TNA Should Use Ropes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shub

Dark Match Jobber
Does anyone else think that TNA should use ropes instead of cables in their wrestling ring?

When I watch a TNA wrestling match it sometimes feels "un-smooth". When the wrestlers go off the ropes they barely get any momentum and it makes the match look crappier on tv. What I've noticed in WWE matches is that they seem so smooth and with good flow because of the way the wrestlers run the ropes. Alot of times during TNA PPVs I see that the cables used as ropes in the ring are warped and bent. That makes TNA seem kinda second-rate. I think that regular ropes like the WWE uses would look much better.

What do you guys think?

its strange, I've been watching TNA the past couple weeks and have noticed that something just wasnt right about the product, i thought well maybe its the six sided ring then i thought "no, thats not it," the i thought of the size of the ring and realized that wasnt an issue. i then started loking at the talent, " No they've got an abundance of talent and as soon as the writters get there shit straight, TNA will be where they need to be."

then i saw a match and realized that yeah the cables make TNA look second rate at best, it looks likea ring a bunch of teenagers would build in they're backyard. and the wrestlers get basically no bounce or momentum when they come off the cables. at little of a problem that it sounds like, tna should defintley try it to see if it makes the product look any better, hey its worth a try

Many fans claim the problem with TNA is the booking, others say its the prominence of WCW/ECW/WWE castoffs, others say its the overabundance of gimmick matches but you have figured it out. Change the ring cables to ring ropes and we will get past that 1.2 rating

What the hell is the difference?! Ropes, Cables.. they both look the same to me, and quite honestly I'm not paying THAT much attention. They spring the same, they're used the same.

The 'cables' seem a bit stiffer, but if anything that's better because they get more spring off them. Not to mention, how many matches in the W.W.E. have been ruined by ropes randomly breaking? Not a lot, but some.. more so than T.N.A.

I think if you're asking which is better, or trying to say one isn't as good as the other.. you're trying too hard to find excuses for not watching a program.

By god you got it!!! Call Dixie . . . Call Russo . . . Hell even call Don West and let them know that the way to pull TNA out of the gutter is to change the ring ropes.

Wait i got an idea too . . . the ring ropes thing should bring the ratings from a 1.2 to like a 1.9 maybe a 2.0 but to really push it over the top and bring TNA Impact into the the 3.0's i say use oak tree wood for the ring instead of just normal ply wood. I think with that done there will be no reason that TNA doesnt start to dominate in the ratings department

I never said that by changing the cables to ropes TNA would start beating WWE in the ratings. It's just a way of making their matches more "watchable" for non TNA-Diehards.

Whenever I watch the show with other ppl (who aren't big TNA fans) they always say there is something wrong with the ring and its not the 6 sides. It's un-smooth. It makes it look like an indy wrestling ring.

I know TNA likes the tight ropes for their X-Division wrestlers to do sprinboard attacks. This shouldn't be a problem with ropes since they will still be tighter than WWE's because their ring posts are closer to each other.

I think that having more flexible ropes in the ring would make their matches look better and smoother. That's all.

I actually am surprised that they dont.

Every promotion should use actual Ring ropes instead of some other type of material. If you want to get yourself on the map and get yourself known as a promotion who is serious then you cant have Fake Ropes. TNA will have to start using some expenses instead of spending it all on Talent. Its getting stupid now.

They can spend a million on Sting but cant get quality ring ropes? Bullshit. What a great promotion TNA is.

What the hell is the difference?! Ropes, Cables.. they both look the same to me, and quite honestly I'm not paying THAT much attention. They spring the same, they're used the same.
They're not the same though. Cables are different from ropes.

I don't remember where, but I think it was Bret Hart who was asked one time about the difference. He said that cables hurts, weren't as easy to run off of and weren't as good. On the plus side though, cables are easier to jump off of and do cool fancy flippys and stuff, something that TNA likes to incorporate in their matches.

