WCW 1998: The Giant vs Scott Steiner

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP

Pre-Show Stalwart
Apparently, there was a 1998 episode of either WCW Nitro or WCW Thunder where Scott Steiner (now a singles performer) was supposed to have a one-on-one match with The Giant, but as goes the theme with this whole 'card subject to change' ideology, Sick Boy (Robert Vick) of Raven's Flock was inserted in The Giant's place instead, so Scott Steiner battled Sick Boy instead of The Giant. However, there was one match (singles) where a babyface Scotty Steiner took on The Giant (then of the Dungeon of Doom at the time) in a WCW Nitro matchup in 1996, and it was for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Belt. Yet there's not an actual singles match where Giant worked as a face with Steiner working as a heel in 1998, not long before Giant himself joined the nWo Hollywood portion of the nWo, while Steiner re-affirmed his being in the nWo Hollywood camp.

Anyway, Steiner defeated Sick Boy via Steiner Recliner, but had WCW not inserted Sick Boy in place of The Giant, I'd say between the timeframe of February 23, 1998 and May 10, 1998, so that is about two months of Giant remaining a WCW face with Steiner being an nWo heel. I think Giant did face a heel Steiner on the March 12th edition of WCW Thunder, but it was more of a handicap tag match pitting The Giant against Hollywood Hogan, Scott Steiner, Curt Hennig, Scott Norton, Brian Adams, Scott Hall and Vincent that ended in a DQ victory for the nWo, I know many smarks hated the run-ins in the late 1990s WCW era, but even I find those said run-ins to be much better than what WWE's putting out today.

I'm sorry, do you have a question? Is there something about Scott Steiner and the Giant that WZ Forums needs to discuss? This might be worse than your Shoney's thread, and that is really saying something.

This might even be worse than your thread about WCW praying for the babyface collegiate Scott Steiner to return. No, nothing could be worse than that.

Infract me or worn me if you want, mods, but someone had to do something to stop all these awful what if WCW threads.

For the record, I grew up in Georgia and attended many a WCW Nitro shows. Still, someone had to try to put a stop this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back