What should be the matches to headline Wrestlemania 33?

roipdh123

Getting Noticed By Management
I had just thought to myself in the last couple of days - how much WrestleMania 33 is open to changes!!
Let's say that we have both Goldberg vs Lesnar and Rollins vs HHH already penciled and are 100% to happen on the show (even though I don't think they are).
We are still left with a lot of questions?

1.Who will be the champions heading into the show? (Owens, Reigns, Cena, Styles, someone else?)
2.Who will be the challengers - I can see a lot of different options here as well (Balor, Jericho, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, The Undertaker...hell I can even see a way where The Miz or Baron Corbin end up as world title challengers at Mania)?
3.Will John Cena vs The Undertaker happen? Will it be for the WWE Title?
4.Who will win the Royal Rumble match?

So with all of those questions in mind and with the 2 matches above happening on the card - what will be the top matches in your wrestlemania card?

I would have had:
Owens and Styles will still be champions heading into the show +

-A.J. Styles (C) vs John Cena vs The Undertaker - WWE Championship Match (maybe with HBK as a guest refereee?). The Undertaker says that if he loses he must retire. I will have Cena win his 16th by pinning Taker.
-Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg III. Lesnar becomes the first to win clean over Goldberg.
-Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho - Universal title match. Owens retains. Jericho is going on hiatus. After the match Finn Balor returns and has a face off with Owens (or on the next night on RAW).
-Seth Rollins vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Rollins wins clean.
-Roman Reigns (C) vs Braun Strowman for the US Title. Strowman wins.

**If Balor can return to the ring have him in an interpromotional match with Bray Wyatt, and face-off against Owens the next night on Raw. This will allow room for Baron Corbin vs Randy Orton.**

Also, I have a feeling that no matter what Cena does at Mania it's going to end with a heel turn. And I believe it should happen as follows: The triple threat is a competitive match. Cena tries to pin either Taker or Styles and he can't. Styles comes to the ring with a chair. He is about to hit Taker, but he decides to put the chair down and kicks Taker instead. Then they counter each others moves. Styles has Taker in the Styles Clash when you hear a BAM!!. Cena just hit Styles with the chair. Styles is out of the ring. Then Taker gets up and Cena hits him with a chair shot to the head (I know they are afraid of concussions but this will be a protected one - and Taker is the only one I am counting on receiving it). Then HBK tries to take the chair away from Cena, but Cena hits him with the chair as well. He looks at the camera, drops the chair down, and Tombstone Pildrive Taker on the chair. A second referee comes out. Cena lifts Taker, hits one final FU (should be called like that by the announcers, as this will be an FU by Cena to Taker's career and legacy), and pin Taker 1-2-3. Cena is a 16 time champ, and Taker is retired. Then Cena takes the title, lifts if, looks in the camera and smiles. He leaves the ring with Taker inside. Styles comes into the ring, helps Taker to his feet, shakes his hand, and leaves Taker to get his last ride into the sunset.
This will accomplish a lot of things - a Cena heel turn, Cena wins his 16th world title, a Styles face turn and the retirement of The Undertaker.

What do you think will happen?

Note: I said that Goldberg\Lesnar and Rollins\HHH must be on the card, so that the card will be realistic, cause I would love to have Goldberg involved in the title picture, and Rollins vs Styles in an interpromotional match (just to name 2 things out of many..).

Well if we're going by my card in the booking WrestleMania thread, these are the matches I'd have headlining.

AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker - WWE Championship (This would be THE main event... but it's probably just wishful thinking)

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Please God... don't let this go on last, I fear it might)

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

I had Jericho vs. Owens for the Universal Title but... I get this strange feeling that's either not gonna be for the title or if anything, it's gonna be for the United States Championship... and it wouldn't be a "headline" match, so with that said...

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman - Universal Championship (I hope I'm wrong about this one though.)

I get that that's 3 RAW matches to just 1 Smackdown match, and I haven't put Cena on the card yet. Maybe it's just me trying to keep my expectations in check but I really don't think they're gonna pull the trigger on Cena/Taker. They'd be stupid not to... but just my gut feeling. Regardless that wouldn't change the fact that there would just be 1 Smackdown match because if AJ isn't facing Taker or Cena... there's really no other options for him to be in a "headline" match.

