Video Games Tourney hype thread

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Time to knock that fucker of it's perch. Oh yes it's the announcment of the second Video Games tourney to start in June.

Goldeneye on the N64 won it last time and the tournament brought us some classics including:

ST's post on why he likes GTA
Milky telling us how he scratched the disk despite the game only ever coming out on cartridge.
And some game no one had heard of making the top 10 seedings.

EDIT:

If you want to send a list to me you can do. The top 10 are to be seeded and you can have up to 40 additional games (50 in total) on the list to send through to me however only the top 10 will be seeded.

People who have sent me a list are:

Stormtrooper
Muffin Top Merkley
Eboney
Tastycles
xfearbefore
Red Skull
Alex Riley's Apprentice
Derf
Phoenix
Uncle Phatso
Horace Sticklefish
Doc
JGlass
Fizzy
Gelgarin
Dave
Secret Agenet Clank
The Holy One
Funkay
l'Or du Noir
Loveless
Simple Hero
Mr. Steve
Numbers
Myriad
Gabriel07
JMT

That ST post was awesome. Circumlocution at it's very best.

Where should we do our lists, Lee, m'boy?

I want to see some lesser known games get a look in, like Mega Man Legends 2, Mischief Makers, or Gunstar Heroes. MML2 is awesome and it's what I'll be pulling for until it inevitably gets knocked out.

I'll be pulling for Final Fantasy X and VII. I'll also be stoically against all Zelda games and Goldeneye (for different reasons).

Last time I didn't ask for lists from people, this time I am however. So give me a list of 50 games. The top 10 should be seeded the others will be fine just to list without seed.

PM them to me and you have until May 15th

Gunstar heroes is an awesome game, but it's kind of easy. I beat the whole thing and I'm not that good at video games.

I'm pushing Red Dead Redemption to the moon this year.

Here's a list of the ALL of the games I've played on a regular basis in my lifetime.

Goldeneye - Can easily see why this won last year

NCAA football - Love it

Madden - Love it

Tiger Woods Golf - I haven't played the last two years, but it was always a great game

Knockout Kings (for N64) - Great boxing game.

I'm probably not qualified to vote in thes tourney?

Gunstar heroes is an awesome game, but it's kind of easy. I beat the whole thing and I'm not that good at video games.

I'm pushing Red Dead Redemption to the moon this year.

Dude, did you call Gunstar Heroes easy?? You're talking about the original Sega Genesis Gunstar Heroes, right?

One of the best co-op games of all time for my money.

Time to write up that list and send it to Lee...

Dude, did you call Gunstar Heroes easy?? You're talking about the original Sega Genesis Gunstar Heroes, right?

One of the best co-op games of all time for my money.

Yeah dude, original Sega run. I've beaten the entire thing while waiting for a train. Once you get the right weapon combination (guided shot + rapid fire) it's game fucking over dude.

I already did my list. My seeded games were 360 and PS2 heavy, as you may expect.

Wow, I suck at videogames then :lmao: I beat Gunstar Super Heroes (the remake) easily, but I'm still struggling on the last few levels of the original GH.

Oh and Lightning+Chaser = Best weapon combo easily.

I'll be backing StarCraft again. I'll expect Portal 2, Mass Effect 2 and Batman: Arkham Ayslum to have a good run at least.

Pretty sure FF 7 got beat by fucking Halo last year. I stopped following the tourny after that happened.

Halo is fun, especially when it comes to multiplayer, FF 7 I could not give a shit about, glad Halo won as it's a game I would actually play

the Final Fantasy series is easily one of the most overrated video game franchises in the history of Video games, GTA & CoD are up there with it

How you can list FF in the same list as COD and GTA, I will never know. It really is personal preference I guess. I happen to enjoy RPG games such as FF7 where it is free roam with random battles. Some games in the series have been bummers namely 13, but games like 7 and 10 really show you just how good RPG's can be.

Never played the Final Fantasy series, I have no interest in doing so, but I can't deny they are some of the most visually beautiful games I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back