What if WWE didn't go back to the USA Network?

roethlisberger78

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have a question and someone on here has being doing a what if questions and by no mean am I stealing his idea but I do have a question. Monday Night Raw started out on the USA Network and then they had let them go and it then went to TNN. When WWE was on TNN they really told them they couldnt do alot of stuff and IMO the product got down right horrible and finally they had the Homecomming show where they went back to USA network and for that bit of time the prodcut got really good again. Now I know some will say the product is pure shat right now but my question is what if the WWE or Monday Night Raw never made it back to the USA network they wouldnt have had a channel for Raw and if they got one it wouldnt have been a great channel... So lets discuss what would have happened if USA Network didnt pick Monday Night Raw back up.

I'm sure that WWE wouldn't have left TNN without knowing that they would for sure land safely someplace else like USA Network, otherwise they'd make a deal to stay with TNN. I also wasn't aware that TNN didn't let them do certain things, because those five years they were with TNN were better than almost all of the years they've been with USA again.

There was certain things that TNN which at the time was the nashvill network now spike tv wouldnt let the E do because they was really family style tv and at the time the E was more adultish so they had to calm down there stories about and when they did the homecomming show on USA they really pushed the limits of what even the USA network would allow just because they wanted people to know they were allowed again...... "IF I RECALL RIGHT"

Raw would have stayed put on TNN(Spike) , it's a good question but for a slightly different reason as if wwe stayed put there would be no space for TNA on spike so where would that leave TNA as Spike took a chance with TNA when no one else would .

Regardless of the network, I think WWE changing what they do has as much (if not more) to do with Linda's campaigns... Also read somewhere they cleaned-up some blood in the middle of a PPV match.

Net makes little-to-no difference.

You're very confused. WWE didn't get let go by USA Network or TNN. WWE chose to leave USA for TNN, and then they chose to leave TNN for USA. WWE left TNN because they were going back to USA, they didn't go back to USA because they were leaving TNN. It was the WWE's choice both times. So the answer to the question is simple - if WWE didn't go back to USA Network, they would've stayed on TNN/Spike.

Those years Smackdown was performing well on broadcast tv so I bet UPN or another network would've picked up Raw for monday nights.

Then TNA would've been out of business!

I respectfully disagree. I think part of the reason Spike has aired TNA as much as they have, aired it as long as they have, helped pay contracts, etc., is b/c they get what the channel considers decent-enough ratings.

However, had that not happened, they would likely have continued on 1 of the Fox Sports channels, or perhaps on the 'Net "NXT"-style, but not disappeared entirely.

long story short, it would have really sucked. WWE and USA is such a perfect match. The TNN/Spike years sucked big time; the RAW set was awful, the theme song was awful, seeing Eric Bischoff on WWE every week was almost unbearable, not to mention the shit programming that we would have had to watch commercials for

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back