Why are TNA entrance themes really bad?

Ive been wondering this for like 3 years or so now and it's true. TNA does have some god awful entrance music and shirt designs as well, even ROH beats their ass in both those departments. I think maybe they dont really care? But lately it's gotten better with the new MCMG Theme and Joe's new Rap Mix is cool. What I do hate is how they remix WWE Outcasts themes and they usually sound terrible like Booker T when he was there and Mr. Andersons.

TNA's entrance theme's aren't bad at all. I honestly enjoy most of the entrance themes in TNA. Beer Money shouldn't have change theirs, I liked the old one with "Sorry about your damn luck!" in it a lot better. That's really the only one that comes to mind that I just don't like. All the others range from average to great. How can people not like themes such as the ones used by Kurt Angle, Angelina (her new one from last week), Taylor & Sarita, and many more? TNA has a really good collection of entrance themes if you ask me because many of them get you excited for the matches that are about to happen.

TNA's entrance theme's aren't bad at all. I honestly enjoy most of the entrance themes in TNA. Beer Money shouldn't have change theirs, I liked the old one with "Sorry about your damn luck!" in it a lot better. That's really the only one that comes to mind that I just don't like. All the others range from average to great. How can people not like themes such as the ones used by Kurt Angle, Angelina (her new one from last week), Taylor & Sarita, and many more? TNA has a really good collection of entrance themes if you ask me because many of them get you excited for the matches that are about to happen.

I agree that TNA's theme music is normally low quality and can suck at times but what really bothers me is the lack of quality entrance videos that they use for the superstars. The videos look like crap! Its not hard to splice in footage of each guy doing their signature moves or memorable moments with some added graphics for an entrance video. Hell most fans make better videos than what TNA is using. If we had a multimedia forum I would make a thread for fans to create their own entrance videos of TNA superstars....

Ive been wondering this for like 3 years or so now and it's true. TNA does have some god awful entrance music and shirt designs as well, even ROH beats their ass in both those departments. I think maybe they dont really care? But lately it's gotten better with the new MCMG Theme and Joe's new Rap Mix is cool. What I do hate is how they remix WWE Outcasts themes and they usually sound terrible like Booker T when he was there and Mr. Andersons.

Oh really? I find this to me rather interesting as I have to wonder what in the BLUE FUCK you are talking about? Do you even know yourself? I mean seriously, outside of Colt Cabana, Kenny King, and Chris Hero's theme song's what the fuck are the rest of the themes in ROH, random guitar rift #5 or something? Their theme songs are complete and utter craptastic clusterfucks and mostly sound the same.

And don't even get me started on the t-shirts in ROH. I mean, I know the wrestlers design them themselves and shit, but can you seriously tell me that they "Bobby Dempsey" shirt is the product of some marketing genius and ranks above TNA's shirt line? Fuck, I would put any of the OLD TNA shirts that they put on clearance two years ago up against ROH's any day.

So I'm really not sure where you get this information from because it's a complete load and has zero merit to back it up. Seriously dude, it's not even a debate.

TNA's entrance themes can be pretty hit or miss. I know many of their themes are rip-offs of existing songs, but I still liked some of them. I think James Storm's theme is just Shooter Jennings' Electric Rodeo with different lyrics. Regardless, it was a great theme. Then there the pieces of crap that Dave Oliver gives us. Even MCMG disliked their old Sonic the Hedgehog music. The MEM theme annoyed the heck out of me too.

Some of the themes are now very closely linked with the wrestler/group, i.e. The Beautiful People, Awesome Kong, Samoa Joe (the opening), etc. If it's used long enough to gain that association, does it eventually become "good"? If The Rock's theme had been given to a random midcarder, would it still be considered as good as we think it is?

Entrance themes aside, I hope TNA ups its production values. When I first started watching it, it looked like it was produced by my university's local TV channel. Remember the entrance videos?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BcNsr1WOJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9BcNsr1WOJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Thank the Lord they decided to not show the damn entrance videos every time a wrestler comes out.