I have John Cena w/ Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz as Smackdown's second biggest match on the card and just to even it up a little bit, I'll put that as a headliner.

I had just thought to myself in the last couple of days - how much WrestleMania 33 is open to changes!!
Let's say that we have both Goldberg vs Lesnar and Rollins vs HHH already penciled and are 100% to happen on the show (even though I don't think they are).
We are still left with a lot of questions?

1.Who will be the champions heading into the show? (Owens, Reigns, Cena, Styles, someone else?)
2.Who will be the challengers - I can see a lot of different options here as well (Balor, Jericho, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, The Undertaker...hell I can even see a way where The Miz or Baron Corbin end up as world title challengers at Mania)?
3.Will John Cena vs The Undertaker happen? Will it be for the WWE Title?
4.Who will win the Royal Rumble match?

So with all of those questions in mind and with the 2 matches above happening on the card - what will be the top matches in your wrestlemania card?

I would have had:
Owens and Styles will still be champions heading into the show +

-A.J. Styles (C) vs John Cena vs The Undertaker - WWE Championship Match (maybe with HBK as a guest refereee?). The Undertaker says that if he loses he must retire. I will have Cena win his 16th by pinning Taker.
-Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg III. Lesnar becomes the first to win clean over Goldberg.
-Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho - Universal title match. Owens retains. Jericho is going on hiatus. After the match Finn Balor returns and has a face off with Owens (or on the next night on RAW).
-Seth Rollins vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Rollins wins clean.
-Roman Reigns (C) vs Braun Strowman for the US Title. Strowman wins.

**If Balor can return to the ring have him in an interpromotional match with Bray Wyatt, and face-off against Owens the next night on Raw. This will allow room for Baron Corbin vs Randy Orton.**

Also, I have a feeling that no matter what Cena does at Mania it's going to end with a heel turn. And I believe it should happen as follows: The triple threat is a competitive match. Cena tries to pin either Taker or Styles and he can't. Styles comes to the ring with a chair. He is about to hit Taker, but he decides to put the chair down and kicks Taker instead. Then they counter each others moves. Styles has Taker in the Styles Clash when you hear a BAM!!. Cena just hit Styles with the chair. Styles is out of the ring. Then Taker gets up and Cena hits him with a chair shot to the head (I know they are afraid of concussions but this will be a protected one - and Taker is the only one I am counting on receiving it). Then HBK tries to take the chair away from Cena, but Cena hits him with the chair as well. He looks at the camera, drops the chair down, and Tombstone Pildrive Taker on the chair. A second referee comes out. Cena lifts Taker, hits one final FU (should be called like that by the announcers, as this will be an FU by Cena to Taker's career and legacy), and pin Taker 1-2-3. Cena is a 16 time champ, and Taker is retired. Then Cena takes the title, lifts if, looks in the camera and smiles. He leaves the ring with Taker inside. Styles comes into the ring, helps Taker to his feet, shakes his hand, and leaves Taker to get his last ride into the sunset.
This will accomplish a lot of things - a Cena heel turn, Cena wins his 16th world title, a Styles face turn and the retirement of The Undertaker.

What do you think will happen?

Note: I said that Goldberg\Lesnar and Rollins\HHH must be on the card, so that the card will be realistic, cause I would love to have Goldberg involved in the title picture, and Rollins vs Styles in an interpromotional match (just to name 2 things out of many..).

Cena vs Taker needs to be one on one

Miz vs Styles is best bet for WWE Championship. Miz wins the rumble and challenges AJ.

Brock vs Goldberg is obvious.

Owens vs Jericho. Jericho wins at Wrestlemania. Finally gets a real Wrestlemania moment ending in a big win. Next night, Owens rematch and wins the title back. RAW ends with Balor returning to save Jericho from a massive beatdown from Owens and starts the Balor/Owens feud.

Rollins vs Triple H and Reigns vs Strowman are good there too.

You can't have Taker vs Cena vs Styles. While the match would be good, Cena vs Taker has been 13 years in the making. They haven't faced each other since Cena became a mega star.

