Why the Rock is BETTER than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I am going to say that, in my opinion, the Rock is better than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in a lot of ways. I mean, besides the fact that Dwayne Johnson has never been charged with spousal abuse.

1. The Rock didn't play politics- Firstly, unlike SCSA, the Rock didn't play politics and keep people down. The Rock would often do the job for others and I can't think of anyone he politicked to keep down. Austin often refused to do jobs, many times he refused to put the Rock over. So, when it came to doing the right thing in the ring, the Rock wins hands down.

2. The Rock gives back to the business- This is a man who has a very busy schedule. He is the most sought-after star in Hollywood, appears on SNL and other shows, and yet finds time to make an appearance at the last five Wrestlemanias.

"Stone Cold" doesn't seem to be as busy. He isn't pursuing acting or doing something else. Yet he can't find time to show up at Raw 20th Anniversary or the 1000th Raw episode. Other than one Wrestlemania appearance at WMXXX, when have we seen Austin, outside of podcasts, in the WWE in the last five years?

3. The Rock steps up when Austin steps down- Leading up to WMX8, the original plan was for Austin v Hogan. But Austin doesn't want to fight Hogan, even though it would be good for business. Instead, the Rock fought Hollywood Hogan. The staredown at the start between Hogan and the Rock was epic, and Austin missed that "Wrestlemania moment" due to his stubbornness. Again, the Rock did the right thing by WWE, whereas Austin did what was in his interests.

4. The Rock didn't let his fans down- This is one where I scratch my head at the SCSA fanboyism. The Rock left WWE to pursue movies, and yet got booed when he came back the first time in 2003. Yet "Stone Cold" Steve Austin walked out on the WWE many times over the years, simply to have a sulk, yet the fans cheered him when he came back, even though he walked out on those fans.

So, overall, I say that the Rock has done more for the WWE, despite having less time on his hands that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and has shown that he hasn't forgotten where he came from.

1. Anyone who has ever been to the top of the WWF/E card has played politics. Every single one. I'd go so far as to say that Vince wouldn't respect and promote you unless you were playing 'the game'.

2. Why do retired stars keep having to come back multiple times a year? I don't even want them to do that and the last few times Rock has come back it has verged on overkill.

3. Neither Austin or Hogan wanted the match. You make it sound like it was all Austin's doing when in reality the main stickler was Hogan not wanting to job to Austin. He didn't mind doing it for Rock because the conversation at the time was more about who was the bigger star between Austin or Hogan.

4. Austin never let his fans down either, same as Rock. They just made some career choices.

1. You can't say Rock didn't play politics, everyone does. Some to a greater extent, but they all do in order to keep their "spot". Austin wanted his losses to mean something, not just be a throw away situation, like they wanted to do with Brock. Austin didn't want to do it then, because it could have been big business for WWE and Brock if it would have been built up.

2. Sure, Rock "found" time to come back, to promote his movies and collect that big fat paycheck. What about those seven years when Rock wanted nothing to do with WWE, and didn't even want to be referred to as The Rock? Austin never fully left WWE, even after his final match. He came back time and time again. And how can you say he isn't doing anything, he has two reality shows.

3. You made this point for me. Rock was picked to face Hogan after Austin, meaning he was a substitute. Austin didn't like Hogan, maybe still doesn't, but Hogan wanted complete control of everything with that match. That wasn't going to fly with Austin, so the match didn't happen. And I'm glad it didn't, because Hogan would have won, because he controlled it and would not put Austin over because of his ego. So Rock got the match after this, and Hogan did the job for Rock because it didn't make Hogan look weak.

4. The Rock was booed because he turned his back on wrestling. He didn't want to be associated with it, and didn't want it mentioned. Add to this that Rock said he would never leave, but he did for seven years. When Austin left, most people understood his reasons, and knew that he would come back eventually.

No one did more for WWE than Austin, he was the main catalyst for winning the Monday Night Wars, and he remains the most popular superstar ever. Rock was second fiddle to Austin, with the exception of the period when Austin was out with his neck injury. Also, Austin has never had to write his promo on his arm.

