WCW Region, Third Round, Metal Object On A Pole Match: (3) Bret Hart vs. (11) CM Punk

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WCW Region. It is a Metal Object On A Pole match. It will be held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.

georgia2_dome_1.jpg

Rules: The match can be won by pinfall or submission, but the object on the pole must be taken down first. It can be used as a weapon in the match.

14693.jpg

#3. Bret Hart

Vs.

punk2.jpg

#11. CM Punk

This match takes place one week following the second round.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Damn it. I was hoping for a better stipulation that would help Punk out more. It's going to be an uphill battle debating for Punk but here goes.

Punk takes this, while Bret is one of the best if not the greatest technical wrestlers of all time Punk is no slouch either. He's faster than Bret so I think he'd be able to grab whatever object is on the pole first and use it to his advantage. He's better on the mic than Bret also, I think Punk in his prime (which I believe to be now) would definitely be put over Bret in what would be one hell of a match up. Punk's strike's are better, and I also think he can keep up with Bret in the submission range as well. Punk is just overall better in more areas than Bret which I believe gives him the upper hand, a upper hand that he will use to his advantage, take whatever object is on the pole and beat the Hitman.

Vote CM Punk.

An awesome match between by two great wrestlers. Bret is a technician, he is also a smart wrestler. I consider Punk to be an all-around wrestler.

In the match, I see a good pace match. Punk would grab the object from the pole and use it on Bret. However, I would not count Bret out. Bret will battle through in the match.

Punk will go on the top and "Point to the Stars," Bret was playing possume and hits Punk. Bret would suplex Punk from the top rope. Bret puts Punk in the Sharpshooter. Bret makes Punk tap.

My vote: Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Bret is a tough bastard when he has to be. He battled SCSA in a great match and made the man pass out in a pool of his own blood.

CM Punk on the other hand was brought up in a much more hardcore environment. Sure the Hart Dungeon was no land of Oz, but that was training- the land of ROH is a battleground. Punk has fought in Ravens Rules, TLC matches and Chicago Street fights among many others. He even just beat Jericho (a Hart dungeon guy) at Extreme Rules. He is the only man ever to actually win 2 MITB matches. He is straight edge and hardcore. The man also is a great submission wrestler. Hart has the skills to make him tap, but just having the skill doesnt mean it will happen. Punk is tough as nails and would likely find a way to break the hold.

Hart is one of the greatest ever. His motto says everything. Question is, does that automatically give him a pass in a match like this? No. He would have to work his ass off, but will likely come up short. Hart has lost in the cage to Yoko and Sid. Although he did beat Owen in the cage and no holds barred, but Owen is not as tough as Punk. Hart lost to Hall in a 4 way ladder match- Punk has proven he can win those. Hitman has also beaten DDP, Nash and Issac Yankem (not Kane, Issac f'n Yankem). Not too impressive.

Punk is every bit as quick and has alot of talent to back up his claim as best in the world. His kicks are dangerous and his determination as well as the fact he can be quite tricky might just give him the edge against the Hitman. Punk has more experience in something like this (ladder, weapons) than Bret and that is a huge advantage.

Tough ass bout here. Punk gets the object first, but Hart eventually takes his lumps and gives them right back. Numerous submission attempts reversed on both sides and kickouts too close to call. It ends up like this in my eyes. Punk and Hart exhaust their moveset on the other. Hitman catches Punk up top while going for the big elbow. Hart tries to hit a superplex but Punk starts fighting back while both are up top.

Pepsi Plunge (youtube clip)

Thats right. Pepsi Plunge for the 3 count. When all else fails, that puts down Bret. Nothing that Hart has is that high impact. Punk will pull that out of his bag of tricks to beat the Hitman and prove why his claim isnt just a slogan. CM Punk- Best in the World and he moves on to round 4.

Take away the silly stipulation and what we have here folks, is a dream match.

