Should The WWE Just Sign Hulk Hogan To A Legends Contract?

More nonsense from senior ole..hogan is through, the well is dry. If your such a hogan mark get a job as his groundskeeper and work for free.. he can't do anymore good at this point and he's nearly sixty. Everytime he's aabout to rest in piece some nerd has to jump in with a defibulator. As far as compromisinng I concerned when ever Vince panicks he goes back to cena, rock, austin, and hogan. You can't have leverage on someone who doubles as ur safety net..

HAHAHA!!! That's rich, some dumb fuck is going to tell me I'm typing nonsense when he can't even get my display name right nor can he spell to save his damn life. I'm just calling something like I see it having Hogan do some sort of WWE Legends deal isn't harming anyone except a dumbass like you who just loves to chime in on posts but does so with infinite amounts of stupidity.

Whether you like it or not Hogan has some sort of association with WWE or else he would not have been in their recent WWE All-Stars game. Another thing that can be argued is the mindset that just because an individual is signed to another wrestling brand that he or she can't have an association, even if it's a lose one with their previous employers. I can't blame some people for foolishly buying into that mindset because WWE has always been pretty adamant about such things (in fact I heard a rumor once about Mick Foley getting pulled out of the Legends Of WrestleMania game well into its development because he went to TNA, interestingly enough that never happened with Bret Hart in the WWF War Zone game despite the fact he was well situated in WCW by the time it came out). In the end it really screws over the fans and doesn't have to necessarily be done because if empires like ABC and NBC work together from time to time then I don't see the harm in WWE working with some of its former performers for certain projects more often, case in point Hogan in WWE All-Stars.

Bottom line is this we understand you don't like Hulk Hogan, all well and good but it's even more obvious you can't constructively add anything to most of the topics you post on, so why don't you do us a favor and go piss off, sound good?

Probably yeah. As much as he bugs me, it makes sense for him to end it (whenever he does) in WWE than in TNA. Plus, it would actually help TNA if he left. So win on both sides. And the fans who still go ape shit for Hogan in WWE.

I would answer this the same way as a similar question recently asked about Rob Van Dam: Yes, sign Hogan to a legends contract if you feel getting him away from TNA would damage the smaller company.

Of course, RVD can at least still perform in the ring.....not to the degree he did in the past, but he can still lace 'em up for a few more years. Hogan can't, and his value to WWE would be of a public relations nature. Still, he's a WWE legend and never should have left, imo.

We still don't really know how much having Hogan truly benefits TNA. Has his contract expired? If so, what is TNA doing about it? It seemed a few weeks ago he was going to leave the company; yet, he hasn't. I figured they would be thrilled to have him out of there, financially speaking.

These questions have to be answered before WWE can decide whether to offer Hogan a legends contract. Then again, even if they determine it's worth paying Hogan just to keep him away from TNA, how much do you give him? I doubt Kevin Nash is getting $2 million/year for functioning as a legend..... but is that what Hogan would demand? He wouldn't come cheap.

One more question: This post is based on the presumption that taking Hogan away from TNA would damage them. But could it be WWE's best course is to let TNA keep employing Hogan, paying him ridiculous amounts of money his presence can't justify.......until they tap out financially? (which wouldn't happen just because of Hogan, of course).

Let the financial wizards in WWE make the call.

I honestly doubt WWE even cares that Hogan's there. They're definitely not a threat. 2ndly, I think it's better for business to have some sort of competition. The workers work harder and the fans win. It was WCW's fault they got bought out ...by starting the war. TNA never did anything 'til Bischoff and Hogan came in. And haven't since they failed again. So if Hogan's gone, TNA might be able to get back to where they were in 2006. A big alternative to WWE.

Whether you like it or not Hogan has some sort of association with WWE or else he would not have been in their recent WWE All-Stars game. Another thing that can be argued is the mindset that just because an individual is signed to another wrestling brand that he or she can't have an association, even if it's a lose one with their previous employers.
Yeah duh.. If their is a WWE game called ALL-STARS its going to have our new guys from our era in addition to unlockable characters like Old Skool 'Taker, Vader, maybe even Stunnin' Steve. Those are little treats. Hogan is a historical superstar and obviously he will be featured. Everybody and anybody other then Benoit and Bruno have the potential to pop up in a WWE came. Savage popped up, Ultimate Warrior probably has too. If WWE already has the right to your likeness or you scanned into the game they aren't going to take you out regardless of any last minute falling outs to respond to the Bret Hart point. I agree Hogan has a place in the game, I agree his moments should be alluded to at times but you dont actually need him on the roll call to do it. His virtual image, old footage of him, those two things arent under his legal ownership.