Miz is the hottest star in the company right now. He needs to be in the WWE Championship picture and Styles can benefit from this. Let Styles turn face and be the one to put Miz over at Wrestlemania. The Miz has earned it.

IT's all depends what the wrestlemania card looks like

If this is indeed taker'S last match, then you have to go with his match as the last match of the show especially if my idea happens and he'S facing Cena for the WWE title.

Outside of that, you go seth rollins vs HHH which is pretty much confirm at this point but that's a middle of the card match in my opinion.

Lesnar vs Goldberg might not happen so if they are split up and the rumor is true that they want to do Goldberg vs Roman Reigns maybe for the universal title but they could use that match as a headliners or at less one of the mid card main events.

Lesnar as lost a little bit of his luster so his match isn'T important as much as it was last year.

Owens vs jericho, while a great matchs might be a good main event for the end of the first hour especially since you got a pretty good idea how the match ends because of the fact that jericho is leaving after mania.

And Aj vs Samoa Joe if that's really the direction they want to go for mania is a great match but not great enough to be headlining the biggest show of the year.

So If i'm the booker for mania and i look at all the big matches on the card, my pick for the match that should headlines wrestlemania would be either CEna vs taker for the wwe championship or reigns vs goldberg for the universal title but i would probably go more for the cena vs taker match.

If AJ retains until WM, then he should be on one corner for the Main Event, he deserves it, he had an amazing 2016. Gave great matches, proved himself as an asset for WWE and its seems like Vince is behind him.

EXCEPT, Taker actually face Cena. This would be the only NON title match along HBK v Taker 2 and Rock vs Cena, that should close the show.

Lets face it, SD Championship, is right now, the bigger title, and with the bigger title holder.

I don't know about WM 33, but there's one match I want to see next year. AJ Style and Shinsuke Nakamura are the 2 best in the world and it's not even close. It would be on the short list of greatest matches in mania history

Everyone seems to have a deep obsession with underflaker vs cena and they already have fought in the past !

Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles vs The Miz for wwe championship

Big Slow vs Shaq O Neil

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens for Universal Heavyweight championship

Underflaker vs STING should finally happen since we never saw Steve Borden after and he still has a few more matches in him

GOLDBERG vs LESNER 3

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

Braun Strowman vs Mark Henry

Rollins vs Triple HHH

I don't know about WM 33, but there's one match I want to see next year. AJ Style and Shinsuke Nakamura are the 2 best in the world and it's not even close. It would be on the short list of greatest matches in mania history

Their match at last year WK10 was amazing, WWE would be absolutely stupid if they dont give these two a chance to tear the house down on a wwe ring.

Its a 5 stars match from the get go.

Rollins vs Triple HHH

Nonuple H?

From an outsider's perspective, I'm actually having trouble predicting what will headline this year, while I can normally guess it pretty accurately even without ever watching the product.

The hardest part has to do with the sheer number of matches. There's 9 titles to defend, the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, Shaq vs Show, Lesnar vs Goldberg, Rollins vs Triple H, and whatever Taker is doing, all in a 6 hour period. Odds are, titles are going to be left off the card. The only question in that situation is, which ones. Cruiserweight is probably the safest best from the get-go. I'd imagine one brand would have their tag titles on the line while the other would have their women's title (RAW and Smackdown respectively, but again I don't watch so I'm basing what I feel is the stronger of each of the two divisions on what I read from results pages and opinions of my peers). So that leaves us with at least 11 matches. 10 if Taker finds himself involved with a title match after winning the Rumble (which he really shouldn't unless he's prepared to go full time while holding the belt).

Wrestle Kingdom last week found itself working in 11 matches in 5 1/2 hours, so it's certainly plausible for WWE to do it in 6, especially given that you can typically fit between 50-65% of any given Wrestlemania's matches into the same length of time as Wrestle Kingdom's main event.