I don't think AJ Styles could do his backflip DDT on ring ropes.
it sounds like you've found the solution. i'll run it by creative.
By creative, you mean Vince Russo and Vince Russo alone, right? Or is he just the booker still? I get confused reading all of Meltzer's stuff and as we both know, Meltzer's word is basically the word of God.

They can spend a million on Sting but cant get quality ring ropes? Bullshit. What a great promotion TNA is.

Can't believe I'm actually discussing ring ropes. Ah well, if it's good enough for Sly, it's good enough for me.

Anywho, where was I? Ah yes. Expenses. TNA can afford ring ropes. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find any sort of established wrestling promotion that couldn't. It's all about tension. The more tension in the ropes, the better to bounce off from. Having cables doesn't effect the heavyweights too much and allows the cruiserweights to ping around like lightning. I'm sure they have fairly high pain thresholds anyway.

Can't believe I'm actually discussing ring ropes. Ah well, if it's good enough for Sly, it's good enough for me.

Anywho, where was I? Ah yes. Expenses. TNA can afford ring ropes. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find any sort of established wrestling promotion that couldn't. It's all about tension. The more tension in the ropes, the better to bounce off from. Having cables doesn't effect the heavyweights too much and allows the cruiserweights to ping around like lightning. I'm sure they have fairly high pain thresholds anyway.

I think having ropes instead cables would actually benefit the heavyweights. It would be much easier for them to run off looser ropes and add more motion to their matches.

I think the X Division guys will do just fine without cables. In WWE you see cruiserweights doing springboard moves off those loose ropes. If the 6-sided ring were to use ropes they would be tighter than WWE's because their ring posts are closer to each other. X Division guys will still be able to do their fancy moves.

Lets get one thing quite straight. NO ONE uses ropes anymore. There are only cables. The differance is what they are made out of and the tightness. WWE has more loose more elastic cables, while TNA's are more taut. If accual ropes were strung that taut they wold have no bounce to them. TNA's cables fit them while the WWE's cables fit them. Its different with TNA and its ok to be different.

A thread about ring ropes actually got to two pages. Wow.

Seriously, does it really matter? It's not like more people are going to start watching TNA because they use ropes. It might help a little bit with the wrestlers movement, but the wrestlers have to get used to a lot of other things too, such as the six sided rig. Over time, they get used to it, and if you want to leave because you don't like the ropes, then do it. I wonder if anybody else actually noticed this, and out of that small minority, who actually cared about it?

A thread about ring ropes actually got to two pages. Wow.

Seriously, does it really matter? It's not like more people are going to start watching TNA because they use ropes. It might help a little bit with the wrestlers movement, but the wrestlers have to get used to a lot of other things too, such as the six sided rig. Over time, they get used to it, and if you want to leave because you don't like the ropes, then do it. I wonder if anybody else actually noticed this, and out of that small minority, who actually cared about it?

I'm actually a bit surprised here. Small changes can make a significant difference sometimes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

"Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things." - Lawrence Bell

A few examples.

I was just reading another thread where two people agreed that just by dying his hair, Kevin Nash would be improving his whole character, or at least the perception of it.

Santino and his unibrow. However minute it is, it adds a whole lot to the hilarious character that he is on television.

Let's say you see some random person on a bus somewhere, and you think nothing of it at first. Then, you look down and realize that half their thumb is knawed off. You're thinking of all types of possibilities then.

Let's say you're on on a date w/ some attractive young woman, eating at a restaurant. Then, she decides to let one go (fart), and the polluted fume makes its way through your nostrils, changing an otherwise great date. If you tell your friends about having dinner with her will you not say something along the lines of "Yeah, it would've been perfect if she hadn't farted while we were eating".

It's the small things, sometimes, that people notice that can change an overall product for the better.

In this situation here, there are still a lot of people who are just used to the mechanics working a certain way. You can be innovative as far as storylines go and as far as looks go, but when you've got fans who distinguish an aspect as being either professional or amateur, it's not a bad idea to consider leaning towards the more professional end of the spectrum.

If you're watching an event and something just doesn't look or feel right (whether you can identify it or not), it's safe to say that you're more likely to change the channel than if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back