TNA: Hartford Sub-Regional

Barry Windham against the current Triple H would certainly be a good brawl, but Triple H is the favorite in the top half. Windham, Goldust, and Dynamite can all give him a run in a TNA ring, but he won't lost to them.

MVP v. Styles is going to be a great match, but Styles pulls off the win in his ring. He's got too much for MVP to handle. The bracket a a whole should be his to win. Even against Shamrock, I don't see him losing. He's too agile to lose that early in a TNA match.

Shamrock wasn't going far in any region that he landed in, outside of ECW. His MMA backgroudn won't save him here, and his lack of athleticism will show. If people vote honestly, Piper has a chance at upsetting him. The sleeper is a tough move for anyone to get out of, but the Ankle Lock will determine the outcome.

Being in a TNA environment, I only see one real, true threat to Triple H and that is AJ Styles, that being said, we haven't seen the other wrestlers announced yet which will be interesting to see the rest of the draw.

I think that Triple H would be ok in a 6 sided ring, providing it was a pure normal, one on one match or a gimmick where it was focused on brawling or hardcore elements. AJ Styles would fair better in Ultimate X so basically, just comes down to the luck of the draw, I don't know how it is determined though, but if it's Ultimate X, expect AJ to win, if it's Monsters Ball, expect a Triple H landslide.

The other wrestlers announced so far like Windham, Goldust and Piper will do fairly well in their first round matches but I don't expect them to go very far at all if they even make it past their first round matches. I do expect an MVP/Styles match up which could be interesting to see in person but I'd expect Styles to win that and I think that Goldust could end up losing to Triple H because I think that Goldust has in someways with his return to TV, gained a new found support.

Ah poor Santino. Piper won't have to break a sweat in his first round match here. In a WWE environment HHH wons this region without bringing his A game to the table, but he will have to look out for AJ in this ring. Match type important for their inevitable showdown.

I'll give it to the Marella fans out there...At least he got a draw where he can pull off a first round upset.

He won't, but there's enough Marella fans to possibly give him a win. It'll be the funniest match of the tournament, but Piper will get the win with an eye poke and sleeper hold.

If...IF...Santino pulls off the upset, he's going to get hurt against Shamrock. He has the ability to put up a fight, and we all know he has the martial arts training, but he's never used it, and it won't make a difference here. He's a first or second round exit here.

Shamrock? Seriously? He was the first ever NWA-TNA champion (y'know, NWA champion but in TNA) but that was when TNA was very, very, very much a glorified indie. Styles has since held that belt three times. I'm not saying that those reigns were incredibly meaningful, but they were definitely more meaningful than Shamrock's. Before that, did Shamrock really have a successful pro wrestling career? You might say yes, but you really know that it's a no.

Besides, has Shamrock ever even competed in the six sided ring? I'm fairly certain he hasn't.

Shamrock? Seriously? He was the first ever NWA-TNA champion (y'know, NWA champion but in TNA) but that was when TNA was very, very, very much a glorified indie. Styles has since held that belt three times. I'm not saying that those reigns were incredibly meaningful, but they were definitely more meaningful than Shamrock's. Before that, did Shamrock really have a successful pro wrestling career? You might say yes, but you really know that it's a no.

I've said all along that this is going to be Styles going over Triple H. Hopefully, people will take notice that he's eliminated Triple H and Hulk Hogan in two separate tournaments, and give him some of the credit he deserves.

He's a darkhorse for the tournament as a whole, not just for this bracket.

Besides, has Shamrock ever even competed in the six sided ring? I'm fairly certain he hasn't.

Sam, you're a decent guy. I have no personal issues with you. But, you're just wrong here.

FACT: Shamrock has never competed in a 6 sided ring.

FACT: Shamrock has competed in an 8 sided ring.

If you had "Shamrock has never wrestled in a 6 sided ring.", you'd be right. The ring won't be his problem though.

Sam, you're a decent guy. I have no personal issues with you. But, you're just wrong here.

FACT: Shamrock has never competed in a 6 sided ring.

OK, you're just plain confusing me now. Is this part of your strategy? You say I'm wrong, then say that I'm right?

FACT: Shamrock has competed in an 8 sided ring.

