Why I voted for Dagger Dias (The confession of a "moron")

You weren't here when Sidious was here. If you were, you would know what happens when there is a mod that nobody likes.

Don't you think it is a bit of an overstatement to suggest that Dagger will be a mod that "no one likes"?

And it's definitely an overstatement to compare him to Sidious. That guy was truly one of a kind.

Don't you think it is a bit of an overstatement to suggest that Dagger will be a mod that "no one likes"?

And it's definitely an overstatement to compare him to Sidious. That guy was truly one of a kind.

Think of it this way, Habs. After he wins, he may end up forced to moderate and nothing alone. Because I'm sure a regular will be ready to butt heads with him anywhere in spite. Just like with Sid.

Think of it this way, Habs. After he wins, he may end up forced to moderate and nothing alone. Because I'm sure a regular will be ready to butt heads with him anywhere in spite. Just like with Sid.

But don't you think that after a couple of weeks, all of the drama that has been this election will blow over and be forgotten? I can't imagine there will actually be lingering hard feelings after all is said and done. If so, people are taking the thing way too seriously.

I can't believe all of the nonsense around all of this. People claiming the forums will never be the same. People saying they have lost respect for poster "x". At the end of the day, it was a contest for everyone to enjoy, with a winner who won fair and square, whether people like it or not.

Only four pages in and of course I wasn't here at the time...

But damn the guy sounds like a real jerk.

Edit: And FTS sounds like a real nutter/internet tough-guy. Where do you find these guys?
He used to post on another forum that I've frequented for years, and he always whined about the "unfairness" of the staff there. When I heard that he'd been made a mod here, I cringed.

Turns out it didn't go so well.

I made it to about 15, didn't need to read any more...I haven't exactly kept my hatred of Sidious a secret, but I never got to see that thread before. That shit was fucking cathartic. Feel completely justified for hating him.

But don't you think that after a couple of weeks, all of the drama that has been this election will blow over and be forgotten? I can't imagine there will actually be lingering hard feelings after all is said and done. If so, people are taking the thing way too seriously.

I can't believe all of the nonsense around all of this. People claiming the forums will never be the same. People saying they have lost respect for poster "x". At the end of the day, it was a contest for everyone to enjoy, with a winner who won fair and square, whether people like it or not.

Not really. It had that "controversy to create cash" label on it from the get-go. It's not the first time Sly has done it. This one just happens to have a genuine reward. Sid had a lot of hate before getting modded and it carried on once he got there and finally the egg cracked. I'm not saying Dagger is like Sid in attitude, but it's funny how the two have a few parallels. It just would not surprise me if he at some point cracks too just as it wouldn't surprise me if all this flack follows him. He had it before the elections, it will carry over every time it's brought up.

More like one obscenely self-righteous jerk actually:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=110884

Ah memories. I was viewing the forums while Sid was here. Always thought he was a douche. I didn't know what happened to him, but I always figured he left or got banned.

By the by, I miss IC. Always loved what he had to say, whether it was articles on the main page or voicing his opinions here in the forums.

Dagger tried to get me sacked. That makes him a cunt. If you were aware of that, and you still voted for him, that makes you a cunt. If you weren't aware of that and voted blind, then it makes you innocent but ignorant. Or a moron, if you will.

I'm sorry if you feel that way Tasty but the thing is that this was always going to be a popularity contest. Yes, Dagger has been a cunt to you and that too in a quest to become a moderator, but Coco has been a cunt to a lot more people as well. Some of his supporters have been even bigger ***** in this election itself. What Dagger did to you was bad but my liking of you could not overpower the sheer dislike I have for the likes of Coco and his troll happy band of dicks.

I'm sorry if you feel that way Tasty but the thing is that this was always going to be a popularity contest. Yes, Dagger has been a cunt to you and that too in a quest to become a moderator, but Coco has been a cunt to a lot more people as well. Some of his supporters have been even bigger ***** in this election itself. What Dagger did to you was bad but my liking of you could not overpower the sheer dislike I have for the likes of Coco and his troll happy band of dicks.

So you'd rather sponsor a trouble-starting liar and not a harmless troll?

So you'd rather sponsor a trouble-starting liar and not a harmless troll?

Personal happenings matter a lot in popularity contests. Coco's been a dick to me despite me not troubling him, JGlass recently demeaned my country. By comparison Dagger has never been anything but pleasant to me. And that is the opinion of the majority of the people here.

Harmlessly troll people nobody cares about and be hilariously funny= Not popular

Be a good friend to the forums, give tons of posters the benefit of the doubt, and make solid wrestling posts= Not popular

Stab a mod in the back, be homophobic, make terrible wrestling posts= Popular

What have we become?

Harmlessly troll people nobody cares about and be hilariously funny= Not popular

Those people just made their voices heard.

Stab a mod in the back, be homophobic, make terrible wrestling posts= Popular

Dagger's a good friend to more people than Coco. Not that friendships are required on a forum too much. Courtesy is sometimes welcome, which is something Coco severly lacks.

Also I'd like to thank you for the why shouldn't Dagger be mod thread. Dagger would not have won without that.

Dagger's a good friend to more people than Coco. Not that friendships are required on a forum too much. Courtesy is sometimes welcome, which is something Coco severly lacks.

Also I'd like to thank you for the why shouldn't Dagger be mod thread. Dagger would not have won without that.

MVP of the election? Definitely JGlass. Though Tasty did have the most interesting posts, and it's not his fault most people were too stupid to heed his words.

I'll have Dagger give you the award personally. He owes you one.

And too bad that Tasty's valid posts were buried under some totally unwarranted Dagger hate which is why Dagger won.

Personal happenings matter a lot in popularity contests. Coco's been a dick to me despite me not troubling him, JGlass recently demeaned my country. By comparison Dagger has never been anything but pleasant to me. And that is the opinion of the majority of the people here.
So? JGlass does it to me too. At least I never cared.
And all we heard was how they voted for a guy who called them with zero background check.

It's a pretty face to get what he wants. Unlike Coco who was honest. Dagger has been 2 faced since before this stuff.
Yeah, but now we know he's a sniveling snake too.

I'll have Dagger give you the award personally. He owes you one.

And too bad that Tasty's valid posts were buried under some totally unwarranted Dagger hate which is why Dagger won.

Dagger won because he sent PMs while Crock didn't think to and Coco didn't give enough of a shit. That's all there is to it. Now go wash your left hand.

Dagger won because he sent PMs while Crock didn't think to and Coco didn't give enough of a shit. That's all there is to it. Now go wash your left hand.

Dagger sent PMs to me throughout the primary elections. I did not vote for him. Read the very first post in this thread before you jump to conclusions.

Dagger sent PMs to me throughout the primary elections. I did not vote for him. Read the very first post in this thread before you jump to conclusions.

It's the story of one man. If no PMs were sent, Dagger doesn't win. Go wash your left hand

So? JGlass does it to me too. At least I never cared.

The two cases are a bit different.

And all we heard was how they voted for a guy who called them with zero background check.

They voted on the basis of the negativity that JGlass and Co spewed. Again, read the first post.

It's a pretty face to get what he wants. Unlike Coco who was honest. Dagger has been 2 faced since before this stuff.

To get what? What was the incentive for Dagger to be nice before the election.

As for Coco and honesty. Give me a break. All he cares about is getting a reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back