I am going to say that, in my opinion, the Rock is better than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in a lot of ways.

I am going to say that you are going to say that it should be known that any claims made come with the caveat that they are substantiated for being opinion based. Oh wait, I already did.

1. The Rock didn't play politics- Firstly, unlike SCSA, the Rock didn't play politics and keep people down. The Rock would often do the job for others and I can't think of anyone he politicked to keep down. Austin often refused to do jobs, many times he refused to put the Rock over. So, when it came to doing the right thing in the ring, the Rock wins hands down.

I, umm. Whew. The Rock didn't play politics? Like ever? I'll give you that Vince was high on The Rock from before they ever even started calling him The Rock, so it's not like he really had to play politics. Dwayne Johnson is a legacy who played college football, he was a pro-wrestling booker's wet dream. Whether or not a tendency to play politics is a bad thing, I'm on the fence on that one. Maybe you should emphasize why your opinion is valid before stating it as though it's axiomatic.

2. The Rock gives back to the business- This is a man who has a very busy schedule. He is the most sought-after star in Hollywood, appears on SNL and other shows, and yet finds time to make an appearance at the last five Wrestlemanias.

"Stone Cold" doesn't seem to be as busy. He isn't pursuing acting or doing something else. Yet he can't find time to show up at Raw 20th Anniversary or the 1000th Raw episode. Other than one Wrestlemania appearance at WMXXX, when have we seen Austin, outside of podcasts, in the WWE in the last five years?

Uhhhh. Stone Cold hasn't made any appearances with the WWE in the last five years? This is blowing my mind, somehow the memory of Stone Cold hosting Tough Enough has invaded my senses.

3. The Rock steps up when Austin steps down- Leading up to WMX8, the original plan was for Austin v Hogan. But Austin doesn't want to fight Hogan, even though it would be good for business. Instead, the Rock fought Hollywood Hogan. The staredown at the start between Hogan and the Rock was epic, and Austin missed that "Wrestlemania moment" due to his stubbornness. Again, the Rock did the right thing by WWE, whereas Austin did what was in his interests.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf:?

4. The Rock didn't let his fans down- This is one where I scratch my head at the SCSA fanboyism. The Rock left WWE to pursue movies, and yet got booed when he came back the first time in 2003. Yet "Stone Cold" Steve Austin walked out on the WWE many times over the years, simply to have a sulk, yet the fans cheered him when he came back, even though he walked out on those fans.

The Rock was booed and that somehow translates to not letting his fans down? I can't explain why the fans cheer or boo anyone, that's a bigger mystery than your family tree.

So, overall, I say that the Rock has done more for the WWE, despite having less time on his hands than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and has shown that he hasn't forgotten where he came from.

Honestly dude, when have you ever seen Steven James Anderson play a role other than Stone Cold or someone closely resembling Stone Cold? He didn't forget where he came from, and if he ever did he'd have all of the kudos I could possibly give to him. His role is so hackneyed that it's casting a shadow over anyone else who might want to play a redneck gimmick.

The Rock has made appearances, and I applaud him for making them. Though we shouldn't act like he's remaining faithful to his roots. He's credited in his newer movies as "Dwayne Johnson" and I understand that his agent is trying to keep him from making WWE appearances.

Who do I think is better? Pez Whatley, If it's not obvious enough why then I really don't need to prove it to anyone.

I may not agree with your points but I have got to agree with the big picture you are making - OVERALL the Rock is a better worker, gives back more (especially to charity), interacts with fans more & the biggest point yet.........ISNT A WIFE BEATER!! So to sum it all up - The Rock is an overall better Man & Person than Austin for sure

I am going to say that, in my opinion, the Rock is better than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in a lot of ways.

When I first started reading this post, I figured when the poster said 'Rock is better,' he was speaking of Rock being a better wrestler, but most of the topic has to do with him being a more agreeable person.

To that, I agree. While Austin seems to have his attacks of the 'stubborns' .....(always presuming we know what's going on behind the scenes, which we generally don't).....the Rock has no reason on Earth to come back and wrestle, do promos and make appearances on behalf of the company. Whatever WWE pays him, I doubt it could touch the amount he'd earn by using that time to make another movie. He comes back because he's one of the people who remembers his roots..... understanding that if not for Rock the wrestler, there would be no Dwayne Johnson the movie star.