Now, on to who'd win and why (kayfabe argument). Bret Hart is one the best wrestlers of all-time. Probably a top three GOAT in terms of in-ring technicality, that being said, does it matter when he's getting the holy fuck beaten out of him with a metal object? The stipulation clearly favours Punk. Now CM Punk is certainly quicker than Hart meaning he'd reach the object first. And when he does Bret Hart is already at a strong disadvantage, as good as Hart is, is he good enough to beat a prime CM Punk that is also armed? The answer is no. CM Punk is good enough to take Hart to the limit without a weapon. With a weapon, he'd win, I'm tempted to say comfortably. CM Punk is intelligent (more so than Hart) and vicious not giving Hart the slightest of opportunities to recover. CM Punk wins with a GTS (or two) after 15 or so minutes.

VOTE PUNK

I don't recall either man being in this type of match before, but hell, I've seen both of them climb to the top turnbuckle so I know they're capable. Toss up as far as gimmick goes.

I'm going with Hart. He's the better wrestler and the bigger star and since that's all I really have to go on, I will.

Vote Hart

This match very much favors Punk as opposed to Hart. If this was an ultimate submission match then the standings would change. This is a match involving weapons and a ladder. Punk has the experience and would get it done. My points earlier show that.

Hart is fantastic and deserves praise, but so does Punk. Some might discredit his time in ROH, but watch the Punk\Joe matches and tell me that Punk doesnt deserve credit. Look at what he has done in the past year with Cena and most recently Jericho and tell me the man isnt golden in the ring. He brings out the best in opponents similar to the way Hart did and he can back in up on the mic better than Hart ever could. His matches are great in the way matches used to be great. His 'buck the system' attitude is what got him huge recognition, but the talent in the ring has always been there.

This once again shouldnt come down to title wins and 'bigger star'. Its about the ability to put the other man down. Punk could do that. Hell, if people are going to vote on mic skill as silly as that is, then Punk would still win.

This match in RL would be better than 5 star. Meltzer might just have a seziure over this one. In the end Punk has the advantage. The Dungeon was dangerous, but getting stretched by your dad in a basement isnt exactly the same as getting hit with a ladder\foreign object by a guy who has proven he can win in matches very similar to this.

Vote Punk.

This is just an absolutely great match-up. CM Punk and Bret Hart are amazing in-ring performers and both are favorites among the IWC. A hardcore setting can suit both Punk and Hart well so I believe that to be off-set. In terms of technical ring work, anyone can argue that either star can out work the other in mat-based wrestling. Punk is a far better striker and much more agile than Bret Hart was, so I guess those can go to Punk. And not to mention Punk is much more keen on climbing to the top of things in order to retrieve the weapon.

I'm voting Punk, but I can easily be swayed to vote for Hart if the other side can put up some strong points.

This goes to Bret Hart. The match type really doesn't favor either superstar so it just comes down to who is better. CM Punk is better on the mic but that's where his superiority stops. Hart is better in the ring, he's the bigger draw, and he's just an overall bigger star. Before people try to say that this favors Punk because there are no rules, I'd like you all to go back and watch Hart/Austin at Mania 13. Bret Hart not only beat one of the toughest SOB's in WWE history, he made him pass out due to loss of blood. Punk is no Steve Austin and he would get the loss here.

I really don't know. Straight off the bat, the stipulation favours neither, so I don't think it's a factor in the outcome. As for the two of them? Well they're both overwhelmingly overrated by the IWC. Neither of them have truly been a number one guy, the only difference is Hart didn't have someone like Cena, so he had to pretend to be.

I think my heart is telling me to vote Punk, but it feels like I'm just voting for the current one if I did that. My reasoning is simply that Punk tends to beat more of the people in that second tier of top rate talent, but then to cost Hart the match based on the fact he lost to The British Bulldog seems absurd.

I'm giving this to Bret, and it should be obvious - he's better.

I'm sticking with kayfabe, and this won't be any different. Bret Hart's a better wrestler than CM Punk. He's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger and he's more technically sound. Punk's pretty sloppy, and Bret would have no problem exposing that.

