - y'know, if Disco Inferno isn't online - I would like to say that it is my sincere hope that an active TNA wrestler makes it into this region as soon as possible.

I mean, Jericho, Flair, Savage and Triple H hardly scream TNA, do they? This is the region where a Samoa Joe, an AJ Styles, a Hernandez or perhaps even a Jeff Jarrett could make a big upset. I'll make it my business for there to be an upset.

That's my issue with the brackets so far: it's WAY too early to tell. Once you get down to the final 16 of a region, seedings mean dick. Savage is the #1 seed. That's fine. He deserves it. But suppose Styles is the 10 seed and they hook up in the later rounds. Are you telling me Styles isn't the huge favorite? It's really hard to tell who the favorite is here so early, but if it comes down to those four, 80s Savage would roll over them all in that enviroment.

It is too early to be sure, but right now you're looking at nearly 40 world title reigns out of the four top seeds. That's an insane number for any region, let alone the top four.

These four are good enough to compensate for the six sided ring. Really, it's not that big of a deal with this talent. Right nwo, it's hard to pick a winner out of this lot, because I think the four are evenly matched. I think if I had to say a weak link it would be Jericho, but that speaks to the strength of this region.

Its funny you say that shocky, becuase I saw Jericho as the person here who uses the most rope based offense, with various springboard maneuvers. Given that, merely basing it on enviornment, Id say Jericho is the most benefitted by this region

I think 2 of the biggest wrestlers of all time, especially with title wins here are at huge disadvantages. Triple H is going to get clothlined from all angles in this match against Savage and Jericho. Flair is going to be lost in the match. But Jericho and 80s Savage, which I can see him reverting to are going to fly in this new environment. But really, if we get a TNA guy up in the top 6 or 7, they will have a huge advantage.

This all comes down to Round 5 for me. We're all assuming this is going to be an Ultimate X match. In that environment, I'd give the edge to Jericho, and then Savage. A younger Flair would make it interesting, but I don't see him faring well in that match. Triple H is "The Game" for a reason, and would find a way to make the match work.

But, what if it's a Monster's Ball? Triple H, the "Cerebral Assassin" is the clear winner, and walks to the finals. No one would be as prepared for that kind of match as Triple H. Jericho would probably do well, but wouldn't stand a chance against Helmsley. Savage and Flair have never seen anything like this before, and would be outmatched quickly.

This is a really interesting bracket, because no one here has ever really been in TNA (yeah, Savage did whatever, but it hardly counts). Honestly? If any of Savage, Flair, Jericho, or Triple H meets a successful TNA guy, say Jarrett, Styles, or Joe, I would absolutely put one of them over these WCW/WWE beasts. A six sided ring can change the game significantly, and if we step into a purely kayfabe world, even the few seconds it takes for you to adjust to the nuances could cost you a match. Styles, Joe, and Jarrett know all this - the WCW/WWE men don't. They could train as much as they like but their first match in this round will be their first match in a six-sided ring whereas big TNA guys will have had countless. I would give their experience a huge edge. But, of course, the seeding could put all of them elsewhere, so who knows. All I can say right now is that if any of the four men seeded so far meets an experienced TNA man, I'll have no hesitations to put out a heavy hitter like these men out in the first round.

My pick, Chris Jericho, is the best suited out of the four seeds for the TNA style of match. I'm predicting that he will take this bracket over a TNA guy to move on to the final four.

But, what if it's a Monster's Ball? Triple H, the "Cerebral Assassin" is the clear winner, and walks to the finals. No one would be as prepared for that kind of match as Triple H.

Much as it's down to being grossly engineered, Triple H does have a reputation of being a tough fuck. From lasting it out in Elimination Chambers to Pedigreeing Foley into thumb tacks to defeating Austin in Three Stages of Hell, he's shown he can handle the hardcore aspect of things better than the other three.

He draws Ultimate X though, and he's fucked.

