Should the WWE sign Jake "The Snake" Roberts to a WWE legends contract?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Jake "The Snake" Roberts: One of the most evil wrestling stars in history. A true legend. He was one of the few who were "number two" after Hulk Hogan reigning as number one in the 1980's WWF/E. The last time the WWE universe saw Jake "the Snake" in the WWE was in 2005 on RAW on a segment of Chris Jericho's "highlight reel" with Randy Orton. Where Roberts & Orton mixed it up before Orton hit the RKO on Jake.

So the WWE has been without Jake "the Snake" Roberts for seven years. Now even with Jake's legal problems & woes. Can the WWE find a way to bring Jake Roberts back in the company, like signing him to a legends deal? Jake "the Snake" has alot of wrestling knowledge, passion, and heart. He could make for a great trainer or a scout like Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Kevin Nash or somebody down in NXT.

So should the WWE sign Jake "The Snake" Roberts to a WWE legends contract?

Hell yes!!

He never had the size or strength of some/most of his day..
BUT his mic work/ring pyschology more than made up for it,

He made you believe he was truly one evil mother fucker!!

He could help the long,LONG list of those that suck on mic at this time

Yes, but I think that Jake needs to get a few things right in his life. Once he realises that his career as an active wrestler is over, and he gets clean, and he's open to imparting his knowledge to the younger set with no hidden agendas, then yes, sign him up. Until then, I think the baggage and risk far outweighs any potential upside to his signing.

I think they should if they can have that dropkick Sean Waltman scout talent and work for them then I think Jake Roberts would be great in scouting and developmental.

I think he would be better training the young kids and scouting talent. He has one of the greatest minds for wrestling, and could also help to the writing team i believe.
In a perfect world, Jake and raven would be in charge of the development system in Tampa and help writing SmackDown and NXT.

I don't really know, I love Jake Roberts may be an hell of a talent, he was top notch at everything but he was never a fun guy to be around. Road Agents or Trainers have to be open guys, they need to be a good asset of role models and unfortunately Roberts isn't.

I for once wouldn't really mind it, but he would break down thanks to the travell and everything in it. I for once want Roberts to get clean, to retire, write a book and maybe maybe after that go one to teach some guys how to that awesome like he was back in the days.

Oww Roberts v. Steamboat - that DDT can't get out of my head!

I think that Jake would be a huge asset. The guy may not have been the best wrestler in terms of movesets, yet the guy was a great thinking mans wrestler. Where a lot of the wrestlers today seem bland, Jake could help with that, work with some of the guys who are like him, who may not have the moveset, but have the mind to play games with people and how to perfect that side of the game the way Jake did

Jake Roberts was one of my favorites when I was a kid. He didn't have an especially good look, didn't really have a good build, wasn't a great athlete but he had that intangible factor that can truly make a star. He had a kind of understated charisma that was kind of magnetic in my view. He didn't have to scream or shout, he didn't have to stomp around and flex his muscles or anything like that. All he had to do was look straight at the camera. The fact that he'd sometimes quote lines from great literary works sometimes in a menacing voice could give you chills.

Should WWE sign Jake Roberts to a Legends contract? As long as he doesn't really have to do anything, then sure. The problem is that a wrestlers or former wrestler is going to have to do something no matter what. Jake is someone that's not really all that reliable, as we all know. I don't know the status of his battles with addiction but, like Scott Hall, the guy is a time bomb waiting to go off. If WWE has no interest in hiring Jake because of unreliability and the worry that he's going to do something to humiliate the company, then I don't blame them one bit.

If he's someone that's got his shit together and has had his shit together for a good long while, then it'd be something worth looking into. Otherwise, the WWE is wise to stay as far from Jake as possible.

NO. I'm a huge jake roberts fan, but I don't feel like seeing and hearing wwe get the blame the next time Roberts gets some attention due to his drug use.

I don't think it would be a good idea. They have already had released a DVD, toys and put him in a few video games. how much more can they do merchandise wise? He looked rough in his last appearances in WWE and TNA. He could barely cut a promo the last time he was on tv.

Why bother?

The point of a Legends deal is to lock up a performer so that they can't go work for your competition. It's a lesson learned from the Monday Night Wars, when a lot of the "WWF Rejects" took off and became the performing nucleus for another company. If it's cheaper for you to sign them to low-paying deals than it would be to let them work somewhere else, do it.

Randy the Ram... er, Jake Roberts, isn't going to be much help to anyone. There's a reason you don't see him around the big companies; he is a walking cautionary tale of the excesses of professional wrestling. For the old time fans, he's be a hoot to run into at an Axxess event, but to everyone under the age of 30, he's walking death. Is there any help he can offer that no one else can?

There's no gain to hiring Jake Roberts to work for your company, and no loss in letting him go work for someone else. Hence, there's no point in making him an offer.

I think it would all depend on where Roberts is now in life. Is he going good or does he still uses and what not. If he is still using then no. Not in any circumstances should he be brought back.
Now if he is clean then I would but only for backstage purposes. I think he would be a great person to learn from for the speaking and promos etc. I mean everyone said that he had the mind for wrestling. Only if the situation was right I would put him on TV. Maybe as a manager or something.

I don't think WWE want Roberts around in case (God forbid) he were to drop dead. It wouldn't look good. It's the same reason another of the all time greats is not assosiated in any way: Scott Hall. Hell, there is even still a cloud over Kurt Angle. These people were HUGE names i nwreslting. If they die - its all over the news in a big way.

I was a huge Jake Roberts fan as a kid, and wow would he be a great teacher for the young guys. He could be such an asset to any wrestling company just for his mind alone. That being said, I really don't think they should hire him unless he is totally clean which I doubt. Like Jack Hammer said, he is a time bomb that could go off at anytime. I don't think it would be worth the risk at this point for the WWE. If it was just a legends deal, and he didn't really have to do anything then sure. If he is going to have to be relied on for anything then I don't think they would take the chance. It is a shame to because a clean sober Jake Roberts would be a great addition behind the scenes for WWE.

Jake was awesome as a heel. Not sure why he ever had that long run as a face! He wasn't a face character, though he got over really well as a face! The best heel in the history of the company IMO!

Jake Roberts is a fucking crackhead. Uh, hello?

Fuck no they shouldn't. he cant be relied upon, and has little to no use to them anyway.

Jake should definitely be back. He could manage Santino's Cobra.

Or form a stable with Jake the Snake, Santino's Cobra, Randy Orton's Viper, Stone Cold's Rattle Snake, even Hulk Hogan's 24 Inch Python's, LOL.

Yes, but I think that Jake needs to get a few things right in his life. Once he realises that his career as an active wrestler is over, and he gets clean, and he's open to imparting his knowledge to the younger set with no hidden agendas, then yes, sign him up. Until then, I think the baggage and risk far outweighs any potential upside to his signing.

That's never going to happen. He's been trying to get his life on track for many many years. At his age, I don't see that happening. But I hope he does obviously. I'm just being realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back