TNA Slammiversary X

THANK GOD, Sting didn't need the belt what so ever. The one man that should take the belt away from Roode is JAmes Storm at BFG

Fucking Awesome ending. Roode using Storm's Beer bottle is a wonderful way to tease the continuation of Storm vs. Roode. Plus, Sting didn't look weak at all through out the match or afterwards. The question is there; Will Sting get a rematch? With Hogan in charge you have to think so, but you have to weigh in that Anderson is next in line. Roode gets major heel heat being the only heel champion in TNA now. Sting can continue down his path to the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony at BFG. I just can't think of any reason why that ending would suck. It was a perfect ending to a a damn near perfect 10 year anniversary for TNA iMPACT!

I could hug you right now! I didn't think you had it in you..:rolleyes:

Overall Rating: A. If TNA was looking to hit a home run with this show, they certainly did it. The Sting stuff was a bit of overkill but all in all, this worked incredibly well. You get three very good to great matches and it felt like a celebration of TNA rather than just another PPV. The crowd looked great, the wrestlers looked fired up, and we still have places to go off this. Great show here and one of their best ever if not their best ever.

Awesome Pay-Per-View!

Every week, TNA is drawing me in just that little bit more. They've been so consistent the past three months. Are they blowing you out of the water every week? No, but the other alternative isn't exactly doing it either. Some great wrestling on display. They've more then worked the kinks out in almost every department. They need to get some more faces in the X-Division and a couple more tag teams, and they are away with it.

Sting is my highlight of the night. Dude deserves the Hall of Fame, did well in the Main Event, unlucky not to leave with his fifth TNA World Heavyweight Championship reign but it definitely increases Roode's heel stature. Streak is over, Gail Kim's horrible reign has ended, what can they possibly do to make me happier from a personal perspective? Asides from releasing Garret Bischoff, nothing, but ain't happenin'.

Great stuff, stoked about TNA right now.

Does this feel like a "feel good" moment for anyone else?

I don't know why.. but I'm proud of TNA tonight.

I wasn't here back then.. what did ya do?

I was reviewing ONS 05 and X and I always clashed about my ECW reviews. I spent three days in the Board Room talking about how overrated Tanaka vs. Awesome was and how it was a horribly boring match and all this. X and I went at it for a few days, then the review came out. This is what I said abotu Tanaka vs. Awesome:

Rating: B+. Yep, the show has been stolen. These two had some WARS back in the day and this one was no exception at all. Very intense fight rather than a match but whatever. Fun as hell to say the least.

Gotcha X.

As for the overall rating:

Overall Rating: D. This show just isn’t that good. I mean the wrestling is weak, the stories are non-existent and there is no way I can keep doing this with a straight face. It's really nothign short of an A+. And if there was a higher grade it would get it. This is one of my favorite shows ever, possibly even number 3 after Summerslam 90 and Mania 17. They wanted one blowout show to end it and they hit it so far out of the park you can’t see where it landed.

This is about as perfect of a show as you’ll ever find and it is amazing. Everything clicked, the crowd is in the levels of Canadian Stampede and nothing was left out other than stuff for ridiculously hardcore fans. The key to it all: they let ECW be ECW, not the WWE version that would come NXT year.

Even if you weren’t an ECW fan like I wasn’t, this is a must see show. It feels like the old stuff and works like a charm. The ending couldn’t be any sweeter and it made everything perfect. Absolutely see this show, no questions asked.

I got a very colorful rep in exchange for that but at the end he said I got him. I laughed very hard I read it.

Easily the best TNA PPV since I started watching a couple years ago.

The lively Texas crowd helped immensly. Hell of a job, TNA!

Can't wait for Impact on Thursday.

It's amazing how different the perception of a show can be when the right booking decisions are made.

So happy that Gail's useless reign is over, that Crimson's terrible streak is broken by someone who is infinitely better than he'll ever be, and that random heels didn't go over for the sake of going over. This was a celebration show and outside of the main event which I can understand, the good guys won. That means the crowd had something to cheer about and they cheered and it made the show come off great. See, now DO THAT MORE OFTEN!!!

So happy that Gail's useless reign is over, that Crimson's terrible streak is broken by someone who is infinitely better than he'll ever be, and that random heels didn't go over for the sake of going over. This was a celebration show and outside of the main event which I can understand, the good guys won. That means the crowd had something to cheer about and they cheered and it made the show come off great. See, now DO THAT MORE OFTEN!!!
Your post amounts to the idea that good guys winning makes you feel good, and bad guys winning doesn't. Hilarious what qualifies as "insight" these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back