Of what is left over, only three of the matches are really contenders for highlighting the show. The two brands' World Title matches, and the Taker match. Unless Taker ends up facing Cena, or ends up winning the Rumble, I dont see his match being the main event, but one or the other condition will solidify him in that spot. Aside from that, it's currently too out in the open. The main event will be the winner of the Rumble vs the champ of whatever brand they're on, but due to WWE actually successfully booking a Rumble this year where any number of guys could legitimately win it (as opposed to the last two years where the winner was obvious from the get-go), and a couple world title matches at the Rumble that could also go either way, you can't really make a guess as to which one would main event Mania. We should be able to tell by the end of the month though.

If its true that its Undertakers last ride then Taker- Cena should. Though wouldnt be suprised for Goldberg- Lesnar to take that spot. Or if Taker goes after Roman to get that as last of the night. Though due to reaction cant see that going into high note as Vince likes it at Wrestlemania unless Taker is going to win. Only other noticable title match could include AJ and Cena if Cena is not going to win his 16th before that. That could also be huge Wrestlemania moment to go last.

Based on what has transgressed I would expect this to be the card....

John Cena (C) vs. The Undertaker
Roman Reigns (C) vs. Braun Stroman
Seth Rollins vs. HHH
Golberg vs. Brock Lesnar
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (US Title)
Ambrose vs. Miz (I-C Title)

But where does that leave AJ Styles??? I think the only match that makes sense for him is probably 1 on 1 vs. Finn Balor

Everyone seems to have a deep obsession with underflaker vs cena and they already have fought in the past !

Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles vs The Miz for wwe championship

Big Slow vs Shaq O Neil

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens for Universal Heavyweight championship

Underflaker vs STING should finally happen since we never saw Steve Borden after and he still has a few more matches in him

GOLDBERG vs LESNER 3

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

Braun Strowman vs Mark Henry

Rollins vs Triple HHH

Rollins vs Triple H
Jericho vs Owens
Shaq vs Big Show

Those are the only 3 of the matches you posted that will happen.

Daniel Bryan IS NOT wrestling at Wrestlemania. People need to get over it.

Sting CAN NOT WRESTLE. He doesn't have a few more matches in him. He has zero. His neck is too messed up to take another bump.

Reigns vs Cena? Really?

Strowman vs Mark Henry? That's a match for Monday Night RAW. Not Wrestlemania. Mark Henry has ZERO credibility anymore.

What I want to see as the big 4:

AJ Styles vs. Undertaker (The Phenomenal One vs. The Phenom)
WWE Championship
AJ beats Cena at Rumble and cements himself as a/the top star in WWE, absolutely giving him enough cred for a Wrestlemania main event with Undertaker. Meanwhile, you have Undertaker win the Rumble and choose to take on Styles. Styles can carry Undertaker to a great match.

Seth Rollins vs. HHH
HHH costs Seth the Royal Rumble either by becoming a surprise participant (again), or by just doing a run-in to eliminate him. Story has been building up for quite some time now, and it's time to start solidifying this angle so we can get the pay-off.

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg
Seems to be a popular choice, and I don't mind it, assuming Goldberg has been putting time in at the gym, and especially with his cardio. We all want something much more than the two minute match last time. They probably each cost each other the Rumble with some kind of double elimination thing.

Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor
WWE Universal Championship
The least likely of the 4, mainly because I doubt the WWE took the US title off Reigns only to have him not capture the Universal title at the Rumble, and also because I don't know if Balor can make it back in time. But I would love to see these 2 go at it on the Wrestlemania stage.

Bonus 5th high profile match:
Roman Reigns vs. John Cena
Inter-Promotional Matchup, Raw vs. Smackdown Live
Both upset by the fact they lost their title matches at the Rumble, they keep appearing on each other's show, disrupting their promos and matches, with the storyline being that Cena is on the way out/Reigns is on the way up. Reigns can talk up Cena being the golden boy, chosen one, etc. for the last 15 years, and it's his time to step aside, while Cena can say he'll never be replaced, you might think you're the chosen one, but you've got nothing on me, blah blah blah

What will probably happen instead...

Cena/Taker for WWE Title (Cena beats AJ at Rumble, Taker wins Rumble).
Rollins/HHH
Lesnar/Goldberg
Reigns/???