More of a cage, or octagon, if you will.

If you had "Shamrock has never wrestled in a 6 sided ring.", you'd be right.

Well, he hasn't.

The ring won't be his problem though.

Styles foot up his ass will be.

OK, you're just plain confusing me now. Is this part of your strategy? You say I'm wrong, then say that I'm right?

You had said that he was at a disadvantage for never competing in a 6-sided ring. That's what I was saying you were wrong for. He's competed in an 8 sided ring/cage/octagon/whatever, so it's not much for him to alter his offense a little.

More of a cage, or octagon, if you will.

I'd say that's worse than 3 ropes.

Well, he hasn't.

You're right.

Styles foot up his ass will be.

I was thinking more like across his face. Pele is a great move. He could even do that to break the ankle lock.

Hmm...

Ouch, this is a tough region. Mainly because 2 top wrestlers stand out here and have a equal chance at winning, though others may disagree. I was never a fan of Ken Shamrock and think he was overrated. His career wasn't anything to brag about. I would personally love for MVP to get far here, but the guy is still a mid-carder and just simply can't compete against guys like Piper and Triple H.

Speaking of Roddy Piper, he would have a great chance at winning this region, if it was in the WWE Region. Sadly, it's not. It's TNA. So for me also, it comes down to AJ Styles who is one of the most successful superstars in TNA, and Triple H, one of the most popular and successful superstars in the WWE.

If this was the WWE, Triple H would win this by a landslide, but the ring changes everything here. Styles utilizes the ring ropes often and is well at home here. Despite Triple H being in his hometown, I'm going to call an upset if you could call it that, by saying that AJ Styles will defeat HHH in the final of this region.

I think Billington has a great chance. I wouldn't go so far as to say he'll get through to another region. But he won't be pushed to one side by some of the bigger names. He was in one of the most popular tag teams of all time, he is or was at one point considered one of the greatest of all time, for what it's worth. And Chris Benoit essentially became a tribute act to him.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the finals will be AJ Styles vs Triple H. I'm going to go against any personal opinions and feelings I have for Triple H and say that he will win this region. First of all he has beaten many bigger and better stars than AJ Styles. Styles is the most popular and talented TNA born star there is. There is no doubt about that. But Triple H is the Game, The King of Kings. He has beaten tons of legends like Rock,Austin,Flair,Undertaker, etc. Who has AJ beaten? Kurt Angle? So has HHH but at the prime of Kurt's career. AJ will get far based on his experiences in TNA. But will he get past the Game no. Triple H will outsmart AJ. He will keep Styles from taking to the skies. AJ is in no way shape or form as cunning or talented as Triple H. Triple H has years of experience. He is a seasoned veteran and will find a way to excel even in TNA's six sided ring. It won't be a factor to the Game winning this region.

Triple H vs AJ Styles is going to happen, and if you think that then you are being naive. I still believe HHH is going to win this thing and havent seen proof otherwise to prove me wrong. HHH is a genius when it comes to taking away your strengths and making you wresle his type of match. AJ is very good at high flying and on the mat but i think the Game can not only hang with him on the mat but is better. He also has the size and strength factor. TNA ring makes it a little interesting, but The Game is so damn smart he will eliminate that advantage. He has beaten a list of a who's who in this business in a variety of different matches so going into a TNA ring will not throw him off his game. HHH rarely makes a mistake, and this will prove right in this region. He knows he has never competed in this ring before so he is going to be very Cerebral, not pun intended, and not make a mistake. AJ will make a mistake and HHH will capitalize. Also, HHH can go an hour and he hsa proven that so AJ trying to wear him down by making the match go longer isnt really gonna be an issue to hurt HHH. I still believe that Triple H is winning this one.

Post 100 ...Hey O!!!!!!

Man, I want HHH eliminated as soon as possible. It's too bad that he doesn't face any real competition in the top half of this bracket. Windham and Dynamite kid are awesome wrestlers, but hardly anyone here knows about them. On the other hand, Dustin Rhodes was once a great wrestler (back in his WCW days), but, with the Goldust gimmick, no one has taken him seriously for years; in fact, I expect him to go out in the first round.