As for ring performance, how do you measure Steve Austin against Rock except by your own personal preference? Style-wise, they are as different as can be.

The only similarity I can see is in a most unusual factor both have achieved: They present totally as heels, yet were loved as faces.

Think about it. If you were watching Rock or Austin for the very first time and had the sound off so you couldn't hear the audience reaction, would you think either one was a good guy?

I don't think so.

Cool story on the spousal abuse comment... How about that time The Rock attacked a female fan at a high school football game? Stop acting like the guy is a saint - he's not. He's had his problems, too. And while his problems don't make Austin look better, you can't just point to one guy's issues and ignore the other guy for having similar events in his own life.

1. As most people have mentioned, The Rock likely did play politics. They all do. But I'm going to add to this one... The Rock never faced adversity from outside forces. So why would he ever really have to play politics?

Meanwhile, Austin was never given a chance to break through the glass ceiling in WCW DESPITE being one of their most 'over' performers. And after a short-stint in ECW, he was signed by the WWE as an afterthought. His skills were so underrated by VKM that he was given a mouthpiece to cut promos for him upon his arrival... With Austin, you're talking about a guy who fought and clawed his way to the top. If he didn't want to give up his spot easily, then so be it - he earned every bit of the success he had.

With The Rock, he was handed a spot at the top immediately. He was the golden child billed as the next great WWF hero upon his arrival. And when that didn't work, the WWF booked him into an already-established stable, and wrote it so that he'd take over as their leader. Remember how hard the WWF wanted to get Alberto Del Rio over a few years ago? Remember how the crowd wasn't having it? Now imagine if, mid-way through The Shield's run, the WWE booked it so that ADR joined the group, got into a power struggle with Dean Ambrose, won the power struggle, kicked Ambrose out of the group and then claimed leadership of the group. That's what happened with the NOD. The WWF tried desperately to make The Rock a star, and give The Rock credit for rewarding them, but a big reason most wrestlers play politics is because they refuse to give up the spot they earned - and The Rock, well, he never truly earned his role. He was born into the business, used it as a last resort when his football career failed, and was lucky enough to have the WWF look.

2. He left for seven years because he wanted to separate himself from the business. John Cena makes movies - granted, they aren't nearly as big as The Rock's movies, but they take just as much time to make - and he shows up to Raw every Monday. Hulk Hogan made movies while still wrestling. But The Rock left the business completely - because in his mind, making movies was more important than wrestling. I don't hate the guy for it. I'd have made the same decision - more money, less toll on the body - but to credit the guy like some saint for 'giving back' because he made a handful of appearances over the past decade is insane.

And to ignore Austin's contributions is unfair. I won't sit back and say that Austin gave back in a great way either, but doing multiple podcasts on the Network IS a means of giving back. The Network relies on generating original content. Austin is one of the biggest names in history. Attaching his name to original Network content is a huge selling point for the WWEs most important property.

3. The 'right thing by WWE' would've been for The Rock to stick it out and stay in the business throughout the 2000s. Again, I wouldn't have done that, myself, and I'm not criticizing The Rock for leaving - but stop saying The Rock has always had the WWE's best interest at heart. He hasn't!

As for Austin - there's a reason the WWE wanted it to be Austin vs Hogan... there's a reason The Rock was a backup plan... and it's because Austin was bigger than The Rock.

4. Fans will NEVER boo a guy for walking out on his job over disputes with management because it's relatable. Most of us are working class shlubs who have had issues with our own bosses in the past, and so we're preconditioned to agree with the employee over the employer in a dispute. (Same thing can be said of Punk.) Austin didn't walk out on the fans, he walked out on Vince. Our thoughts are that all Austin wanted to do was wrestle, but Vince made his life miserable. Fuck Vince for doing that!

