TNA Slammiversary X

They knew it was your birthday. Didn't want to disappoint.

And they didn't.

Midnight sex, a full nights sleep in a King size bed, a short drive home from a friends' wedding in Jersey, Muppets on BluRay, pastrami sandwich for lunch, Christian Cage in a TNA ring again, the return of James Storm and the best TNA PPV in the last two years? Yeah, I'd say that's a damn fine birthday.

Your post amounts to the idea that good guys winning makes you feel good, and bad guys winning doesn't. Hilarious what qualifies as "insight" these days.

It sounds so stupid but yet it took a very long time to actually happen. Lockdown lacked this energy and wasn't as good a show. It's simplistic, but I think giving fans in the arena things to cheer does matter.

LockDown lacked crowd enthusiasm. It started off with one of the top heels ever in wrestling being banished from the company. You don't get face victories bigger than that. You aren't onto the formula for success of quality. It's all down to the crowd.

LockDown lacked crowd enthusiasm. It started off with one of the top heels ever in wrestling being banished from the company. You don't get face victories bigger than that. You aren't onto the formula for success of quality. It's all down to the crowd.

So you don't think that pleasing the crowd matters? You've never seen a good crowd turn on a show because of bad booking? It does happen and I think this was a good crowd to begin with, but I do think that Miss Tessmacher going over helps a little, I do think that James Storm's return and victory helps a bit and I do think stuff like that matters. The victory you are speaking of was Garret Bischoff over his dad. Yes, a big heel was gone but not many people have been rooting for Eric Bischoff. If your big moment of the night involves Garret Bischoff winning a huge match, that's not a good show. So like I said, I think this was a good crowd to begin with, but putting the right people over kept the crowd energy throughout which helped.

Without pretending that Knockouts matter, that Young and ODB are a bad thing, that Crimson's streak should have ended there, or that Storm winning would have saved the show (all outrageous positions to hold), there's no pro-face booking decision that would have salvaged that crowd at LockDown. Besides, Garrett wasn't the big face win for the evening. That was Hardy. All Garrett did was set what you would see as the right tone for the evening. Booking didn't kill that show. Roode-Storm would have been one of the best matches in company history if the crowd would have played along. A shame that Hardy win didn't translate into an audience that cared about the main event. Because face wins don't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back