Trish Stratus = Divas Champion?

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have just been thinking. Could one day in the next few years, Trish Stratus become divas champion?

I know it sounds out there and unlikely but think about it, Trish is currently pregnant and will be having the baby in september. I was thinking, maybe in 2014, Trish Stratus could make a short part time return and win the divas champion from the top heel at the time in a open challenge match for the title made by the heel champ. She would then only do the TV shows (RAW and sometimes Smackdown. She could be champion for a month or 2 and then decide to forfeit the title to the other divas and then start a tournment with the other divas or say that she wants the womens title back and drop the divas belt.

It would deffiently bring some presitege to the belt as she is a 7 time womens champion and a hall of famer.

What do you think about all of this? could Trish be divas champion in the next few years? if so, how will her reign go?

Trish is the person to revive the dieing divas division but with her being pregnant and the bonding etc with her baby aswell as being on the road. I can't see it happening at all.

Between the pregnancy and everything that goes with motherhood afterwards (diapers, feedings, ...), Trish isn't going to be doing anything with WWE outside of one-shot appearances for the next 2-3 years or more. Not to mention, the idea of her forfeiting the title at the end is very wrong - many have criticized that it was wrong for her to go out as Women's Champion in 2006 as it sent a message that she was irreplacable.

If I may, I'd like to offer a counter-suggestion: Lita coming back and becoming Divas Champion. Lita got ridden out on a rail when she left WWE in 2006 (as opposed to Trish's triumphant hero's sendoff), and might be able to be talked into at least a short-term return so she can put a better final chapter on her career.

Trish is awesome, but she has zero reason to do that. The Divas division is flourishing with a very talented roster, an up & coming developmental roster, and a great new champion. Maybe if she came back for one match or something, that would be some nice nostalgia but there is no reason for that. No one needs the rub.

I'd love to see Trish come back and add some desperately needed prestige to the Divas Championship. I highly doubt it would happen anytime soon though. She's going to become a parent so she will most likely want to spend time taking care of her child and being with her family. As long as she stays in good shape then a return is not out of the question at some point in the future.... It just won't be for a very long time. She'd bring back some feelings of credibility and prestige to the belt and it would help the division significantly to work with her if they did get that chance. Maybe she could even bring back the Womens Championship design, that is doubtful though.

Now, let's assume she did get to come back and do this final title run. I would have her booked to be dominant for several months and keep on retaining against many names on the divas roster. Heck, give each diva a title push one by one, saving the best for last. A legend (and now Hall of Famer!) like Trish could get better matches out of just about all of the girls in WWE. It would help them improve if they got to work with her. In the end I would like to see her ultimately put over AJ or maybe Kaitlyn. The division was never the same again after she tried to pass the torch to Mickie, so a new torch passing would be in order. AJ is the future of the division so she's the best option to defeat Trish in a lengthy final run with the title. I'd like to see it happen and it's easily a better storyline than nearly anything that we might be seeing from the divas angles in the near future. It all depends on who the best diva for Trish to put over would by by the time this happens, or if she even wants to.

I am somewhat offended that she would rather be at home with some baby, as opposed to taking some bumps. I will lay out my Five Point Plan to get Trish back and add some MUCH NEEDED PRESTIGE to the lackluster Divas Division.

1) Trish does an interview with William Regal talking about motherhood, and how it doesn't really fulfill her. She needs competition. She needs stiff competition. Regal raises an eyebrow. She says "to clarify I retired as the champ, and I'm still the champ. Whether I have a baby on my nipple or not, I can still go. My bulldogging skills are impeccable.

2) One week later there is a match between Tamina and Brie Bella who are in a heated feud. "Gangnam Style" plays and out comes Trish Stratus with her WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! She shows it to the crowd, and they love her. She gets on the mic and says "MOTHERHOOD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS!! NOTHING!!!!"

