TNA: Orlando Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Come in here to discuss the Orlando Sub-Region of the TNA Region, headlined by Macho Man Randy Savage, remember, all matches take place in a six sided ring.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Orlando, FL
1. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
64. Nailz

32. Kenta Kobashi
33. Robert Roode

16. C.M. Punk
49. Val Veris

17. "Lord" William Regal
48. George Hackenschmidt

8. "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam
57. Jamie Noble

25. "The War Machine"Rhino
40. Gorgeous George

9. Scott Hall
56. "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff

24. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
41. "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera

Round 2.
Orlando, Fl.

1. Randy Savage
32. Kenta Kobashi

16. CM Punk
17. William Regal

8. Rob Van Dam
25. Rhino

9. Scott Hall
24. Greg Valentine

Round 3.

Orlando, Fl.
1. Randy Savage
16. CM Punk

8. Rob Van Dam
9. Scott Hall

Macho, all the way. He can fly with Van Dam and he can brawl with Scott Hall. The man can do it all and he made sure you knew it. A lot of people forget how great he was in the 80s. Hogan got the praise but it was Savage that did all the work. You put that kind of athleticism in the TNA ring and it's amazing to see. Van Dam would make a mistake and it would be time for the elbow to fly. Hall was overrated to me, and Savage would beat him in a solid WCW match.

If we are talking Razor Ramon, he has some what of a chance. Not a great one, but some what of one. I just see RVD being able to take him out with some great moves. But RVD vs 80s Macho Man in the 6 sided ring is going to be very interesting. I'll give it to Randy, but Rob has a great chance here.

I want to see Savage/Van Dam in the finals but I think Rob will get upset somewhere. Savage has everything down pat: technical and high-flying ability. I'm not worried about him in a gimmick match as much as I do others so Savage should win this region unless he comes up against the wrong opponent.

Randy Savage is my pick for the tournament. He certainly could have had an easier start to the tournament, but I think he should prevail here.

Savage has the unusual advantage of having all five of the first five rounds in his hometown, by virtue of living near the Impact Zone. RVD and Hall will be a tight match, but I think that RVD's quick style would suit the TNA ring better than that of Hall, but it is tight.

I think given home advantage, and the fact that of all the pre-1990 wrestlers in the tournament he would be best suited to more modern gimmick matches, Savage will beat Van Dam convincingly in this round, setting up a potentially superb match against AJ Styles or HHH.

RVD lucked out by landing in TNA. If he had landed in WWE or WCW, he'd be done early, but now he gets to use the ring to his advantage.

Scott Hall shouldn't be overlooked, as he started as a powerhouse in AWA before getting to the top of his game as Razor Ramon. He skated by in WCW on reputation, and it all caught up to him in TNA. He'll win a few matches, but isn't built for the gimmick matches like Monster's Ball or Ultimate X.

Macho Man is still in a league of his own here. He's got everything you need to be successful in that ring, and now has 6 corners to deliver the elbow drop from. If people remember Savage from his days as Macho King, and not Steroid King, he should coast through until at least RVD. I wouldn't say he'd win in a landslide, but it'd be a hell of a match.

Macho Man here, but it won't be easy. A match with RVD or Hall would be an instant classic, with RVD being a dark horse to upset Savage, should RVD manage to get enough of the new age fans' votes.

Shit. I'm rooting for both RVD and Macho Man so this could get tricky for me if they both make it through. Macho is a legend and his charisma and in ring is top notched, while RVD is a great innovator, fan favorite, and can easily move around the ring with ease. I think TNA's ring gives RVD a slight advantage but I think Macho could easily adapt. And Razor Roman is also a strong compeitior but I think Hall's later years will eventually outshine what he could achieve as Razor.

I think Macho will be the winner of this division but if RVD supporters can rally for him, it could be close. But unlike Savage I don't think RVD is a lock, he could go out earlier if people who believe his just a choregraphed spot monkey campagin against him.