Much as it's down to being grossly engineered, Triple H does have a reputation of being a tough fuck. From lasting it out in Elimination Chambers to Pedigreeing Foley into thumb tacks to defeating Austin in Three Stages of Hell, he's shown he can handle the hardcore aspect of things better than the other three.

He draws Ultimate X though, and he's fucked.

He definitely would be, unless he gets lucky and draws either a giant, or someone that he can just manhandle all over the ring. It'd still be a tough call, as he'd put up one hell of a fight, but I don't see how he could succeed in a match like that. In his earlier days, he'd at least stand a good chance, but then his power and toughness would be gone.

After the top 4 seeds are drawn , this is the region where there is a strong possibility that none of these 4 seeds would win this region.

Macho man randy savage is a very good wrestler but he is old school. and TNA is anything but old school. He was quick and agile but nowhere compared to the X division stars. He isnt powerfully built either. I can see him providing very good quality matches in a short but good run.

HHH is out of his game here. He will feal uneasy performing in an arena where the number of fans is small and the six sided ring is unfamiliar. not to mention that ultimate X puts him at a disadvantage if the other competitor is agiile. He can find himself loosing to an opponent that he has already squashed more than once in WWE (eg christian, booker etc.) or those that arent SUPERSTARS but are strongly admired by TNA fans ( AJ styles, ABYSS etc.)

RIC FLAIR is the greatest wrestler of all time in a 4 sided ring but not in a six sided ring. None of the two TNA trademark stipulations favour him. The man to upset FLAIR ( it will be an upset when viewed in retrospect but it will happen ) will carry tremendous momentum and quite possibly be the one to win the TNA region.

CHRIS JERICHO has never performed inside a six sided ring. But when he does it will be nothing but awesome. He can possibly beat men in a six sided ring who he cannot beat in a four sided ring because of power and strength disadvantage. But can he beat the men who have mastered the art of wrestling in a six sided ring and have made their name and fame and have spent the majority or the highpoint of their career in TNA (the likes of samoa joe, AJ styles and JEFF JARRETT )..........possibly no.

PREDICTION- wait for TNA wrestlers to arrive and stake claim over the TNA region winner

Whelp, it's over. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the uncrowned T.N.A. region Champion..

[youtube]OgfxTOpLBj4[/youtube]​

Rob Van Dam is easily the best overall pick for this Region as it stands. He can handle power from Triple H., and he can mix styles to blend to T.N.A.'s standards. If people are smart, they'll jump on this band wagon right now.

Triple H. is about as out of his element as Shawn Michaels in E.C.W., sure he has power, and he still has the ability to be dangerous.. but the gimmick round should finish him off. And R.V.D. can work extremely well in a hardcore setting like Monster's Ball, or a high flying match like Ultimate X. Either way, Rob Van Dam just became my new favorite for this region!

Whelp, it's over. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the uncrowned T.N.A. region Champion..

Randy Savage?

Rob Van Dam is easily the best overall pick for this Region as it stands.

By easily, you mean you're a liar, right?

He can handle power from Triple H.,

So can the Macho Man. Much more so, actually.

and he can mix styles to blend to T.N.A.'s standards.

Are you sincerely suggesting that Rob Van Dam is more versatile than the greatest all-rounder of all time?

If people are smart, they'll jump on this band wagon right now.

Ooooooh yeah! Wait, no.

And R.V.D. can work extremely well in a hardcore setting like Monster's Ball, or a high flying match like Ultimate X.

Macho Man's as agile, but stronger too. Monster's Ball I'll give you (or will I?), but not Ultimate X.

Either way, Rob Van Dam just became my new favorite for this region!

Next you'll be telling me you think Edge can beat Brock under hardcore rules.

Sam must be ready to explode at this point. Rob Van Dam in TNA's six sided ring is a scary development. If anyone can beat him though, it's easily Randy Savage as the two match up pretty evenly as far as that goes. However, RVD is an innovator and the prospective of him in TNA is deadly. the Man made it to the finals only to lose to Vader last year.