With The Rock, he just didn't want to wrestle anymore. It's similar to Lesnar - he was handed everything and then just decided to walk away for greener pastures. The Rock came off like a guy who was leaving because he didn't love what he was doing, and it pisses a lot of people off when they watch a guy get handed the world, look at that world, and then say "The world's not going enough for me. I need more."

I could have sworn that Austin actually thought he should be facing Hogan instead of Rock, when he was instead given Hall. But I have heard the other claim as well, so...which is it?

As per the topic at hand, the Rock has never been involved in any backstage controversy (that is known). Austin has. So has everyone else. The Rock was an exception and Austin wasn't as bad as some of the others. As a performer, I actually prefer the Rock (although in his prime, I think Austin was the better wrestler). But I don't really get the point of this thread.

So I can say R-Truth is better than Shawn Michaels, because he was less controversial?

honestly, when it comes to wrestling and promos, i agree. i like Rock better than Stone Cold. those alone are great reasons to like Rock better, BUT the others are where i scratch my head a bit.

1. The Rock didn't play politics- Firstly, unlike SCSA, the Rock didn't play politics and keep people down.
this one, i can't answer if that's true or not. did Rock not play politics because he didnt have to?? if WWE told Rock that he would lose to Punk, would he have accepted that?? i can't answer if Rock played politics or not, but it's not a good reason for me to like Rock over Stone Cold. Stone Cold played politics, sure, but if one rumor is true, i wouldn't want to job to The Coach and as for jobbing to Brock, i think he was more upset that WWE had him job to Brock on RAW. he wanted THAT match saved for a bigger event and for that, i can't blame him.

2. The Rock gives back to the business- This is a man who has a very busy schedule. He is the most sought-after star in Hollywood, appears on SNL and other shows, and yet finds time to make an appearance at the last five Wrestlemanias. "Stone Cold" doesn't seem to be as busy.
firstly, how do you know Stone Cold isn't "busy" and Rock at times gives back to the business, but it's not like every movie he's in, he's helping promote WWE. Stone Cold is doing his podcasts on WWE Network. Stone Cold likely isn't on the show as often due to booking. he wants the booking to be right. remember, he can't wrestle like he used to and when fans see him, they want to see him beating people up. The Rock, however, can wrestle matches.

3. The Rock steps up when Austin steps down- Leading up to WMX8, the original plan was for Austin v Hogan. But Austin doesn't want to fight Hogan, even though it would be good for business. Instead, the Rock fought Hollywood Hogan.
now this in my book could be on HOGAN too. put yourself in Stone Cold's shoes here. say Vince suggested you having a match with Hogan and then you hear that Hogan is or wants to go over. what would you do?? put over a guy who held YOU back in WCW!!!?? my answer would be no as well. my guess is that if Austin knew he would go over Hogan and he knew they would have a good match, then he would've had a match with him, however, he feared the slowed pace of the match would be bad and he also likely didnt want to be booked to lose to Hogan, so both of those make sense to me.

4. The Rock didn't let his fans down- This is one where I scratch my head at the SCSA fanboyism. The Rock left WWE to pursue movies, and yet got booed when he came back the first time in 2003.
eh, Rock has let his fans down. when he first returned, he said he was coming back.....BUT he didnt stick around due to his movie obligations, so that kinda let them down (though they also expected it)....he also let some fans down when he went to pursue movies....as for him getting booed when he came back...it was kinda how he was booked. the fans though, love Rock in their hearts....even when they boo him because of all he's done.

I always view Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock in a tie for second place on my favorites list (Chris Jericho being number one) and a tie for second place on the general Greatest Of All Time list (Hulk Hogan being number one). I have said that Stone Cold Steve Austin is # 2A and The Rock is # 2B on my favorites list, but only because of who got to the top first. The reasoning behind the OPs choice of who is better may be valid, but I don’t agree with that one is better than the other.

The fact that your first point is The Rock didn't play politics is a terrible point to make. Playing politics is part of the business, If Austin is better at that then that's 1 for Austin.

Like Austin doesn't give back to the business with all these Austin podcasts he does, being the host of Tough Enough, appearing on RAW once in a while.

The fans cheered for Austin and booed Rock for obvious reasons. Austin is better and more entertaining..