The wrestler will associate with whatever fucking degree the employer deemed apprpriate unless the former employer had them on partial lock down and the new empoyer came into it with an understanding of that or was unwilling to fight it. But hey in addition to doing his lawn you can also be his lawyer too. And his agent. Damn your turning into Roger Smith here..
I can't blame some people for foolishly buying into that mindset because WWE has always been pretty adamant about such things (in fact I heard a rumor once about Mick Foley getting pulled out of the Legends Of WrestleMania game well into its development because he went to TNA, interestingly enough that never happened with Bret Hart in the WWF War Zone game despite the fact he was well situated in WCW by the time it came out). In the end it really screws over the fans and doesn't have to necessarily be done because if empires like ABC and NBC work together from time to time then I don't see the harm in WWE working with some of its former performers for certain projects more often, case in point Hogan in WWE All-Stars.
blah.. they would bring his hit points down or make him look even more homeless then he already does in the game before they took him out completely. He would have to pull a Benoit or an O.J. before they stopped a game nearly hot on the presses. What he does in TNA has nothing to do with past work at 'Mania and fans get that. If fans saw someone they perceived as a TNA guy on a WWE game they'd go crazy for that game too. Just like if WWF Warzone have had Razor, Diesel, and Hogan in a clique on the game out of no where for no reason people would go crazy for it.
Work together? Are you going to stop watching either show because they wage wrestling wars? Are you gonna protest the lack of solidarity? Never seen it done. I thought about it once in the Monday Night Wars c. 1999.. The bigger orginization is going to go for the kill and take the smaller feds fans as its booty. We already know 85 percent will accept the change. How many ECW and WCW diehards watch WWE and have for ten years now? I am one..

Yeah duh.. If their is a WWE game called ALL-STARS its going to have our new guys from our era in addition to unlockable characters like Old Skool 'Taker, Vader, maybe even Stunnin' Steve.

Not necessarily and obviously Steve Austin's "Stunning" persona did not make the cut, so congratulations for making yourself out to be a jackass once again, oh and Vader wasn't in All-Stars either. Old School Taker yes he made an appearance again but in this inning you're already 1 for 3 but please don't stop making an ass out of yourself, I enjoy this.

Those are little treats. Hogan is a historical superstar and obviously he will be featured. Everybody and anybody other then Benoit and Bruno have the potential to pop up in a WWE came.

That might be true but his legendary status does not ensure a damn thing, in fact he was set to be in Here Comes The Pain, but only a slight few months before the game was to be released, he was omitted from the roster and remained only in the RAW and WrestleMania XIX games (for XBOX and GameCube respectively...since their development was finished a lot sooner and the games were all set to be released) Removed Character Footage - SmackDown Here Comes The Pain - Click Here

Savage popped up, Ultimate Warrior probably has too.

Yeah Savage popped up only thing is it just took him I would say what like 17 years to show up in a WWE game, last time he showed up in a game associated with WWF/E was in 1994's WWF RAW (and that was only on the Sega Game Gear version, mind you). It took over a decade for Warrior to show up in a WWF/E game as well prior to Legends Of WrestleMania and WWE All Stars the last WWF/E game he was in was In Your House. So despite the fact that we all know that archive footage of these wrestlers is not that big of an issue (since Vince can reuse that time and again)...there has to be some catch with involving these guys in wrestling games. Or else Warrior and Savage would have been showing up in wrestling games consistently since THQ and WWE started the whole legends feature in their games.

If WWE already has the right to your likeness or you scanned into the game they aren't going to take you out regardless of any last minute falling outs to respond to the Bret Hart point.

Um, I call bullshit on that. Mick Foley was on Opie And Anthony years ago and explained that he was taken out of the game, Mick Foley On Opie And Anthony Recap - Click Here I mean I of course hold out the possibility that Foley could have been working the folks listening but think of it like this, Foley is a long standing WWE legend and the game was well into development by the time he was getting ready to leave considering how the game had a meshing of Attitude Era and Federation era stars, I could see Foley being in the game at one time and like it was proven in the past with guys like Hardy, Warrior and Hogan being in WWE SmackDown - Here Comes The Pain only to be taken out during development then I could see Mick Foley's statement about being taken out to be very plausible.

