Top of the Class 2010, Hall of Fame Thread

Bret Hart was not on good terms with Vince and he got inducted. Personally, I have been waiting for the Macho Man to be inducted for some years now. Whatever beef he and Vince McMahon may have, they need to let it go.

As far as other inductees, Rick Rude, Owen Hart, Ted Dibiase, Arn Anderson, Ron Simmons (nobody has said him yet, but I personally think the guy was great with Doom and with A.P.A., Sting (could happen), Paul Bearer, and of course...."The Rock"

Do I think all of these guys deserve it... yes. Will they all get inducted eventually...maybe.

From what I hear Owens widow is the reason he has not yet been inducted. A couple of posters confirmed this on the "ask a question" thread. So it's not Vince's fault he has not yet been inducted.I hope she relents as Owen is my number 1 pick for the HOF.

I'm still waiting for "Ravishing" Rick Rude to be inducted. Former intercontinental champ, had great feuds with the likes of Jake the Snake, Ricky the Dragon, Sting, etc. He was one of two guys to be a member of both DX and the nWo. I mean for Christ's sake, he was one of the major players to put the Warrior over.

Jake the Snake has been a choice I've been "lobbying" for for years. Probably one of the greatest mic workers in history. He exuded evil as a heel, and had the fans fascinated as a face, always chanting "D-D-T!" His feud with Savage was legendary, when him and the Undertaker crashed the wedding party and the snake popped out of the box and bit Savage. Never held any WWE titles that I know of, but had some classic matches with the Undertaker, Rick Rude, DiBiase, and he may be [at least partly] responsible for the birth of Austin 3:16!

Ted DiBiase is another, and probably my biggest choice for 2010. What with Ted Jr. and Brett in the WWE now, there's been a lot of attention on the DiBiase name as of late. OK maybe not A LOT, but enough. Multiple time tag team champion. Plus trying to buy the WWF title was a classic moment. Big feuds with Hogan, Jake the Snake, the Macho Man, Dusty Rhodes, was also a classic member of the nWo, and started one of a pretty big faction in the mid 90s in the Million Dollar Corporation.

Of course, I'm still pulling for Owen to make it into the Hall, but I seriously doubt it'll happen anytime soon. And just to clarify, and I've heard this multiple times, it's because of his widow, Martha, not Vince that he hasn't been inducted.

Taker will not be inducted until after he retires. Vince (and Taker himself) will not allow him to show up somewhere out of character and he's not gonna deliver his Hall of Fame speech as the Deadman, so he'll have to be long retired before he gets inducted. Which is good business.

Forget Savage. Vince released a DVD because it would benefit Vince financially. He's never getting inducted. Deal with it.

Here are possibilities for this year: Dibiase, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior and Honky Tonk Man.

My best guesses are Dibiase and Honky for 2010.

Oh, I forgot about the Bulldog. The Honky Tonk Man is a great choice, but I seriously doubt that the Warrior goes in this year, if ever.. Especially after the DVD.. I doubt the Warrior would even show up. But good lord, if he did... He'd probably start shooting on everyone.. Which could be kind of cool.

What about Jesse the Body? To my knowledge he hasn't been inducted yet, and he was one of the greatest commentators of all time. I never saw him wrestle much, but he won some titles, and probably had some pretty great feuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back