What will come of Luke Harper????

mace87

Occasional Pre-Show
Since the Wyatt's debuted in WWE I have constantly found myself impressed by Harper's in ring ability and recently started wondering what will come of him when the Wyatt family ends?

I believe Harper is 34 so has plenty of years left ahead of him in the business and I think is good enough to have a Kane type career in the WWE as he is solid in the ring and seems like he has talent on the mic from the brief times I've heard him talk in promo's.

So do you think he will have a future after the Wyatt's and if so what level do you think he'd be at?

First of all, Harper is a big guy. He might not have the physique they are looking for, but he sure is intimidating, and for a guy his size, he moves really well, is agile and is really good in the ring too. Also, I noticed the past months, especially since his match at Battleground, that a lot of his mannerisms just scream "big star" in this guy. He just plays this mindless-driven guy so well and I believe that he can even make it to the main event scene as a heel as a part of the Authority.

I mean, comparing his character with Kane, Kane had more of a conscious mind, destroying people at will sometimes, but Luke can be that completely 100% loyal guy etc. He is just so good at what he does. I haven't seen a side of him that would equate him being completely solo, rid of any Brays or Erics, but from what I see so far, I'm really impressed and I really hope we get to see more of Luke in the coming years.

I think eventually he will drop the Wyatt gimmick and just become a more normal badass wrestling type. Sort of like...er, Deacon Batista? I actually wonder if he will have a more enduring career as Bray because he seems to be good on the mic (from what we've seen) and seems to be a more consistent wrestler. But we'll have to see.

Rowan will definitely go into jobber mode as soon as the Wyatt hype has worn off...if he's not there already. He's not terrible or anything, but the gimmick wears him. Harper at least wears the gimmick...if that makes any sense...

He just plays this mindless-driven guy so well .......

Then again, this statement reminds me of another Luke....Luke Gallows, who played the mindless "Festus" a few years ago. Remember? He was a robot until a bell rang and turned him into a madman.

Problem was, once he was finished with the program with Jesse.....and played a similar character for a short time under CM Punk..... we never really got a chance to see what he could do on his own; WWE cut him loose.

Maybe the company didn't think him capable of doing anything else. If they feel the same about Luke Harper, he might suffer the same fate. Conversely, if the WWE braintrust is willing to consider him in a different persona, it might work out for Luke once the Wyatts disband.

As they say, Vince McMahon likes those big bodies.....and Harper certainly qualifies. But then, so did Gallows.

Awesome facials... can move for a big guy, great moveset... can wrestle singles as well as tag. Sky is the limit for him, depending on how long they run the Wyatt family. Endless possibilities.

I believe that 99% of the time if a performer is good enough to make it to the main roster, they have the talent to succeed at some level. Sure, there are exceptions, but for the most part if you told me to come up with a booking scenario for anyone on the main roster, I could find a way to help them get over.

Will WWE do that for Harper? That's really the question, because there is absolutely no doubt he has the skills to succeed.

I definitely think his look will need to be freshened up when the Wyatt's break, as he currently looks like he's wearing the unwashed version of Dean Ambrose's gear. However, from a purely wrestling and psychology standpoint, this guy gets it. Some of the most entertaining matches in recent memory he's been a part of it.

He is basically wearing his "truck driver gimmick" gear carried over from the indies... it would be interesting to see him change the look... dig what he's got now for the situation though. lol

It might not be clear to see right now, but I believe that Harper has more up side than Roman Reigns. He's big, speaks well and can also wrestle. In time I think he might just stand out.

I feel like that Harper's big enough, got enough skill, and has gotten over enough, that after all the time they invested in him in NXT, they wouldn't just drop him. Rowan, he's dead weight. Harper's got a lot to offer.

Then again, this statement reminds me of another Luke....Luke Gallows, who played the mindless "Festus" a few years ago. Remember? He was a robot until a bell rang and turned him into a madman.

Problem was, once he was finished with the program with Jesse.....and played a similar character for a short time under CM Punk..... we never really got a chance to see what he could do on his own; WWE cut him loose.

Maybe the company didn't think him capable of doing anything else. If they feel the same about Luke Harper, he might suffer the same fate. Conversely, if the WWE braintrust is willing to consider him in a different persona, it might work out for Luke once the Wyatts disband.

As they say, Vince McMahon likes those big bodies.....and Harper certainly qualifies. But then, so did Gallows.

I do see where you're coming from. But I also think that there's huge difference between Luke Gallows and Harper.

Gallows was ok in the ring but in terms of personality, he had none. What I've seen of Harper though is that he has way more personality than Gallows. His ring repertoire is impressive for a big man i.e. he's just not another big man. Having said that, his current gimmick is limited and he's done well within the confines of his gimmick. He's more versatile in the ring and has already shown that he can put fine matches inside the ring and can talk when allowed to. But this gimmick can only take him so far.

I am not in favor of breaking the family at any point in the near future because I think it still has lot to offer. However, in case the family does break up, I see Luke Harper doing fine on his own. He can certainly fill the 'crazy monster' void that will be left by Undertaker and Kane (Kane more than Undertaker). I am not saying replacement, but someone you can rely upon.

The thing is though, Gallows didn't get much of a reaction. Check Harper against the Usos at Battleground, also check him at the Chamber with the Shield. He does get reactions and I believe he is better than Gallows overall, both in the ring and in psychology and mannerisms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back