If Undertaker wins the Rumble and chooses Cena, and if Reigns beats Owens at Rumble, then I guess anyone on Raw could challenge Reigns. Not sure what storyline they'd want to follow. Odds are they'd keep the rocket strapped on Strowman and give him a shot. With the three matches they will probably have, you can afford to give Strowman a shot to see what he can do on the big stage. I wouldn't blame them...it just wouldn't be as exciting as my alternatives.

Everyone seems to be forgetting Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, and Randy Orton.

AJ could face either Bray or Orton (non title that is). You can have Orton vs Ambrose and Bray vs Styles.

Cena vs Taker for the WWE title
Goldberg vs Brock (it's difficult to see this match being dropped)
Triple H vs Rollins
Reigns vs Strowman for the Universal Title
KO vs Jericho for the US title
Bray vs AJ Styles
Miz vs Samoa Joe for the IC Title or non title (Joe representing DBryan unless we can get DBryan vs the Miz)
Orton vs Ambrose or Orton vs Ambrose vs Corbin for the IC title
Charlotte vs Bayley for Raw Women's Title
Bliss vs Nikki vs Becky for the SD Women's Title
Sasha vs Steph McMahon w/ Nia Jax
New Day vs Enzo & Cass vs Club for Raw tag titles

John Cena vs The Undertaker
Cena loses to Styles and challenges The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
Obviously happening

Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Been in the works since what, August? September?

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
Orton turns on Wyatt at Elimination Chamber.

Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho - Universal Championship
Owens gets jealous of Jericho and costs him the US Title back to Reigns after the Rumble. Jericho earns a shot at Fastlane.

AJ Styles (c) vs The Miz - WWE Championship
The Miz wins the Rumble and does a back and forth between which title he wants to challenge. He gets wined and dined by Stephanie where Daniel Bryan basically tells him to go. He stays and tells Bryan he will make his life hell by being the Face of Smackdown.

Bayley vs Charlotte - WWE Raw Women's Championship
Bayley keeps getting held back by Stephanie and pulls a Daniel Bryan by overcoming the odds and being the first to beat Charlotte on PPV.

Alexa Bliss vs Becky Lynch vs Mickie James - WWE Smackdown Women's Championship
Just because

Sasha Banks and Ronda Rousey vs Nia Jax and Stephanie McMahon
They've teased Stephanie holding back Sasha and Bayley. Bayley gets a title shot, Sasha gets Rousey to team with her against Stephanie and her enforcer, Nia Jax.

Dean Ambrose (c) vs Luke Harper vs Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin vs Sami Zayn - WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Zayn gets traded to Smackdown after the Rumble.

Reigns vs Strowman - WWE US Championship
Strowman has a great showing at the Rumble, only to be eliminated by either Goldberg or Brock Lesnar. Eventually starts going after Roman Reigns.

New Day vs Cesaro/Sheamus (c) vs Enzo/Cass vs Gallows/Anderson - WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
4 Team Elimination Matchup.

American Alpha vs (Hopefully) The Revival - WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Revival get called up after the Royal Rumble and earn their title shot at Elimination Chamber.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Rusev wins it.

Raw vs Smackdown women's tag team match
Preshow garbage match.

Neville (c) vs Jack Gallagher - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

John Cena vs The Undertaker

AJ Styles (c) vs The Miz - WWE Championship
The Miz wins the Rumble and does a back and forth between which title he wants to challenge. He gets wined and dined by Stephanie where Daniel Bryan basically tells him to go. He stays and tells Bryan he will make his life hell by being the Face of Smackdown.

I think that the winner dont get to decide which belt he goes after, its fixed, if you are part of the SD roster, you go for the WWE Heavyweight champion, if you are on RAW, you go for the universal.

Rollins vs Triple H
Jericho vs Owens
Shaq vs Big Show

Those are the only 3 of the matches you posted that will happen.

Daniel Bryan IS NOT wrestling at Wrestlemania. People need to get over it.

Sting CAN NOT WRESTLE. He doesn't have a few more matches in him. He has zero. His neck is too messed up to take another bump.

Reigns vs Cena? Really?

Strowman vs Mark Henry? That's a match for Monday Night RAW. Not Wrestlemania. Mark Henry has ZERO credibility anymore.

