Who is the top legend under a WWE legends contract?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Ever since the whole WWE legends contract concept came about in the E. Wrestling legends from almost all past wrestling promotions signed with Vince McMahon to stay with some money in their pockets. But for the last 6-7 years years in the WWE. Who has been the top legend under a WWE legends contract who is worth the most to the WWE? Let's do a roll call of legends okay?...

-Sgt. Slaugther
-Dusty Rhodes
-Rowdy Roddy Piper
-Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
-Pat Patterson
-"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
-"Super Fly" Jimmy Snuka
-Jerry "The King" Lawler
-Tony Atlas
-Ted Dibiase Sr.
-Jimmy Hart
-Mike Zotunda aka I.R.S.
-Dean Malenko
-Mae Young
-Ron Simmons
-Arn Anderson
-Mick Foley
-Kevin Nash
-"Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr.

Just to name a few...

Upon his retirement from the WWE atlease. Ric Flair was under a WWE legends, but he had left for the Hulk Hogan "Hulkamania Tour" & TNA/Impact wrestling soon after.

But who is the top legend under a WWE legends contract?

Steve Austin is the biggest star under a legends contract, really surprised you missed him, but he also has "one more match in him".

Without a doubt he's worth the most money in both merchandise and drawing power when he makes appearances.

Ditto for Bret Hart...

Of those listed I'd probably say Piper, as the Pit segments are a major part of the fabric of WWE, that they still use it today rather than give someone else a "show" says a lot. Then Lawler of course as he is still a part of RAW.

Foley is probably next and then Pat Patterson, as he was Vince's #2 for most of the last 20 years and while he doesn't appear onscreen or isn't officially an agent anymore, he is still probably one of VKM's most trusted advisors.

I think hogan is under a legends contract also even though he is with TNA.

Of your list I would have to say it's Foley hands down as to who is worth more to the WWE. His charity work is becoming well known esp. the work he does with battered women. While Austin may be the biggest name they really don't get much out of him.

You can say what you want about Foley but the night WCW spoiled that he was going to be champ is the night that started the turn around for the WWF and people switched over to watch because he payed his dues.

So while others may be more money you asked who is worth more and that's Foley, both with his appearances and the fact that he makes them legit w/ his charity work.

I second that, Punkmadness93. From what I've heard HBK is the highest paid under a legends contract right now. And imo hes the most relevant out of the group.

This is in no order, but I would have to say.

HBK
Steve Austin
Bret Hart
Mick Foley
Kevin Nash
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Those are the names most people remember things about.

To me HBK is easily the most important legend of the group. However unlike some of the other legends you will never See HBK wrestle again. Stone Cold will wrestle at least one more if not a few more matches so you can make an argument for him. I would however love for Shawn to be used more on TV in non wrestling roles. Or if they do sign Edge to a contract I think he is still relevant enough to have a huge impact as a GM or manager role.

Probably Nash because he can be used in some good storylines like foley. Unlike HBK who wont have another match.

In terms of actual value/modern relevancy Edge would have been right up there had he signed a contract. HBK's retirement from wrestling and probabal reluctance in appearing regularly minus mania diminishes his in my view. Austin maybe has one more match but again he will never appear regularly again.

I think Foley out of everyone probably is the most likely to make a sustained impact whether in a GM role or other regular on-screen capacity. He still has one or two good fueds left in him as well and can really help young talent get over, Dean Ambrose anyone?

It's pretty obviously Austin, unless you count Rock's contract as a legends contract. Which you probably shouldn't considering he's main eventing WrestleManias and such.

Austin's t-shirts are still among the top selling on WWE Shop and there's always a certain excitement level when he comes around. People still want to see him, even if it's something as trivial as a guest referee spot. Also, his value to Tough Enough last year cannot be understated. The show would not have been the success that it was without him.

I would have to say...

Dusty Rhodes hands down only becuz he does a LOT for WWE that we dont see, but if its as a on air/ring persona I would think the king by a landside...

good topic btw...

I agree that Austin is one of the more prominent figures with a legends contract. And even if he's not wrestling, Shawn is up there. You know the payday from WM28 was huge, even if he was only a referee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back