You made some awful points.

To say that one wrestler is better than another is usually subjective opinion on the posters behalf, and an opinion is just that a personal belief, it's not fact. I'll bet a lot of fans would hold both of the Rock and Austin in high regard, and quite honestly they've both reached a placed in professional wrestling that very few will ever reach.

Once a wrestler has finished wrestling, there is nothing that says they have to come back, and both of these men have. To state the Rock is better because he appeared perhaps more than Austin did, is ridiculous They are two completely different people, and both have handled their retirement in different ways.

I would say that Austin has stayed connected to the wrestling business more than the Rock has actually. The Rock spent years trying to distance himself from the WWE in order to further his movie career. That's not a bad thing either, he did what was best for him. And he's entitled to do that. This sense that some fans have that wrestler's owe them the world until the day they die, is absurd.

Just when we get rid of stonecoldhell another troll becomes rockyhell. Come on their both icons and legends who have two great careers and accomplished all the could in their short careers. You may so Rock was better than Austin, some may say Austin was better. However,if your gonna make this a debate on who is better..then by gosh try and pick stuff regarding their in-ring style and mic work and nothing other than that.

Your basically saying Rock is a better person than Austin. Nobody is better than anybody in that aspect. This is WrestleZone Forums not BetterThan Forums.

Austin was right not jobbing to lesner at RAW not sure about other things he did. Rocky is obviously a better person thats why vince pushed him sky high. He loves wrestling and risks a lot of money every single time he wrestles yet he is still willing to come back.

The fact that your first point is The Rock didn't play politics is a terrible point to make. Playing politics is part of the business, If Austin is better at that then that's 1 for Austin.

Like Austin doesn't give back to the business with all these Austin podcasts he does, being the host of Tough Enough, appearing on RAW once in a while.

The fans cheered for Austin and booed Rock for obvious reasons. Austin is better and more entertaining..

You made some awful points.

When I say "playing politics", I mean refusing to job to particular people.

Austin politicked against Jeff Jarrett in WWE, and got JR on board to hold Jarrett down.

Some rumors I heard are that Austin politicked against Owen Hart for dropping him on his neck.

Austin refused to fight Hogan, Brock Lesnar and others. He walked out rather than do a match against Eddie Guerrero at KOTR.

He wouldn't even see the lights for the Rock at IYH-DX for the title, and handed the belt to the Rock the next night, when he could have had Rock pin Austin and win it. Austin beat him every other time, except at WM19, just so Austin could be a hero by going out on his back.

Mankind needed to be added to the main event of Summerslam 99 because Austin refused to lose the title to Triple H, so Mankind had to beat him, and then lose it to Triple H 24 hours later.

Tell me one person who the Rock stopped the push of, who he REFUSED to job to. I'm waiting.

The Rock walked out to make movies. Austin walked out when he didn't get his own way. Austin acted like a child.

Austin holds grudges and won't do jobs to people who screwed him years ago.

Oh, Vince really hurt Austin. How dare Vince make him a superstar, make him rich, and give him the exposure that would make him a household name. Without Vince, Austin would still be a Hollywood Blond, being pinned in 10 seconds by "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (which, somehow, you probably hate Vince for as well).

Doing podcasts don't take much time, and he didn't even do some (Jericho did) because Austin wasn't happy with that either. I bet he only came back on bigger coin.

The reason that Rock didn't come back for six years was because Vince didn't offer him a contract, because Vince was upset that the Rock became famous and left, when he was only meant to star in WWE Films. So, Vince's pettiness played a part, and the Rock came back when they reached an agreement, and when the Rock wasn't doing a movie.

Also, some allegation that the Rock hit some woman at a football game, (was he ever found guilty) once, as opposed to Austin NUMEROUS allegations of hitting multiple women (Jeannie Adams, Debra and an ex-girlfriend) which he plead guilty to, means that what Austin ACTUALLY did was worse than some allegation that the Rock allegedly did.

