Video Game Music

My addition this time around is a gem that most people might have forgotten about. Anyone else remember a little game called Smart Ball, one of the very first games for the SNES? Perhaps this will refresh your memory!

[YOUTUBE]9ngdZvFULEo[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song! It's a great fit for an underwater level because it's easy to just close your eyes, listen to it, and imagine yourself swimming in a water world, which is precisely where the song is played during the game. A catchy song that you can't help but hum along to every single time the level is played. As with several of my entries to this thread, many memories come back when I listen to it. If only more video game themes could be this good.

This time my entry to this thread is from Breath of Fire 3. Its music is underrated because many people dismiss it as sounding too much like "elevator music".

[YOUTUBE]KIiAuzDNdm8[/YOUTUBE]

This particular theme is heard early in the game when you are in the Cedar Woods. It fits great for a forested area as it has a mystical and nature-ish vibe to it. I really enjoy listening to it while I just lie down to relax. Honestly, I think when it comes to video game music my main favorite tracks end up being the ones I can just lie down and relax to with my eyes closed such as this one.

This time my entry to this thread is from Breath of Fire 3. Its music is underrated because many people dismiss it as sounding too much like "elevator music".

This particular theme is heard early in the game when you are in the Cedar Woods. It fits great for a forested area as it has a mystical and nature-ish vibe to it. I really enjoy listening to it while I just lie down to relax. Honestly, I think when it comes to video game music my main favorite tracks end up being the ones I can just lie down and relax to with my eyes closed such as this one.

That song sounded an awful lot like one of the themes from Chrono Trigger. But I will let it slide because Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time ;)

Speaking of which, they had some epic music in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDANk9wjw3k - Some poster's top 10 themes from the game, but it didn't include my favorite.

Magus's Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCV1bVOiGc&feature=related

That song sounded an awful lot like one of the themes from Chrono Trigger. But I will let it slide because Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time ;)

[YOUTUBE]ZPjRTvMAptg[/YOUTUBE]

Did you mean this song? I'll repost the one from my previous post as well, so the comparisons can be made between them.

Yes, when listened to one after another there is a definite similarity between the two songs. However.... The Chrono Trigger track has more of a magical feel to it, whereas the Breath of Fire 3 one has a more realistic feel to it.... As if one were the theme to a mystical woods while the other is the theme for a typical forested area. Chrono Trigger came out before Breath of Fire 3 did, and the games had different composers (Yoshino Aoki and Akari Kaida for Breath of Fire 3.... Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, and Noriko Matsueda for Chrono Trigger) so it's very possible that the Chrono Trigger track inspired the Breath of Fire 3 track because the similarities ARE there, but it's not the same song at all. Interesting of you to point this out, JM Punk!

I'm playing old ps2 games on my ps3 and I couldn't help but notice a forgotten but loved two theme songs from one of if not favorite fighting game Dragonball Z Budokai 3.

First, Make A New Legend
[youtube]Ilv0EbcXYqg[/youtube]
My favorite theme on the game which might be why I play on the Mountain stage all the time. The guitar play gives the feeling of an epic battle taking place. I also love the electric piano that comes in about a min and a half into the song.

Second, Powerful Man From the Darkness
[youtube]ryTsciD_QXA[/youtube]
The song personifies the essence of Majin Buu from the weird beginning to the hard rock with the dark feeling to it. I love during story mode when Super Buu is made for Goku and Vegeta freeing the fighters he absorbed. By the way, You do well, huh-huh, you do well!

My favourite game music would probably be from the Mass Effect series and also Red Ded Redemption, both game's soundtracks are superb in how they were made and the songs just make you feel many feelings.

[youtube]7IkvAb6THQY[/youtube]

This was possibly one of the defining tracks in the game's music alogn with the end credits song:

[youtube]HkAvVqjbUG8[/youtube]

^^That is one of the most emotional songs i've ever heard in any game.

Now on to Mass Effect 2's soundtrack

[youtube]QIPWYF_G15M[/youtube]

This track while in a club on a space station in the game just creates such a mood.

