Wrestlers Who Will Win Their First Championship In 2012

LODemolition

Championship Contender
Who do you see winning their first WWE or World Heavyweight Championship in the upcoming year? Here are my picks.

1. Dolph Ziggler - He's going to drop the U.S. Title soon and I can see him winning the Royal Rumble. This would set up for him to challenge CM Punk for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, who I believe will be the champ by then. I don't necessarily see Ziggler winning the belt at Mania, but definitely in a rematch in one of the next 2 ppv's. Ziggler has everything it takes to be the top heel in the company.

2. Sheamus - Yes, he's been WWE Champion twice, but never World Heavyweight Champion. There's no telling how long Mark Henry's title reign will last, but I can definitely see Sheamus as being the one to knock him off. Maybe at the Rumble? I don't know if they'd keep Orton out of the title picture at Mania, so that's a tough one as to when and where. However, I definitely think Sheamus will be wearing the World Heavyweight Title before 2012 ends.

3. Cody Rhodes - They've once again slightly reinvented Rhodes, as the mask had to come off as some point. Now he's cutting promos where he's laughing, but coming off deranged. My original thought was that Rhodes would win the Rumble and defeat Randy Orton for the WHC at Mania. Now it's hard to say, with Mark Henry seemingly gaining even more momentum. Rhodes will have his moment in the sun though next year, winning the World Title from Orton or Sheamus.

4. Wade Barrett - Apparently, they're making him into the 2nd top heel on Smackdown by letting him captain the Survivor Series team tomorrow. I think there will be a feud with Orton that follows for the next month or two. After that, I see him as one of the prime candidates to face The Undertaker at Mania should he return. It might be a short reign to make time for everyone else they want to push, but I definitely see Barrett with the gold next year.

I can see Ziggler getting his first major title for more than 4 minutes. I believe he has what it takes to be a main event and a world champion. Next I see Barrett and Rhodes over on SD! holding the WHC. This one people may tell me to eat rocks for but I can also see Justin Gabriel, if given the proper push, holding gold by very late 2012. He strikes me as WWE's answer to AJ Styles. Hey atleast I didnt say Zack Ryder lol

Those four are exactly the guys who came to mind when I thought of superstars who would win world titles this year. Sheamus has already won world titles before but I do see him winning his first world heavyweight championship this year, he's been on fire since going to Smakdown and he is right on the border of a shot at the title, I expect him to win the Royal Rumble and then win his title at Wrestlemania.

Ever since his feuding with Cena during the Nexus days I knew that Wade Barrett would be a world champion one day, he has all the tools and his mic skills are some of the best we've ever seen. I expect him to win his at some point this summer.

As for Rhodes, he has been on quite the rise as of late and his transformation from dashing to grotesque and then to whatever you would call him now was incredible. He has grown so much in every department, his mic skills are getting better every day and his physique is incredible now. I see him winning around the end of the summer.

Ziggler has impressed me alot in the last year, if he wins it I see it happening towards the end of the year. Part of me feels like he'd win it at MITB but that would ruin his excellent build so I really hope he wins in a legitimate title match.

I gotta say first and foremost would have to be one of my absolute favorite performers at this point, Wade Barrett.

He's been on an absolute roll with the "Barrett Barrage" gimmick he's got right now, and they continue to mention how dominant the Nexus was (until Punk took over), and hes racked up wins over Orton and Sheamus, both former WWE Champs.

Mix that with as Punk more than likely holding the WWE title at Mania....winning the Rumble would be a great way for him to choose to face CM Punk for the WWE title at Mania. They can easily re-hash the history of what went down with the Nexus, ect...and that would leave probably a Mark Henry/Daniel Bryan World Heavyweight title match. Id love to see those 4 performers have a chance to shine at Mania...and more than likely steal the show (match-quality wise) from Rock-Cena.

D. Bryan.

The push has been laid-out, and now they just have to follow though with it.
He would make a good World Champion. I can see him cashing in that MitB Case and winning the World Heavyweight Championship in Early to Mid 2012.