I may not agree with your points but I have got to agree with the big picture you are making - OVERALL the Rock is a better worker, gives back more (especially to charity), interacts with fans more & the biggest point yet.........ISNT A WIFE BEATER!! So to sum it all up - The Rock is an overall better Man & Person than Austin for sure

Who knows what Austin could have done if he was physically able to wrestle the past couple of years like The Rock. He seemed to have less of an ego the past couple of years.

To say that The Rock was better than Austin is a very arguable point. I think with Austin being the company's obvious number-one guy, The Rock did a damn good job equaling everything that Austin did. The Rock made his own way and established himself well. Unlike Triple-H, both Austin and Rock can walk away from wrestling with their legacies secure. Triple-H didn't really begin to be elevated into conversatinos about WWE all-time greatness until both Rock and Austin were gone from WWE, but that's another conversation.

It's hard for me to say one was better than the other. I think they both offered something different and on different levels as well.

I don't know exactly what OP means here. Is it being said that Rock is the better wrestler or the overall better person? The examples cited surely point out evidence that the Rock is a person with a better moral center, but they do little to prove he was a better pro wrestler. I would tend to agree that from the outside the Rock seems to be more friendly and genuine, but I can't say that he was a better sports entertainer.

If you've seen the SCSA documentaries in beyond the ring n the network, then you've seen Austin give a completely different story on the Rock vs Hogan match. He basically says the company was going with Rock as "the guy" going forward and he got stuck fighting Hall, when he wanted Hogan.

So yes, I would agree that Rock has shown to the public a much better and more fan friendly personality, but I cannot say he was a better wrestler. The only major obligation wrestlers have to the fans is if your on the card, you go and wrestle, thats what we pay to see. Everything the Rock does to "give back" also gives to the Rock.

By the measuring stick used to judge pro wrestlers, these two guys are generally considered to be the two best or 2 of the 3 best, and I agree with that. My Markness won't really let me talk down on either of them too much.

I don't know exactly what OP means here. Is it being said that Rock is the better wrestler or the overall better person? The examples cited surely point out evidence that the Rock is a person with a better moral center, but they do little to prove he was a better pro wrestler. I would tend to agree that from the outside the Rock seems to be more friendly and genuine, but I can't say that he was a better sports entertainer.

If you've seen the SCSA documentaries in beyond the ring n the network, then you've seen Austin give a completely different story on the Rock vs Hogan match. He basically says the company was going with Rock as "the guy" going forward and he got stuck fighting Hall, when he wanted Hogan.

So yes, I would agree that Rock has shown to the public a much better and more fan friendly personality, but I cannot say he was a better wrestler. The only major obligation wrestlers have to the fans is if your on the card, you go and wrestle, thats what we pay to see. Everything the Rock does to "give back" also gives to the Rock.

By the measuring stick used to judge pro wrestlers, these two guys are generally considered to be the two best or 2 of the 3 best, and I agree with that. My Markness won't really let me talk down on either of them too much.

I'm coming from a number of points.

Moral centre- The Rock has it all over Austin, because of Austin's spousal abuse.

Company guy- The Rock did more to promote WWE than Austin did. He put more people over, he still comes back and wrestles when he doesn't have to anymore, and promotes WWE in the mainstream better by being a Hollywood superstar.

Whereas Austin wouldn't come back for two of Raw most important episodes- the 20th Anniversary and the 1000th episode of the show where he was its bigger star, because he would rather shoot small animals with a gun. Also, Austin buried a few guys, refused to put others over, and walked out when he didn't get his own way.

Wrestling ability- I give this to Austin. Austin was the better all-round competitor (who went from a technical style to a brawling one effortlessly, and even reintroduced his technical style in a match against Benoit), but the Rock was not too shabby as a wrestler either. But Austin gets the points in this one.

And you wonder why Hogan and Austin never really saw eye-to-eye. They have some of the same traits. With Hogan, it was always said that he'd get the victory over someone and wouldn't give it back. With Austin, he just flat-out refused. I believe The Rock got pinned by Christian in a tag team title match. I couldn't imagine Austin doing that. Plus, Austin used Mankind to transition the WWE title to Triple-H for his first reign. d_henderson1810, you bring up some pretty interesting points.

When I say "playing politics", I mean refusing to job to particular people.