My favourite game music would probably be from Red Ded Redemption, both game's soundtracks are superb in how they were made and the songs just make you feel many feelings.

[youtube]7IkvAb6THQY[/youtube]

This was possibly one of the defining tracks in the game's music alogn with the end credits song:

[youtube]HkAvVqjbUG8[/youtube]

^^That is one of the most emotional songs i've ever heard in any game.

Red dead redemptions far away after reaching mexixco for the first time was amazing. having replayed the game through multiple times i often just turn of the sound effects to listen that song. And i would do the same to dead mans gun and compass pure epicness

We are WAY overdue for an update to my favorite thread, so here is another great video game track.

[YOUTUBE]SZfaXY6Udg0[/YOUTUBE]

This is the music played in the town of Palencia in Arc The Lad 2. I listen to this instrumental just about every day. Usually when I am online at this forum or checking facebook, chances are I'm listening to this. It has the feel of lurking around when you know you shouldn't be (in the game) because you're in a town where the heroes are currently wanted. I enjoyed it so much back when I was younger that I would often warp back to Palancia and listen to this for about a minute before turning the game off when I was finished playing that day. It's yet another of those tracks you can put on repeat then listen to over and over again since it fits good as background for many situations.... particularly for me when I am looking around on the forum.

Time to bump this again. We are going oldschool with this track, way back to the NES! It's the temple music from Zelda 2. Some may recognize its remixed version from Smash Bros as the Hyrule Temple theme as well.

[YOUTUBE]NIb2GxXHduM[/YOUTUBE]

The old NES or Game Boy tracks show just how good video game music can be. If they didn't have access to symphonic sounding music, they did what they could with the little beep sounds that they had, and sometimes tracks as good as this were the result. I miss these days. Back when it was about finding a good sounding track to go with certain levels of the game, not trying to make it sound "real" or "cool". I like this one because it does exactly what I pointed out earlier, shows just how good video game tracks can be even without having that symphonic sound to them. It fits great for virtually every exploration moment in any game when listened to as background music, as well.

Here are my favourites...they just make me feel so many different emotions and it really makes me feel like I'm actually in the game and that I am the character in that world.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Peace of Akatosh
[YOUTUBE]G02StZzQqd4[/YOUTUBE]
This song is just purely beautiful and it's so heavenly. I couldn't really have asked for a better song, or soundtrack for that matter; in any game.

Alundra - The Village of Inoa
[YOUTUBE]_clltNcg4-Q[/YOUTUBE]
This entire game has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard and it's my favourite game of all time. It's a 2D RPG on the PS1 and I'd recommend this game to absolutely anybody, it's a pure classic. I've completed it 8 times and I'm never bored of it, sometimes even I forget what to do in some places. I think it is arguably better or competing with most Zelda games. Everybody would enjoy this in my opinion.

Alundra - Shrine of the Lake
[YOUTUBE]c5Dp6bxqdzw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Again, this is another piece from Alundra on PS1. Without spoiling the story too much if you wanted to play it, this track plays in the final dungeon/area of the game. Truely and possibly one of the best tracks I've ever heard, not just on PS1 but anywhere on anything.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Boss Theme
[YOUTUBE]yzXwutv0yy8[/YOUTUBE]
Everybody loves Sonic, right? I think this, along with the Emerald Hill Zone theme is one of the most remembered themes in all of gaming. Long live, Sega.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]bEgLvaMDT4E[/YOUTUBE]
I'd love to be able to explain how nostalgic this track makes me feel, but words cannot describe that beautiful feeling. It reminds me of being 6 years old, playing my Windows 98 and I miss those days...this would probably, given the chance, one of the times I'd go back in time, just to relieve this same moment.

Croc: The Legend of Gobbos - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]9mwWkwQjWVY[/YOUTUBE]
This along with Alundra, is one of my favourite games ever and this song truly makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I wish games were still made like this nowa'days instead of walking around as a blooming soldier shooting anything that moves.