Actually, what you are thinkin of wasn't actually Beer Money's theme as much as it was James Storm's. But I agree, it was pretty damned kick ass. I mean I don't usually like country at all, but that was some serious rock out with your cock out tunes coming on every time the Tennessee Cowboy came out. They should have signed that vocalist to an exclusive contract as he has some potential when it comes to belting out over themes. I'm nowhere near as impressed with whoever did Matt Morgan's. That guy just sucks ass.

There's 3 TNA themes that come right out and say "We suck", and they're all new to TNA. Orlando Jordan, Brian Kendrick, and Shawn Morley all have terrible music.

I happen to love the rest though. AJ, Beer Money Inc., MCMG, Kurt Angle, and Tara's music are all better than almost anything WWE has. I'm also a huge mark for Matt Morgan's. Whatever happened to Homicide? His music was great too.

TNA > WWE for music, as well as just about everything else.

I don't mind the music, as long as it isn't as damn cheesy as that guy who had a toilet flushing with evil music in the background or it wasn't a recycled piece used by another wrestler who was well known and had it for a lengthy time... it's entrance music and it does it's job.

What I am pretty annoyed at is the lack of design for the TNA Titantron's as of late. They have completely changed them from the normal videos where you show the wrestler's nameplate, shots of them being in character and their best executed moves... to just fucking naming plates. What is the purpose of having a titantron when all it says is the person's name? You have an announcer to do that, don't let the titantron do the work for you. It's acceptable for those that are new to the business because they haven't got much to work with, but for those more experience... they should be able to get some good moves being delivered and some character shots in.

In the same token, it doesn't discriminate against other people for having shittier titantron videos. They have simple videos to match the music and convey the point in a direct manner to the audience, and considering how fast-paced the company has been, the creation of flashy titantron videos to accompany the themes haven't been needed.

All in all, the music is pretty good and I don't mind most of them, expect for the one's NSL mentioned for the same reasons. I just wish they did more with the videos and fused them together with the music to make entrances much more interesting.

There's 3 TNA themes that come right out and say "We suck", and they're all new to TNA. Orlando Jordan, Brian Kendrick, and Shawn Morley all have terrible music.

I dunno about Orlando, his is ok.... Morley's sucks but I can ignore it.... Kendrick is the part where I completely agree with you. I mentioned during the LD that I thought his new song was awful, and many people responded with disagreement. I'm still a fan of the guy, I just hate his current song. It does nothing to show me what his TNA character will be like, or what he can do in the ring which I already knew about from his time in WWE. Kendrick should use a fast and heavy song like he had for his tag team with London as well as his time as THE Brian Kendrick.... but his new one? I can't even think of an adjective to describe it because it just plain sucks and needs to be replaced. It could be worse, but it's bottom tier as far as TNA themes go for me.

TNA is just like the WWE in terms of themes.. both are kinda mediocre with some real stand outs.

Pope's although basic is great, Desmond Wolfe's is pretty good, AJ's is great (but maybe needs a new one to fit a heel persona), Angles is pretty good.. and then you have the rip offs like Anderson's, Hogans.. all are recognizable and memorable.

The best wrestling themes to me are ones that are simple, catchy, and recognizable. But it's tough to do that without being generic.

The TNA music is absolutely attrocious. The reason for this is that they don't employ Jim Johnston, who is by far the most influential musician in wrestling history. Everyone had perfect entrance music about 10 years ago, but now not very many people do. The WWE have started using actual songs as entrance music, which isn't as good, but it's still better than what TNA does, which is essentially midi versions of clones of actual songs or the wrestler's previous WWE themes. TNA may as well just open a load of contests for bands to write a theme and the prize is that they get free exposure, because right now they look completely amateur in their produciton values. They also need to turn the entrance music up, because you can hardly hear it.

Ric Flair's music is awesome, I dont know if TNA created that though, I also very much enjoy AJ's, although it could be louder as Tasty said, Mick Foley's aint bad, Kurt Angle's is alright.

Apart from that TNA's music is pretty crap, about as generic as Ted Jr and Cody Rhodes.

I like AJ Styles theme and Stings....but generally TNA's suck.

Why is Ric not using the same theme he has used since he was freaking born lol. Maybe over time they will improve but unlike WCW and older WWE ones, their themes aren't ones which stick with you and make you pop when they come on.