Austin politicked against Jeff Jarrett in WWE, and got JR on board to hold Jarrett down.

Some rumors I heard are that Austin politicked against Owen Hart for dropping him on his neck.

Austin refused to fight Hogan, Brock Lesnar and others. He walked out rather than do a match against Eddie Guerrero at KOTR.

He wouldn't even see the lights for the Rock at IYH-DX for the title, and handed the belt to the Rock the next night, when he could have had Rock pin Austin and win it. Austin beat him every other time, except at WM19, just so Austin could be a hero by going out on his back.

Mankind needed to be added to the main event of Summerslam 99 because Austin refused to lose the title to Triple H, so Mankind had to beat him, and then lose it to Triple H 24 hours later.

Tell me one person who the Rock stopped the push of, who he REFUSED to job to. I'm waiting.

The Rock walked out to make movies. Austin walked out when he didn't get his own way. Austin acted like a child.

Austin holds grudges and won't do jobs to people who screwed him years ago.

Oh, Vince really hurt Austin. How dare Vince make him a superstar, make him rich, and give him the exposure that would make him a household name. Without Vince, Austin would still be a Hollywood Blond, being pinned in 10 seconds by "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (which, somehow, you probably hate Vince for as well).

Doing podcasts don't take much time, and he didn't even do some (Jericho did) because Austin wasn't happy with that either. I bet he only came back on bigger coin.

The reason that Rock didn't come back for six years was because Vince didn't offer him a contract, because Vince was upset that the Rock became famous and left, when he was only meant to star in WWE Films. So, Vince's pettiness played a part, and the Rock came back when they reached an agreement, and when the Rock wasn't doing a movie.

Also, some allegation that the Rock hit some woman at a football game, (was he ever found guilty) once, as opposed to Austin NUMEROUS allegations of hitting multiple women (Jeannie Adams, Debra and an ex-girlfriend) which he plead guilty to, means that what Austin ACTUALLY did was worse than some allegation that the Rock allegedly did.

That 10 second match against Hacksaw.

Was becauase Austin didn't want to work with Hacksaw and lose the title.

So he botched the match and did a quick lose so he wouldn't look weak.

That was pretty shitty by Austin one can admit that.

Rock was the better overall "sports entertainer" than Austin - better mic skills, bigger, younger, movie star looks, arguably more athletic. Austin was one of the absolute elite but The Rock was x factor incarnate.

I know few people defend scsa in this post. scsa is only popular in us and wrestling based nations. but rock break the rules and attract the non wrestling nations like China, India, most of Asia. around 2000 he was so popular than Austin. he is the one who change the landscape of wwe.
even john cena has so many fans in these countries. now roman has that capacity.

Put Hogan vs Austin at WM18, and the fans in Toronto are not booing Austin.

The difference is that people love Austin, while they like The Rock, they like cheering him and they like booing him. The reaction to Cena doing a promo on Rock is laughter, such as that freestyle rap that was well done. If Cena does that rap about Austin, he (Cena) is booed out of the building.

That does not mean one is better than the other, it means that Austin is a little bit closer to the heart than Rock is. Austin is the performer who brought millions of fans back to WWF, who then also liked Mankind, Rock, Taker, Hunter etc.

Austin failed as a heel, Rock did not fail as his Hollywood heel. That might reflect badly on Austin, but it perfectly reflects on the love people have for Austin, they do not want to boo him, they will boo the Rock if given the chance.

Stone cold was my childhood favourite until he turned into a bad guy it was sad. Now as an adult I realised the Rock was both a great good guy and a great bad guy-he truly is the great one! I thought stone cold was a terrible bad guy but obviouly a brilliant good guy.

I have heard some things like Austin not wanting to lose to Brock lesnar-early 00's. I mean once you hit the top as a wrestler, surely you want to help new upcoming talent get over? As a wrestler you can't always be on top, you must appreciate the fact that the company must make new stars every year.

The rock is also a great movie star-I don't really rate stone cold as a good movie star. But I do agree with the op that the rock is a better than stone cold in all aspects. I think the rock must be the highest earner ever for a wrestler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back