Why don t you say that to Mr Steve Bordens face he has zero matches in him and he cannot take another bump! I am sure all the fans would like to see STING vs underflaker ! I said Reigns vs Cena can be an idea if he went for another title incase he doesn t beat AJ Styles!
Daniel Bryan will come back when wwe asks him to return and I am sure millions of fans would like him to recapture the title again and having Bryans vs AJ styles would blow the roof off!

Actually, he did make a legitimate point for once. Despite Sting retiring last year, later on in the year he showed up on one of the Network shows (Legends with JBL I think it was) and said that he had yet to get his surgery because it would be the definitive end of his career, and that a match with Taker is "unfinished business" that he wants to deal with, if possible, before he gets it.

Not to say it WILL happen, but if he has his way, it will.

After Raw it's safe to say Undertaker vs Strowman is a strong possibility. It looks as if Taker has been moved to Raw, and Strowman was clearly shown watching the accouncement on a monitor. Of course, this could be Rumble build only, we'll have to wait and see.

Taker vs Stowman won't headline, but the possibility of the match takes Undertaker out of all title matches and the Cena match. That means new matches will be needed for both titles and there are further dwindling opponents.

Balor as a surprise entrant and winner for the Rumble makes sense as there appear to be fewer and fewer contenders. Balor vs Reigns or Owens works great, with Balor having more back story against Roman. Will this set up the Reigns heel turn? (probably not)

Hopefully one of the world titles goes on last. They need to go on last. They need to show a bit of faith in the full timers. Personally I think the best way to go for the main event would be a part timer winning the Rumble and a full timer retaining in the main event.

Be that part timer Taker or Goldberg and the full timer being KO, Reigns, or Styles, it doesn't matter much.

Main site is reporting that apparently Undertaker vs Cena has been scraped. So probably we will be looking at Cena 16th title win vs Aj Styles and Undertaker vs Reigns. Because cant really see Undertaker vs Strowman though they teased it on RAW with Strowman watching Taker.

Main site is reporting that apparently Undertaker vs Cena has been scraped. So probably we will be looking at Cena 16th title win vs Aj Styles and Undertaker vs Reigns. Because cant really see Undertaker vs Strowman though they teased it on RAW with Strowman watching Taker.

I've heard that too on other sites, apparently Vince is changing his mind as much as you'd change a newborn's diapers. This show will either blow it out of the water, or sink faster than the Titanic.

If Cena doesn't go against Taker (which should be his last Mania) then who gets them. Styles would have to slow down a lot for Taker, and we've seen him against Cena already. Would love to see Samoa Joe debut and take on Cena, but can only see that happening in an non title match. Everything right now is speculation until after the Rumble. Even then I'm not so sure the card will be set.

Yeah with Taker vs. Cena now off the books I can't see Vince pairing Taker with anyone but Roman Reigns. Probably going to have a controversial ending to Styles vs. Cena match that ends up as a rematch at Mania. Taker to win Rumble and challenge Reigns, if this is the plan this is how I would book Mania.

Opening Match
1) Neville retains Cruiserweight Title in a ladder match
2) Nikki Bella defeats Natalyia in a grudge match
3) Braun Stroman wins Andre Battle Royal, Zayn is last one to get thrown out
4) Enzo/Cass capture tag gold in 4 way matchup with Sheamus/Cesaro, New Day, & The Club
5) Alexa Bliss retains vs. Becky Lynch
6) Shaq defeats the Big Show
7) The Wyatt Family defeat American Alpha for Smackdown tag team gold
* Not time to have the Orton vs. Wyatt feud again yet
8) Ambrose retains I-C Title vs. Miz
9) Brock Lesnar defeats Goldberg in a cage match
10) Kevin Owens defeats Jericho for the US Title
11) Rollins defeats HHH
12) Bailey wins the fatal 4 way with (Charlotte, Nia Jax, and Banks)
13) John Cena defeats AJ Styles to get his record breaking Title win
14) Roman Reigns retains the Universal Title against the Undertaker after getting interference from Rollins & Ambrose. Mania goes off the air with the Shield standing tall!

