What's Hulk Hogan's Grudge With Vince McMahon?

CM Steel

A REAL American
TNA Wrestling brought in Hulk Hogan (with Eric Bischoff) to help boost ratings, we see that. And Hogan has a powerful position backstage in TNA. Many people within TNA Wrestling like Dixie Carter see Hulk Hogan as the Vince McMahon of TNA/Impact Wrestling. Everybody but everybody knows that the relationship between Hulk Hogan and WWE chairman Vince McMahon Jr. goes back way to the birth of "sports entertainment".

Hulk & Vince ran the 80's wrestling world! But over the years Hulk & Vince's friendship would get derailed by the business side of things to the point where Hulk & Vince would stop working with each other. People would say that their ego's would bump heads with each other backstage.

A few years ago in the WWE former WWE diva Jillian Hall took on a bad singer-gimmick in the form of Brooke Hogan, Hulk Hogan's daughter. Which pissed off the Hulk (like any girls father). Which could have played a role in Hulk Hogan signing with TNA. At that very press conference Hulk Hogan stated that they (TNA/Impact Wrestling) were "coming after Vince (McMahon)".

Hulk Hogan is a wrestling legend/icon who's playing a chairman-like role backstage in TNA/IW. He is clearly no Vince McMahon. He doesn't seem to have that business sence of McMahon Sr. or Jr. But he really wants and desire's TNA/IW to be the number one and best wrestling company in the world spite Vince McMahon's WWE.

So really is it in competition wise TNA vs WWE? Or Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon? Because these two go back along way to where it gets very personal between the two.

I dunno what grudge you see, the only thing i see is Hogan needs money to pay the golddigger he married that rode his coat tails until he was WWE HOF and unofficially retired and the Hogan Knows Best show bombed then she cheated on him. TNA offered him a creative role and who knows what salary, he took it to save himself.

Vince may have a beef in that Hogan has in the past not been a guy willing to do what's best for business as opposed to best for himself, but other then that they have worked together and Vince has invited him back every time so if there was a beef they certainly hide it well

It's just business, Hogan wants TNA to succeed so he makes more money. Know way in hell would he want WWE out of business cause that would effect everything. and in all interviews Hogan has quoted Vince as being the genius that good him started, not Hogan was the voice and Vince just did what he was told, that rumor is bullshit left over from WCW vs WWF

In an afterview I saw with Hulk a year or so ago he said that him and Vince were ok. He even said they text each other fairly regularly to catch up and talk business! Hogan had some nasty words for Warrior and Bret Hart though.

He said there was no ill feelings but had no plans to go back to WWE but didn't rule it out one day.

It always comes down to 2 things with Hogan. Money and Ego.

I remember Hogan having a problem with his summerslam payout against HBK.

But i don't think there is anything major. It's just Hogan collecting his paycheck from TNA and talking. He is the equivalent of a 4 a.m. informericial pitchman. Whether he believes it or not, he will build a product up like it's the greatest thing since, well.... him!

He is clearly no Vince McMahon. He doesn't seem to have that business sence of McMahon Sr. or Jr. But he really wants and desire's TNA/IW to be the number one and best wrestling company in the world spite Vince McMahon's WWE.

Yes, he clearly wants TNA to have the #1 spot, that's for sure....and yes, he doesn't have Vince's business sense. After all, he figured his very presence would be enough to vault TNA to TV ratings over 3.0. Wrong.

It reminds me of Michael Jordan's aborted attempt at playing baseball. I recall people saying: "Of course, he'll be a great baseball player. After all, he's Michael Jordan!".......and as we witnessed, being an immortal at one sport doesn't guarantee you'll be equally proficient at another. It's the same illogical premise in which Hogan presumes his success as a wrestler automatically qualifies him to run a wrestling company.

As for Hogan's "grudge" against Vince McMahon, I would suggest it revolves around Hogan's ego; his expectation that everything be done the way he wants it done. When it isn't, he starts throwing his weight around......and when that happens, he clashes with the boss.

There's your grudge.

Basically, the way I personally see it, Hogan has the biggest ego in Wrestling, so Hogan wanting to still feel relevant is trying to make TNA the #1 wrestling company but we all know it will be a while before TNA can sniff the WWE's ass, not saying TNA is bad just that people aren't intrested enough to watch it.

To answer your question, it's Hogan trying to pick a fight with Vince. Unlike with WCW, Vince doesn't even see TNA as a real threat yet. Everything i've heard saying this hasn't rubbed Bischoff's reputation in the mud and a return to WWE down the line would be enjoyed by Vince, Hogan probably not so much.