Daniel Bryan will most definitively win the World Heavyweight title at Wrestlemania 28. This has been built up for months and it would be a complete waste for WWE to have him loose at the grandest stage of them all. He has the money in the bank briefcase and is almost guaranteed a win at Mania. Other than him I can see John Morrison winning his first belt during the course of 2012. Dolph Ziggler has somewhat of a chance but I think he should test the upper mid car non mid card belt feuds before he moves on to the big time. As much as it would be to my dismay Wade Barrett will probably win his first taste of World title gold in 2012:flamed:. Kofi Kingston is the next choice here but he is in the same situation as Ziggler where he has not had many upper mid card feuds yet and still needs to get into that stuff before it comes time form him to main event. 2012 will hold many first time WWE or World heavyweight championships, only DB is absolutely almost sure to win it in my opinion.

I would love to see christian fued with a big name on raw for the wwe title but im unsure if it will happen
If they resign Morrison i could potentially see him heading over to smackdown and maybe fueding for the title.......perhaps not winning it though
My pick would also have to be Cody Rhodes. At this stage he has all the momentum and i wouldn't be surprised if he wins the rumble and challenges orton or sheamus at wrestlemania

My feel is it' either going to be Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes, possibly both. Let's face it these two have been the most interesting thing on SmackDown for everyone else (I say that because I jump all over the place when Justin Gabriel comes on- back off Alicia) and everyone knows it's coming. Cody is just getting into a new persona so once the current champ gets boring (Mark Henry) a face will take him out then a few weeks later Cody willcome in and use some twisted methods to get that title.

Now if he gets to ridiculus for words then WWE is obviously going to shell out Orton or Sheamus perhaps- hell, maybe even DBD- to take him out, thus getting a good fan reaction. And we all know they're not going to et whle decent matches for the title that'll interest people. So- dun dun dun DAHHHHH!!- Wade Barrett swoops in and steals the title, giving us someone new to praise and gripe about. Meanwhile we have our friend Cody fued with a lesser known talent with huge potential (Trent Barretta [Idk who'll agree but it's just a suggestion {no red rep please!!}], Justin Gabriel [duh]) and start something new for people to actually enjoy.

I mean, this is entirtainment right? Then let's entirtain the real fans and annoy the ones who don't "know" yet.

Let's wait and see

First and foremost, Dolph Ziggler. He has the athletic abilities, the psychology, the charisma, the articulacy, the heat, he has everything that a main event heel needs. He should definitely be CM Punk's first opponent when he's through fending the WWE title off from Alberto Del Rio.

The only other guy who fits the mold is Wade Barrett. I wanted to say Daniel Bryan, but I do think he'll be the first ever to cash in and lose. Barrett is, in my mind at least, most likely to be the guy to take the World Title from Sheamus after Sheamus wins it in the first half of the year. I'm expecting Sheamus to win the World Title at either Chamber or Wrestlemania, and hold it until Autumn time, maybe even losing it to Barrett at Survivor Series.

heres who i think is gonna win the big one for the first time in their WWE careers in 2012

1. Daniel Bryan- come on hes got MITB and hes gonna cash in at wrestlemania..but he never said it would be in a fair 1 on 1 match did he? he could always cash in on the winner of the WHW title match and win the title tht way (if hes gonna be heel) but the last i saw on the main page for the plans for mania is the rumble winner (from smackdown) wins the world heavy weight title before mania and defends against daniel bryan at mania...do i think hes gonna win at mania? maybe but he for sure wins the big one in 2012 unless he gets hurt and there for loses the MITB case

2. Cody Rhodes- from the way hes going hes quickly become the 2nd top heel behind henry and hes done great as the ic champ i could see him winning the world title in late 2012

3. Wade Barrett- i think hes gonna win the royal rumble and win the title before wrestlemania and have a great fued with daniel bryan over the title.

4. Dolph Ziggler- hes just awesome in the ring and the way he keeps getting double booked for ppv's shows how much confidence vince mcmahon has in this guy hes great on the mic and great in the ring i think hes dropping the title very soon to ryder or morrison and then starting down the path to becoming the wwe champion.

To be honest with you guys, I can totally see Zack Ryder winning the Royal Rumble. I can see Zack Ryder getting the Del Rio kinda treatment in 2012.

- Win the Rumble
- Lose at Wrestlemania
- Win at Money in the Bank
- Cash in an win the World title

The thing about Ryder is he is riding a wave of momentum that WWE really wants - A money wave. If he keeps gaining and maintaining popularity and making WWE money he will certainly have one of the world titles around his waste soon no matter how good he is.

Barrett is a dead cert... WWE will make a major play for Britain next year, I am sure they have an eye on Wembley for Summerslam as they can tap into the Olympics buzz... Barrett as World Champ then makes a lot of sense vs Seamus or Mason Ryan for the title.