I'd like to see Van Dam go over Savage. I've never been a fan of his. I'm not saying he wasn't great, but he never connected with him. Van Dam and Savage are close to equal in strength, but Van Dam is far faster, versitile, and quicker. I'd give the expierence factor to Savage, though. People keep talking about the elbow, but when it comes to flying..

No one gets higher than R.V.D.

Randy Savage has been nicknamed the best all-round wrestler in the business. While that's debatable, he is one of the best, and I don't think RVD has what it takes to beat him. I like both Hall and RVD, but Savage is the champion here, he should fly through this round.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh yeah....Macho Man is severely underated as a whole, largely forgotten, and this region deserves to be his.

I can see RVD putting up a good fight, he does have some good support on these forums...but Hall, I just don't like him. However, it is kayfabe so it is for that reason that he can push forth.

Randy Savage is in his backyard, almost, as this will take place in Florida. While I'm unsure how much that will or won't effect him. His toughest opponent as it stands, might actually be Scott Hall.

Rob Van Dam might be the best of the three inside the 6-sided ring, dispite both Hall and Savage actually having wrestled in it. That of course is because R.V.D. isn't at a disadvantage anywhere there's ropes.

Hall is a more brawl-worthy type opponent, who will try and use his strength to beat you down, then finish you off. Savage, in his "prime" was a lot like a cruiserweight. He'd take a beating, yet hang in there with speed and quickness. He also has a lot of technical ablities and strength.

Orignally, I picked R.V.D. to be a deep threat, but the fact is it's definately hard to overlook Randy Savage in anything.

This is a real hard one. Randy at his best would probably beat anyone ever ( even if HHH said he was going to win). RVD at his best could not beat the top people. But this is a TNA ring and would Randy be confused in this ring? Would he just say were am I meant to go and that or would he just do what he normaly does? It's a tought one but I will say Randy Savage will win. RVD as a bit of a chance and Scott Hall as no chance at all. Randy is just too good.

if this was ECW then RVD all the way but it's not so we're going to see the macho man take the win. Hall was a possobility but no, Macho man seals a win with the Elbow drop on Hall.

CM Punk adds an interesting dark horse to this region. I still say Macho Man is the favorite to take this bracket, but he can run in to trouble if CM Punk gets on a roll. He'll win, but it'll be close. How close should determine how much trouble he has with RVD.

If somehow Punk advances past Macho Man, he could take down RVD, and move on to the gimmick rounds, and then it gets interesting. He'd do well in an Ultimate X match, but I don't see how he'd fare well in a Monster's Ball.

Punk is likely to cause Savage some trouble, he's the only that can really match him in terms of sheer athleticism.
Savage would beat RVD on the ground and he'd beat Hall in the air, But CM Punk could actually keep up with him in both situations. Could be looking at an upset here.

The second round match of Regal v. Punk could change the way this whole bracket looks. Based on pure talent, over the length of a career, Regal would win in a landslide. But, the match will likely be based on each wrestlers recent history, and Punk would win.

If Regal wins, Macho Man coasts to the finals, where he'd probably face a tough test in RVD. If Punk manages to win over Regal, then he's on a little bit of a roll, and could be a bigger test for Macho Man, in a TNA ring, than even RVD.

I'll keep Macho as my favorite for this bracket, but RVD, and CM Punk, are still a possibility.

Argh this is fixed to stop the English winning! First of all the Bulldog gets Hulk Hogan and now Regal gets Randy Savage? FIX!

Na, I'm kidding. Regal, providing he doesn't mess up his first match, can beat Punk if fans take whole careers into account and not just their IC title match series. Then, with the good old Brit spirit behind him, can take Savage to the limit and then lose gloriously. He can fly home, and we'll give him an open bus tour parade and probably knighthood for his efforts.

This is pretty interesting, as I certainly feel Savage is in the toughest slots of of the #1 Seeds. Savage is good, but he'll get considerable test from guys like Kobashi, Punk and Regal. Savage will probably go on, but I think there's an outside shot of a possible Punk upset.