Im not aware of any grudge. Hogan is very protective of his character and his pay. In TNA he has considerable stroke and creative control over his portrayl on TV. With Vince today Hogan would probably have some control but not total and would be expected to help advance other characters and their storylines, not just be the centerpiece of his own. Its the same way HBK & Flair have been used in the last decade. Certainly those two were treated pretty well in their portrayls on TV, but there were times when they had to lose matches or take the losing side in a feud to help elevate another talent. They both did it for Randy Orton, Flair did it for Edge, HBK did it for Cena, etc. Simply put, if Hogan doesnt have "play ball" he usually doesnt. As a guest star for a short term run he might not have to but if he wanted long term steady work in WWE like he has in TNA then it would have to benefit the company, not just his character. In TNA Hogan faces no such restrictions.

Im sure if Hogan wanted to work for WWE, and all contract and legal restrictions like the current federal lawsuit didnt exist I have no doubt Vince would take him back, right after they negotiated exactly how much he would be paid and how he would be used. You can say a lot about Hogan and his ring skills, his complicated relationships with Savage and Flair, his vitrol towards Hart, his role and how big it was in WWE's national expansion, in WCW's last run, debate the good and bad of his creative input in TNA, but one thing you cant dispute or debate is that Hogan is one shrewd business manager when it comes to his wrestling personna. HBK was a better worker, Hart a better in ring performer, Flair a better entertainer, Austin as big a phenom, but no one is a better business man than Hulk Hogan.

There is no beef. Hogan wants to be on TV and still make a lot of money. Vince wanted to limit Hogan on WWE TV and didn't want to pay him top dollar. TNA was stupid enough to put him on TV and give him big money.

There isn't a beef in the way that he had one with Randy Savage or with Warrior for example. I can imagine over the years Vince and Hulk have been friends, enemies and everything in between. You don't go through the long period of time working together, bulding something and then working against each other without respect.

The best way I can equate it is The Who, Pete Townshend is on record as saying he never had anything in common with the others bar the band but professionally they are tight. I don't think Vince and Hulk are quite that bad. Hulk would show up to Vince's funeral and be upset and vice versa but Hogan has spent more time working against Vince than he did for him now. So that is gonna be the main factor.

To me I think the biggest problem with Hogan and McMahon is McMahon built Hogan, but they both know without Hogan Wrestlemania wouldn't have been a success. even without him and all the stars there he was the main foundation that brought wrestling mainstream. Now throughout the years Hogan went to WCW and the war helped make ratings better for both sides and got us out of the clown gimmick era, then in the new millennium he helped build one of the biggest Wrestlemania Matches of all time. Then the feud with him and Vince and the HBK feud which pretty much ended his real run in WWE. Now here is the 2 problems with both sides. First Vince and Hogan have beef with each other due to Hogan wanting to be apart of WWE and Vince snubbing him so when he went to TNA and did his conference at MSG which Vince says is his territory that snubbed Vince the wrong way.
Now does this make them hate each other? No, in reality its kind of like the relationship Vince had with Ted Turner they were chatting, they were casual friends, but its competition. If it helps Hogans ego and it builds something new for the fans to watch even though some storylines are horrible so be it, it happens, but any competition is good competition. Think of Charles Xavier and Magneto. While they disagree with each others opinions they still played chess together. While Hogan is TNA and Vince is WWE its nothing more then a chess match, but there is no real end game unless TNA starts getting bigger.

They aren't enemies or anything. Hogan would go back for a big pay day and Vince would take him back if he thought it would make money.

WWE put out Hogan's Anthology whilst he was in TNA and also featured him in that 'WWE All Stars' video game. They did not do the same for Flair.

When there is money to be made, Hogan and WWE/WKM are just fine.

From wikipedia...

Last year at SummerSlam, I fought Randy Orton—and me and Vince had some problems with the money. Before SummerSlam, I was a little worried because instead of being a main event match I was on fourth against Randy Orton. When I heard about the first three matches at the Fleet Center in Boston, it sounded like a funeral. And when I listened to the crowd reactions to those matches, it did sound like a funeral. Then, when my music came on it was like the old days, people were stood up. It was electric. Randy is a great hard working wrestler and we fought an old school style match. That was the most exciting match I've ever had in the Fleet Centre. I wrestled Steve Borden in a cage, which was a great match in my opinion at least, but this one was better; as after second-guessing I was like 'Oh my god, it still works'. Then Vince went out with his son and wrestled Triple H and Shawn Michaels and it was dead again. Cena went on for the main event, and people started leaving.