3) The next week it is reported that Trish has indeed given her child up for adoption to show dedication to the business. A 5 minute tribute video set to "Gangnam Style / 2 Legit 2 Quit" mash-up is shown, showcasing her career.

4) The following week the ring is full of Divas as Raw starts. Kaitlyn is like "What's the dealio?" and Vickie says "Oh this is the dealio. Trish Stratus is back!!!" Trish jumps the rails and hits the ring with a baseball bat. She destroys all the divas with baseball bat shots, stinger death drops, and splashes in the corner.

5) Finally at the next PPV, Trish is given a shot at the Divas Championship!!! And further more it's the main event of the PPV!!!! Prestige for the Divas finally!!!! Trish and Kaitlyn tear it down in a 45 minute mat classic. Kaitlyn is so moved by the match, she and Trish kiss for a little while after the match is over. Very tasteful, not much tongue, just respect and admiration.

This is my Five Point Plan to restore PRESTIGE and HONOR to the Divas Division!!!!! Yay!!:)

Trish Stratus coming back would add a load of potential excitement to the Divas, not to mention some legitimate star power. She's easily the biggest female star wrestling has seen in more than a decade.

But, as has been pointed out, Trish is going to be having a baby soon and I just don't see her becoming an active wrestler again. She was in WWE for a long time, she made a lot of money, she's been on good terms with the company, etc. but she's got other things going on that I just don't see her giving up. One reason she stopped was because she wanted to have a family.

I could see her coming back every once in a blue moon to work an occasional angle or match during certain times of the year, but that's about it. She's already long since done everything a woman can do in WWE, especially at the level Vince will almost certainly continue to keep them, which isn't very high. If there was some sort of promise or guarantee that could be made to her that she would be used to invigorate the Divas so that the women could be of a much, much greater value overall to the roster, then there MIGHT be a chance. However, I believe it'd just be the same old same old, so there's no real incentive to return.

I have no faith in the WWE at all when it comes to the women's division. Even if they got Trish and Lita to come back to wrestle some kind of awesome match to set a standard, I can see Vince purposefully ruining the momentum generated from this, even if they blew the roof off the place.

His overall disdain for Woman's wrasslin really makes me question why he still wastes any airtime with the Divas at all at this point. Especially since he's never bothered to put any effort into booking any kind of coherent story or match in the first place.

Please no. I'm not interested in a divas division in WWE any longer. Ever since the ending of the Trish/Lita feud, the Divas division has been underused and boring. Just get rid of it like the CW belt. Please!

I think Trish and Kaitlyn's 45 minute mat classic will revitalize the Divas Division AND the business. I am truly delighted and honored to have written the perfect Five Point Plan.

I want to add that Kaitlyn and Trish's match will start with the Handshake Of Honor.

At the HOF Stephanie said Trish might not be done yet in the ring, now it could have just been a throw away comment but I wouldn't be surprised to see Trish work Mania 30. She could come back like Rock, win the belt, have a short run and drop it to a top Diva at Mania.

However that would require the notion that WWE had a top Diva and were interested in devoting that much time to an angle involving them. The more likely scenario would be Trish and Lita vs AJ & another heel Diva as an attraction match at Mania 30.

Diva's title will never be presitgious doesn't matter who holds it. The womens titles was and that was held by legends, the Diva's title is held by models.

Diva's title will never be presitgious doesn't matter who holds it. The womens titles was and that was held by legends, the Diva's title is held by models.

Sable, Harvey Wippleman, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, The Kat, and Debra. Let's not kid ourselves that the Women's Title was a joke for a quite long period. As bad as The Diva's division is it never got as low as the Women's Title at one point.

For Diva's Title Trish Stratus doesn't need to hold it to give it prestige since it won't matter if the division is still in the shape is in. There is a better solution, ramp up the division with real wrestlers make it a competitive division with respectable matches and feuds. Then you give the title the prestige it needs.

I am somewhat offended that she would rather be at home with some baby, as opposed to taking some bumps. I will lay out my Five Point Plan to get Trish back and add some MUCH NEEDED PRESTIGE to the lackluster Divas Division.