Some people go after Bret's ability to draw. Fine. What exactly has Punk drawn? He's played #2 to John Cena over the past year, and that's not changing. I love Punk, but if people think Bret Hart is overrated, I'm guessing you'd have to say the same about CM Punk. If not, you're lying to yourself.

Bret Hart wins a 25 minute battle.

I don't recall either man being in this type of match before, but hell, I've seen both of them climb to the top turnbuckle so I know they're capable. Toss up as far as gimmick goes.

Yes, they can both climb up the top turnbuckle. What matters is who gets there first and CM Punk being quicker and more agile would do so. As far as gimmick goes, CM Punk gains a firm advantage.

I'm going with Hart. He's the better wrestler and the bigger star and since that's all I really have to go on, I will.

Vote Hart

It's not all you have to go on. CM Punk wins this match in kayfabe and Hogan wins this tournament every year without question otherwise.

Vote Punk

This goes to Bret Hart. The match type really doesn't favor either superstar so it just comes down to who is better.

Read my first post and you'll find out it favours CM Punk.

CM Punk is better on the mic but that's where his superiority stops. Hart is better in the ring, he's the bigger draw, and he's just an overall bigger star.

So Hogan wins the whole thing then? Just like that? Well lets not waste any time and end this tourney, no? Hart may be a better wrestler, but does that matter when someone as aggressive & calculating as CM Punk is armed? Yep, that's right, it does not. CM Punk would hurt Hart bad enough that Hart's slightly superior wrestling skills won't count for shit.

Before people try to say that this favors Punk because there are no rules, I'd like you all to go back and watch Hart/Austin at Mania 13. Bret Hart not only beat one of the toughest SOB's in WWE history, he made him pass out due to loss of blood. Punk is no Steve Austin and he would get the loss here.

You're right. Punk is no Austin, Punk is far more intelligent than the alcoholic redneck. He'd outsmart Hart at every opportunity, unlike Austin.

He'd win, unlike Austin.

I think my heart is telling me to vote Punk, but it feels like I'm just voting for the current one if I did that. My reasoning is simply that Punk tends to beat more of the people in that second tier of top rate talent, but then to cost Hart the match based on the fact he lost to The British Bulldog seems absurd.

Vote Punk because he'd win.

Yes, they can both climb up the top turnbuckle. What matters is who gets there first and CM Punk being quicker and more agile would do so.

CM Punk isn't quicker than Bret Hart. Bret would slow down for bigger opponents, but he is definitely faster/quicker than Punk. Watch his matches with Owen if you don't believe that.

As far as gimmick goes, CM Punk gains a firm advantage.

How? You think Bret Hart can't quickly climb the ropes and grab something? That's just goofy. He's twice the athlete Punk is, so you're definitely wrong about this.

Hart may be a better wrestler, but does that matter when someone as aggressive & calculating as CM Punk is armed?

Aggressive? You must have missed 1997. Bret Hart was probably the most aggressive heel (along with Austin in 1996) the WWF had seen in a long, long time. As a matter of fact, I'd give Hart the edge when it comes to who is more aggressive/ruthless.

Yep, that's right, it does not. CM Punk would hurt Hart bad enough that Hart's slightly superior wrestling skills won't count for shit.

If Steve Austin couldn't do it at WrestleMania 13, no way in fuck does Punk do it. Punk isn't half the bad ass Austin is. Not even close.

You're right. Punk is no Austin, Punk is far more intelligent than the alcoholic redneck. He'd outsmart Hart at every opportunity, unlike Austin.

This stinks of someone who didn't start watching wrestling until 2005 or so. Austin was the coldest, most calculating heel WWF had in 1996/beginning of 1997. Do your homework, son. This statement doesn't hold water.

He'd win, unlike Austin.

Yeah... right.

You're placing Punk somewhere in the order of all-time greats. Somewhere he doesn't belong. Not yet, anyways.