He also spoke extensively on his payment, and his concerns of not being a top priority to Vince McMahon, despite the fact that he felt he was the company's biggest draw:“ I felt bad when the night ended, as they should have put me on later, but it was the money that really got to me. I swore I would never talk about the money again with Vince because that's what we always argue about. But when I saw the amount I was like, 'That's like one of my driver's paychecks', so I had to say something. He replied, 'Well you're not the only big guy any more, there are now 12 big guys.' I said, 'Well if that's the case let me explain something to you, I heard the first three matches and (the crowd response was) nothing. I wrestled and I heard what happened. And then I heard your match, Vince, and nothing. And I saw Cena, and people were leaving. I had a hard time getting out the building because of all the people marching through. 'So who are the other 11 big guys you're splitting my money with?

Hogan (even if he is somewhat right about that theme)overhyped a bit but it doesnt change the fact that it's all about the ego and money. If he could still be that big in WWE and earn a lot of money in the proces he would be there. :)

Hogan and Vince have worked together for a long long time. Hogan does seem to have the desire for TNA to be number 1, but I think he thought just his presence alone would get them there. Mustang Sally said that it is all about ego, and I tend to agree with her. Obviously it's going to take more than just Hogan to get TNA up there with the WWE, and I am sure that doesn't sit to well with Hogan. I am sure Hogan will put it aside if Vince offered him the right price though. If their is a grudge I am sure it is the two gigantic egos of Hulk and Vince, but I am sure it is nothing money would not smooth over.

It was actually originally Vince McMahon's grudge on Hulk Hogan but flipped the the other way round. I can explain the whole thing, this is what happened:

Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon's father didn't really like each other that much and Hogan left the wrestling company that is now wwe. He did the role in rocky 3 and around the same time Vince Mcmahon jr bought WWE from his old man and brought Hogan back in order to capitalize on Hogans new found popularity and global awareness of who he is from being in the popular Stallone film.

When Hogan came back to work with McMahon jr they agreed on everything and were basically closer than any butt buddy's could ever be. So years of being bff business partners flew by and the early 90's came around.

In the early 90's Vince Mcmahon was accused of selling and encouraging all his wrestlers to use steroids. The FDA knew Hulk Hogan was roided up so they did him a deal where he wouldn't go to jail as long as he told them everything he knew about Vince Mcmahon's dealings and when evidence was collected Hulk Hogan was forced by the Authorities to testify against Vince McMahon in court and he did.

McMahon took this as an extremely personal attack and a betrayal of trust between himself and Hulk Hogan and didn't care that Hulk Hogan was forced to do it and had no choice in the matter. To Vince McMahon Hogan choosing not going to jail and testifying against McMahon who was breaking the law meant they were no longer friends in McMahons eyes and Hogan was a traitor against McMahons empire. So Hogan was banished from wwe for a while but was eventually brought back due to crap numbers with Bret Hart taking on the role as main babyface. They almost settled their differences but the damage was done and their relationship was majorly tarnished and they began disagreeing on everything.

The relationship continued like this with vince always offering really shit pay for Hogan compared to before the steroid thing right up until the randy orton thing of Summerslam 2006. During this time around 2006 Hogan was under major pressure both physically due to his withered body and financially due to his wife preparing to take him to the cleaners. Then came his sons car crash which destroyed everything Hogan had even more.
Hogan is now desperate for money and what McMahon offers him won't cut it for what his needs are in order to survive close to how his has most of his life. This tight assness from mcmahon is on purpose though going way back to the steroid thing and He's broken Hogans spirit and Hogan hates him for not helping him out.
The two are actually quite bitter rivals now. Its sad.

OP has fallen victim in into thinking wrestling press confrences are real, BROTHER! What do you expect Hulk to have said? "Vince Brother, we ain't coming after you Brother, we just another company that is smaller Brother"

And if you listen to the Jillian Hall shoot interview - you will realise the creation of that charater has NOTHING to do with Hulk Hogan's daughter.

I recall people saying: "Of course, he'll be a great baseball player. After all, he's Michael Jordan!".......and as we witnessed, being an immortal at one sport doesn't guarantee you'll be equally proficient at another.