Wrestling theme songs are at an all time worst for me. I cant get over all thise garbage mumbo jumbo mtv crap style music that i hear in WWE, none of it has any impact whatsover and TNA is just as bad but there are a few decent ones here and there for both companies.

I just miss "defining" theme songs. Again i resort back to old school days but when you had themes like Warriors, Hogans, Demoltion, LoD, Dibiase, Razor, Rockers, Brets, Taker, Austin, Diesel, Perfect....its just so hard to accept what is modern day theme songs...they had power back then, they really meant something to the character.

Maybe some really like the new stuff, so many theme tunes i just cant get into these days other than a few and the classics that are still around.

I think that TNA wants to seperate themselves from WWE's "showiness". If you noticed, TNA doesn't have elaborate ring entrances or Pay-Per-View Hype because they focus more on the in-ring attitude and making everyone have a role.

For example, on Raw, most of the time on the show is taken up by entrances and PPV hype. On iMPACT, there are more in-ring promos and making matches.

So thats why I believe TNA has bad entrance music.

Before I go into objective details, I will just put this out there and say this. From the bottom of the card to the top of the card, TNA's themes are bland, generic, and sound like they should be on an N64 version of No Mercy (and even that game had better entrance themes than TNA's actual show). The ONLY entrance theme in TNA that is catchy and very original is Pope's, and they (or maybe it's Elijah/Pope's idea) deserve a pat on the back. Only my opinion, on to the meat.

The main difference between TNA and WWE's themes are a few different things :

Job squad to Lower/Mid Midcard - Most of TNA's themes are just generic guitar/hip hip/techno riffs that have absolutely no imagination put into them. They are just background noise and in no way match the actual character using them. WWE puts more work into their themes, but sometimes really flop, for example, Ziggler's theme. It sounds like TNA was actually sourced to do this theme for him, lol.

Upper Midcard - Main Event : Discussing names that don't come from WWE (where they blatantly take ideas or outright copy the song), again, it sounds like an amateur sound team picked up a guitar and synth, made a generic riff, and threw in some special effects to spruce it up. WWE on the other hand, shows where they rise above TNA in this area.

WWE has the actual money to call up a band and pay the guys for rights to use their music on WWE Television for any given superstar. Most of the Upper Mid Card have sourced songs from major bands that people recognize. Guys Like Triple H and Edge actually have REAL bands customize a song for their entrances, which REALLY sets them apart from any of the status quo. Triple H is the best example, every single entrance he's had has been motorhead since 98. King of Kings is still one of my favorite WWE entrance themes of all times.

TNA just needs to open their eyes and see that entrance themes do ALOT for a character. Pope D'Angelo Dinero is the best example going. For anyone who didn't know who he was, the moment that funk hit the speakers people were interested. It's a GREAT FRIGGIN' entrance theme. I don't know why TNA doesn't see why Pope's entrance theme did what it did, but all it took was two appearances and you had the marks firmly behind him, because his entrance theme made him look legit, and bigger than life.

Every other TNA star has generic music that does nothing for their character. I hate Kurt Angles theme, you can hear where they outright stole his WWE trumpet theme, and Hogan's NWO theme that was ACTUALLY taken from a WCW N64 game sounds like complete garbage. Can't really say much for hogan, because Vince owns BOTH of his entrance themes from WWF and WCW, so Hogan's pretty much stuck with using cut-rate music that sounds hand-me-down and cheap.

If TNA were smart, they'd source out a lot of entrance themes to popular bands, and they'd see instant returns in stars getting over only because their entrance theme kicks so much ass. That, or hire a MUCH better sound team than what they have, or an outright totally different division dedicated to engineering and creating good opening themes for all the stars.

TNA also doesn't realize that it isn't as expensive as most people would think to buy rights from a band to use a song. This is HEAVY advertising for the band. WWE gets extremely good deals when they procure a sourced song from the band, because the band knows millions of people will be hearing it on TV, on PPV, and of course, on WWE Soundtrack Albums. It's a win-win-win situation for all parties involved, WWE gets an entrance them, the band gets next to free advertisement for their material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back