Obviously you're the one who has trouble grasping how WWF/E has been selective about who they'll have removed from their games. Just because Bret Hart made the cut in WWF War Zone does not mean that WWE has done that with everyone.

I agree Hogan has a place in the game, I agree his moments should be alluded to at times but you dont actually need him on the roll call to do it. His virtual image, old footage of him, those two things arent under his legal ownership.

Again if it were that easy, I am sure WWE would include EVERY single legend that they could then if they had exclusive rights over their "virtual image", I would reckon that a video game likeness and archive footage do not fall under the same category, if there are any entertainment lawyers roaming these forums, I'd love for you to chime in. However I am going to go on a limb here and say that archive footage and virtual likenesses do not fall under the same rules, if that were the case that would I think mean that Vince McMahon and WWE could put in any legend they choose at any time without having to negotiate any licensing or royalty deals. But obviously that hasn't happened now, has it? Again I cite the fact that it took almost two decades for Savage to show up in a new WWE game and almost a decade a half for the Warrior. Care to counter that?

The wrestler will associate with whatever fucking degree the employer deemed apprpriate unless the former employer had them on partial lock down and the new empoyer came into it with an understanding of that or was unwilling to fight it.

You know I sometimes understand that grammar can be structured poorly amongst the posters on here, again I realize we are not in Language Arts class but seriously man, do you really need to butcher the spelling of words? I mean you obviously want to try to make a point about something but you sound like a completely stupid jackass every time you type something, give it up moron, you have no merit.

But hey in addition to doing his lawn you can also be his lawyer too. And his agent. Damn your turning into Roger Smith here...

I was making a general statement about Hulk Hogan and how a legends deal with him could work, even if I wasn't a big fan of his I would still think the same way, again because he is who he is in the wrestling business and it's been known in the past that Vince wanted to do more with the Hulk Hogan name and likeness because he still sees the viability in it to some degree. Yes, I think we all know this isn't 1985 anymore but nostalgia on some levels still sells and in the times that Hogan has been back the WWE has been pretty willing to show just that.

But here's some advice lecture me on my points and stances when you can learn how to use the proper spelling and syntax needed to partake in an intelligent discussion. "Your" not going to have a problem doing that now "r u"? You stupid cunt...

blah.. they would bring his hit points down or make him look even more homeless then he already does in the game before they took him out completely. He would have to pull a Benoit or an O.J. before they stopped a game nearly hot on the presses.

I mentioned this already and backed up my point, I am not going to repeat myself here, unlike what you're doing. But just the same this rhetoric is great, you're basically helping me prove my point, how delicious!

What he does in TNA has nothing to do with past work at 'Mania and fans get that. If fans saw someone they perceived as a TNA guy on a WWE game they'd go crazy for that game too. Just like if WWF Warzone have had Razor, Diesel, and Hogan in a clique on the game out of no where for no reason people would go crazy for it.

Right. Bottom line is this more often than not a wrestler competing/working for a rival organization has often barred them from appearing in ventures that WWE has produced. That's not always the case I understand (i.e. RVD in WWE SvR 2011, Hogan in WWE All Stars) but just the same you don't see it too often. Therefore your analogy about having Hogan, Diesel and Razor in WWF WarZone is pure bullshit.

Work together? Are you going to stop watching either show because they wage wrestling wars? Are you gonna protest the lack of solidarity? Never seen it done. I thought about it once in the Monday Night Wars c. 1999.. The bigger orginization is going to go for the kill and take the smaller feds fans as its booty. We already know 85 percent will accept the change. How many ECW and WCW diehards watch WWE and have for ten years now? I am one..

What the hell does that have anything to do with what this topic is discussing? Anyway like I said before and like I said in reply to the OP, Hulk Hogan having a WWE Legends deal isn't harming anyone, again unless him making a few extra bucks off his name is going to do something to affect your life, why should you really give a shit? You can't even present an actual argument other than the fact that you're just not a fan of his, which of course can be respected to a degree but considering the amount of stupidity and drivel you type, you in turn have undermined every single point you were trying to make.

Again, I stand by what I said...do piss off and next time you want to bring up figures in business like Roger Smith, try to not come off as so esoteric to everyone, give a little background to those that don't know who the hell he is. I mean I know he has had quite the history with General Motors as their former Chairman and CEO and of course has had a dubious distinction of being one of the least successful CEOs of a big business but hey what are you gonna do? He still sounds like a bigger success than some moron like you who can't even spell half the words he says properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back