Ziggler needs to go face really if he is going to be the champ, I can see that process starting tonight with JoMo and he doing a double turn over Vicki. JoMo beats Ziggler and reveals Vicki was the mastermind behind his "comeback".

Ryder is not a World champ, but he is going to get a good run with the US title, perhaps a year long one eve. Cody's slot has gone... taking the mask off was a bad idea and I think the Goldust match is going to take up most of the next year for him.

One guy I do see "shocking people" and getting a run late in the year is Mason Ryan. He has the look and I do think he might steal the belt as it were from Barrett during their feud.

Oh I love these Threads Anyway Here is my Choice

Cody Rhodes - After Legacy Broke Everyone Picked Dibiase to be the future but boy where we all wrong cody has had a amazing turn around in his career and he made me eat humble pie because he has just amazed me and most definatly will have his first world title reign in 2012

Wade Barret - Ever Since NXT I knew this guy whould be big it took awhile to bring him up and it was worth it he has the look the mic skills and ring work to be a top heel and thats what I believe WWE Is going to do and I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for Wade But I know one thing is that he will be World Champion

Dolph Ziggler - Yes he is a former World Champion for all of 10 minutes but I'm talking proper reign and his time as US Champ has done wonders he looks good his Mic Skils are great and He looks ready to take that step to the top of WWE in 2012 The Future Is Bright of Dolph Ziggler

Daniel Bryan - If There is one thing holding Daniel Back is Personality some people have it and some people don't he doesn't he needs work he is starting to show some Potential but needs ALOT of work Considering WM is coming soon and fueding with Henry Is a sign that WWE is Investing in him I hope He is read in time For WrestleMania because this guy has potential Looks like we could see the Era Of The American Dragon IN 2012

I agree with all course I think Daniel Bryan will be most likely the first victor in winning the gold.

WWE really invested their time in Mark Henry in 2011. I always saw Mark as getting 'novelty wins' before his title reign, I mean come on he was "Sexual Chocolate." But he worked his butt off for the company and they put a lot into him that look where it got him, crowd support and him rising to the top. I wish somehow they would to that to others who work their butts off and one is an over time thing but start shaping him to be a champion starting with US or Intercontinental title reigns in 2012 and that is Santino... Don't get me wrong, his gimmick would not hold up as a world champion but lets say he pulls off a win for the Intercontinental Title or US championship, WWE could start reshaping his character to a more serious played character, take out the cobra and the trombone and see how well he actually does. This could be something in late 2012 that they can build to. It's funny, people already like him, I just think he deserves more than what he gets sometimes.

Whoa hold up I love Ziggler I'm a huge fan think he's one of the best in the ring at the moent easily in WWE and his mic skills aren't horrible but they aren't amazing yet and Vickie gets more mic time than him. If this guy was going to be maineventing soon the no way would Vickie talk sometimes instead of him, if he was that good then he would always be talking. He will definitely be there one day but not just yet he is still very much in the mid card. He also doesn't have the emotional investment fro the crowd yet as he needs that big high profile feud that makes people really hate him and have a reason to care about him.

I like the theory about JoMo joining Vickie tonight and her turning on Dolph. I just can't picture Dolph as a face, but I never could picture Orton as one either after his feuds with Triple H and Cena so we'll see. I guess if anyone could pull it off, Ziggler could.

1. Dolph Ziggler- 100% will have had a WWE/World Championship reign before the end of 2012. The guy has everything, the look, the wrestling skills, very close to being good on the mic. I'd love to see him win the rumble and win a championship at WM28 but i doubt that would happen. Maybe by summerslam next year he will be a champion. But he WILL be champion.

2. Cody Rhodes- Another sure bet to be a champion. He's one of my 3 picks to win the rumble along with sheamus and punk. I'd love to see an Orton/Rhodes/Sheamus triple threat at WM28, but we can all hope

3. Wade Barrett- By the looks of things, he's being groomed to be a champion. Then again, as the leader of the Nexus I thought he would be the heel champion at last years Wrestlemania, but that spot went to The Miz. Hopefully, they will handle him differently this time round and give him a good run as champion.

4. Zack Ryder- I'm definitely not saying he will be a wwe/world champion. He will at least win a US championship, or get drafted to smackdown and win the Intercontinental championship.

5. Sheamus- Defintely be world heavyweight champion. 1 of my 3 picks to win the royal rumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back