Croc - The Legend of Gobbos - Adventure Begins
[YOUTUBE]LuA1CmcsxIE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
I would be lying right now if I said that this song doesn't bring a tear to my eye. When I was around 6 years old, I was in hospital being treated for Meningitis that was life-threatening. My Dad brought my PS1 up to the hospital so I would have something to do as I was confined to my hospital room because it was a quarantine situation. This song truly sums up life. That's what I feel anyway.

Die Hard Trilogy - Airport Terminal
[YOUTUBE]ZVA217shUHo[/YOUTUBE]
Yippie-Ki-Motherfucking-Nostalgia. I love this soundtrack, plain and simple. It reminds me alot of my childhood and playing the PS1 with my Dad. I can't actually believe how fast time has gone since then..

Alien Trilogy - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]uPzRI555Uwo[/YOUTUBE]
This game scared the shite out of both Me and my Dad back when we played it..I can't actually believe that this game didn't give me nightmares. Such a great track, and it makes me wonder how the PS1 was able to have such amazing soundtracks as this.

Call of Duty 4 - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]N9xdu0KVIYQ[/YOUTUBE]
Reminds me of Christmas 2008 when I got this game and my Xbox 360 for the first time. I spent months playing this with my mates everyday after school and it means alot to me..

Halo 3 - One Final Effort
[YOUTUBE]4_mHpkg-R5E[/YOUTUBE]
This reminds me of one of my best mates, Matt. One night I slept round at his house and he said to me.. "Hey, Ben..have you done the Halo 3 campaign on Legendary?" - so, naturally I was like.. "Uhh, no?" - So we sat there from about 9pm, up until 7am the next morning doing the entire Halo 3 campaign straight from the first level, right up until the last. This song sums up personally, the massive struggle, Matt and I went through to do the entire thing. It was literally like we were the Chief. Halo 3 has one of the best campaign's in history. Just like it says on the back of the case, game of the decade.

Halo 3: ODST - The Menagerie
[YOUTUBE]_w_gLF45HTM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
One of the most badass tracks I've ever heard in any Halo game. You've gotta listen to this all the way through cos' it's truly epic and it makes you feel like a badass ODST with your silenced SMG in hand. Brilliant track. 3:10 onwards is my favourite part.

Gears of War 2 - Heroic Assault
[YOUTUBE]9d3ucdRgpNQ[/YOUTUBE]
Read this while you're listening to this song: trust me, it's epic and it's straight from the game.

"Humans are no strangers to war. After all, we've been fighting for as long as we can remember. War is all we know."

"In the past we fought for imulsion, we fought for country. We fought for Freedom."

"But all that changed after E-Day."

"For fifteen years, we've been fighting for our very survival against inhuman, genocidal monsters... but it is a fight we cannot continue. Humanity faces extinction... unless we end this war now."

"...but they survived, and have returned stronger than ever, They've brought with them a force that can sink entire cities. Even Jacinto, our last beacon of hope through all these dark days, is now at risk. Soon we'll have nothing left to defend... and that means we have only one option...attack."

"Gears, what I ask of you now is not an easy thing, but it is necessary. If we are to survive, if we are to live long enough to see the seasons pass, our children grow..

"...and experience a time of peace that we have never known...we must now take this fight to the Locust!"

"We will go to where they live and where they breed...and WE WILL DESTROY THEM!"

"This is the day we take the battle to the heart of the enemy! This is the day that we correct the course of human history! This is the day we ensure our survival as a species!"

"Soldiers of the COG, my fellow Gears, go forth and bring back the hope of humanity!"

- Chairman Richard Prescott

Gears of War 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, along with the 1st. I can't wait for the 3rd.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]FpXWzZp15zQ[/YOUTUBE]
This is another amazing game, it's so realistic and it totally sums up modern day crime. The track for the game makes you feel like one of the characters in the game and for this reason, it deserves to be up here.