Shows how well you paid attention to his baseball career. Jordan sucked initially, yes that much is true. But he was later sent to a minor league where he developed his skills and was actually at a level to where he COULD return. However, he got an even bigger deal to go play in the NBA so he took it. If Jordan had come back to finish his baseball career, Jordan could be considered one of the best.

That's a common factor of Jordan and Hogan. They both may not be the best at something. Hogan wasn't the best wrestler nor booker when he started. But through Vince's vision and later the rise and fall of WCW, Hogan has become a great businessman for TNA. He's constantly keeping people interested and the Impact ratings aren't failing.

As for the beef with Hogan and Vince, I don't think there is one. Hogan is a high profit margin for wrestling, but Vince already has Cena making a lot more money than Hogan ever did, and now there's no need for Hogan. So Hogan did the next best thing and chose TNA. Plus, he needs to support his ex-wife's gold digging habits, and he's gotta make sure his son stays out of trouble.

Shows how well you paid attention to his baseball career. Jordan sucked initially, yes that much is true. But he was later sent to a minor league where he developed his skills and was actually at a level to where he COULD return. However, he got an even bigger deal to go play in the NBA so he took it. If Jordan had come back to finish his baseball career, Jordan could be considered one of the best.

Umm no.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone speculate that Michael Jordan could have been one of the best baseball players... anywhere.

His stats:

1994 - Birmingham
GP AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS AVG OBP SLG FLD% PO A E
127 436 46 88 17 1 3 51 30 18 .202 .289 .266 .952 213 6 11

The only thing Jordan could do in a baseball uniform was run... and that didn't mean much because he could never get on base.

Birmingham was also the only team he played for that one year he was a pro ball player, so I'm not sure where you got the rest of your info.

Besides, it's widely been speculated that the reason he 'retired' from the NBA to play pro ball was because he'd secretly been suspended for a year by the NBA due to his gambling problems... and that this was just to cover the whole thing up.

As for this grudge Hogan has with McMahon? The two aren't as close as they used to be, but I don't see any real grudge or animosity between them. If Hogan has any grudge against VKM, it's because he's upset it isn't 30 years ago anymore, and he isn't on the top of the world like he used to be.

If Hogan and the other WCW legends and wrestlers had never signed with WWE and slowly starting appearing in TNA, right now TNA would be a close number 2. Hogans problem is that he wants to relive his glory years. I like Aces n 8's but to me its been done already, the battle for control. I think if Bischoff can create some ideas like the elimination chamber, or raw roulette for TNA they will get there. Hogan doesnt want to sign talent leaving from the WWE right after their 60 day period is up because Vince signed TNA talent but waited months to reveal their new gimmicks. The difference is Vince needs to get that TNA gunk off of talent before comin in. WWE talent is usually still hot and ready to go. If Hogan can stop competing so hard and just book and run the company better, they can become better then WCW 20 years down the line.

It was actually originally Vince McMahon's grudge on Hulk Hogan but flipped the the other way round. I can explain the whole thing, this is what happened:

Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon's father didn't really like each other that much and Hogan left the wrestling company that is now wwe. He did the role in rocky 3 and around the same time Vince Mcmahon jr bought WWE from his old man and brought Hogan back in order to capitalize on Hogans new found popularity and global awareness of who he is from being in the popular Stallone film.

When Hogan came back to work with McMahon jr they agreed on everything and were basically closer than any butt buddy's could ever be. So years of being bff business partners flew by and the early 90's came around.

In the early 90's Vince Mcmahon was accused of selling and encouraging all his wrestlers to use steroids. The FDA knew Hulk Hogan was roided up so they did him a deal where he wouldn't go to jail as long as he told them everything he knew about Vince Mcmahon's dealings and when evidence was collected Hulk Hogan was forced by the Authorities to testify against Vince McMahon in court and he did.

McMahon took this as an extremely personal attack and a betrayal of trust between himself and Hulk Hogan and didn't care that Hulk Hogan was forced to do it and had no choice in the matter. To Vince McMahon Hogan choosing not going to jail and testifying against McMahon who was breaking the law meant they were no longer friends in McMahons eyes and Hogan was a traitor against McMahons empire. So Hogan was banished from wwe for a while but was eventually brought back due to crap numbers with Bret Hart taking on the role as main babyface. They almost settled their differences but the damage was done and their relationship was majorly tarnished and they began disagreeing on everything.