Post Mania Raw
Smackdown and Raw complete a trade that sends these wrestlers to the other brand
Ambrose, Styles, B. Lynch, & American Alpha head to Raw
Zayn, Balor, Owens, Banks, & New Day head to Smackdown

Wildcards
Kurt Angle joins Raw
Samoa Joe joins Smackdown

New Feuds Raw
Angle/American Alpha vs. The Shield
The Club vs. The Shield

Smackdown loses Ambrose & Styles but now has a main event scene with some young blood (Zayn, Balor, Joe, Owens, Cass, Corbin, & New Day) while still having Wyatt Family as well with Orton.

US Title goes to Smackdown with Owens, I-C Title goes to Raw with Ambrose where they should be...

I'm 100% convinced that the only reason why we aren't getting Undertaker/Cena now is because Vince doesn't want Smackdown to have the top WrestleMania feud.

But this throws a lot of things out of whack. The main site is reporting that The Undertaker WON'T be challenging for either of the World Championships which leads me to believe it's not gonna be Roman considering I feel it's a given he's winning at the Rumble and heading into Mania as the Universal Champion... that only leaves Strowman as Undertaker's opponent, which I guess I'm fine with, but that leads me to a HUGE worry.

There's another report on the site claiming that Samoa Joe is gonna be called up at the Rumble and will be receiving a monster push heading into WrestleMania. You HAVE TO think they're gonna put him on Smackdown, they NEED him, plus the chances for AJ/Joe or Cena/Joe at Mania, both would be incredible... but what if they put him on RAW and have him challenge Reigns for the Universal Championship. It's very plausible, you have Rollins booked, you now have Strowman booked who was a long rumored opponent for Reigns, you have Jericho and Owens booked against each other... who would there be for him to face? A returning Finn Balor? That's really the only option. If they do call up Joe and put him on RAW, 4 of the top 5 Mania matches would be RAW matches... (it might already be heading there depending on what they do with AJ and Cena) SURELY they can't do that, right?

It also throws thing for a loop on the Smackdown side, I don't see any way they do AJ/Cena for the title at WrestleMania. Dirty finish at the Rumble or not, they have an entire other PPV in February before WrestleMania. You would assume Joe would get put on Smackdown and get either AJ/Cena, most likely the latter, and the other would go on to face...??? (Hopefully for the title... maybe?) It really doesn't leave Smackdown in a good spot at all.

AND it turns the Rumble upside down. If they go ahead with Undertaker/Strowman, those were my only two options to win the Rumble... with them out, I really don't know. Finn?? Joe???

It's been a while since the Rumble and WrestleMania were this hard to predict.

Sorry for the double post but it won't let me edit.

Just read the report again and it said that Undertaker's opponent won't be Strowman (at least as of right now), I really don't know how I missed that the first time.

But now I'm really lost, I have no clue what the hell is going on. I've never been this intrigued heading into WrestleMania season... maybe a better word would be worried.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE's Vince McMahon has nixed the idea for a John Cena vs. The Undertaker match up at WrestleMania this year. In my opinion, it's a bad decision. There's no one on paper better to challenge The Deadman on the biggest stage it also happens to be the biggest one they could pull off. Seeds have already been planted back in 2016, chants have been sang and it's getting quite obvious for the entire audience that John Cena and Undertaker have never locked horns since Cena's rise to the main event scene and to the #1 spot in the company. It's something that evidently a lot of people want to see and quite frankly, it's something we should see before it's too late.

To make matters worse, the rumor going around is that either Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman will be Undertaker's opponent. Nothing against either of the guys, but there's just nothing there. The sheer image of a confrontation between any of them and The Undertaker doesn't really get a reaction out of me. It's a cliche storyline and while Reigns may be more than ready for the big spot, he isn't the favorite that they would want them to be. Unless they somehow turn him heel, I don't see anything interesting in having him beat or be beat by The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Braun Strowman is just too green and I'll already have to endure a Lesnar vs. Goldberg classic.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker writes itself. If I remember correctly, in Cena's debut, both of them had a backstage segment so, how cool would it be, if it was that same guy who retired The Icon? It's such a cool story and if anyone can carry The Undertaker to a well round up match it's John Cena. It's a Legend vs. Legend. It's a first time ever since Cena became the star that he is.

It's a wasted opportunity, that's all that I am saying. Thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back