Triple H best match at Summerslam?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Triple H has competed at summerslam since 1997 and over the years has had some epic matches and not all of them have been one on ones for example the Elimation Chamber in 2003 and his triple threat match with Austin and Mankind.

so over the last 15 years which match would you say is his best match for me its between 2 the 1997 cage match with Mankind because they told an unbeliveable story from start to finish and Triple H really carried that match. and also his match with Shawn Michaels in 2002 is proberly my favourite of all time at Summerslam so whats yours?

I was a teen during the 'Attitude Era' and I remember seeing Summerslam '98 on PPV. The Rock and HHH were both well on their way to superstardom and the ladder match they had was awesome. I remember Rock taunting Chyna leading up to the match and he played his heel persona to perfection. HHH had settled into his lead role of DX. Great story told and excellent match

Summerslam 98,99,00 were all pretty good from HHH. Also 02&03 the EC match & Vs HBK. Say what you like about him marrying Stephanie but he's a hell of a wrestler and a great heel.

My personal favorite so far is SummerSlam 99 when HHH, Austin & Mankind had a epic battle over the WWE Championship. Add Ventura to the mix as the special guest referee made it more anticipating. It was HHH first time on a grand stage challenging for that title. Granted he won the Championship the following night on Raw from Mankind, but it cemented he's place as a true main eventer.

Personal Favourite would have to be 2002 VS HBK was a big Shawn fan growing up and to see him back on the big stage and adding the great heel HHH is made for a great match

For me it was the triple threat match against Austin and Mankind, he didn't win the title, but he carried most of the match, that right there was the true begining of his superstardom, even thou people say that he got to the main event for different reasons, i disagree, he did it on his own......

In my opinion, Triple H's best SummerSlam match has to be against Shawn Michaels in 2002. This match had a great story, How HHH got jealous of HBK and attacked him. The whole match was perfect, HHH was viciously attacking Shawn's bad back. Shawn won with a roll up. After the match, HHH attacked him with the sledge hammer. That match help start a great feud between HHH and HBK for two years.

His match with HBK at Summerslam 2002 is his best at the event, the match was full of emotion and ended up a total war.

Triple H has competed at summerslam since 1997

Let's not forget his match against Bob Holly in 1995. Although that probably won't make many lists.

It's got to be 2002. In my opinion it's not even close. I loved the matches against Mankind and Rock in 1997 and 1998 but the match against Michaels in 2002 was on a whole other level. I've said many times that is one of my all time favorite matches. It was perfect. Great story, great action, great emotion, great drama. It was so good to see HBK in the ring again and Triple H was the perfect opponent for his comeback match. I don't have a specific order for my all time favorite matches but HHH vs. HBK at SummerSlam 2002 would probably make the top five.

I would say the Ladder Match against The Rock in 1998 with his Street Fight with HBK in 2002 a close second. Both had emotion,great story telling,and awesome stuff all around.

HHH vs. HBK Summerslam 2002. Was swesome to see HBK back, and the whole almost DX reunion with HHH turning on him was great. HBK was the underdog in the match to a ruthless heel HHH. They both delivered in the ring as this match was fun to watch. HBK got the pin only for HHH to hit him in the back with the sledgehammer sending him out on a stretcher.

Let's not forget his match against Bob Holly in 1995. Although that probably won't make many lists.

It's got to be 2002. In my opinion it's not even close. I loved the matches against Mankind and Rock in 1997 and 1998 but the match against Michaels in 2002 was on a whole other level. I've said many times that is one of my all time favorite matches. It was perfect. Great story, great action, great emotion, great drama. It was so good to see HBK in the ring again and Triple H was the perfect opponent for his comeback match. I don't have a specific order for my all time favorite matches but HHH vs. HBK at SummerSlam 2002 would probably make the top five.

I definitely agree that it's not even close. That match was IMO top 20 matches of the decade. POSSIBLY top 15. His ladder match with The Rock at MSG is a very reasonable second place.

Gotta go with SS 98. That ladder match is one of the most underrated matches in WWE history. Plus I'm always a sucker for a mid card match outperforming a main event match and even though Taker/Austin was good, Rock/HHH was great.

I've got to be honest, HHH has competed in some great SummerSlam matches, I think his match with HBK is arguably the best in SummerSlam history and it's my pick..

2 of my favourite wrestlers ever, and I couldn't believe that they were going to fight, I was only 10 and was abroad so I had to check on wwe.com and couldn't believe what I was reading!

Anyway, this unsanctioned match is the BEST unsanctioned match ever.. From start to finish it was just pure entertaining! This was just the start of their 2 year on-going feud and surprisingly, HHH got the last laught!

vs The Rock in a Ladder Match for the IC title.. SS 98? i know it was in MSG. Hell of a back and forth match with some great spots and a good ending...

I did like the 2003 elimination Chamber, i give him credit for that because he competed with a torn groin but refused to step back from the match.

His best match at Summerslam has to be the 2002 Streetfight against Shawn Michaels, and I'd say that match is one of the best matches in all of Summerslam's history. Two friends in a heated rivalry that gave us this amazing match. I remember watching that match in 2002 and having one of those moments as you're watching where you know you're watching history, that's why this match will always be his #1 in my eyes.

As for my favorite though that would be the Elimination Chamber match at the 2003 Summerslam event, it wasn't his best performance but the match as a whole is one of my all time favorites and it was the first of many EC wins for The Game.

I'm going with Triple H and The Rock at Summerslam 1998.

You had the leader of DX taking on the leader of The Nation. These two factions had feuded all Summer and you had the famous "DX Mocks The Nation" segment as well. 1998 pretty much was the year that DX really blew up and The Rock was starting to really come out.

The Intercontinental Championship was treated like so much more than a secondary title. This feud had so much intensity, passion, and emotion, that it had almost transcended the title itself and it became personal.

The match itself was epic. Great storytelling, and it didn't need a shitload of Ladder spots to make it stand out. Both HHH and Rock showed how badly they wanted the Intercontinental Championship.

We're talking two young guns in their prime making a name for themselves on the big stage in NYC. You don't see something like that today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back