Now for everyone that was saying Rob Van Dam is the man to beat, he just got a terrible potential 2nd round match. Rhyno had a better ECW career then Rob Van Dam, and he's well adapted to anything any high flyer could do in a TNA Ring. That's not withstanding two talents in Hall and Valentine. I'm going with Rhyno to take out Rob Van Dam.

In the End, Savage will prevail in this region.

How the fuck could C.M. Punk stand a snowballs chance in hell, yet people believe Rob Van Dam doesn't have what it takes, against Randy Savage? That's the dumbest thing I've heard.

Punk is overrated to the moon. He hasn't faired well against ANY Main Event superstars, except for J.B.L., and an unconscious Edge. He was a failure out of his division of midcarders, and equal sized opponents. Savage might not be Triple H.'s size, but he's definately more intense than anyone Punk's ever faced thus far.

No way Punk stands a chance in doing anything in this region, or this tournament.

I still see Savage v. RVD happening. There will be good matchups throughout with Regal and Punk in the bracket but it will be Savage advancing against Van Dam.

Kobashi makes the top half a little more interesting. Savage definitely has a tough road to the finals, but should make it. There are a ton of potential upsets here, and this could be the bracket to watch for the tournament as a whole.

CM Punk is the upset special in the top half, and could go far if he upsets the Macho Man. A win over him would calm a lot of arguments against him, and would give him the edge in the gimmick matches. He's built well for an Ultimate X match, so his opponent will tell more about the match then he will. I'm still sticking with Savage though.

Hall v. Valentine is a good match-up of brawlers, and could get ugly. The ring won't effect the match at all, as neither man will get anywhere near the ropes. I'll pick Hall, based on wrestling ability. That'll be his advantage over The Hammer.

Rhyno is deifnitely a darkhorse for the TNA Region. He's very familiar with the ring, and the Gore can take out either of the big men. I don't see him having a problem with RVD, as he'll (literally) run right through him.

Rhyno v. Savage is my final, with Rhyno going on to win, only because it'd be a gimmick match in his ring. Savage is a better wrestler, but I don't think he can overtake the War Machine here. Orlando may be his hometown, but it's not like a TNA wrestler has never wrestled there before.

RVD vs Savage. No matter how repetitive RVD was in the ring, he's always going to go over the majority because he was ECW's golden boy. I'd have Savage and Hall go over him, but I think the whole 'RVD can use all the ropes to his advantage' argument will prevail. Sadly

RVD vs Savage. No matter how repetitive RVD was in the ring, he's always going to go over the majority because he was ECW's golden boy. I'd have Savage and Hall go over him, but I think the whole 'RVD can use all the ropes to his advantage' argument will prevail. Sadly

I'm actually picking Rhyno to go over RVD, before RVD even has a chance to match up with Hall. RVD has the "rope advantage", but Rhyno has the advantage of wrestling in TNA, and having some sort of success. I always liked him more than RVD, and The Gore can ground anything RVD tries to use on him.

as far as the addition of Dr. Death: It really doesn't make a difference. Should he go over Regal and Punk? Probably. Will he? No. I'm even torn myself (until further research) on who I'll vote for. I was a huge fan of Regal as the blueblood. He was good in the ring, and was a great heel. As of now, I'd vote for him. Even if Williams wins, I don't know if he'd get enough of a push to go over Punk.

It really doesn't matter anyway. The road to the Sweet 16 runs through Savage. There's no one here he can't beat.

As the only person to vote for The Barbarian, I'd like to see him take the victory over Scott Hall. Mostly because Scott Hall didn't wear a bareskin hat with antlers.

But also because Scott Hall is a loser and is seriously overrated. I don't see what he as a person bought to the Ladder match at Mania 10, and several weeks after the formation of the n.W.o he was surplus to requirements. Kinda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back