Pokémon Gold and Silver - Champion Battle Theme
[YOUTUBE]90ixY6Da0g8[/YOUTUBE]
Ah, another bit of Nostalgia. I used to replay this same battle just to hear the Champion theme. Awesome game, nobody should be allowed to be named a Gamer if they haven't played at least one of the Pokémon games out there, truly one of the top 50 gaming series of all time.

Super Mario Theme
[YOUTUBE]MiAxiGZKpGQ[/YOUTUBE]
A tune heard all around the world, Super Mario is probably what made Nintendo what they are today, along with Zelda. Which if you look down below...is there!

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Zora's Domain
[YOUTUBE]oxHUYI-Ow9Q[/YOUTUBE]
What can I say except "WOW" ? What a beautiful track, I would normally go to the Zora's Domain just to hear this song and see all the beautiful Zora's living happily together as a faction, and as a family. I was mortified when it froze over though.

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Goron City
[YOUTUBE]bmHQzrIg1Pc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
GORONS! I love the Gorons! They're such a happy littl...bunch. Little isn't the right word for that sentence. I tell you something though, that rolling Goron killed me more times than bloody Ganondorf.

Pokémon - Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Legendary Battle
[YOUTUBE]9rVo-5OhoRU[/YOUTUBE]
Not only is it Pokémon again, but it's even more epic than the Champion Battle. I love catching Legendary Pokémon because it defines how hard you work when you play Pokémon!

Pokémon - Fire Red and Leaf Green - Mewtwo Battle
[YOUTUBE]bE-iQGRYZ1s[/YOUTUBE]
I caught Mewtwo in Fire Red with one Ultra Ball without even attacking him. I was so damn pleased with myself, I literally didn't do ANYTHING to him, I just threw an Ultra Ball at him and caught him. I was marking out baddd.

WWE: Road to Wrestlemania X8 - Superstar Themes
[YOUTUBE]w_3Bx5wVuxM[/YOUTUBE]
Yes! Polyphonic goodness! I loved the WWE GBA games and the themes were hillariously brilliant!

Tekken 2 - Main Theme w/ intro video
[YOUTUBE]bVFnXKpiH5M[/YOUTUBE]
One of my favourite games of all time and the soundtrack was absolutely brilliant and astonishing. The main theme was excellent and I NEVER skipped the intro when it came on.

DragonBall Z - Ultimate Battle 22 - Trunks Theme
[YOUTUBE]l-wtFsv7R2U[/YOUTUBE]
Yeah! Can't forget about DragonBall Z at all can we? NO, we can't. DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 was one of the best games of it's generation and I always played it. I was completely into DBZ at the time and it was literally my life. This game was pure fucking epic.

Jazz Jackrabbit - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]mnnFFEStA3c[/YOUTUBE]
This game is fucking epic and I wouldn't change it for the world. MS DOS goodness. PC games ruled in the 90's. Another reason to miss the 90's.

Road Rash 2 - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]hXLiakijbxA[/YOUTUBE]
If I ever start or be in a band, I'm making sure that the first thing we all cover is the Road Rash 2 theme. It's one amazing game, backed up with one amazing soundtrack. It's Sega for godsake, just listen to the soundtrack! It's EPIC!

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - Windmill Song
[YOUTUBE]cy-xaoRyIM4[/YOUTUBE]
Why? Because it's a childhood game and it's purely strong in my heart. I loved the soundtrack for this game and the entire game itself.

Crash Bandicoot 1 - Slippery Climb
[YOUTUBE]7pLRiZKjIiw[/YOUTUBE]
JUST BECAUSE THIS LEVEL DROVE ME INSAAAAANE. It was so hard and frustrating, probably the hardest in the game next to Road to Nowhere. Which is if you look...down beeeloowww!

Crash Bandicoot 1 - Road to Nowhere and The High Road
[YOUTUBE]befLWBO_eC0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Nooooo!!! *falls off bridge* FUUUCK. Hardest level in history on ANY CB game.

Crash Bandicoot 1 - Toxic Waste
[YOUTUBE]WB1I3PV7Ml8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Brown bouncing barrels suck ass. I hate everything about this level, minus the soundtrack. xD This level gave me nightmares just thinking about the fact that I would NEVER be able to complete Crash Bandicoot lmao. I did eventually though.