1) Trish does an interview with William Regal talking about motherhood, and how it doesn't really fulfill her. She needs competition. She needs stiff competition. Regal raises an eyebrow. She says "to clarify I retired as the champ, and I'm still the champ. Whether I have a baby on my nipple or not, I can still go. My bulldogging skills are impeccable.

2) One week later there is a match between Tamina and Brie Bella who are in a heated feud. "Gangnam Style" plays and out comes Trish Stratus with her WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!! She shows it to the crowd, and they love her. She gets on the mic and says "MOTHERHOOD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS!! NOTHING!!!!"

3) The next week it is reported that Trish has indeed given her child up for adoption to show dedication to the business. A 5 minute tribute video set to "Gangnam Style / 2 Legit 2 Quit" mash-up is shown, showcasing her career.

4) The following week the ring is full of Divas as Raw starts. Kaitlyn is like "What's the dealio?" and Vickie says "Oh this is the dealio. Trish Stratus is back!!!" Trish jumps the rails and hits the ring with a baseball bat. She destroys all the divas with baseball bat shots, stinger death drops, and splashes in the corner.

5) Finally at the next PPV, Trish is given a shot at the Divas Championship!!! And further more it's the main event of the PPV!!!! Prestige for the Divas finally!!!! Trish and Kaitlyn tear it down in a 45 minute mat classic. Kaitlyn is so moved by the match, she and Trish kiss for a little while after the match is over. Very tasteful, not much tongue, just respect and admiration.

This is my Five Point Plan to restore PRESTIGE and HONOR to the Divas Division!!!!! Yay!!:)

This is brilliant. You should get a job at WWE. This post put a big smile on my face while reading it.

I better comment on the thread so my post doesnt get deleted.

I would like to see Trish back. I have very little interest in the division but I do want to care about it. I just havent been given a reason to. Trish could be that reason. Although I think WWE should look forward and actualy try to invest in the future of the division. I belive the division can draw, only if it is given some direction and investment.

Trish would help but she would be a band aid for some one who had there leg cut off.

Just really posted here though to give Gentleman credit. It was a brilliant post. Although it will never happen, it would be so cool.

I don't think she's completely done wrestling. Maybe it was what Stephanie said at the HOF but I could see her coming back for one more run with the belt. She made the division what it was several years ago and it may even boost the division now in its poor state. But she's having a baby soon so I don't see her coming back right now. Maybe for WM 30. Trish was one of my favorite divas ever but I don't even know that she'd be able to help the division in the state it's in. It'd certainly add a bit of prestige to the Diva's title.

In all honesty, if Trish Stratus were to come back for anything long-term, I would much rather have her put over new talent than win the Divas title. The Divas division is in some serious need of credibility and there's no better way to do it than to have a new(ish) diva get a rub from Stratus.

Besides, I have never considered the Divas Championship to be the real Women's Championship. Why would anyone put that $5 toy on a now-Hall of Famer? To boost the title's credibility? If anything, it would diminish Trish's. (I realize that sounds hypocritical but i said the DIVISION needs credibility. The title is still crap)

Sable, Harvey Wippleman, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, The Kat, and Debra. Let's not kid ourselves that the Women's Title was a joke for a quite long period. As bad as The Diva's division is it never got as low as the Women's Title at one point.

For Diva's Title Trish Stratus doesn't need to hold it to give it prestige since it won't matter if the division is still in the shape is in. There is a better solution, ramp up the division with real wrestlers make it a competitive division with respectable matches and feuds. Then you give the title the prestige it needs.

The womens title was far more prestigious even at it's lowest, every title has it's low points but the Diva's title has always been second rate

One day the Divas Title will have the prestige. All of the prestiges!! It will be a glorious day, and Sara Del Rey will battle Awesome Kong in 60 minute broadways! It will have so much prestige, that people will stop buying tickets to the show, because no one cares about the women in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back