I'm sticking with kayfabe, and this won't be any different. Bret Hart's a better wrestler than CM Punk. He's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger and he's more technically sound. Punk's pretty sloppy, and Bret would have no problem exposing that.

No he isn't. Punk is faster.

CM Punk also isn't sloppy. Now, I'm not questioning Hart's wrestling abilities because in that regard he's probably the best of all-time. But being able to out-wrestle someone doesn't count for much when they're armed, dangerous and have no plans of wrestling with you. Punk wouldn't get caught in mat-wrestling match with Hart, he'd attack him with his weapon, assault him, dissect him even and injure him rendering him incapable of winning the match.

Vote Punk.

No he isn't. Punk is faster.

Say it a million times, make yourself feel better. Doesn't make it true. I'll say it one more time - Bret Hart is twice the athlete CM Punk, and that includes speed/quickness.

CM Punk also isn't sloppy.

Yes he is. The biggest Punk mark would admit that much. It doesn't bother me, but he is.

Now, I'm not questioning Hart's wrestling abilities because in that regard he's probably the best of all-time.

One of the best. Better than Punk, we can agree on that much.

But being able to out-wrestle someone doesn't count for much when they're armed, dangerous and have no plans of wrestling with you.

Yes, because someone always grabs the object right away, right?. That happens all the time in this sort of match :rolleyes:

They would wrestle a solid ten to fifteen minutes before anyone even got to the object.

Punk wouldn't get caught in mat-wrestling match with Hart, he'd attack him with his weapon, assault him, dissect him even and injure him rendering him incapable of winning the match.

As I already pointed out, Punk wouldn't have the weapon to start the match. He might have an opportunity to grab it first, I'm not saying he can't. However, in this kind of match, both competitors usually end up using the weapon. When you take that into consideration, I'm going with the bigger, stronger, more aggressive and better of the two.

It's Bret Hart.

Yes, they can both climb up the top turnbuckle. What matters is who gets there first and CM Punk being quicker and more agile would do so. As far as gimmick goes, CM Punk gains a firm advantage.

You know it is quite possible that Punk can grab the weapon first and Bret would be waiting until Punk gets down to beat him up and take the weapon. But that scenario's probably crazy to you.

It's not all you have to go on. CM Punk wins this match in kayfabe and Hogan wins this tournament every year without question otherwise.

Vote Punk

How does he win this match in kayfabe exactly?

Read my first post and you'll find out it favours CM Punk.

I read it. Convinced wasn't I.

So Hogan wins the whole thing then? Just like that? Well lets not waste any time and end this tourney, no? Hart may be a better wrestler, but does that matter when someone as aggressive & calculating as CM Punk is armed? Yep, that's right, it does not. CM Punk would hurt Hart bad enough that Hart's slightly superior wrestling skills won't count for shit.

Yeah, because Hart's never been aggressive and calculated. I suppose in your mind, Bret will never get a chance to even touch the weapon.

He'd win, unlike Austin.

Vote Hart because he's better.

CM Punk isn't quicker than Bret Hart. Bret would slow down for bigger opponents, but he is definitely faster/quicker than Punk. Watch his matches with Owen if you don't believe that.

Punk never slowed down for anyone, he's just more agile than Bret.

How? You think Bret Hart can't quickly climb the ropes and grab something? That's just goofy. He's twice the athlete Punk is, so you're definitely wrong about this.

I don't think he's saying that can't climb quickly. Punk can just do it faster.

Aggressive? You must have missed 1997. Bret Hart was probably the most aggressive heel (along with Austin in 1996) the WWF had seen in a long, long time. As a matter of fact, I'd give Hart the edge when it comes to who is more aggressive/ruthless.

Yeah Bret was great in 97 and all but Punk has been aggressive his entire career face or heel.

If Steve Austin couldn't do it at WrestleMania 13, no way in fuck does Punk do it. Punk isn't half the bad ass Austin is. Not even close.

