WWE vs TNA: Entrance Themes

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Carrying on from my merchandise thread somewhat (which you can have a look at here http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=232435) I've decided to talk about something that is almost as key to a wrestler as their gimmick, entrance music.

Entrance themes can get an audience amped up, whether it be Steve Austin's glass shattering, Undertaker's morbid music, or Hulk Hogan's Real American, theme music is key to helping a wrestler get over (somewhat)

Now I want to more talk about the themes from the past 10/12 years, otherwise WWE would hands down win because of having so many classic themes for their wrestlers.

Now I will admit I don't watch WWE on a regular basis anymore, but i will say this, they've kind of dropped the ball with their music. Now don't get me wrong I dig quite a few of the current themes (Miz's, Ziggler's, Wade Barrett's) but they all sound like they've been made by the same band. I don't see anything distinguishable aside from probably the intro, which is the only thing that relates to the actual wrestler. Aside from Ryback and Santino I can't think of any wrestler that has a distinguishable theme (that isn't established).

Now over on the TNA front it's slightly better. Each wrestler has a distinguishable theme. Bobby Roode has a cool orchestral piece, James Storm has a country rock theme, in fact I'd say that Austin Aries is one of the few guys with a weak theme, but even then its distinguishable from everyone else's.

So which company do you think does better themes??

I agree that if we were talking about anything past maybe the last 10 years then it would be WWE hands down. However, like the OP said I really think the WWE has dropped the ball in this area in recent years. It really does sound like the same band (crappy band at that) makes all of the entrance music. There are exceptions of course, but I haven't been happy with their music in some time. TNA is starting to get better in that area. The problem is the music is hard to distinguish on TV. Sometimes I have to really listen to figure out who is coming to the ring. Production value alone would put WWE ahead, but if you want to talk about original music that sounds good, and actually gives identity to the wrestler coming to the ring then i would give TNA the slight edge at this point.

it doesnt matter that the music has a common source HBsam.. The guy who made Razor Ramon's theme made Bret Hart's, HBK's, Austin's, Kane's the works, that Bob Johnston or Johnson or something. WWE's worst theme's are better then TNA's.

Kane has a unique theme, Sandal does too, Xtian's, Ryder's, Orton's CM's, Lesnar's, Kofi [personally wise not heritage wise], and Truth.. Oh and Vince's music still hits hard.

All of TNA's themes sound like generic rap, generic rock, or generic nu metal..

I think the best way to shut this down is to ask what music was better for a wrestler in both companies. Angle's TNA sux, Xtian's TNA theme sucked, Ditto for Dudleys', Hogan's NWO B team theme is straight but TNA could rent voodoo child if they wanted, Booker's theme was alright in TNA, Anderson's is better, RVD's new theme is lame, Foley's was lame, thats my take. love to read a rebuttal.

it doesnt matter that the music has a common source HBsam.. The guy who made Razor Ramon's theme made Bret Hart's, HBK's, Austin's, Kane's the works, that Bob Johnston or Johnson or something. WWE's worst theme's are better then TNA's.

Kane has a unique theme, Sandal does too, Xtian's, Ryder's, Orton's CM's, Lesnar's, Kofi [personally wise not heritage wise], and Truth.. Oh and Vince's music still hits hard.

All of TNA's themes sound like generic rap, generic rock, or generic nu metal..

I think the best way to shut this down is to ask what music was better for a wrestler in both companies. Angle's TNA sux, Xtian's TNA theme sucked, Ditto for Dudleys', Hogan's NWO B team theme is straight but TNA could rent voodoo child if they wanted, Booker's theme was alright in TNA, Anderson's is better, RVD's new theme is lame, Foley's was lame, thats my take. love to read a rebuttal.

Thanks for missing part of what I wrote. I said aside from established stars no one really has a stand out theme, that includes Orton, Punk, Lesnar, Vince etc. (I will give you Kofi though) and are you really going to say TNA's are generic while comparing them to modern WWE themes??

And it seems Jim Johnston (the guy who wrote the themes you mentioned) doesn't seem to have as much input as he does before.

I don't know man, this is actually something I been thinking about for years. WWE's themes just seem so...distinctive for every superstar for the most part, like they were crafted to fit. I do feel agree with the point that they sound to much alike today, though. But I don't know, TNA'a themes just sound generic to me, even for the very top stars like Angle/Sting, etc.

I don't know man, this is actually something I been thinking about for years. WWE's themes just seem so...distinctive for every superstar for the most part, like they were crafted to fit. I do feel agree with the point that they sound to much alike today, though. But I don't know, TNA'a themes just sound generic to me, even for the very top stars like Angle/Sting, etc.

Well, minus the lyrics in Angle's... but then, that theme wasn't produced by TNA. It was produced by Cena's cousin as a matter of fact.

Thanks for missing part of what I wrote. I said aside from established stars no one really has a stand out theme, that includes Orton, Punk, Lesnar, Vince etc. (I will give you Kofi though) and are you really going to say TNA's are generic while comparing them to modern WWE themes??

And it seems Jim Johnston (the guy who wrote the themes you mentioned) doesn't seem to have as much input as he does before.

Santino, Sandow, Ryder, Slater, Khali, Beth Pheonix, Mahal.. So yeah i am. With TNA themes you can barely even hear them bump anyways. All distortion blanketing cheap rock or cliche rap beats and hooks. Other then AJ's theme and the old Beer Money tune they all suck..

I have to agree that WWE's newer themes have kind of been bland here lately. Sure, Jim Johnston was in charge for years and some awesome shit got made, but it all sounded different. Today's themes seem like they all have the same ring to them. Now the established stars do have kickass themes but the newer guys seem to be worse. As for TNA, there old themes sucked but they are getting better. I love James Storm's. Bobby Roode's is damn good too. TNA's themes are improving and WWE's themes are going downhill, and I am certainly no TNA mark, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back