Streets of Rage - Main Theme
[YOUTUBE]2cCS78YFMEc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
*beatboxes the beat* Yeeeah! what an awesome game. I love this game, anybody who plays it will aswell.

Bomb Jack - Main Theme (GB)
[YOUTUBE]ssvZolPmmu0[/YOUTUBE]
One of my favourite games ever, and one of the first I ever played. Fucking love this track and game.

DragonBall GT - Theme
[YOUTUBE]6UvGjBUBI4A[/YOUTUBE]
This isn't a game theme, and it probably shouldn't be here.. but I love this song so much and I think that it should be in here just because it makes me cry with happy nostalgia.

I hope you enjoyed listening to some of my favourites themes from games, generation thru generation. Thanks for taking the time to read through and have a listen!

Now that "Metroid: Other M" is out, we HAVE to add a couple of classic Metroid themes to this thread! I'll give my two cents on two tracks from Super Metroid on the SNES.

[YOUTUBE]5FC7dEmQu4M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This theme played in the chambers leading up to (or right before) a boss battle. Not gonna lie, it used to creep me out some back when I was little due to the fact that I knew something bad was coming. Going through Brinstar and entering the chamber before Kraid.... defeating the mini-Kraid who was the same size as Kraid from the original Metroid.... Seeing the corpse next to that door with the eyeball on it (Who IS that? Maybe Samus' friend Houston from the comic?), and going inside only to hear....

[YOUTUBE]Gy1MZpv3L8U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

THIS theme as a gargantuan two-screen tall boss showed up. Other memories of this theme include Crocomire who suffered the fate of being reduced to a skeletal form by lava, and Phantoon the ghost. I honestly like this boss theme better than Ridley's theme because it has much more of a "struggle to survive" feel to it, whereas Ridley's theme fits better for the escape sequence than it does for the actual battle, in my opinion. That aside.... anyone who played this game back in the early 90s before turning 10 and tells you they WEREN'T creeped out, is lying.

Super Metroid will always be the best Metroid game to me, whether it be about gameplay OR music.

I've talked a lot about Tales of Symphonia and how it's my biggest inspiration for my own game. Here are a couple of tracks that stick out as awesome. While not THE best tracks in the game, they are certainly among the better ones.

[YOUTUBE]muJx_UTFjNw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JRTtITgXpoM[/YOUTUBE]

Kratos is one of the best anti-heroes in all of video games. He's someone you enjoy playing as when he's playable, and enjoy fighting him when he's a boss battle. A character who plays a role similar to that of a heel receiving a face reaction from fans. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say this and leave it at that.... He is a badass and a truly memorable character. I like his themes that play when he shows up (first video) and his battle theme (second video) because they make you feel intimidated and happy at the same time when he says or does something. Things are going great, all of a sudden Kratos shows up. You're happy to see him again, but intimidated because a difficult battle might be seconds away. That's how video game themes should be more often, bring out the same feelings in you that the character's actions do.

I'm disappointed in all of the "Kingdom Hearts fanatics" that post in this video game section. I know your here, and nothing could justify the amount of fail you guys have for not putting this song in this thread. Seriously call me crazy, but when I hear this song I know i'm in for a fucking hell of a time, and this song alone has made Kingdom Hearts that much more enjoyable to me. It's a treat to listen to at the beginning of each game, and probably the best piece of music I have ever heard in a video game. Without further ado I present the single most emotional piece of music I have ever heard in a video game.

[YOUTUBE]g6-rwyLBSuw[/YOUTUBE]

My second favorite would have to be the main song in Zelda the Windwaker. Seriously it just makes me fucking PUMPED to play Windwaker, and it's just a masterpiece, and the best possible song you could put in this game. The entire game itself had a great music, but this just sticks out. Perfect song for one of my favorite games of all time.

[YOUTUBE]eahUR_tLDWs[/YOUTUBE]

Cant belive this hasnt made it on here yet. Holy motherfuck, I just want to go charge up hills, bench 350, and kill people with this playing. All at once. Epic as it gets.