This only leaves us one hope in this sub-region's finals: A.J. Styles. I will be pulling for him strongly should he come up against HHH.

Triple H vs AJ Styles is going to happen,

Yes, it is.

and if you think that then you are being naive.

Wha--? You drew me in only to make me look like a fool.

I still believe HHH is going to win this thing

He'll be lucky if he escapes from this sub-region. At the very least, he'll get a run for his money.

and havent seen proof otherwise to prove me wrong.

The likes of Undertaker and Austin share Triple H's fanbase, but also benefit from the smark vote. If Triple H gets out of here, he'll have to hope the likes of them are eliminated early so he doesn't have to face them.

HHH is a genius when it comes to taking away your strengths and making you wresle his type of match.

He's not really though, is he? I've seen Batista, Cena, Michaels and others make him wrestle their type of match.

AJ is very good at high flying

AJ Styles is the best high flyer to have ever set foot inside of a ring. The only real competition is Rey Mysterio, but he made his name when he was a fraction of what he once was.

and on the mat

A common misconception. AJ is a more effective brawler than he is mat wrestler, his fists being used as surprisingly stiff weapons.

but i think the Game can not only hang with him on the mat but is better.

Triple H isn't much of a mat wrestler either. Sure, he can hold a headlock for a long time, but who can't?

He also has the size and strength factor.

Counteracted by AJ's size and speed, as well as disproportionate strength.

TNA ring makes it a little interesting, but The Game is so damn smart he will eliminate that advantage.

He can't. There has never, ever been a wrestler that has been able to stop AJ bringing it from all angles, and dancing circles.

He has beaten a list of a who's who

And, equally, lost to a list of who's who. AJ has shown himself to be unquestionably superior to the likes of Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Kurt Angle.

HHH rarely makes a mistake, and this will prove right in this region.

Again, a common misconception. Triple H makes mistakes regularly on weekly television.

He knows he has never competed in this ring before so he is going to be very Cerebral, not pun intended, and not make a mistake.

He doesn't really have to make a big adjustment, but he may be overcautious, over-thinking it because he's so cerebral.

AJ will make a mistake and HHH will capitalize.

I'm not saying AJ is flawless, but in comparison to any other high flyer on the planet - and most other wrestlers as a whole, he's smooth as silk. On the universal botch-a-meter, Sabu is on one end and AJ is on the other.

Also, HHH can go an hour and he hsa proven that so AJ trying to wear him down by making the match go longer isnt really gonna be an issue to hurt HHH. I still believe that Triple H is winning this one.

It won't go an hour. Even if Triple H sets his pace, which he wouldn't - AJ, as the much faster man, is the guy that sets the pace - that's still too fast for a long match.

Triple H will have a hard time putting Styles. A.J. has faced bigger competition and he can brawl with the best of them and is a great cruiserweight. I think Styles has a great chance to win this region no matter who or what kind of match it is.

The battle of uncommonly short ring names: Ax v. MVP.

MVP has the agility and quickness to keep this interesting, but something tells me this is going to end with Ax clubbing him with forearms in the center of the ring.

I know Demolition doesn't have a lot of fans on WZ, so that will be Ax's ultimate downfall. He could, and should, beat MVP (literally) here, but may suffer the loss.

No matter who wins, Styles wipes them out in Round 2.

Stan may be "The Man", but he isn't "The Game" Triple H will win, but probably not by the huge margin we were all thinking originally. Meaning, instead of a 100-0 win, it could be 90-10 or even 85-15.

Triple H won't face anything close to competition until Styles, and chances are he'll lose there. He'll at least have a good run before that.

13. "The Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington
52. Mil Mascaras

I've heard bits and pieces about Mascaras, but not nearly enough to make an informed decision here, yet. Dynamite Kid was amazing, and should go over, especially with Jake, and others, backing him.

20. Dustin Rhodes/Goldust
45. Michael "P.S." Hayes

Wow. There will be way too much estrogen in the ring here. Goldust should definitely win. He's had good matches throughout his career, and plays his character better than anyone else could. In the TNA ring, his athleticism gives him the advantage as well.

12. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
53. Fritz Von Erich

AJ. I don't care what family Fritz is in, AJ has to win here. Everyone is talking about Triple H and AJ meeting in the finals of the bracket, and with AJ winning. How can he lose in the first round, if he's supposed to go over Hunter to win the bracket??

Round 1. Results.

Triple H vs. Stasiak: 40-10. With Jake's compelling Roll Up argument, the Man manages to get 10, if only more.

Windham vs. Brazil: 17-10. Barry Windham gets by a legend in round 1, setting up his eventual 2nd round beatdown by the Game

Billington vs. Mascaras: 19-18. In a match that looked to end in a tie, Dynamite moves on to round 2.

Dustin Rhodes vs. Michael Hayes: 28-3. This is what happens when Mr. Charisma faces a guy that can wrestle, you know, in a wrestling match. Charisma means shit.

Piper vs. Marrella: 48-24. There was a great cry from the Spam Zone, as the Fan-A-Club goes home in round 1.

Shamrock vs. Ole: 33-4. No problem for Shamrock here. The former TNA champ rolls on.

Styles vs. Von Erich: 33-4. What the identical match results.

MVP vs. Ax: 34-4. What the hell. almost the same again. Poor Ax deserves better...

Round 2
Hartford, CT.

4. Triple H
29. Barry Windham

13. Tom Billington
20. Dustin Rhodes

5. Roddy Piper
28. Ken Shamrock

12. AJ Styles
21. MVP

Round 2 Results:

Triple H vs. Windham: 29-14. An admirable showing for Barry Windham, but he's simply not in the same league as Triple H. Triple H moves on.

billington vs. Goldustin: 20-4. The dynamite Kid starts to gain some momentum in this tournament as he takes down a solid in ring worker in Dustin Rhodes. Now comes a big test.

Piper vs. Shamrock: 19-18. By the narrowist of margins, the Scotsman pulls it out over the World's Most Dangerous man.

AJ vs. MVP: 40-14. Oh Boy, AJ Styles is on a tear right now. In the TNA Regino, this guy might be damn near unstoppable at this point.

Round 3 Matches:

4. Triple H
13. Tom Billington

5. Roddy Piper
12. AJ Styles

4. Triple H
13. Tom Billington

Hmm, we're gonna have to see about this one. It could get very interesting, or it could easily not be very interesting at all. God knows I'm not knowledgeable enough to pull for the Dynamite Kid, but someone must be. I will gladly hang to that person's coat tails.

5. Roddy Piper
12. AJ Styles

Yeah, AJ wins. Awesome. Was surprised by the amount of votes MVP got - he didn't deserve them. I think AJ will hop, skip and jump out of this sub-region. At the moment, I think the TNA region is his to lose.

Hmm, we're gonna have to see about this one. It could get very interesting, or it could easily not be very interesting at all. God knows I'm not knowledgeable enough to pull for the Dynamite Kid, but someone must be. I will gladly hang to that person's coat tails.

Ok Sam, I'll let you. There are only two wrestlers I can think of who have the better win/loss record in matches against Triple H. One is Batista, the other is Chris Benoit. At the end of the day, Chris Benoit is just a shit Dynamite Kid.

Final Results from Hartford, CT.

Triple H vs. Dynamite: 42-27. Triple H is too much to handle, and we don't have to worry about Norcal smashing his head into a wall. Billington puts up a valiant effort, but in the end, tis' not enough.

Hot Rod vs. AJ: 18-35. The Hall of Famer gets beat soundly. AJ Styles is in his home turf in the six sided ring, and is simply too much for Piper to handle.

Round 4.
We leave Hartford and go to Orlando, in the Impact Zone. Triple H will face off against AJ Styles in a to be determined gimmick match.

Ultimate X!

Seeing the Game and the Phenominal One in an Ultimate X match would be epic, and would prove to be the difference in this match as they're both epic in their respective companies.

I'm voting for AJ Styles. I don't think the gimmick match will make much of a difference in the Impact Zone. AJ has defeated Hogan in a Ladder Match, so the HHH fans will have to make a damn good argument to put HHH over AJ here. He's got the agility, speed, and toughness to take anything HHH can dish out, and has the abilities to excel in any gimmick match that you throw at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back