This isn't a submission/I quit match though, It can be won by pinfall, adding in the GTS and whatever weapon on the pole Bret will eventually be put down.

This stinks of someone who didn't start watching wrestling until 2005 or so. Austin was the coldest, most calculating heel WWF had in 1996/beginning of 1997. Do your homework, son. This statement doesn't hold water.

Can't dispute your reply to him here but to say Punk wasn't one of the best heels in WWE today is ridiculous.

Yeah... right.

You're placing Punk somewhere in the order of all-time greats. Somewhere he doesn't belong. Not yet, anyways.

Your right, Punk isn't considered one of the greatest, but in your words he isn't "yet". Every old guy needs to put over a new guy. Bret would do that for Punk.

Vote Punk because if he needed to be #1 babyface he could actually pull it off.

Punk never slowed down for anyone, he's just more agile than Bret.

People, seriously, stop. Punk isn't Rey Mysterio. He's not a phenomenal athlete. He's not that fast. Watch some matches, and come correct, suckas.

I don't think he's saying that can't climb quickly. Punk can just do it faster.

I know what he's saying. He's just wrong :shrug:

Yeah Bret was great in 97 and all but Punk has been aggressive his entire career face or heel.

Oh, did I say Bret wasn't aggressive throughout his entire career? Oops. He was. Most definitely. Watch any match he had with Shawn Michaels, or Diesel, or Bob Backlund. Maybe Punk's on that level, but hasn't done it as long as Bret did, and not against the same kind of competition.

This isn't a submission/I quit match though, It can be won by pinfall, adding in the GTS and whatever weapon on the pole Bret will eventually be put down.

I'm pointing out how much punishment Bret can serve up. He can do so in a variety of ways, and he that's a fact. He did it his entire career. Beating Steve Austin's ass to the point where he passed out is bigger than anything Punk has ever done.

Your right, Punk isn't considered one of the greatest, but in your words he isn't "yet". Every old guy needs to put over a new guy. Bret would do that for Punk.

If your best reason to vote for Punk is that Bret might decide the nice thing to do is put Punk over, you should go back over your plan of attack.

Vote Punk because if he needed to be #1 babyface he could actually pull it off.

Bret did pull it off. The WWF wasn't in nearly as poor shape as people would like to believe when Bret was on top. Punk hypothetically being #1 means nothing.

I really don’t see how anyone could say this stipulation favors Punk. It’s probably a neutral factor but if anything I see it favoring Bret. Bret Hart is a master of adapting to any kind of match he’s in. If he’s wrestling Curt Hennig for the IC title we’ll see a technical masterpiece. If he’s wrestling Diesel in a no holds barred match we’ll see a more aggressive and ruthless Bret Hart. No matter the match type or opponent Bret will adapt.

I see some people think that Punk being faster (not sure that’s even true) will allow him to reach the object giving him the huge advantage. Someone even said Punk can outsmart Hart. That’s ridiculous. Hart is one of the smartest wrestlers we’ve ever seen. I’ve seen on many occasions where he’s played possum and taken an opponent out of his game. I could easily see Hart lying on the mat playing possum as Punk goes and gets the object. Punk comes down to be greeted by some Hart right hands and he loses the object. Basically Bret would allow Punk to get the object and then just outsmart him to use it against him.

This would be a great match but Hart would win. It would start of as a good technical match, in which we know Bret excels, and become more vicious toward the end. Bret excels there too. I don’t see this favoring Punk at all. Punk will look great and put up a hell of a fight. It would probably be one of those matches where the loser ends up looking as good as the winner such as HBK at WM10 and Austin at WM13, but in the end it will be Bret who gets his hand raised.

People, seriously, stop. Punk isn't Rey Mysterio. He's not a phenomenal athlete. He's not that fast. Watch some matches, and come correct, suckas.

Did I say he was as fast as Rey? No, I said he was faster than Bret and that still stands until you start using an argument that doesn't involve comparing Punk to another superstar that's not even in the match.