[YOUTUBE]qgIJKxbVZ-c[/YOUTUBE]

Going oldschool again this time. The game is Dragon Warrior 3 and the music is that of the battle with Zoma.

[YOUTUBE]agFFSiWhvGg[/YOUTUBE]

Now that's a track that has stood the test of time. Like with many other 8 bit songs, it might not sound too impressive by today's standards but back in 1988 this was too epic for words. It's regarded by many as one of the best battle themes because of how amazing it was for its time. Even by today's standards it still has the feel of a struggle to survive in a battle of universal proportions.

[YOUTUBE]mzLD5z7mNfQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This is the SNES remake of it. Some like it better than the originals, others don't. I think both are fantastic battle themes and both versions were ahead of their time.

It's threads like this which make me like Wrestlezone more than the last shitty forum I was on but back on topic.

[YOUTUBE]uR7ZqCYNXYQ[/YOUTUBE]

This music from the beginning scene of Super Metroid always gives me chills whenever I listen to it. Was scared of the music a little as a kid. There's also other music from Super Metroid which I like too and gives me chills but I'm not gonna bother getting all of em but this was the top music for me.

[YOUTUBE]IWNSgj_uG4E[/YOUTUBE]

This was the theme song for Dan in the Street Fighter games and was used obviously in stages when you'd fight Dan. His theme is chill and just made fights more enjoyable to play. This song is always the first to pop in my head whenever I think of video game music.

[YOUTUBE]aqSA9zcQQT0[/YOUTUBE]

This was the ultimate gaming sound for me back in the day. The PS1 intro obviously. It was relaxing to listen to and I grew up with the sound which is why I love it so much.

I'm sure there's more, so once I get my thinking cap and think up more, I'll get back to you but this comes to mind right now.

Time to bump this again! This time I'm contributing another Zelda song.

[YOUTUBE]s7fqllhtdHI[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not a fan of Wind Waker, but I love this song! It is easily my favorite song in the game. The song was also featured in Smash Bros Brawl on Toon Link's stage. I think it fits even better in there than it does in Wind Waker because it fits the mood for the fight despite being a fun, laid-back, relaxed song in the background of the insane fights going on.

Got a lesser known theme coming this time around. It is from Paladin's Quest, which is the most underrated RPG ever made.

[YOUTUBE]a1BzfyeVS8w&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This is from the final boss battle in Paladin's Quest. What a theme. I decided to go with a Paladin's Quest entry this time since I'm going to do a walkthrough thread on it. (Same style as my FF4 thread, which I also plan to finish). Anyways, back on topic. I really like this music because, like several other final battle themes in games, it has a feeling of fear and the struggle to survive. Heard that before? This is different. There were only two different attacks that had any effect on the boss. The struggle to survive was truly there, just as much for the player in real life as for the in-game characters. Even for a maxed out party. Epic.

Everyone remembers the theme from Ocarina of Time that plays inside houses. It became hard to not picture that song playing in real life when entering somebody's house/apartment/home. However.... it wasn't the first game to do that. Breath of Fire did it four years before Zelda did.

So this time my entry to my favorite thread is the lesser known original house theme from before Zelda had done one.

[YOUTUBE]nHY8-WIq3w0[/YOUTUBE]

It doesn't quite capture the feeling of goofing off inside some random person's house the way that the Zelda theme does, but I like it more due to nostalgia. I remember it being cool for its time because (to my knowledge) it had never been done before. A whole theme just for being in some guy's house, that played in all houses? That made it all the cooler for me when Zelda did their famous one later on, since I remembered that Breath of Fire had already done it.

I was gonna put this in the What Are You Listening To? thread but I figured it was suited here better. While I'm studying for upcoming midterms, I'm pretty much stuck on my laptop and listening to music. I've been listening to two songs especially that came from my favorite PSP game, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

[youtube]YRRHid2gkZ8[/youtube]

From the boss battle of Terra against Master Xenahort and Vanitas, another great song from Yoko Shimomura, the composer of most of the songs from the Kingdom Hearts franchise. It certainly has the epic battle feel to it that gamers love to have during those boss battles.