Will nailed this one. R.V.D. is easily the favorite. I don't care what has been said. Randy Savage is not as agile or quick as Rob Van Dam. That's like saying Vader is as fast as Edge. :lmao: Savage is stronger, but Van Dam is faster and this enviroment works greatly in his advantage.

So can the Macho Man. Much more so, actually.

Randy Savage during his prime was just as much of a loose cannon as he is now. He can't be guaranteed to win anything. Savage gets far too emotional in his matches, and that leads to downfalls.

Are you sincerely suggesting that Rob Van Dam is more versatile than the greatest all-rounder of all time?

R.V.D. can handle himself, and Randy Savage isn't in the same league as R.V.D. for speed, or agility. Savage might, might have a power advantage.. but then you'd be overlooking the "Van Dam lift".

Just because R.V.D. isn't "big built" doesn't mean he isn't equally as strong. And speed, agility and strength combine.. will always counter a slim jim diet.

Macho Man's as agile, but stronger too. Monster's Ball I'll give you (or will I?), but not Ultimate X.

Sometime's I get lost on your odd way of ranting. Are you saying R.V.D. would fair well in Monster's Ball more than Savage, but not in Ultimate X?

R.V.D. is Mr. Innovation. Ultimate X was the innovative match that put T.N.A. on the map. (might of been a small piece of the map, but none the less)

Savage isn't as agile or quick as R.V.D., no way, no how.

Next you'll be telling me you think Edge can beat Brock under hardcore rules.

Wrong thread. And yes.

Randy Savage during his prime was just as much of a loose cannon as he is now. He can't be guaranteed to win anything. Savage gets far too emotional in his matches, and that leads to downfalls.

Shawn Michaels cries a lot, but the dude has won one of these things. You also seem to be saying Savage didn't win consistently, but RVD did? Sure, in the bingo hall he might beat Jerry Lynn or Sabu every now and then, but when he entered the WWE it wasn't long before he was introduced to midcard mediocrity.

R.V.D. can handle himself, and Randy Savage isn't in the same league as R.V.D. for speed, or agility.

He's in the same league. Maybe not on the same level, but in the same league.

Just because R.V.D. isn't "big built" doesn't mean he isn't equally as strong. And speed, agility and strength combine.. will always counter a slim jim diet.

Thank you for endorsing Brock Lesnar so openly. But back to the topic at ha-- wait a minute, I'm debating again, aren't I?

Stay away from me, Will. My lust (for debating) is obviously too strong.

OOOOOOOOOOOH, YEAH!!! Guess who I am putting my support behind? I am definitely looking forward to what will most surely be Randy Savage vs. RVD. Hopefully I'll be able to get some points in, as something tells me that, should Savage and RVD face off, quite a few regular posters will be duking it out in the thread for their match.

Randy Savage? RVD? Who gives a shit? They're irrelevant. AJ Styles is back and he's on home turf. In a TNA ring, there's no better wrestler in the world. Which would explain how he beat Kurt Angle so consistently in it. You are, you are, I am, I am sure he'll go far.

AJ also caught a break with his seeding. Now, his biggest test before he gets to Triple H is Roddy Piper. If this were WWE or WCW, Piper may hold the edge, but it's not. I can't wait to see what gimmick match HHH and AJ will have to decide their bracket winner.

As I'm looking at the different regions inside the TNA regions, I can't help but forgetting that TNA have a 6 sided ring, in comparison to the usual 4 sided. But I also don't think it'll make much difference to the WWE/WCW wrestlers. If you can wrestle in a 4 sided one a 6 sided one won't mean anything different. I don't think. Hmm.

It gives the advantage to more agile wrestlers who take advantage of the springier ropes - or, as I'm told, elevator cables - and added sides. For example, AJ Styles might find it slightly difficult to pull off a springboard 450 splash in a WWE ring, but does it with ease in a TNA ring.

It's good that AJ added a second special move to his repertoire that doesn't require lifting, don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back