The relationship continued like this with vince always offering really shit pay for Hogan compared to before the steroid thing right up until the randy orton thing of Summerslam 2006. During this time around 2006 Hogan was under major pressure both physically due to his withered body and financially due to his wife preparing to take him to the cleaners. Then came his sons car crash which destroyed everything Hogan had even more.
Hogan is now desperate for money and what McMahon offers him won't cut it for what his needs are in order to survive close to how his has most of his life. This tight assness from mcmahon is on purpose though going way back to the steroid thing and He's broken Hogans spirit and Hogan hates him for not helping him out.
The two are actually quite bitter rivals now. Its sad.
Well if that's the case. Then Hulk & Vince really need to make peace. Hulk needs money and Vince wants all of the wrestling legends signed with him. Hulk Hogan & Vince McMahom made history & millions together as partner's & friends. So why go to the grave with bitterness on your heart?

I think that Hogan & McMahon just need to meet and sit down somewhere like how McMahon & Hart did and just talk things out on a personal & professional level. Vince knows about the Hogan sex tape thing by now. He could help him out if he wanted to. And I'm sure that now Hogan would take an offer from Vince about a WWE legends deal.

We don't know what TNA/Impact wrestling would do if Hulk Hogan were to so much as be seen with anyone from the WWE. But I guess only time will tell.

Ugh, professional wrestling fans. They always want something explained to them as if it's a great struggle, as if it's a great vendetta. Tell them it's not, and they respond "but didn't you see (soandso's) interview???"

Why do they have to have a grudge, which then has to be overcome and reconciliation made? That sounds like a great storyline. Here's another one. An old professional wrestler realized that a company he has worked with much over the past has changed their image, and he no longer fits in with what they're trying to promote. He's offered the choice of a bit part in a large promotion, or a large part in a bit promotion. He makes a decision that makes sense for him personally and financially.

Sounds like a boring story, doesn't it? Well, that's life. It's not all about grudges and power plays. Sometimes it's about you doing your thing, someone else doing theirs, and the two not having any mutual ground. You can't always make the deal.

But if you dress it up with comments on a television show about how you're coming after the other's company, you leave yourself open to sell the "Age In A Cage" match later on down the road.

In 2006 Vince and Hulk were both attending a surprise party for Tito Santana. Tito lives in a busy neighborhood with limited parking. Hulk was thrilled to find a parking spot just two doors down from Tito's apartment. He pulled past the spot in his 1987 Corvette in preparation to parallel park. As he backed up and just started to get his rear right bumper in to the spot a huge silver 1985 Lincoln Town Car started to pull in to the spot and had almost it's whole front end in before the two cars slighty bumped one another. Hulk knew immediately from all the 8-balls of coke he had snorted in the back seat of the Lincoln Town Car that it was Vince that was driving that car.

Both men got out of the car and an argument ensued:

Hulk: "Vince, I was here first Brutha'."
Vince: "Terry, I saw this spot first and I am further in to the spot so pull out and give me what I have earned."
Hulk: "If you saw it first I would have seen you and never had had a chance to pull in, Brutha."
Vince: "I wanted to bring something to the party so I went to the corner bodega and picked up this very gracious gift of Boone's Farm wine."
Hulk: "You don't get to keep a spot if you left it. And who the hell pulls in forward? Brutha'?"
Vince: "Vince McMahon can pull in any way he wants, now move along and let me finish pulling in."
Hulk: "No way man I was here first and you don't even have enough space to pull that tank in to that sized spot."

Awkward silence.....

Hulk: "Sorry, Brutha'."

This arguing went on for about a 10 minutes until Tito appeared. The surprise was ruined.
Hulk: "Arriba! Brutha'."

Vince and Hulk now both hold the parking incident and ruining Tito's surprise party against each other. They live, eat, sleep and breathe to destroy the other man.

In other words, if you really want to learn about Vince and Hogan's history it's over 30 years long, has a lot of money, ego and power involved. No one knows the truth or is going to be honest about it and it's not that big of a deal. Both guys have much bigger problems and enemies in their life. They have used each other for years to just make money. The internet, namely WZ is one of the places where history is forced to come and get shit on (Hashtag Killer's assessment of Jordan's baseball career is proof of that.)

Go read a book.

each one thinks they are the reason why the wwf exploded in the 80's. when Hogan went to wcw and it became big, he thought he was the king of wrestling but then wwf rebounded and wcw closed and Vince thought he was top dog. however, wwe hasn't done nearly as good since then. they both think they are money and that any company they are involved in is the best. it is ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back