[youtube]ZhaDycUDDJU[/youtube]

While the battle itself is more or less a bitch, the song that goes to it is one of my favorite video game songs of all time. A song that is fitting for one of the most hardest boss I've ever played as it is without a doubt great.

After seeing this thread, I just had to add a couple of songs which haven't been mentioned yet:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfbb3WHClE[/YOUTUBE]

No More Heroes-Pleather for Breakfast

No More Heroes is a game where professional otaku and pro wrestling fan (!) Travis Touchdown attempts to become the best assassin in the world by beating everyone ranked higher than him. After a ton of fights against ridiculous enemies, the second-ranked assassin is Bad Girl, a twenty-something a pink cocktail dress who fights with a baseball bat. She's also one of the toughest fights in the game and is pretty much insane. This theme personifies her so, so well.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195XntreoMc[/YOUTUBE]

Touhou Project VII: Perfect Cherry Blossom-Necrofantasia

OK, so this one is a bit more obscure. Touhou is a Japanese shoot-em-up series in the bullet hell subgenere (think Ikaruga) known for its high difficulty, extremely large cast of characters, and very good music. Necrofantasia is the theme for one of the bosses from Perfect Cherry Blossom, Yukari Yakumo, who has the ability to manipulate boundaries, which pretty much means she can control reality. This fight is extremely difficult and against an incredibly powerful foe, which I think her theme definitely conveys.

After seeing this thread, I just had to add a couple of songs which haven't been mentioned yet:

[YOUTUBE]LSfbb3WHClE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]195XntreoMc[/YOUTUBE]

I corrected your tags to the videos and for future reference just put the numbers and letters that follow v= in the link in b/w the tags. Since I don't want this post to be potential spam I'm gonna add another addition to the thread.

[youtube]FFV5mi7lh3g[/youtube]

The song for the intro to Final Fantasy X-2, my first FF game I played too. A nice, somber sound as the piano plays which sometimes I play this song to put me to sleep at night.

This will shock some of you.... I'm NOT going oldschool with my addition to the thread this week. Nope. This time it's a song from the brand new game, Fable 3.

[YOUTUBE]6enjiJzxfDo[/YOUTUBE]

What a great theme. It fits the mysterious mood of the game so well. It's a great track to listen to when in deep thought. You know, the type of song that helps you think more. It's by far my favorite song in the game because of the ominous vibe that it has. Each time i play the game, I like to just sit in the sanctuary and leave this music playing for a minute or two before I stop playing and turn the game off.

Time for my weekly bumping of my favorite thread! This time I'm doing something I haven't done in a while, comparing a classic to a remake. The song? None other than the battle theme of Final Fantasy 4.

[YOUTUBE]ED_BrLAfmnQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

This is the original, from back in the day when we did not know about the existence of the 2nd and 3rd FF's on the NES, thus FF4 got released as FF2 outside of Japan. This legendary track will live on forever and I could listen to it all day. I often like to play it in the background of battles in other games, as it fits for any encounter of any game. It's a good substitute if you ever get tired of hearing the real battle theme of the game you're playing. Also, as a trivial note.... I would have made it the battle theme of Division Blade if it weren't for the legal issues that such a decision would have resulted in.

[YOUTUBE]2c0ri2SLXSk[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the remake from 2008 on the DS. A lot of people don't like it as much. I think it is underrated. It's a great battle track and a worthy remake of the original, but it's still not as good and nostalgia forces me to pick the original as the superior track. I love both versions though. So catchy and so fitting for a fun battle whether that be when heard in its own game or played in the background on the computer while playing another game.

Regardless of which version is being discussed, it's an awesome track that has rarely ever been topped in the 19 years that it has existed. (Wow, I feel old all of a sudden. I was in the first grade when this thing came out....) Calling it one of my personal favorites would be an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back