I know what he's saying. He's just wrong :shrug:

How so?

Oh, did I say Bret wasn't aggressive throughout his entire career? Oops. He was. Most definitely. Watch any match he had with Shawn Michaels, or Diesel, or Bob Backlund. Maybe Punk's on that level, but hasn't done it as long as Bret did, and not against the same kind of competition.

Punk is on that level, Punk not going up against the same tough competition is more of WWE's current problem. But nonetheless he's still beaten and taken it to the top stars of today such as John Cena, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton etc.

I'm pointing out how much punishment Bret can serve up. He can do so in a variety of ways, and he that's a fact. He did it his entire career. Beating Steve Austin's ass to the point where he passed out is bigger than anything Punk has ever done.

But can Punk can serve up more, he's been in way more extreme/hardcore matches than Bret and has won plenty of them. The problem with is that people look so negatively of the current product that nobody can ever think that an accomplishment now trumps one back then, when sometimes that isn't the case.

If your best reason to vote for Punk is that Bret might decide the nice thing to do is put Punk over, you should go back over your plan of attack.

It's not, but Bret still would have done it.

Bret did pull it off. The WWF wasn't in nearly as poor shape as people would like to believe when Bret was on top. Punk hypothetically being #1 means nothing.

But Punk is still overall better than Bret is so much more areas. It's pretty damn obvious why Punk isn't having his great matches go last on the card. Had Rock, Brock not come back he would be having the last spot putting on great matches like he does every night.

Say it a million times, make yourself feel better. Doesn't make it true. I'll say it one more time - Bret Hart is twice the athlete CM Punk, and that includes speed/quickness.

:lmao:

Someone is vastly overrating Bret's athletiscism.

You're right. Me repeating it doesn't make it true, it being true makes it true.

Yes he is. The biggest Punk mark would admit that much. It doesn't bother me, but he is.

Really? Shamefully the biggest Hart mark won't admit his inferiority in speed and agility to CM Punk.

Yes, because someone always grabs the object right away, right?. That happens all the time in this sort of match :rolleyes:

... and why not? It's not a main event. We aren't tasked with booking the match for an audience, we're figuring out who'd win. It's a third round tournament match in which CM Punk will want to end quickly. Also, I said earlier that Punk wouldn't want to wrestle Hart and play into his area of expertise, he's smarter than that. He'd grab the weapon as quickly as he possibly can and not let go of it until Hart is in a bloody mess and surely unable to fight back.

They would wrestle a solid ten to fifteen minutes before anyone even got to the object.

Not really. CM Punk would match Hart for a large period of time if they were to wrestle but as I said, Punk wouldn't risk it. When acquiring the weapon he'd beat Hart senseless for a little while then maybe execute a GTS to pick up the win. Fuck after the beating, Punk could apply the Anaconda Vice and make him pass out like he did Austin.

As I already pointed out, Punk wouldn't have the weapon to start the match. He might have an opportunity to grab it first, I'm not saying he can't. However, in this kind of match, both competitors usually end up using the weapon. When you take that into consideration, I'm going with the bigger, stronger, more aggressive and better of the two.

It's Bret Hart.

Good to see that you have embraced the possibility that Punk would acquire the weapon first because, well, he would. Punk wouldn't let go of it. He knows that's it's key to him winning the match and he wouldn't allow Hart to gain possession. Once he lands the first hit, he won't stop until Hart is down and out.

You know it is quite possible that Punk can grab the weapon first and Bret would be waiting until Punk gets down to beat him up and take the weapon. But that scenario's probably crazy to you.

It is. Punk is armed but yet you believe that Hart would "beat him up" and take the weapon from him. Punk is no little girl with candy, he's the WWE Champion with a metallic weapon. If Hart gets anywhere near Punk he'd take a hit and enough of them to keep him down.

How does he win this match in kayfabe exactly?

If you read this post then you have already found out.

I read it. Convinced wasn't I.

Some people are slow learners.

Yeah, because Hart's never been aggressive and calculated. I suppose in your mind, Bret will never get a chance to even touch the weapon.

Nope. Not if it's Punk he's in this match with.

Vote Hart because he's better.

Dear lord, this might be the worst post I've seen that is masquerading as intelligence.

Wrong. CM Punk is not quicker or more agile than Bret Hart, and Hart's matches with anyone fast can prove that. Easily. I can't actually think of a time I've ever been impressed with Punk's speed in the ring.

Slightly superior? Bret Hart is eons ahead of Punk in terms of wrestling ability. Punk has two really great matches in his entire career. Bret Hart has dozens. He also had way more ring psychology than Punk, and was much more technically gifted, probably because he was an amateur wrestler at one point. In fact, Stu Hart thought Bret had Olympic level talent. Now sure, Stu might be Bret's dad and being a little generous in his praise, but Stu Hart wasn't exactly the most cuddly guy in the world.

Hart is superior to Punk in literally EVERY way, INCLUDING on the mic.

You're REALLY going to try to argue that Punk is smarter than Bret Hart, one of the most intelligent guys outside of the ring, and a guy whose in-ring knowledge is second to none?

Are you sure you didn't get hit in the head with a metal object from a pole?

I don't even think CM Punk thinks he'd beat Bret Hart when both of them at their primes. Maybe I'll tweet him and ask him.

Fun little fact; Bret hasn't been in an object on a pole match, exactly, but he has wrestled in two flag matches, and won them both. Pretty much the same concept, save that Bret can wallop the fuck out of Punk when it's all said and done.

Punk shouldn't have made it past Edge; it's absolute bullshit that he did, and if I wouldn't have voted Punk over Edge, what makes you think that I'll vote Punk over Bret? I find it humerous that someone would actually Punk is athletic, let alone more athletic than Bret. It's a joke that Punk, who will flail his arms and look like a wounded duck, now pays tribute to Randy Savae by doing his elbow. Punk regularly gets blown up; even in his best match, he got gassed, and had to rely on rest holds for quite some time in the match. Bret's a better wrestler, he's had better matches, and more importantly, he's drawn more money.

Bret wins

Jesus Christ, Bret Hart is twice the athlete Punk is. Have you people ever just opened your eyes and fucking looked at the 2 guys in question? Hart in his prime was as fit as anyone. Meanwhile, Punk is pudgy for a man his size.

As the better conditioned athlete, Hart absolutely is faster and more agile than Punk. First f all, to those assuming Hart is bigger, he's really not. Punk actually stands an inch taller than Bret while Hart weighs a mere 16 pounds more than Punk. If you honestly think that those 16 pounds, coupled with Harts superior conditioning actually weigh him down more than Punk, you are delusional.

Finally, Punk is sloppy. He always has a silly botch, like in the MITB match with Cena when he landed on his ass rather than his feet, or this past Extreme Rules when he slipped off the top rope. Furthermore, one of his signature moves as of late is the flying elbow drop and he to this day still has not executed it properly. I watched an old match with Shane McMahon featured in it the other day and his elbow drop is even better than Punks.

This idea that the hardcore elements of this match favor Punk is fucking ******ed. Punk made Stone Cold Steve motherfucking Austin pass out in an I Quit match. I repeat, Stone Cold Steve MOTHERFUCKING Austin. Punk has never and will never have that big of a feat on his resume.

Punk is awesome and I hate that you blind fanboys are forcing me to belittle his accomplishments here, but he is simply outclassed by Bret Hart in every way.

Bret Hart is as overrated as any wrestler aside from Rob Van Dam in the IWC community. But so is CM Punk.. so it's just a preference case here.

I voted Punk because I would rather see Punk win than Hart. I think they're both as athletic, sadistic, and sound fundamentally as the other... Hart's more seasoned, but Punk's a better wrestler.

I think Hart ends up getting the Metal Object, but Punk rolls up Hart for a three count and walks out the victor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back